The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fang Lair and Scalecaller Motifs Now Available

• jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on the in-game Motif drops:

For now, hold off on learning the Scalecaller Motif or pages until the next incremental patch. For PC, this is scheduled for next Monday. For console, it'll be in about 3 weeks (we have some other fixes going into that patch). If you have a character that is currently unable to learn the Fang Lair Motif - which is tied to learning the Scalecaller Motif first - it should also be resolved in the next patch.

Fang Lair veteran dungeon, first boss keeps resetting. Can you move some devs from the crown store to the bugfixing department? Thank you...

You can't use pets in that dungeon. They reset all the bosses for some reason. So that means wardens can't complete this content. But it's okay, we're so bad almost no one wants us on their team anyway. Pet sorcs can just respec.
    For what it's worth, we're currently working on a fix for this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean the crown store version of the motifs will be back on monday as well?
    For PC, yes.

Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It is not clear to me how this affects in-game page drops from dungeon bosses. We can safely learn Fang Lair pages but not Scalecaller? Or is everything bugged and we should not learn any pages of Scalecaller or Fang Lair until after Monday's patch?
    Sorry, yes. If you haven't learned Scalecaller yet, you can still learn Fang Lair successfully. Basically what we found is if you learn Scalecaller first, then Fang Lair, that was causing Fang Lair not to work properly.

Do you know whether you can safely learn Scalecaller after learning Fang Lair? And is the bug 1-to-1 (e.g. I learned Scalecaller swords so now I can’t learn Fang Lair swords until the patch) or 1-and-done (e.g. I learned Scalecaller swords so now I can’t learn any Fang Lair until the patch)?
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For now, hold off on learning the Scalecaller Motif or pages until the next incremental patch. For PC, this is scheduled for next Monday. For console, it'll be in about 3 weeks (we have some other fixes going into that patch). If you have a character that is currently unable to learn the Fang Lair Motif - which is tied to learning the Scalecaller Motif first - it should also be resolved in the next patch.

Fang Lair veteran dungeon, first boss keeps resetting. Can you move some devs from the crown store to the bugfixing department? Thank you...

You can't use pets in that dungeon. They reset all the bosses for some reason. So that means wardens can't complete this content. But it's okay, we're so bad almost no one wants us on their team anyway. Pet sorcs can just respec.

So I am not gonna lose fang lair page that I just bough from someone (and learned it) for 170k, right? I really needed that beautiful chest piece instantly on my character outfit ^^
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a circus
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    A question that hasn't been brought up is whether or not learning the scalecaller motif with prevent you from learning any other motifs, similarly to how you can't learn the FN motif afterwards.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to buying those two motifs today. Would be nice if they had an 'apology' sale on those two motifs.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

does that include the non crown store versions?
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s a complex game with complex issues. At least it’s being resolved quickly and the communication has been awesome. Not the end of the world.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    It’s a complex game with complex issues. At least it’s being resolved quickly and the communication has been awesome. Not the end of the world.

Resolved quickly you say? 3 weeks is quickly to you.

Here is a skyscraper being built in 15 days. 3 weeks for a fix for us lmao.

https://youtu.be/N6f_sayw0mM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few more bashing comments. This is a reminder that bashing any ZOS employee is in violation of the forum rules and will result in actions being taken against your forum account. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, starting today, we console motif farmers have roughly 3 weeks to run those dungeons and sling pages.
    Xbox NA
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    What a circus

That about sums up my thoughts as well.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    So, starting today, we console motif farmers have roughly 3 weeks to run those dungeons and sling pages.

But you may also get grief and reported when people can't use them. Not your fault, obviously, but I don't understand why an in-game message isn't appearing :/
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any word on the outstanding community questions on this issue?
    jypcy wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean the crown store version of the motifs will be back on monday as well?
    For PC, yes.

Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It is not clear to me how this affects in-game page drops from dungeon bosses. We can safely learn Fang Lair pages but not Scalecaller? Or is everything bugged and we should not learn any pages of Scalecaller or Fang Lair until after Monday's patch?
    Sorry, yes. If you haven't learned Scalecaller yet, you can still learn Fang Lair successfully. Basically what we found is if you learn Scalecaller first, then Fang Lair, that was causing Fang Lair not to work properly.

Do you know whether you can safely learn Scalecaller after learning Fang Lair? And is the bug 1-to-1 (e.g. I learned Scalecaller swords so now I can’t learn Fang Lair swords until the patch) or 1-and-done (e.g. I learned Scalecaller swords so now I can’t learn any Fang Lair until the patch)?

testd4n1 wrote: »
    A question that hasn't been brought up is whether or not learning the scalecaller motif with prevent you from learning any other motifs, similarly to how you can't learn the FN motif afterwards.

Aliyavana wrote: »

does that include the non crown store versions?

• DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but it is sad seeing this much of a response from ZOS over a crown store item... Sorry to the people who purchased it, at least it will be fixed.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the bug reporting section like all other bug threads? So that it can be swept under the rug and kept out of the spotlight?

