The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Low population bonus bug in Trueflame

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Maybe they are the same invivible players that are zerging and lagging the server. You know there is no point thinking rationally if you start the witch hunt. Blaming other players for the bugs/ glitches they have no say is the most irrational thing ever in my experience.

Are you actually asserting no player in the history of this game has figured out a bug or glitch and exploited it? :lol:

Just today video evidence of an exploit was posted. A few months ago a massive cheat program was exposed that was being used by countless players.

I'm not saying low pop bonus is being exploited. I'm saying it's possible if history is the best evidence of potential abuses of game mechanics. And this is all the more reason to demand the devs at least answer us on what is going on right now.

Yea good point. But in these cses people showed videos of ulti hacking and some stupid stuff that got them banned. There is not even hard evidence that AD doesn´t deserve the pop bonus but all we have is a couple of random screenshots that even ZENI hasn´t bothered to comment. For me that isn´t enough to consider this as an exploit or some other crap we read here. Maybe in the end of the month AD has won the campaign by sheer dominance or lost it but it is hardly thanks to some random bonus.

I will defer to more scrutinizing eyes. If Saramis is watching closely and saying AD is somehow getting low pop and definitely do not have low pop-I trust his judgment implicitly. And I have shown where DC was accused, by at least one AD player, of knowing how to manipulate the bonus. So I guess we all have to sit and wonder unless the devs clear it up.
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are the same invivible players that are zerging and lagging the server. You know there is no point thinking rationally if you start the witch hunt. Blaming other players for the bugs/ glitches they have no say is the most irrational thing ever in my experience.

Are you actually asserting no player in the history of this game has figured out a bug or glitch and exploited it? :lol:

Just today video evidence of an exploit was posted. A few months ago a massive cheat program was exposed that was being used by countless players.

I'm not saying low pop bonus is being exploited. I'm saying it's possible if history is the best evidence of potential abuses of game mechanics. And this is all the more reason to demand the devs at least answer us on what is going on right now.

Yea good point. But in these cses people showed videos of ulti hacking and some stupid stuff that got them banned. There is not even hard evidence that AD doesn´t deserve the pop bonus but all we have is a couple of random screenshots that even ZENI hasn´t bothered to comment. For me that isn´t enough to consider this as an exploit or some other crap we read here. Maybe in the end of the month AD has won the campaign by sheer dominance or lost it but it is hardly thanks to some random bonus.

I will defer to more scrutinizing eyes. If Saramis is watching closely and saying AD is somehow getting low pop and definitely do not have low pop-I trust his judgment implicitly. And I have shown where DC was accused, by at least one AD player, of knowing how to manipulate the bonus. So I guess we all have to sit and wonder unless the devs clear it up.

Don't defer to his judgement. He also accused me of CE because I dropped a meteor on someone in his group. The meteor and the dot showed on the death recap so I must have been cheating.
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont recall accusing you of cheating i actually asked you if you did something different to give death recap of 5 meteors, we all know how it s displayed 1 is dot 1 is initial damage blah blah blah, underpop isnt some phantom bug only a few people see. Its still kicking in, the points have been screenshotted as adding so its not a display bug, aaaaand its ruined this campaign so im hoping for a dev response or atleast a we are aware and looking into it so make it actually look like they work for a living and not just hide in a corner afraid to do anything when it comes to cyro
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well 5 meteors from one person would be wrong and I hope it was was reported with a screenshot
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this one's name keeps getting mention they shall say more words.

To clarify the DC on haderus (and once on Azura's back when it was the campaign of campaigns) have often managed to to get that low pop bonuse and reap huge benefits not out of any planning on their part.

Rather it was khajiit's observation there just weren't any DC On during most of the day and so the dumbmion and griffs would just fight each other. This left any DC gains relatively untouched except by the lowest of the low thus letting them rack up points without even needing to be logged in.

Then the night elves would show up, roll a few keeps, and then leave thus giving them a slight boost in points while still retaining a consistently low population.

Basically it was just due to everyone having better things to do than take empty keeps, and the bloopers inability to have consistent numbers outside of one campaign.

But apparently some elves want to twist a poor innocent khajiit's words into some nefaruious accusation about secreative cabals of point fixing elf faced not guds. So...don't do that again.

And maybe tell team purple to take a day off while you're at it. It's getting annoying. o:)
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD has free points. They doesn't need bonus to get more points.
    That's great.

Congrats ZOS. You can ignore this forever.

Edited by EIGHTS on October 5, 2016 3:12AM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who wants to bet that if I swear, a dev will finally show up but still not comment on the problem noted in this thread?
    Edited by Astanphaeus on October 5, 2016 4:24AM
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don´t know who he is but he hasn´t given any other evidence than his word. I don´t want to make this another Haderus thread where you based your opinion on DC players. The truth was was quite different in the end. I wait for ZOS to react if they come out with an answer. Meanwhile, I just play the game. Have fun.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Manoekin The link you posted ruins it for conspiracy theorists.
    Thank you for staying patient, all. We have looked into the population bonus and everything seems to be working as designed. To give you a bit more insight into the mechanic, the population bonus is applied and dissolved over time and not immediately. Because of the gradual application, there isn't really a way for players to log in and out to raise or lower the bonus in a consistent way.

