The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Calling all healers, which Monster set will you be using after Summerset?

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Is it heresy to run Valkyn Skoria on a healer? I mean, throwing shards and laying down blockades means it'll proc constantly.

It's not that it won't proc, but that the damage it does will probably less than the damage & survival increase you will add to the group by using other sets. But that depends on content. Generally when you're discussing healer builds is about veteran trials. Everything else you can heal in pretty much anything, or barely heal at all and still get it done.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn
    Grabmoore wrote: »
    As you guys know 2 handed staves will count as 2 set pieces, leaving healers to finally be able to use monster sets.

I am confused by this statement. I've skinned every dungeon including scalecaller on my healer using chokethorn, 5 piece twilight, and the rest julianos.

Well you can do thek almost naked if you want with just a resto staff, but the most efficient way to do them is with 2 5 piece sets SPC is a must other is optional and a single monster helm or a Master/Malestrom Resto

That's simply incorrect, both about two 5-piece being essential and SPC being essential. Everyone I know that runs with my healer always asks me to run stuff and tells me I'm one of the best (if not the best) healer they know. They wouldn't be saying that if my build was as far wrong as you say it is.

Well you run with newbees then. Thats okay, but SPC is BiS, no matter how "good" you are Good healers don't heal, they buff damage.

The people I play with have cleared a variety of content including vet maw. Newbees, amirite?
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Earthgore looks delicious. <3
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I've run Mighty Chudan, regardless of content, for a long time now...

That will not change with Summerset...

Mighty Chudan for life..
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Infernal Guardian, Maw of the Infernal and Sentinel of Rkugamz provide good utility for pve healers.

Most healers can handle casting HoTs and Burst heals on their own without a monster set to help. What they can do for dungeons/ non Hm trials is use Maw of the Infernal to do extra dps without having to deal with a difficult proc condition like most other monster sets. Most sets proc on damage over time, or direct damage etc. Maw procs off of light and heavy attacks which is perfect for a healer using a resto/lighting set up since each heavy attack will have 3/5 damage tics for those two staves. This makes Maw have a really high uptime.

In summerset dk healer will become very viable and with the spamming of Igneous shields for the Major Mending a healer will want, they can get some free Max Magicka and Fire damage by using Infernal Guardian. This fits very nicely with dk healers kit since they have passives that boost fire/burning damage done and will be casting their igneous shields frequently anyways.

Sentinel is very situational but in stack and burn situations like the vet craglorn trials when combined with the Masters Restoration staff, you can help your stam dps a lot by basically providing them an extra ~5k stam every 15 seconds. This can also greatly help the tank in vAA since you can cast healing springs with a Master Resto on the tank to feed him stam and that will proc Sentinel which will feed him 4k stam along with some extra hots. A tank will typically benefit most from the otherwise meager 4-5k stam every 15 seconds because they usually stack block cost reduction so that stam goes a long way for them.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    @Iron_Blurr you are aware that obsidian sheild and its morphs do not stack currently right? Now sure if zos will allow them to stack on the pts but as of right now, you, as a dragonknight healer will take the shield of the dragonknight tank you are most likely running with. That is no good. Meaning that you can't really run obsidian sheild on a healer.
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    @Iron_Blurr you are aware that obsidian sheild and its morphs do not stack currently right? Now sure if zos will allow them to stack on the pts but as of right now, you, as a dragonknight healer will take the shield of the dragonknight tank you are most likely running with. That is no good. Meaning that you can't really run obsidian sheild on a healer.

In summerset patch dk tanks and healers will not be using the same shield morph. Even if it doesnt stack who cares? Major mending is far more valuable than a tiny shield a dk tank can cast on the party because dk tanks dont stack into bastion like a healer will. Either way having 2 people running shields for your party is still better than 1.
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    I don't yet know what I'll use for trials, but for Dungeons I'm going with Mighty Chudan. I usually do them with random people, so the team efficiency varies a lot. For poor groups it allows me to sustain more damage and be more independent of a poor tank or underwhelming DPS, and if the group is good it allows me to switch from blue Magicka + Health food to Witchmother's Potent Brew, increasing my Magicka Regeneration.

(I know I chose Earthgore in the poll, but ignore that)
    Edited by Saphayla on April 18, 2018 6:48AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »

In summerset patch dk tanks and healers will not be using the same shield morph. Even if it doesnt stack who cares? Major mending is far more valuable than a tiny shield a dk tank can cast on the party because dk tanks dont stack into bastion like a healer will. Either way having 2 people running shields for your party is still better than 1.

