The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Soul shriven motif is being devalued error in notes

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Soul-Shriven Motif listed as a reward for reaching Level 40 was an error, and will not be one of the rewards you obtain through the Level Up Advisor. Instead, the correct reward is the Prisoner's Rags. Apologies for the confusion! We'll make sure this is noted properly when the Live patch notes are published.

It was an error, it wont be given out
Edited by Aliyavana on January 10, 2018 8:43PM
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    "Level 40: 6,000 gold, The Soul Shriven motif, and an Outfit Token" this greatly devalues the soul shriven motif for crafters who invested time in completing cadwells silver. If this is the route you will take them replace the cadwell silver reward with the unobtainable work cult motif. It's a win for the free handout at level 40 and it's a win for crafters who invested time in cadwells gold

Exactly what i thought, I think this is a poor decision tbh
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, Worm Cult would be nice.
    Do we obtain the rewards even we already reach the cap or do we have to create an alt?
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad future crafters won't have to suffer through the cadwell nonsense. Good for them.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    I'm glad future crafters won't have to suffer through the cadwell nonsense. Good for them.

Yes but what of the crafters that invested time into a crafter reward? And now it's being handed out like a participation trophy. Work cult would be a nice incentive
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might care if it were a decent style. But it's not. Soul Shriven is ugly as ***.
    Even the weapon novelty wore off quickly.
    signing off
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do we get this even if we haven't completed silver and are way past lvl 40?

it does makes sense though I mean with 1 Tam. the silver/gold became somewhat obsolete other then the stuff you get. I mean the whole point of it was doing the other factions quests since they were locked to you prior to 1 Tam.
    Edited by rynth on January 8, 2018 7:31PM
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »

No, rewards are not retroactive. I'd have to start a new character
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about that stuff give us cp along with exp on our alts so we can get Cyrodiil ready while doing something fun and meaningfulish instead of standing around in Cyrodiil in the tankiest heavy armor spamming mutagen and dodge rolling every once in a while to make it look like we're doing something. And the non-cp campaign is a pretense one side has emperor and all the scrolls. CP scrolls or potions as well.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

okay that does suck, guess I'll just have to save lvling up alt. to 40 until after update.......or just complete the silver
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes but what of the crafters that invested time into a crafter reward? And now it's being handed out like a participation trophy. Work cult would be a nice incentive

Silver isn't really a crafting reward that crafters worked for. Everyone who finished Silver got it. If you were a crafter, you could use the motif. But if you weren't, you still got it.

Or are you going to make the argument that the primary reason that crafters played the Silver content was the motif? If so, I'm not sure I agree.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know this?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who cares. It’s an ugly style
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

How do you know this?

Confirmed, to lazy to dig it out
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver isn't really a crafting reward that crafters worked for. Everyone who finished Silver got it. If you were a crafter, you could use the motif. But if you weren't, you still got it. If you are a crafter or not you need the motif to style it as an outfit

Or are you going to make the argument that the primary reason that crafters played the Silver content was the motif? If so, I'm not sure I agree.

I'm making the arguement that it's a reward that anyone got who worked for it... there's nothing wrong with working towards it.
    Who cares. It’s an ugly style

Agreed, only the swords I care about but still it's a reward
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 8, 2018 8:04PM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us worm cult @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Agree, Worm Cult would be nice.
    And for the gods sake do not make this motif only obtainable in the forthcoming dungeons.

EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Welpp that sucks, was grinding Cadwell's so I could have a Nodachi greatsword to match my Akaviri. But oh well, playing DC's zones were still fun.
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • ForgeMother
    ForgeMother
    ✭✭
    Soul shriven does make sense for a second motif to be given out to everyone - but yeah I'm a little bummed that it isn't apparently being replaced with anything for silver. Silver and Gold is a significantly long quest line. There should be a reward for completing it. Even if it's not another motif I hope they replace it with something.
    Caaly - CP373 - Orc - Sorcerer - Tank
    Nikkithea - CP373 - Argonian - Dragonknight - Tank
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know every singe motif except half of Dreadhorn and Bloodroot and l think this is a great incentive to get low levels to start early on crafting as far as styles go. I finished all 9 traits before those scrolls came out that helped decrease research time and whatever. It sucked for me so I am glad they are making it easier but now I am going through the same process with my boyfriend and it's still VERY time consuming to do all this. One free motif? Not worth crying over in a thread.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I know every singe motif except half of Dreadhorn and Bloodroot and l think this is a great incentive to get low levels to start early on crafting as far as styles go. I finished all 9 traits before those scrolls came out that helped decrease research time and whatever. It sucked for me so I am glad they are making it easier but now I am going through the same process with my boyfriend and it's still VERY time consuming to do all this. One free motif? Not worth crying over in a thread.

