The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.2

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What date is this DLC actually going live? I've been looking through threads and cant find a release date in August
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    What date is this DLC actually going live? I've been looking through threads and cant find a release date in August

Normally it's 4 Pts weeks and then it is published on live. So it will be going live on August 8th or maybe 15th if they decide to have another pts incremental patch
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought around 11th August...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I thought around 11th August...

Normally DLC's are published on Tuesdays sometimes on Monday but i can't recap a situation where it was published on Friday or Thursday
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    is the PTS still down?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, PTS still down...

@ZOS_GinaBruno When the PTS will be available ? Is EU character available ?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in literally the very first sentence, balance changes will be coming in the next PTS patch.

Lolol
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Witches festival will be active again, does it mean that all past festivals will be active or repeated every year?
    Because I thought festivals were one-time offer?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are people surprised the patch is small?

It is always this way.. The vast majority of the changes are in the first patch. Patches 2 and 3 generally include some small extra changes which weren't ready in time for the first patch and a few last minute fixes (probably mostly from issues found in internal testing). I mean think about it.. They've had months to build/test the changes in the first patch. Can you really expect that much to be done again in the week before patch 2?

Would you guys be happier if they split the first into 3 equal sized chunks to spread over the three patches evenly? Either way its the same amount of changes overall that will ultimately make the live patch.
    Edited by Biro123 on July 25, 2017 12:07PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Aaand another week without a fix to Severus Tappo's journal page to start "The List" quest. Did this guy write his journals in some unreadable Akaviri cypher that we can't read or something?
    I vaguely remember doing that quest, but I can't remember how you start it. It definitely worked in 2015 though. Do you have to talk to the guy to get the journal page?

Sort of. You talk to him, he threatens to kill you, you kill him, and take the journal page from his corpse. Then you're supposed to be able to read the journal page to start the quest to return his souvenirs to family members of his victims in the Cyrodiil towns, but you can't actually interact with the page at all once it's in your inventory.

This has been a problem since at least June 3, apparently (I posted in bug reports on June 10), and likely longer than that.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes. Leave all the combat changes for what will be most likely the final patch so you can get feedback you don't have enough time to implement. Typical.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Since Witches festival will be active again, does it mean that all past festivals will be active or repeated every year?

No they are seasonal to fill in the gaps between major version changes.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Why are people surprised the patch is small?
    They're not. They're surprised it's so big.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the festivals are going to take place once more, is there a possibility you could allow obtaining missed achievements from previous iterations to be doable in that grace period? I'm specifically asking for the New Life Achievement where you had to drink Twice-Spiked Ale. Missed out on that one by accident and it wasn't repeatable. :/
    @Feanor I would imagine everything from last year's events will come back, and there will be extras on top of that. The fact that there are achievements for it at all suggests to me that they will be completable again, otherwise there would be achievements that you could never get.

@maboleth Yep. As was made clear with the recurrence of the Anniversary Event this year, all events are annual occurrences.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was stated last year when it came out that it would be repeated yearly.

We have one per season: Fall/Witches, Winter/New Life, Spring/Jesters, Summer/Mayhem
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    We have one per season: Fall/Witches, Winter/New Life, Spring/Jesters, Summer/Mayhem
    And the Anniversary/Cake event! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, Sixth House robe's hood should hide accessories? Since only facial hair was fixed.
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Llogwey wrote: »
    Any chance we may at last have the redoran, hlaalu and telvanni motifs in the unlimited motif book in the PTS template so we can test all item pieces?

also about furniture preview does it work ONLY on guild store or does it allow to preview a furniture behind a recipe you drop or you have linked in chat ?

they didn't, man. Third week already... I guess I gotta give them praise though... No company can disappoint me as much as they do :smiley:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the festivals are going to take place once more, is there a possibility you could allow obtaining missed achievements from previous iterations to be doable in that grace period? I'm specifically asking for the New Life Achievement where you had to drink Twice-Spiked Ale. Missed out on that one by accident and it wasn't repeatable. :/
    @Feanor I would imagine everything from last year's events will come back, and there will be extras on top of that. The fact that there are achievements for it at all suggests to me that they will be completable again, otherwise there would be achievements that you could never get.

@maboleth Yep. As was made clear with the recurrence of the Anniversary Event this year, all events are annual occurrences.

@Enodoc

It would be awesome if it were that way. Somehow I'm still doubtful. Maybe the PTS will tell.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As mentioned in literally the very first sentence, balance changes will be coming in the next PTS patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

PTS test cycles typically last 4 weeks. Next week will be the 4th week and is therefore likely to be the final week. Having important things like combat changes drop in the final week means that we don't have much time to give feedback, and even if we do provide feedback, you folks don't have much time to evaluate and react to them.

In light of that, could you please ask the combat team if they'd give us a preview/overview/outline of what changes they plan to make next week, so that we are not faced with yet another PTS cycle crammed with last-minute changes?

Sure, we'll see what we can do. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

PTS test cycles typically last 4 weeks. Next week will be the 4th week and is therefore likely to be the final week. Having important things like combat changes drop in the final week means that we don't have much time to give feedback, and even if we do provide feedback, you folks don't have much time to evaluate and react to them.

In light of that, could you please ask the combat team if they'd give us a preview/overview/outline of what changes they plan to make next week, so that we are not faced with yet another PTS cycle crammed with last-minute changes?

Sure, we'll see what we can do. :)

You da bes Gina. Please ask them to include juicy dev comments too.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in literally the very first sentence, sorc nerfs will be coming in the next PTS patch.

• Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Still no option to queue for specific bg mode? Dissapointing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Lazy development maybe? I've never played a game that didn't allow you to pick the mode you wanna play. If they did that to make sure there's always enough people to make 3 full teams well then they should just give BGs to everyone even if they don't own Morrowind and add the option to pick the mode we wanna play. My favorite out of the 3 is team deathmatch and I almost never get to play that one.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    As mentioned in literally the very first sentence, sorc nerfs will be coming in the next PTS patch.

You are spreading wrong information by quoting GinaBruna name,

I believe you deserve a few days ban on forum!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

You are spreading wrong information by quoting GinaBruna name,

I believe you deserve an awesome on forum!

Fixed
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Enodoc
    Oh... I thoroughly and immensely enjoyed New Life festival. Such a great time, I couldn't stop goofing around. :D But somehow I have hoped that these events were changed every year, with new content. Can't wait to see Breda again though!
    I also missed the Jester event, so there will be a nice opportunity to collect all rewards and achievements next year.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is one of times where the literal overuse of the word 'literally' is, indeed, quite literal :)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to those combat changes notes next week :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »
    Still no option to queue for specific bg mode? Dissapointing.
    Lazy development maybe? I've never played a game that didn't allow you to pick the mode you wanna play. If they did that to make sure there's always enough people to make 3 full teams well then they should just give BGs to everyone even if they don't own Morrowind and add the option to pick the mode we wanna play. My favorite out of the 3 is team deathmatch and I almost never get to play that one.
    @Leogon @Gravord They explained this back when BGs were first announced. They don't want to split the BG queue six ways while there is only one game available per mode, as it will spread the queues too thin. Once they add more games per category, they said they would re-evaluate the queue types.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Potion reduction enchantments now correctly reduce the cooldown of potions. For real this time."

Can I get my three kutas back that I used last year? Never got an answer from anyone about that, since I put in a ticket and posted about it last year. Still super salty. I will also accept gold. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by br0steen on July 26, 2017 1:46PM