Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Invisible Postern Wall Glitch

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    4.0.9. Patch notes don’t mention this at all, so I guess they have faith the issue fixes itself with general performance improvements.

Glad to see that, as always, they're right on top of issues that affect the PVP community.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.0.9. Patch notes don’t mention this at all, so I guess they have faith the issue fixes itself with general performance improvements.

Glad to see that, as always, they're right on top of issues that affect the PVP community.

Gift a friend some Crown Crates, that might make you feel better.

Just another day in Skyrim Nexus Online.
    Edited by zyk on June 11, 2018 4:33PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Gift a friend some Crown Crates, that might make you feel better.

Just another day in Skyrim Nexus Online.

Not happening in a million years at this rate.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please stop completely ignoring major PVP issues like this one. We deserve acknowledgement, at least.
    A major exploit (and people ARE exploiting it) should result in a much higher priority fix, but PVP exploits rarely ever get priority. Some linger for months. =/
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correction - can walk right through
    Edited by Potenza on June 21, 2018 6:51PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments for naming and shaming. This is a reminder that naming and shaming as well as baiting comments aimed at another individual or group is against the forum rules. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • projectscience
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments for naming and shaming. This is a reminder that naming and shaming as well as baiting comments aimed at another individual or group is against the forum rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Appreciated. But it would be refreshing to see ZOS take as much care fixing bugs like this as their mods parse the forum for naming an shaming.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could we instead have someone fix it?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we could name and shame the postern door bug so it gets removed too :D?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Bless this bug. I didn't have to worry about my character being able to open a door to get inside an inner postern while being chased by a dozen people. Keep it in until they can fix doors imo.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, I don't wanna tell you how to do your job or anything, but if you can take a sec away from defending the naming from the shaming, how's about firing off an email or walking down the hall or whatever it takes to tell someone that can do stuff that the game is completely broken?

If you can manage to squeeze that in before your lunch break, we'd all really appreciate it.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Hey, I don't wanna tell you how to do your job or anything, but if you can take a sec away from defending the naming from the shaming, how's about firing off an email or walking down the hall or whatever it takes to tell someone that can do stuff that the game is completely broken?

If you can manage to squeeze that in before your lunch break, we'd all really appreciate it.

Thank you for saying what everyone else is thinking.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps if everyone starts doing it, ZOS will just name it an RNG feature.

Some daedric god going around and randomly making doors disappear for you if you pray to them..

Last week I was literally defending a Bleakers FD attack and 10 EP jumped through the North postern wall and tried to kill us.

We were so upset we had to ult train them, instead of using that ultimate to jump on the FD rammers

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I know you are struggling with busy days because you are designing the perfect pvp patch, right? take time out of your day and fix this :worried:
    Edited by SwampRaider on June 14, 2018 9:51AM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sent a tweet for it @Agrippa_Invisus - just saw that last night first time:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyHandsomeShingleNotLikeThis
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Yup. That's it.

Always good to have video so ZOS can see how poorly coded the product they're producing is.

I'm not even upset by how this can be abused by players who aren't willing to have a little self awareness and do the right thing. Nope. The thing that upsets me is this is just another glaring sign of how little ZOS cares and how sloppy their game code is.

After all those promises of how Cyrodiil would work better after Summerset dropped -- to the point I actually spent my money on that terrible expansion -- we get this low quality junk dumped in our laps and it still isn't fixed.

Any other PVP focused game that had an exploit so obvious would've been patched within 24-48 hours. But why should I get my hopes up? This is the same company that let garbage like the Caltops/No Siege Damage bug linger for months and then actively celebrated guilds that serially exploited it.

Anyways, thanks for the Twitch clip of it happening. It's appreciated.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old bug that has returned. Anyone player that claims to have been playing for years and using this bug, with the I didn't know excuse, is intentionally cheating.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Happened again last night at Sejanus. We had to have 5-6 players just watching a 100% repaired postern while the front door went down just to prevent people from abusing the exploit.

Gankers and solos just kept running in and out of the keep while we were trying to defend against all the players who know how to play without exploiting. In the end, it made it impossible to defend and the outpost flipped.

Fix this, ZOS.

Not acceptable.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night, PS4 NA
    https://imgur.com/a/K4Lojms

edit{i can't ever get the pictures to display correctly, i'm sorry}
    Edited by valeriiya on June 15, 2018 4:27PM
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Anyone wrote:

Oh wow, a dev response......oh, damn I fell for that click bait.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the things I noticed about the bug:

You can not hit players/npc with siege weapons even if you target though the opening. It will just hit an invisible wall.

You can not hit player/npc with attacks nor can you pull them through the bugged wall.

It seems that in some part the player – environment collision is being maintained client side, and not checked by the server. Which if true could potentially be abused.

The state if the wall is down or up from the server to client could be what is getting messed up; because if you leave the area far enough or teleport to a different to keep and come back the wall’s state will refresh and it will be intact.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    It seems that in some part the player – environment collision is being maintained client side, and not checked by the server. Which if true could potentially be abused.

This is the case and it has been abused.

There have been times when objects like rocks have been missing for one faction, but not others. For example, DC players would be able to run inside where the rock should be and players of other factions would not be able to follow or hit them.

There are also times when the client won't render some keep geometry like walls and doors to some players, in which case those affected can walk through where it's supposed to be.. There is a rumor that there's a way to reproduce this bug at will, though no proof exists that I am aware of.

Also, because collision is client-side and ESO is vulnerable to memory hacking, there is no reason why that technique couldn't be used to remove geometry. Before a known memory hacker was banned, he published a video of him abusing missing doors in outposts.

There is an old video of an entire group who happened to not have dolmen geometry render. They were able to escape inside to where the dolmen was supposed to be and the group they were fighting was not able to hit them.

So yeah, collision is client-side.
    Edited by zyk on June 15, 2018 7:27PM
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUSH PUSH PUSH THIS NEEDS A HOTFIX ASAP!

ITS OUT SINCE SUMMERSET - A MAJOR GLITCH THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE ABUSING. INSTEAD OF PROTECTING EXPLOITERS WITH THIS STUPID NAMING AND SHAMING RULE FIX THIS BUG PLEASE!!!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to us last night on Xbox NA in Sotha Sil. Blues walked right into sejanus. We kept killing them so they stopped but this would be annoying if they could have killed us.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now we know this is on three platforms. That seems like an issue worth a dev comment.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I haven't played Cyro since SI dropped, does this bug mean that the wall is open or closed?

Does it happen after repairing or does it glitch out after sieging or something else?

Or maybe it happens after a flip?
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw an AD group go take back their scroll by going through a postern door that was at 100% health the other week.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Attaching an entry boundary state to a texture being present is super efficient. Dunno what you guys are whinging about. Can't wait for the Midsummer event with this.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This glitch is incredibly annoying. You show up to siege somewhere, rejoice for a half second because the wall is down, then realize nope lol the door is still there you have to knock down the wall for real except now you have a much smaller target to hit because your ballista bolts go right through! Every good honest PvPer hates this glitch.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos just added a training aid to help teach pugs not to hit the door by showing the parts of the walls which collapse idk what the fuss is about
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

You are a good player @FENGRUSH . Thank you for showing .