On my tank, I don't have a "tiny" shield, I have a 12k ward for me and a 4k for everyone around me. A healer using the other morph, that most likely won't stack, will only have a 1.8k, as it is only 10% of your health, ward for him self and everyone else, because that morph does not get the 200% boost to themselves, only double duration on major mending. You are telling me that you think it is okay for the healer to replace my sheild of 12k with a 1.8k ward? It is better for the healer to just heavy attack like every other healer to get the major mending.

Dk Healers will not stack into bastion, that would be worthless, better to just max out blessed then waste points into that node on a healer.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 18, 2018 6:54AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure you can. The tank should either use the skill and deal with me overwriting it (or vice versa) or use another skill. The Igneous / Obsidian Shield with the increased Major Mending duration will be one of the BiS skills for DK healers in Summerset and I for sure will use it frequently.

And sure will DK healers stack points in Bastion if they're build as a "shield" healer.
    Edited by Seraphayel on April 18, 2018 7:16AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll King
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Earthgore remains BIS for a lot of stuff, PVP included.

Even with the Nerf?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If a healer were to cast a group shield, it will be Bone Surge, for the Major Vitality bonus it gives; it also scales to the target's health. Also having Infernal Guardian on any character in a dungeon makes a mess out of aggro since it pulls the mobs on that character instead of the tank. It may also kill some adds that aren't meant to be killed at a specific moment in some dungeons: ghosts in CoH 2, daedroths in BC 2, wamasu handler in RoM etc. If someone used that in vAA it would hit the axes, and make them go away from the tank. In good groups the tank only taunts them once but then holds aggro by simply doing damage on them, ex. with reflected damage from Volatile Armor, Cinder Storm etc. provided no one else does. If a dumb healer using Infernal Guardian in vAA would mess up the axes, I will have him kicked out of the group, kicked from the guild and put on the ignore list.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Infernal guardian is a fun set, not too strong though. Not exactly a healing set. Very much not a good set to use in all dungeons either.

Chokethorn might be cool but its random and single target. Because of how strong it is it gives me a small amount of relief for the target its healing.

Earthgore despite its delay would practically be a free ultimate. When its cast I can have some sustain recovery time.
    Edited by CurlyQTip on April 18, 2018 10:45AM
    Signatures are for losers
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    [Edited to remove quote]

It is not diversity, nor is it a "buff" when I play my dk tank and some dk healer decides it is more important to them to have major mending for a whole 3 more seconds then for me to have my own 12k ward instead of their puny 1.7k ward. Not to mention that the other 3 wards my tank give out will be 4k, more then double what a healer will be able to give. Come on man.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 19, 2018 3:19PM
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    [Edited to remove quote]

Oh no I was agreeing with you. If a tank has one skill that doesn't really work with what I have slotted, I'll instead use an alternative that works with it.

When a healer is removing a tanks ward for mending they're basically crippling their tanks build for no reason. Tank now can't do their job as well, which means healer indirectly now can't heal as effectively, it makes it effectively pointless.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 19, 2018 3:20PM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel
    Warden (PvP): Chokethorn
    Templar (PvP) Earthgore

PvE: Sentinel
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None. I will probably still stick to my Arena staves (Asylum/Master/Maelstrom Resto and Maelstrom Destro).
    Edited by Illurian on April 18, 2018 12:49PM
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Major Mending is not as needed in PvE since you have a very high "HoS" anyway, but it's more useful in PvP where heals are halved by battle spirit and you can also get defiled quite easily; PvE defiles can usually be purged and DLC trials do require purging every few seconds in certain fights. A properly geared healer can pump himself and 5 other people to full health in 2s or less, using AoE skills, I've seen sustained HPS as high as 50K in trials just hitting 4 skills: Combat Prayer, Healing Springs, Ritual of Retribution and Enegry Orbs all of which are HoTs. Healing is a small portion of what end game "healing" actually is about, and should more accurately be called "support". That means restoring resources, providing buffs and synergies, rather than raw healing. That's why I won't frequently use any pure healing sets, especially single target or limited ranged ones, but rather sets that allow me to provide unique buffs (Lord Warden) or provide the ones which cannot have 100% up time like Major Force more frequently, through ultimate generation (Bloodspawn) and/or multiplied up time (Jorvuld's Guidance on back bar).

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is saying that Chokethorn heal is random target... i always tought it was smart heal. Anyone has a proof of anything?
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn
    In my experience it is a smart heal. It's delayed a little though, so if you see damage coming before it happens and heal it before the chokethorn deploys, it might be wasted. It's still magnitudes better than Earthgore though, everyone saying it's good for PVE in my opinion are out of their minds. You don't need to heal 35k in a burst every 35 seconds (not remembering exact numbers there), you need more smartheals more frequently. Why would I need my monster set to heal that much and then be down for half a minute when I can get a chokethorn smarthealing proc twice as often with much less downtime between them?

