The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ideas for ESO Plus

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been subbed to this game since May 2014 continuously (not counting the free month you gave us) and IMHO, whatever you do DO NOT ADD Pay to Win options as ESO+ perks, please!

P2W features in games is a HUGE deal for many people and would make even more people hate the game, when what you need to do is dispel past wrongness so people that hated the game before can appreciate that it has became much more than it was.

IMO (and I also said this same thing about the Crafting Bag before it was introduced) a Furniture Bag and/or Gear Bag would be inappropriate too, as I see it as something that should be in the base game for everyone.

RANT ahead, sorry... I've put it in spoilers, because is mildly off topic, but related.
    The inventory inconvenience is one of the most hated features of the game and that part hasn't changed (Crafting Bag ameliorates the problem for subbers,) but new starting players receive the full penalty of an excessively small inventory space and over abundance of trash drops that a new player has no way to gauge usefulness of, nor any ways to use sometimes (think of tempers/runes for a non-crafting player.)

As someone that likes to watch ESO streams of starting players (those that put "first time" or "BLIND",) I know that inventory is one of the number 1 complaints for early players, which gets repeated and amplified by the number of followers that streamer has.

IMO, starting inventory should be increased to a base of 100, bank inventory also increased to a base of 100 too and the upgrade cost curve should be adapted to me more lenient to earlier upgrades, and that should be done retroactively for all characters that hasn't upgraded inv. past 100, at least.

END RANT :)

EDIT: rephrasing
    Edited by leeux on February 3, 2017 11:37PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in other threads and as others have also mentioned, allowing subscribers to utilize Weapon Dyeing would be a HUGE thing, just like allowing Subs to dye costumes without dye packs.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A class change token would be nice (I know its not the most popular idea, but I'll be explaining the whole idea in a complex post soon, don't think I have not seen the other posts about it, because I read through a lot of them & thought about it carefully.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate that you noticed that this had an impact on subs and are looking for corrective courses . That is important . I will brainstorm and provide suggestions in a later post .
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some great ideas in here! And thank you, Devs, for listening to us! It really means a lot that you've created this thread!

So far, these are the ideas I've seen and liked:

1) Subscriber rewards - unique mounts, costumes, dyes, pets, etc.

2) More Storage – bank or bag space

3) Free travel - being able to port to wayshrines from anywhere without any fees.

4) Merchant Repairs - allowing the Merchant assistant to repair

5) Banker Guild store access - allowing the Banker assistant to access guild stores

Any of these would make any subscriber happy, I think. As for #4 and #5, I don't know if there is some unknown reason why the Crown store merchant cannot repair and why the Crown store banker cannot access guild stores. But I would think that you'd actually have new people subscribe just for that functionality.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One that I would like to see is more guild slots.
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    Hide UI button for screenshots. ;D

Hi Paha,

Actually you can already do this! Just go into your controls and bind a key to hide UI. I have mine bound to F12.

Edited by oshaugm on February 4, 2017 12:17AM
  • Hagrett
    Hagrett
    ✭✭✭
    Some form of appearance restyle system. Something! Please! Cosmetic tabs or w/e but please just let us choose how our characters look! Preset costumes released slowly over a long period of time (months of slight variations,) that are usually more like town clothes, just don't cut it.

This is something that maybe should be game-wide - but on the other hand it may attract people too. I dunno, I just want some freedom in how my characters look.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me a bag to hold bound item set pieces.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Crown crates is a nice idea as a little 'thank you'.
    - WEAPON DYEING OMG
    - Discount on crown store items.
    - Refer a friend scheme.
    - Additional character slots.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    I have been subbed since day 1 and have never missed a payment. Already pre-ordered Morrowind, too. :smiley: I plan to continue for the foreseeable future. I am THRILLED that this thread exists, so thank you for creating it!