We can say after looking at the campaigns from the back end that the battles are often pretty close! That said, we will continue monitoring the campaigns to see if the population bonus needs to be tweaked.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who wants to bet that if I swear, a dev will finally show up but still not comment on the problem noted in this thread?

Nothing worse then seeing a Z response to a thread, only to have it be some mod talking about being nice and deleting posts.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don´t know who he is but he hasn´t given any other evidence than his word. I don´t want to make this another Haderus thread where you based your opinion on DC players. The truth was was quite different in the end. I wait for ZOS to react if they come out with an answer. Meanwhile, I just play the game. Have fun.

The truth was not quite different in the end than what I was being told. Ad did lose Haderus. They were being summoned back to TF and my ONLY point ever was TF had plenty of AD bodies, they just needed to get better and the AD that lost Haderus needed to also stay there and try to make that server competitive. And based on the fact that Haderus is painted red-it seems I am right.

Saramis is the main lead of BoD, which is one of the largest guilds in TF for DC. He plays a lot and is an honest dude. I don't believe he has said AD is doing anything shady, he's only said the low pop bonus is wacky.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

To clarify the DC on haderus (and once on Azura's back when it was the campaign of campaigns) have often managed to to get that low pop bonuse and reap huge benefits not out of any planning on their part.

Rather it was khajiit's observation there just weren't any DC On during most of the day and so the dumbmion and griffs would just fight each other. This left any DC gains relatively untouched except by the lowest of the low thus letting them rack up points without even needing to be logged in.

Then the night elves would show up, roll a few keeps, and then leave thus giving them a slight boost in points while still retaining a consistently low population.

Basically it was just due to everyone having better things to do than take empty keeps, and the bloopers inability to have consistent numbers outside of one campaign.

But apparently some elves want to twist a poor innocent khajiit's words into some nefaruious accusation about secreative cabals of point fixing elf faced not guds. So...don't do that again.

And maybe tell team purple to take a day off while you're at it. It's getting annoying. o:)

Such a slippery cat you are.

"Interestingly enough this is something Telel has seen the bloops do before to win campaigns. All they have to do is log in for a few hours, take some stuff, and log out."

If this isn't you accusing DC of deliberately manipulating the low pop bonus by "logging in for a bit to take stuff then log out" all in unison....then I don't know what is.

Nice back pedaling, though.

*team purple is forming as a result of the low pop bonus shenanigans. How can you not see that?
    Edited by God_flakes on October 5, 2016 11:53AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The truth was not quite different in the end than what I was being told. Ad did lose Haderus. They were being summoned back to TF and my ONLY point ever was TF had plenty of AD bodies, they just needed to get better and the AD that lost Haderus needed to also stay there and try to make that server competitive. And based on the fact that Haderus is painted red-it seems I am right.

Saramis is the main lead of BoD, which is one of the largest guilds in TF for DC. He plays a lot and is an honest dude. I don't believe he has said AD is doing anything shady, he's only said the low pop bonus is wacky.

Old patch notes say that the low pop is calculated over a few days of the server doing population samplings. I'm not sure if that's the case now, but it kinda makes sense since the campaign flipped and many players could have left to farm mats for the new update.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Interestingly enough this is something Telel has seen the bloops do before to win campaigns. All they have to do is log in for a few hours, take some stuff, and log out."

If this isn't you accusing DC of deliberately manipulating the low pop bonus by "logging in for a bit to take stuff then log out" all in unison....then I don't know what is.

*team purple is forming as a result of the low pop bonus shenanigans. How can you not see that?

This one is innocent of accusing others of not being innocent, they swear. You are thinking of some other khajiit who merely types similarly to Telel.

Which is very elfish.

You elf.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    people still getting surprised of it? hah! :s

get used to it. get use to the fact, that "low popers" can sit on theirs 3 home keeps and feels fine, just once in a while to night cap whole map to win campaign on easy mode.

this thing stole many nerves from me
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is innocent of accusing others of not being innocent, they swear. You are thinking of some other khajiit who merely types similarly to Telel.

Which is very elfish.

You elf.

I am a Breton, you conniving fur ball. Some may refer to us as menmer, but I do not associate with this. I am a human and your better. :sunglasses:
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is very elfish.

You elf.

I am a Breton, you conniving fur ball. Some may refer to us as menmer, but I do not associate with this. I am a human and your better. :sunglasses:

This one does not wish to be 'that elf' but it is spelled you're better.

But khajiit at least agrees with that thing, humble though they are.

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which is very elfish.

You elf.

I think this calls for a blood feud.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is very elfish.

You elf.

No it is not. It is "your better" meaning I am "your better" or your superior.

You're better means "you are better", which I was not saying in any way shape or form considering how many times a night I see you die on the battlefield.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for staying patient, all. We have looked into the population bonus and everything seems to be working as designed. To give you a bit more insight into the mechanic, the population bonus is applied and dissolved over time and not immediately. Because of the gradual application, there isn't really a way for players to log in and out to raise or lower the bonus in a consistent way.

We can say after looking at the campaigns from the back end that the battles are often pretty close! That said, we will continue monitoring the campaigns to see if the population bonus needs to be tweaked.

Well, it would .....if you didn't remember the history behind the 2014 link. Matter of fact after being told working as intended in the thread, it was 'fixed'. But here, let me put up the comment in that very thread about it so you can see how the community is treated when we ask for problems to be addressed.

(Turelus from page 14 of that link)

"So from the 1.6 PTS notes.

The underscroring bonus for the 30 day campaign now applies for one day instead of three days.

Well there is the fix, I'm glad to see it was addressed but I can't be overjoyed for a couple of reasons. First it took three months or more to fix, secondly this fix was only ever communicated to the PVP community via the ESO live show and never discussed here with the many people who were upset and asking for information about it.

My recommendation to ZOS is the next issue like this that comes up.
    •Please don't insult the community by telling us it's not an issue, then actually making an adjustment because we were right.
    •Ignoring the community when they're asking for more information.
    •Only release updated information via ESO live and not the associated issue thread.
    •Be willing to engage with the community not treat us like the enemy."
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

Well, it would .....if you didn't remember the history behind the 2014 link. Matter of fact after being told working as intended in the thread, it was 'fixed'. But here, let me put up the comment in that very thread about it so you can see how the community is treated when we ask for problems to be addressed.

The underscroring bonus for the 30 day campaign now applies for one day instead of three days.

Well there is the fix, I'm glad to see it was addressed but I can't be overjoyed for a couple of reasons. First it took three months or more to fix, secondly this fix was only ever communicated to the PVP community via the ESO live show and never discussed here with the many people who were upset and asking for information about it.

•Please don't insult the community by telling us it's not an issue, then actually making an adjustment because we were right.
    •Only release updated information via ESO live and not the associated issue thread.

"Fix" is incorrect. The duration was changed, adjusted, not fixed.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1506278/#Comment_1506278

Here, you can see it NOT listed under bug fixes or known issues.

I'm glad you learned how to read so quickly, but please.

Oh wait, if you hadn't stopped reading immediately when you found what you wanted you would have seen:
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    They never said it's not an issue. They said all was working as intended. Saying something works as intended does not mean it's not an issue, as has been made clear by the several threads concerning this subject. Instead of jumping onto your crybaby train right away, be thankful that ZOS is smart enough to change its mind on things.

Wow someone who actually used their brain.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1506278/#Comment_1506278

Oh wait, if you hadn't stopped reading immediately when you found what you wanted you would have seen:
    They never said it's not an issue. They said all was working as intended. Saying something works as intended does not mean it's not an issue, as has been made clear by the several threads concerning this subject. Instead of jumping onto your crybaby train right away, be thankful that ZOS is smart enough to change its mind on things.

You- are well beyond help. At this point, with so many repeated failures in the realm of intelligent discussion, I think the only option with you is a class in critical thinking and a very, very detailed course in reading comprehension. I ......hell, I cant even bring myself to tear you apart on this one, it just feels like a boxing match with a three year old must feel like.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Splitting hairs when you're losing an argument. Shocking. Clearly the duration was a problem so they FIIIIIXXXXXEEEDDD it.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Splitting hairs when you're losing an argument. Shocking. Clearly the duration was a problem so they FIIIIIXXXXXEEEDDD it.

That's like saying wings was bugged so they fixed it to only reflect 4 projectiles. Literally working as intended, but not the best design and they were willing to change it.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 24, 2016 6:40PM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We are looking into this gang. Sorry for the delayed reply on this matter!
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    # Vote Wheeler.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    While ZoS is looking into this I just wanted to tell my co-conspirators errr AD friends that the eagle flies at midnight and golden egg is laid at 1:07.
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ataggs wrote: »
    While ZoS is looking into this I just wanted to tell my co-conspirators errr AD friends that the eagle flies at midnight and golden egg is laid at 1:07.

Roger that, I'll let the rest of my guild know.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you add 1K point to DC and EP after you find what happened?
    Or you want us that don't mind the bugs again?

Why does always DC suffer those things again and again?
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EIGHTS wrote: »

Do you add 1K point to DC and EP after you find what happened?
    Or you want us that don't mind the bugs again?

Why does always DC suffer those things again and again?

DC forever the victim faction.