In addition, chokethorn is amazing for sustaining me while I'm rezzing someone, especially if I'm the last man standing and I have to deal with whatever enemies are still up. Earthgore would either be down (like always) or would expire before my rez was complete so my health would start dropping fast, whereas with chokethorn on me, the only way I'm not getting that rez is if I get oneshot or CCd.
  • SkyIsTheLimit1206
    SkyIsTheLimit1206
    ✭✭✭
    Troll King
    I am the...

TROLL KING.

Seriously, the set it really good; Earthgore is more bursty but this is a great guaranteed HoT
    With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    O.o why do I keep getting tagged. I wonder if other guy even gets this.

Still I do wonder about the math is there anything that compared to spc? How much dps boost is spc? Is I better in longer or shorter fights?

4% is a good rough figure, assuming great uptime.

Question -- why don't more people run SPC on one bar only? It would see that uptime could be strong in that kind of set-up.
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    [Edited to remove quote]

But you get major mending from resto heavy attacks, which should pretty much be main barred no matter what. Healers should also constantly be heavy attacking to keep their bar up. In between attacks they should keep a preventative shield, AoE/HoT, SPC/BP, drain, or whatever else they have to do up.

lVv7hNY.png

Three seconds is more than enough. Without major mending or buffs my warden can easily HPS through most damage except damage that goes through their entire healthbar. When the tanks ward/shield/whatever is lowered they just straight up take a bigger hit to the health, leading to you having to heal them for more

Major mending over a tanks ward is useless because massive burst HPS isn't nearly as important as you think it is, outside of moments where you get a heal check, in which case you're better off with sustain gear and SPC, as well as potions that give major prophecy and/or major sorcery for those burst moments, ultimates as well.

I can pull 20k HPS in a 4 man group and sustain it at around 15k with buffs. If it was 10k I'd probably be fine to be honest, and a lot of the time I find myself around that number. This is with 2190 spell damage and 41% spell crit, with 37k magicka. Trust me, HPS is a fruitless thing, keeping your team alive is, and your tanks job is to take the damage for them. I could have 600k HPS and I'm still *** if my tank can't do his job.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 19, 2018 3:21PM
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame

Maybe in PvP, but in PvE, stacking heals over time is what i prefer on my DK healer, especially now that they've made ash cloud useful.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe in PvP, but in PvE, stacking heals over time is what i prefer on my DK healer, especially now that they've made ash cloud useful.

Especially with the new healer set Ash Cloud seems to be a quite strong AoE ground heal.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix of two
    Aurielle wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, NO ONE in my guilds runs DSA, so I haven't been able to get a Master resto staff and doubt I ever will. If Sentinel procs reliably, then it's a decent alternative to not having access to Master resto.

I PUGed vDSA for the Master. It's totally doable with unknown people. Just ask for those who already ran it. If it's your first time in vDSA, maybe I can help (but as I only play healers, I will be the healer.) Just PM me, if you play on PC-EU.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel
    Griffe wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, NO ONE in my guilds runs DSA, so I haven't been able to get a Master resto staff and doubt I ever will. If Sentinel procs reliably, then it's a decent alternative to not having access to Master resto.

I PUGed vDSA for the Master. It's totally doable with unknown people. Just ask for those who already ran it. If it's your first time in vDSA, maybe I can help (but as I only play healers, I will be the healer.) Just PM me, if you play on PC-EU.

I’m on PS4, alas. Thanks, though. :) I might try pugging it if I don’t like Sentinel. I’ve gotten by fine with SPC/Worm (or Sanctuary, depending on group composition) with 1pc Earthgore, but I always do feel bad for my stam folks. Shrooms and orbs help a bit, but I’d still rather give them more options for stam sustain.

• ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we removed a few comments that were baiting. This is a friendly reminder that baiting and personal insults are against our forum rules. Please keep comments on topic and constructive to the conversation. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Warden stam healer: Chokethorn
    Dk healer: Infernal Guardian
    Sorc healer: Maw of the Infernal
    NB healer: Earthgore
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Warden stam healer: Chokethorn
    Dk healer: Infernal Guardian
    Sorc healer: Maw of the Infernal
    NB healer: Earthgore[/quote]

I think sorc healer could benefit from Infernal Guardian as well since they will have to keep up their shields to keep their pet alive which is tied to their burst heal. I dont think Infernal is a good idea in situations like vAA final boss or a few other situations where the group needs to focus down a specific enemy rather than the farthest one away. In those situations i think Maw of the Infernal would help a lot since its damage scales with max Magicka like the sorcs other pets.