What I would like to see are the following:
    1. Account-wide furniture storage bag similar to the current crafting bag. This is my #1 WISH!
    2. Discount to Chapter purchase, thusly: Since the release of the PREVIOUS Chapter, if you have subbed long enough that your subscription payments are equal to or exceed the purchase price (or some multiplier of the purchase price, like 1.3 or 1.5) of the basic digital edition of the Chapter, then you get free access to the new Chapter...so long as you are still subscribed, just the same way as DLC access for subscribers works now. If you want to upgrade to the digital Collectors edition, you pay the difference between the base price and the Collector's price. (I guess this would not work for the physical Collector's edition due to possible abuse of the system.)
    3. Extra character slots and/or tokens for modifying existing characters, including changing class and alliance.
    4. More personal bank/backpack storage. Any little bit would help. 10 slots?
    5. Quarterly subscriber rewards would be fun. Maybe theme the reward based on the DLC or chapter for that quarter?

I don't believe any of the above are P2W. I think lots of the ideas already presented here are fantastic, but some are sort of niche-type requests. For example:
    • I really don't care about speed ups to riding lessons because mine are all done, and I would feel a bit robbed if that were the fantastic new feature that was added. (To those who are feeding your mounts doing riding lessons, I do feel your pain, though.) If I make a new toon, I'll just deal with it.
    • I don't need free wayshrine usage because I just use the jump to player function, which instantly puts you at a wayshrine for free. Also, once housing comes out I'll also be able to jump to any of my houses for free. All of the inn-based (free) housing is very close to wayshrines, so that's all I need for that (and that opportunity will be open to ALL players, too, which is a fantastic little side-benefit to Homestead!)
    • The ideas about costumes/appearance are really interesting, but the thing is, not everyone is into that. If you need to swap gear, addons like Dressing Room are great, and for custom made gear you could always hire *cough* *cough* someone to craft for you if you can't yet do that for yourself.

Just my $0.02, thank you and please be gentle!
    Edited by oshaugm on February 4, 2017 3:36AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oshaugm wrote: »
    [*] I don't need free wayshrine usage because I just use the jump to player function, which instantly puts you at a wayshrine for free.

Thank you for your input, Oshaugm. Just a comment on the Wayshrine thing. I know that we can use the "jump to player" function for free, and from that wayshrine, we can then port to any other wayshrine. So of course, just being able to port to any wayshrine from anywhere isn't necessary. But it does save time. So in a sense, it's a perk. It doesn't take away from non-subscribers. But it does give a bonus to subscribers.
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    A lot of these responses are not fitting true benefits of what ESO+ is supposed to stand for. Whatever is introduced needs to not be pay to win and save the player "time" with whatever functionality possible. If that does mean traveling to any wayshrine at base cost only without any increase, faster mount leveling from 24 hours to maybe 12 or even 6.

Crown Crates are probably the worst suggestion I have seen so far from players. As developers you guys need things to keep us in game more but make our daily grind better without being pay to win.

I like the idea of a tiered ESO+ subscription. I for one know they work rather well as long as there aren't a ton of different tiers. 10, 15, 20 seems very reasonable with one big unlock at each tier. Keeping the crafting bag at 15$ per month sounds like the smart move also.

I would like to add that loyalty rewards for 3, 6, 9, 12 months should be implemented also. Things like a free race change every 6 months would be pretty nice for 1 char also.
    Edited by ericprydz82ub17_ESO on February 4, 2017 1:52AM
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far, everyone! We've been reading and there are some great ideas here.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Graywolfe
    I would also like to see an increase in bank and bag space.

A free rename/ appearance change token.

How about a 1 year subscription option.

special mounts and or costumes

Weapon dyes

While we are at it how about a way to change appearance/ color of our mounts.
  • AgriyaTheGrey
    AgriyaTheGrey
    ✭✭✭
    Make the increased rate of experience gain for subscribers toggle-able so those of us that want to take their time can switch it off. The experience-gain-rate increase is the one single thing that's stopped me from re-subbing after coming back after figuring out what went wrong with my launcher back in mid-2014. I'm not interested in reaching end-content ASAP and even the normal 'vanilla' level of experience gain is sometimes -but not often- slightly too fast for my taste. I'm here to play, not to race.
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
    -Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader CBE DSO DFC FRAeS DL
    If a man is correct in his own person, then there will be obedience without orders being given; but if he is not correct in his own person, there will not be obedience even though orders are given.
    -The Lun Yu
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Increased inventory/bank space would be a great perk.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • lehran
    lehran
    ✭✭✭
    Posted these on another thread, but reposting here for posterity.

- Increase the crown stipend to 1800 crowns per month. With crown store prices inflating this much, 1500 doesn't stretch anywhere near as far as it used to. Pricing-wise, 1800 per month would be the equivalent crown-per-dollar price as the 3000 crown pack scaled down to $15 (in other words, $15 for 1800 is a per-crown equivalent price to $25 for 3000).
    - 4 free crown crates per month for the current season (at time of subscription renewal, for those that pay for multiple months in advance). Assuming a monthly sub, this would equate to 12 crates per season, or roughly a 35% chance to get at least one Apex-tier reward.
    - A DLC guest pass for every 3 continuous months one remains subscribed, which can be used to give a friend temporary access to one DLC for 72 hours.
    - Entry into a monthly sweepstakes to win a free upgrade to the next Chapter. Maybe have something like 10-20 winners each month.

Outside of the stipend increase, the underlying goal of these is to provide a sort-of "win-win" for both the player as well as ZoS (win for the player in that it increases the sub value, win for ZoS in that it could not only increase number of subs, but could also subsequently encourage those subs to purchase additional crowns).
  • Encanis
    Encanis
    I think this is a great idea to ask the community! Here are a few things I'd like to see implemented for ESO+ members

Free Skill respecs for subscribers. A few other MMO's have this, and for alot of people it would be a huge reason to sub just for that alone.

Monthly rewards, maybe a free crate each month, or a pet. Doesn't have to be huge reward, but just a little something to help people that don't like the RNG aspects of crown crates. I personally don't mind them at all

I personally don't like the F2P non-subscription model. I believe this game should be subscription based just like FFXIV, especially with the content that is coming out consistently. You could implement a Transmorg system for ESO+ members as well. Ability to change their weapons and armor into different appearances. Would be very simple with the costume system you have in play. But just allow US to choose the costume based off of what motifs we have unlocked, as well as transmorg for weapons. Still would take the correct motif crafting requirements, and of course ZOS could still provide great costumes in the store for us to purchase. Sort of like how the Dye system is for ESO+ members only. Not only would this provide incentive to sub, but also remain it only cosmetic and no pay to win aspects.

I like the idea also of special titles and rewards for Subs. Only cosmetic again.

The biggest thing would also be ACCOUNT WIDE inventory/riding skills for ESO+ members. Instead of purchasing bag space per character, an ESO+ member could unlock the bag space for all his/her characters. This of course still allows ESO+ members to pay money in the crown store for initial increases but it adds some major benefit of subscription. I personally think this factor alone would bring in many more ESO+ members. We have to carry 4-5 sets of gear for different aspects and not all of us have the cash/gold to spend on each one of our characters. Again, this keeps it as a non pay to win element. The people who choose not to pay then have to deal with the troubles of inventory. Almost every MMO has this aspect already. Its not pay to win. There needs to be some major benefits for ESO+. I feel like the gap between f2p and ESO+ is small, the crafting bag is the only benefit. The small amount of crowns doesn't really add up to much in the end.

I'd also like to see skins available that only ESO+ members could get. How that would work, I don't know. Maybe if you are subscribed for a certain period of time, and completed a special event you could earn it. Just a random example, Month of June players that are subscribed complete 150 dolmens and unlock a title or a skin.

• HoundofTara
    HoundofTara
    ✭✭✭
    Exclusive mounts, pets, and costumes. Aka Loyalty items.

5 crown crates each month.

The abillity to change any crafted items style if you know the style.
    Veteran Rank 16 Argonian Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact.
    Xbox One/PC
  • HoundofTara
    HoundofTara
    ✭✭✭
    UNLINMITED CHAR SLOTS
    Xbox One/PC
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allow plus members to change the style of any armor or weapon!
  • HoundofTara
    HoundofTara
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon Dyes
    Xbox One/PC
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    • Transmog/Wardrobe/Glamour
    • Gear loadouts, even one for PvP and PvE would be great
    • Subscriber Veteran Rewards (Pets, mounts, etc... for being subbed for a period of time).
    • Free Crown Crate once a month (or twice)
    • Log-in Incentives? Maybe not for just ESO+, but some monthlies to work towards.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many have said a motif converter would be a big boost towards ESO+ without locking performance behind a pay wall.

Currently there are options made and being made to convert items to Imperial or Morag Tong styles.

ESO+ should allow players to convert any bound item to any style they have learned. This conversion would require a style converter material available both through the crown store as well as 1-5 being awarded each month to the ESO+ subscriber.

This would push players to invest more time into gathering motifs, as well as purchasing motifs with crowns and motif converter materials.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer access to all content as subscriber but if that's out then maybe one or more of these .

A return of loyalty rewards to subscribers 6 month and one year . Free personalities , Exclusive Mount .

Maybe allow subscribers to feed horses twice a day .

Transmog appearance option .

Keep the current benefits of XP gain , crafting bags , costume dying and increased gold loot .

Priority Que placement for Dungeon Finder and Cyrodiil .

Just continue to make good content and let's put the past behind Us and move forward .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on February 4, 2017 3:01AM
  • SlaaneshiHorror
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Bring back subscriber rewards. Reward people for subscribing to ESO, being loyal to the game, the company and give them rewards - unique mounts, costumes, dyes, pets, etc. Simple as that.

Quarter 1 - pet
    Quarter 2 - dye + costume
    Quarter 3 - personality
    Quarter 4 - yearly mount reward
    Later, rinse, repeat for a new year.

That's it. Do that, and people will flip out and be happy. You did it before, and people paid money to get extra ESO Plus time JUST FOR THAT TIGER. It works. We know it works. You know it works. Let's make it happen.

I'd actually really enjoy this, with an added idea to it. Either an exclusive reward created for quarterly items, or the option to pick a previous crown store item within a certain price bracket. I know there are a lot of mounts and outfits, etc., that people would love to see make a return. And this would both give players incentive to purchase ESO+ because of the chance to get that coveted item they missed a chance at.
  • SlaaneshiHorror
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Bring back subscriber rewards. Reward people for subscribing to ESO, being loyal to the game, the company and give them rewards - unique mounts, costumes, dyes, pets, etc. Simple as that.

Quarter 1 - pet
    Quarter 2 - dye + costume
    Quarter 3 - personality
    Quarter 4 - yearly mount reward
    Later, rinse, repeat for a new year.

That's it. Do that, and people will flip out and be happy. You did it before, and people paid money to get extra ESO Plus time JUST FOR THAT TIGER. It works. We know it works. You know it works. Let's make it happen.

I'd actually really enjoy this, with an added idea to it. Either an exclusive reward created for quarterly items, or the option to pick a previous crown store item within a certain price bracket for each given reward tier. I know there are a lot of mounts and outfits, etc., that people would love to see make a return. And this would both give players incentive to purchase ESO+ because of the chance to get that coveted item they missed a chance at.

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double golden vendor items for pvp
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Kozmec
    Kozmec
    Soul Shriven
    To start, thank you for acknowledging this and opening discussion with the community.

Now on to the good stuff...

A webstore discount while subscribed (20% seems to be a fairly good point for this). Should be for all webstore purchases (this would basically be crowns and chapters). 20% is low enough that subscribing for a single month for the discount would require purchasing $75+ from the store to give an actual discount, while providing solid value to people that are subbed all the time and still buy others things (plus would offset some of the downside of the new model while not giving "1 and done" subscribers a discount on chapters)

Additional storage... Like a "crafting" bag, that holds items a players characters have crafted. Pretty sure all the new furniture is going to cause inventory management to get worse in the near term. Might be time to bump the totals for bank and guildbank space across the board in game as well.

Adjustment to the crowns you receive, increasing for the amount of time you sub. Could even be lowered at 1 month to 1k or so to offset those same "1 and done" subs, as it stands now buying the lowest crown amount is pointless since you can sub for a month, get the same crowns for the same price and the other bonus'. Scale based on number of months subbed (1k/1m, 1.5k per month (kpm)/3m, 2kpm/6m, 3kpm/1y - or - 1.5kpm/1m, 2kpm/3m, 2,5kpm/6, 3kpm/1y)

Loyalty rewards at 3m, 6m, 9m, 1y. Should scale over these terms, then stay at the top tier beyond 1y. Rewards continue every 3m. Name/Race changes, assistants, crate only rewards (not crates, never crates), etc.