Why should a motif that you feel Is too time consuming make low level crafters entitled to having it? It's no where near the grind of arminger or ancient orc and it encourages crafters to get skill points needed to craft through questing and seeing the story zos created. It's crafting, it's time consuming and expensive... better to experience it now then to be discover it later
      Edited by Aliyavana on January 8, 2018 8:26PM
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Updated image
    • Amadis001
      Amadis001
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don’t mind giving Soul Shriven to noobs. But I really don’t like not having an interesting reward for Cadwell’s Silver. If there is nothing for that now, it’s a real bummer.
      // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
    • Smmokkee
      Smmokkee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dumb change. Leave the motif tied to silver and give them the Daedric motif. Everytime I craft for a noob I swear they want Daedric.
    • elantaura
      elantaura
      ✭✭✭✭
      It does not matter if it's ugly or not it is the only motif that is a reward for questing.
      For PVP you have akaviri, militant ordinator for AP as well as lootBle stuff in zones ;alliance types,xyivkin
      For boss monsters you have malacath, assassins,
      For daily s you have Morang Tong, trimamac, ebonshadow,draugar
      For crafters there is glass, ebony
      For looting there's boyant Arminger, ra garda (as well as the pvp lootable ones)
      For stealing there's hialu, telvani, Redon
      For dungeons there are motifs (and helmets and mercenary for undaunted)

There is only one motif that is rewarded for questing. And it takes a fair bit of questing to get. Multiples of others yet they give away the only one that encourages playing the quest content.
      Give them daedric heck give them all four of those books, but leave the only questing motif as is - besides it make more sense as to what a soul shriven is if you play the quest.
      PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Shawn_PT
      Shawn_PT
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So. If I have no character slots available, all are lvl50+, but I have never completed Silver on any of them..... does that mean I'll have to delete one of my fully geared/leveled characters to make a new one to get the motif now? That's a poor decision. Just leave the motif there and award it either when one completes Silver OR gets to the level gate. If the book gets unbound then I guess players grinding disposable characters to 40 to get it would be the only way someone in my position would be able to buy it from someone else.

Even then. If any of our characters are already above lvl 40 they'll never be able to learn the style unless using the disposable alt method. Since there is an achievement tied to reading the book I wouldn't want to get a proper character to earn the book yet never get the achievement because I had fed the book to my crafter.
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Shawn_PT wrote: »
      So. If I have no character slots available, all are lvl50+, but I have never completed Silver on any of them..... does that mean I'll have to delete one of my fully geared/leveled characters to make a new one to get the motif now? That's a poor decision. Just leave the motif there and award it either when one completes Silver OR gets to the level gate. If the book gets unbound then I guess players grinding disposable characters to 40 to get it would be the only way someone in my position would be able to buy it from someone else.

Even then. If any of our characters are already above lvl 40 they'll never be able to learn the style unless using the disposable alt method. Since there is an achievement tied to reading the book I wouldn't want to get a proper character to earn the book yet never get the achievement because I had fed the book to my crafter.

I don't know
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well? Soul Shriven isnt even that important. You get it free by just questing, and its butt ugly anyway. Only reason i craft it at all is due to the staves looking like walking sticks. Im sure others like the katana swords but thats it.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ArchMikem wrote: »

Oh well? Soul Shriven isnt even that important. You get it free by just questing, and its butt ugly anyway. Only reason i craft it at all is due to the staves looking like walking sticks. Im sure others like the katana swords but thats it.

So because it's ugly and this is the only motif that requires a quest investment lowbiesbare entitled to recieve it?

They are better off with a choice between
      Ancient Elf, Primal, Barbarian and Daedric
    • jlboozer
      jlboozer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It is dissapointing, Soul Shriven motif is literally the only reason that I did silver. Those axes are awesome, it really devalued the time I spent doing it.
    • Chilly-McFreeze
      Chilly-McFreeze
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Shawn_PT wrote: »

Don't we get an additional character Slot next Update ? I'll read the notes again to confirm
    • Runschei
      Runschei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Worm cult or hircine. Yes please