It really is appalling seeing all the ZOS responses in this thread. If it weren't created by a ZOS employee, it would have been closed by now.

edit

don't get me wrong, I appreciate the responses, but shouldn't everything get this kind of attention and response? Rather than silence for months on end....
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on June 27, 2018 9:29PM
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to find on normal, or just vet?
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but it is sad seeing this much of a response from ZOS over a crown store item... Sorry to the people who purchased it, at least it will be fixed.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the bug reporting section like all other bug threads? So that it can be swept under the rug and kept out of the spotlight?

It really is appalling seeing all the ZOS responses in this thread. If it weren't created by a ZOS employee, it would have been closed by now.

edit

don't get me wrong, I appreciate the responses, but shouldn't everything get this kind of attention and response? Rather than silence for months on end....

This totally!
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    l... evidence by the plenty buyers brave enough to post in this thread

Why would posting in this thread require "bravery"?
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    next maintenance is July 2nd, do we have to wait til then ? They took the crown store version down.
    Edited by neverwalk on June 27, 2018 9:49PM
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier you said top priority was fixing the game. Now, instead, it's releasing a broken motif. After two years, I've cancelled my plus account, cause I'm not feeling the love.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will be cheaper second time around :*
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l... evidence by the plenty buyers brave enough to post in this thread

Why would posting in this thread require "bravery"?

Because a lot of people are unhappy with ZOS and think nothing will change until we stop buying from them to hurt their wallet. It seems that's all they pay attention to and this thread is kind of leaning that way as well.

However it won't really work. Sales might drop a bit, but there are too many people who still purchase.

They need the money and deserve the money, I just wish they would stop blaming our internet.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

If you would familiarize yourself with the forum rules you would realize that bashing any ZOS employee is in violation of them and will result in actions being taken against your forum account.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 28, 2018 12:11AM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you would familiarize yourself with the forum rules you would realize that bashing any ZOS employee is in violation of them and will result in actions being taken against your forum account.

So basically we cannot say they did a bad job?

That's fine.

I wont say it.

Their actions do speak for themselves.

I just don't see how something like this went live in the first place. Then to receive this kind of attention.....
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 28, 2018 12:17AM
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you would clarify where have you seen the "bashing", or you just felt to comment without even knowing what comments I'm talking about?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 28, 2018 12:35AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

If you would clarify where have you seen the "bashing", or you just felt to comment without even knowing what comments I'm talking about?

ZOS said they removed the "bashing" comments. So it would be impossible to "point them out"...amirite?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 28, 2018 12:21AM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last like 5 or so posts need to be deleted for discussing moderator actions and bashing.

Don't stop now.
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on June 27, 2018 10:25PM
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few more bashing comments. This is a reminder that bashing any ZOS employee is in violation of the forum rules and will result in actions being taken against your forum account. Thank you for your understanding.

Actually I would like to understand how it's a "bashing" comment the opinion of a customer saying this studio seems to lack QA (in these simple words), it's merely a feedback and it's a fact there is a problem with these motives Quality Assurance should have identified before going live.

And what about it's weeks we got Master Writs requiring motives non existent in game? Isn't that a very big oversight too?

This isn't about "bashing" ZOS employee and no harsh words were used whatsoever, I'm seriously appalled.

ZOS said they removed the "bashing" comments. So it would be impossible to "point them out"...amirite?

Cached versions exist if you visited and nothing on the net gets really lost, the point though is to not confuse "bashing" with feedback supported by facts, it's not like I made up I had master writs sitting in my inventory of non-existing motives, it's fact, and now there is an issue quality assurance could have identified.
    Edited by RANKK7 on June 27, 2018 10:52PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    At least we know what they respond quickly to. Crown Store. Maybe if they realized that PvP is also money for them through subscriptions, they’d pay it the same attention and work on fixing it within the same day. As said before, the response time for this is hilariously fast.

I wish they would offer the LOL button in the Crown Store; I would buy it, even if it was broken >:)
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another example of really bad quality controls in place before pushing out content to live servers. ZOS needs to hire more testers. Buggy content really hurts and enrages the player base.

I love this game but these bugs and unplayable parts of the game and for some platforms unplayable entire game is really hurting the game's ability to retain and attract players.

I'm sure ESO brings in a lot of profits but honestly it should be more. The player base should be bigger. Active players in all game modes should be larger. ZOS should be making way more money, if only for the buggy and and laggy coding that keeps the game down.

I was going to drop $$ on buying more crowns to get the motifs tonight but now I have to wait until the issue is resolved. I was going to drop $100 on three motifs but now that revenue generation is going to be delayed by at least a week. Multiply that by the thousands of players who wanted to spend $$ and that's a lot of lost revenue.
    Edited by Skoomah on June 27, 2018 10:45PM
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Another example of really bad quality controls in place before pushing out content to live servers. ZOS needs to hire more testers. Buggy content really hurts and enrages the player base.

I love this game but these bugs and unplayable parts of the game and for some platforms unplayable entire game is really hurting the game's ability to retain and attract players.

I think less focus on the Crown Store and more focus on the actual game would help with this!
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora