Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calling all healers, which Monster set will you be using after Summerset?

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know yet.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    As you guys know 2 handed staves will count as 2 set pieces, leaving healers to finally be able to use monster sets. So I want to get an idea of which sets you will use or think will be most popular with Summerset. Personally I think using a one piece that gives max magika and one that gives magika regen because I think the set effects are underwhelming, but I could be mistaken.

Ill play what my group needs to fight another group.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Only thing I might consider is chokethorn. The only place I would see myself using Trollking is something like vAS, where the room is so massive you can't be hugging every person. Otherwise we can heal everyone to max in a second or two, so increased health recovery won't do a ton.

Earthgore is fantastic at saving people in clutch situations and the added purge is too good to pass up.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mix of two
    I already use monster sets because I'm a weirdo and I'll continue to use them (troll king and chokethorn) after Summerset. I would get earthgore too but I've never done vet bloodroot forge
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re Shards/Orbs:
    • What did the cooldown settle at for using the synergy? Whatever it is, more than one group member should be able to grab Shards synergies.
    • Last I looked, Shards returned both magicka and stamina, while Orbs only returned one. Did that change?

Re proc sets:
    • Does anybody use SPC as a single-bar set? If so, how is uptime?

Only the luminous shards morph returns both resources, your highest at 3960 and the other at 1980. Not the end of the world and only really important to tanks, dps and other healers really only use there mains resource.

All morphs of orbs and shards share a 20 second cool down, just like all other synergys in the game but they are the only two that are tyed together.

Thanks.

I usually throw Shards every 10 seconds or less, ideally every 8 seconds. So I hope more than one player is picking them up.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    As long as the master staff doesnt get significatly nerfed, no monster set
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    For my Templar Healer, I think I'm feeling Bogdan the most for 'lil extra Magicka and the proc spam.
    Already use Earthgore with my Sorcheal but that toon is only for normal undaunted.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on April 16, 2018 12:46AM
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Sentinel
    If you have master resto, its still going to be great for the stam it gives, but if you dont sentinel will give back stam too, which could be useful, and it looks cool. If you're like me and dont wear costumes or outfits.

I also thought about bringing back a classic, engine guardian. Maybe get some betting going on again.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    none since for pve all monster sets are a complete joke.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to mix and match for different upfront resource benefits.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always used 2 pieces (chokethorn) just a different staff so i could proc Lich, switch back to worm.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    The one that fits the color scheme of character.
    My templar healer will use trollking
    my nb healer will use earthgore
    my sorc healer will use lord warden
    my warden healer... will not use chokethorn because it is green, not teal!
    really, i dunno what use on warden healer.

you could use 1 Iceheart 1 Zaan and get critical heals
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Master resto Frontbar
    vMA Backbar
    So no Monsterset for me i guess.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Zaan because I can out heal all dungeon content already, dps is what healers need to do.

Otherwise mix two pieces.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't think I'm gonna drop the Master Resto, still going to provide the best utility, unless stam characters become obsolete.

In that case, probably Valkyn Skoria.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Lord Warden or Thurvokun.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still Grothdarr, i'am PUG offensive healer. Or mix of two.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Earthgore remains BIS for a lot of stuff, PVP included.

In PvE is a massive single heal every 35 sec really useful??

I can tell you that it can be very useful in PvE. The proc conditions shouldn't be met more than once every 35 seconds in most content. In DLC dungeons it works out as once per trash pull and is a real safety net in many fights where certain bosses can produce large amounts of sustained damage to an entire group. For our no death runs at the moment our healer runs it with IA and SPC with staves of each to have both 5 pieces as needed.

I plan to run it on my healers for PvE and PvP.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two

I can tell you that it can be very useful in PvE. The proc conditions shouldn't be met more than once every 35 seconds in most content. In DLC dungeons it works out as once per trash pull and is a real safety net in many fights where certain bosses can produce large amounts of sustained damage to an entire group. For our no death runs at the moment our healer runs it with IA and SPC with staves of each to have both 5 pieces as needed.

Interesting, will consider earthgore as an option
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

IA is not really good for healers, much better to just use a lightning staff and blockade, infused with a shock enchant, pretty good concuss uptime, and provide off-balance, which your stam players will appreciate.

If you run with a magsorc, it's straight up wasted, because it doesn't stack with concussed.

That way you free up a set, and can use Jorvuld (or whatever strikes your fancy, Mending, Sanctuary, etc).

IA is only really useful on a very limited number of fights, like the storm atro in AA, since you can't concuss it.

If I were you I'd advise (and help) your healer to farm a new secondary set to pair with SPC.

As for PvP, Earthgore is only really BiS for ballgroups or zerg-surfing.

For small scale there are much better alternatives.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Lord Warden, since the healer stacks with DDs most times. Giving people extra resistances is quite good.
    Edited by Asardes on April 16, 2018 10:25AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Aisle9 wrote: »

IA is not really good for healers, much better to just use a lightning staff and blockade, infused with a shock enchant, pretty good concuss uptime, and provide off-balance, which your stam players will appreciate.

If you run with a magsorc, it's straight up wasted, because it doesn't stack with concussed.

That way you free up a set, and can use Jorvuld (or whatever strikes your fancy, Mending, Sanctuary, etc).

IA is only really useful on a very limited number of fights, like the storm atro in AA, since you can't concuss it.

If I were you I'd advise (and help) your healer to farm a new secondary set to pair with SPC.

Infused..you mean charged triat. O.o
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Love earthgore, it’s op.
    Pc na
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix of two
    For general PVE, probably 1 Molag Kena and 1 Domihaus. I use 1 Molag Kena with either 5 SPC+5 Infalliable Aether (with and without the Master resto) or 5 SPC+5 Mending for most PVE things (IA usually for dungeons and Mending for trials).
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    Tasear wrote: »
    Aisle9 wrote: »

Infused..you mean charged triat. O.o

Infused is more dps with around the same chance for procing concussion from the enchant.

40% chance every 2 seconds vs 84% every 4 seconds.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Maybe slimeclaw. Im solo most of the time
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Earth gore its just plain fun. Love the animation.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn
    As you guys know 2 handed staves will count as 2 set pieces, leaving healers to finally be able to use monster sets.

I am confused by this statement. I've skinned every dungeon including scalecaller on my healer using chokethorn, 5 piece twilight, and the rest julianos.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two
    As you guys know 2 handed staves will count as 2 set pieces, leaving healers to finally be able to use monster sets.

I am confused by this statement. I've skinned every dungeon including scalecaller on my healer using chokethorn, 5 piece twilight, and the rest julianos.

Well you can do thek almost naked if you want with just a resto staff, but the most efficient way to do them is with 2 5 piece sets SPC is a must other is optional and a single monster helm or a Master/Malestrom Resto
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn

Well you can do thek almost naked if you want with just a resto staff, but the most efficient way to do them is with 2 5 piece sets SPC is a must other is optional and a single monster helm or a Master/Malestrom Resto

That's simply incorrect, both about two 5-piece being essential and SPC being essential. Everyone I know that runs with my healer always asks me to run stuff and tells me I'm one of the best (if not the best) healer they know. They wouldn't be saying that if my build was as far wrong as you say it is.