The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Calling all healers, which Monster set will you be using after Summerset?

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Tasear wrote: »
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Earthgore remains BIS for a lot of stuff, PVP included.

In PvE is a massive single heal every 35 sec really useful??

I can tell you that it can be very useful in PvE. The proc conditions shouldn't be met more than once every 35 seconds in most content. In DLC dungeons it works out as once per trash pull and is a real safety net in many fights where certain bosses can produce large amounts of sustained damage to an entire group. For our no death runs at the moment our healer runs it with IA and SPC with staves of each to have both 5 pieces as needed.

I plan to run it on my healers for PvE and PvP.

IA is not really good for healers, much better to just use a lightning staff and blockade, infused with a shock enchant, pretty good concuss uptime, and provide off-balance, which your stam players will appreciate.

If you run with a magsorc, it's straight up wasted, because it doesn't stack with concussed.

That way you free up a set, and can use Jorvuld (or whatever strikes your fancy, Mending, Sanctuary, etc).

IA is only really useful on a very limited number of fights, like the storm atro in AA, since you can't concuss it.

If I were you I'd advise (and help) your healer to farm a new secondary set to pair with SPC.

As for PvP, Earthgore is only really BiS for ballgroups or zerg-surfing.

For small scale there are much better alternatives.

Infused..you mean charged triat. O.o

Infused is more dps with around the same chance for procing concussion from the enchant.

40% chance every 2 seconds vs 84% every 4 seconds.

Still seems better with charged as proc lasts 4 secs. But this seems interesting. Thanks for information.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    O.o just thought of something
    As you guys know 2 handed staves will count as 2 set pieces, leaving healers to finally be able to use monster sets.

I am confused by this statement. I've skinned every dungeon including scalecaller on my healer using chokethorn, 5 piece twilight, and the rest julianos.

How does proc on chokethorn wor? Is it random?
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    As you guys know 2 handed staves will count as 2 set pieces, leaving healers to finally be able to use monster sets.

I am confused by this statement. I've skinned every dungeon including scalecaller on my healer using chokethorn, 5 piece twilight, and the rest julianos.

Well you can do thek almost naked if you want with just a resto staff, but the most efficient way to do them is with 2 5 piece sets SPC is a must other is optional and a single monster helm or a Master/Malestrom Resto

That's simply incorrect, both about two 5-piece being essential and SPC being essential. Everyone I know that runs with my healer always asks me to run stuff and tells me I'm one of the best (if not the best) healer they know. They wouldn't be saying that if my build was as far wrong as you say it is.

He is not saying your build is incorrect, Mr best healer ever, he is saying there are better options. And he is saying that to complete stuff, you don't need anything special, big man healer guy.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 17, 2018 8:33AM
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn
    Did you even read what he said?
    but the most efficient way to do them is with 2 5 piece sets SPC is a must other is optional and a single monster helm or a Master/Malestrom Resto

@Tasear I believe it's mostly random, but it seems to prioritize the most injured target or the target with the least current health. Very often I'll see someone get badly hurt and if my chokethorn pops up before I heal them, it will pretty much always pick that target and handle it for me. It's saved many people from dying.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 17, 2018 8:38AM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    but the most efficient way to do them is with 2 5 piece sets SPC is a must other is optional and a single monster helm or a Master/Malestrom Resto

@Tasear I believe it's mostly random, but it seems to prioritize the most injured target or the target with the least current health. Very often I'll see someone get badly hurt and if my chokethorn pops up before I heal them, it will pretty much always pick that target and handle it for me. It's saved many people from dying.

That's good because it was broken and healing full health allies so never went back to it.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame

"Most efficient" does not mean "incorrect" doesn't mean unable to be "skinned"(what a laughable thing to brag about) He is absolutely correct that if you don't have spc and another five and such, you and your team are less efficient then if you do.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 17, 2018 8:41AM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

"Most efficient" does not mean "incorrect" doesn't mean unable to be "skinned"(what a laughable thing to brag about) He is absolutely correct that if you don't have spc and another five and such, you and your team are less efficient then if you do.

Seems I got quoted somehow here. Though my thoughts are master resto is outclassed but sentiental in most cases. You have to spam springs 16 times between procs .

I suppose they will have to watch the issue , but outside of a trial. It's not a good idea to have master resto.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame

Seems I got quoted somehow here. Though my thoughts are master resto is outclassed but sentiental in most cases. You have to spam springs 16 times between procs .

I suppose they will have to watch the issue , but outside of a trial. It's not a good idea to have master resto.

The guy I was responding to explained that chokethorn is most likely a smart heal on proc, meaning it will target the lowest person at the time of the proc and get them. For around 4-5k ticks of healing. Which is not a lot, Bogdan does that in 5k+ ticks of healing for six seconds, in an aoe, meaning it can hit 6 people.

On sentinel of rkugamz, I agree. My warden healer has had it on with spc front bar and lich back bar. Now that I can just use five armor for spc and the rest for another set, I am at a loss for what I want to use, I have mending, worm cult and your favorite, twilight remedy. Not sure what I will be replacing lich with.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 17, 2018 9:06AM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

The guy I was responding to explained that chokethorn is most likely a smart heal on proc, meaning it will target the lowest person at the time of the proc and get them. For around 4-5k ticks of healing. Which is not a lot, Bogdan does that in 5k+ ticks of healing for six seconds, in an aoe, meaning it can hit 6 people.

On sentinel of rkugamz, I agree. My warden healer has had it on with spc front bar and lich back bar. Now that I can just use five armor for spc and the rest for another set, I am at a loss for what I want to use, I have mending, worm cult and your favorite, twilight remedy. Not sure what I will be replacing lich with.

I need to see passives of new skill line still. I don't think I will use twlight remedy anymore. Though...I will still eventually gold last ring I needed for memories.

My thoughts are twlight still best offensive support set next to OP spc for randoms. But looking at changes in notes, I see guidance as a real contender. It will work with major slayer now. Still how to test against the god set spc. Hmm maybe ....but at very least! Storm annotach + master atronach might break some things maybe just for a moment.

Still disappointed about new support sets and triaits. Harmony looks like a tank triat or nich dps one. Then again maybe replace regain glyph on dps and whla. Infused or triune might be only changes we can do.

Idk I have some ideas, but we say see.

P.S I am biased turns earthgore just for style xD
    Options
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, don't go in trials atm without SPC if you want to be taken seriously as healer. I agree it's less needed in 4 men content.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    O.o why do I keep getting tagged. I wonder if other guy even gets this.

Still I do wonder about the math is there anything that compared to spc? How much dps boost is spc? Is I better in longer or shorter fights?
    Edited by Tasear on April 17, 2018 9:42AM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel

Agreed. Without SPC, healing well simply becomes a missed opportunity. I’m all for encouraging off-meta builds (so long as they do the job properly), but there is objectively no more effective or equally effective alternative to SPC. I actually get frustrated when I’m running dungeons on my DD and don’t see that buff popping — even if the healer is doing a great job of keeping everyone’s health topped up.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    But are we sure? I always wondered? Are we subjected to group think?

But yes more buff sets...and remodel some resto skills 2018 !

Edited by Tasear on April 17, 2018 9:50AM
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

you keep using this word "sentiental"

what does that word mean? google doesn't even know it; it keeps pointing back to you. you're most of the search results, and nothing autocorrects to sentiental.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    swippy wrote: »

what does that word mean? google doesn't even know it; it keeps pointing back to you. you're most of the search results, and nothing autocorrects to sentiental.

It's clearly a typo. We all know what I meant.
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Tasear I believe it's mostly random, but it seems to prioritize the most injured target or the target with the least current health. Very often I'll see someone get badly hurt and if my chokethorn pops up before I heal them, it will pretty much always pick that target and handle it for me. It's saved many people from dying.

Sentinel of Rkugamz Set
    LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160
    (1 items) Adds 2% Healing Done
    (2 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 10% chance to summon a dwemer spider that heals for 1049 Health and restores 524 Stamina to you and your allies within 5 meters every 1 second for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

524 Stmaina x 8 sec = 258 Stamina from 16 cast of Master Resto Healing Springs. Only Springs has a far larger radius than the Spider. That’s why most prefer it over that Monster helm. It’s why I will most likely continue to run the Master Resto.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two

Yes I wrote the most efficient way, doesn't mean your build is incorrect. That's why its called meta, people over time come up with the most efficient way to play. Also SPC is too good to pass out really helps your team with dps since you don't need extra healing sets as you skills with enough magika regen and max magika can more than sufficiently heal. But sure if you enjoy your build go ahead.
    Edited by Bigevilpeter on April 17, 2018 10:32AM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Tasear I believe it's mostly random, but it seems to prioritize the most injured target or the target with the least current health. Very often I'll see someone get badly hurt and if my chokethorn pops up before I heal them, it will pretty much always pick that target and handle it for me. It's saved many people from dying.

Sentinel of Rkugamz Set
    LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160
    (2 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 10% chance to summon a dwemer spider that heals for 1049 Health and restores 524 Stamina to you and your allies within 5 meters every 1 second for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

524 Stmaina x 8 sec = 258 Stamina from 16 cast of Master Resto Healing Springs. Only Springs has a far larger radius than the Spider. That’s why most prefer it over that Monster helm. It’s why I will most likely continue to run the Master Resto.

It's 8 meters and looks bigger then that. Definitely can cover all melee dps.
    Edited by Tasear on April 17, 2018 10:34AM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Actually!

If we do double resto we can have master resto and Sentinel of Rkugamz Set.
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    the same as I already use: None
    no kidding my healers run without monsterset and do their job outstanding, don´t see why it should wear a monsterset,
    BUT,
    I can imagine jewelry can be an option for summerset
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

i honestly didn't know what you meant. like i said, i both googled it and checked what could have autocorrected to it and got nowhere, even after asking you yourself. i thank Maura_Neysa for clearing it up :)
    Edited by swippy on April 17, 2018 12:41PM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

i honestly didn't know what you meant. like i said, i both googled it and checked what could have autocorrected to it and got nowhere, even after asking you yourself. i thank Maura_Neysa for clearing it up :)

My apologies...was touchy. I thought you were being a grammar ***.or something.

It's a good set in gameplay. I put cleansing ritual mutal and call it a day. Maybe it will work well with quick siphion too.

Edited by Tasear on April 17, 2018 12:46PM
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Sentinel of Rkugamz Set
    LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

Spring is 8 meters , Sentinel is only 5 meters and only useful if it procs on a Stam DPS/ Tank. I'd rather have 8 meters and cover the mag DPS who are for more likely to be the ones who actually run out of stamina.

Either way I wasn't trying to debate sets, just answering the question of "what is Sentinel?"

I also was assuming the asker did not know of the set, rather than just didn't understand the miss spelling of the word. I myself can not spell to save my life.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on April 17, 2018 1:56PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Zaan, for giggles.
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn
    Obviously Lord Warden, for my Warden. combined with frost cloak, that's what 9K spell and physical resistance that I can buff my group?
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Sentinel of Rkugamz Set
    LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

Spring is 8 meters , Sentinel is only 5 meters and only useful if it procs on a Stam DPS/ Tank. I'd rather have 8 meters and cover the mag DPS who are for more likely to be the ones who actually run out of stamina.

Either way I wasn't trying to debate sets, just answering the question of "what is Sentinel?"

O.o have you checked in game? I could of sworn it was 8.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 chudan and 1 pirate skeleton. More resistances if you have the major resistance buffs from class abilities.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Depends on content. I am pretty partial to my pirate skeleton though for tougher content.
    Options
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Well you can do thek almost naked if you want with just a resto staff, but the most efficient way to do them is with 2 5 piece sets SPC is a must other is optional and a single monster helm or a Master/Malestrom Resto

That's simply incorrect, both about two 5-piece being essential and SPC being essential. Everyone I know that runs with my healer always asks me to run stuff and tells me I'm one of the best (if not the best) healer they know. They wouldn't be saying that if my build was as far wrong as you say it is.

Well you run with newbees then. Thats okay, but SPC is BiS, no matter how "good" you are Good healers don't heal, they buff damage.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
    Options
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Is it heresy to run Valkyn Skoria on a healer? I mean, throwing shards and laying down blockades means it'll proc constantly.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
    Options