The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Low population bonus bug in Trueflame

Ahk1lleez
Ahk1lleez
✭✭✭
AD is currently @ 3 bars population and is getting a low population bonus. I submitted a ticket but thought a forum post might get this issue the attention it deserves a little faster.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is your staff aware of this bug?
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I can't edit my post. This is happening in Trueflame.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler can you look into this?
    Edited by Ahk1lleez on September 29, 2016 7:06PM
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. /ZOS
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often does it update ?
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure when they started getting the bonus....but it's still up and they got the full amount at the last eval. I believe it was 125 points.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    I'm not sure when they started getting the bonus....but it's still up and they got the full amount at the last eval. I believe it was 125 points.

Just read its every 30 minutes . Was AD pop lower 30 minutes ago ?
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    No...they've been at 3 bars for at least the last 2 hours.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    No...they've been at 3 bars for at least the last 2 hours.

Then tag @ZOS_BrianWheeler and ask if he can double check . He plays that campaign too .

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait low pop are you serious?! isnt dc the last alliance to lock of the 3 and even dc numbers dont warrant a low pop
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is because the Altmer only count the Bosmer as half an elf, and the Khajiit are listed as companion animals.
    PC/EU DC
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The low population bonus may be broke. On NA Haderus last week AD had the low pop bonus for well over a day, even when the population evened out, they maintained the bonus.
  • relaxed83
    relaxed83
    ✭✭✭
    Look at this! AD is poplocked and they own most of the map AND they have a low pop bonus... I think they found a way to scam the system logging off before eval or something... this is just crap and needs to be address asap!

lowpop.png
    lowpop2.png
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you can see, they have low pop bonus:
    SE29yk1.png

As you can see, they don't have a low pop:
    NzzllzE.png

It's been going on and off all day.
    Edited by Astanphaeus on September 30, 2016 4:01AM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt AD have found a way to 'scam the system' lmao
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

No one said they did. It's likely something ZOS did and AD just happens to be benefiting, possibly because they generally come first alphabetically, like how all standards in dungeons are AD ones.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian Wheeler never replied . I hope he looks into this because I don't want to win if only because scoreboard is broken .
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the score lately, Is AD getting the points, or is it just a visual bug and they aren't actually low pop bonus.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

No one said they did. It's likely something ZOS did and AD just happens to be benefiting, possibly because they generally come first alphabetically, like how all standards in dungeons are AD ones.

You should probably read every reply to this thread before saying 'no one said they did' thanks.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first few hours my guild was running tonight ad numbers were abysmal, i noticed not a single guild was out and about, then all at once ad has 3-4 guilds running and 4-5 raids hitting different dc keeps then followed by lowpop. Not sure if its a bug or people know how long to stay off a campaign to get it to kick in then roll the map to just cheese the whole thing
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first few hours my guild was running tonight ad numbers were abysmal, i noticed not a single guild was out and about, then all at once ad has 3-4 guilds running and 4-5 raids hitting different dc keeps then followed by lowpop. Not sure if its a bug or people know how long to stay off a campaign to get it to kick in then roll the map to just cheese the whole thing

Trueflame is nearly always full, with a long queue. It would take several hundred people, both in guild and people that play solo, to work together in order for that to work consistently. Word would get out real quick if that many people were actively trying to manipulate the low population bonus

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When khajiit began their stream this evening the server was locked, but without a queue. However it seemeed most of those dumbminionites were helping level up the griffs at Alessia bridge.

Or at least that's what it felt like as we were mobbed over and over again with nary any aid from the elfish types.

Then this one came back from dinner and...well things got slightly better as COH, TKO, DD, DK, and uhmm..at least one other guild all decided we wanted bloop berries for a late night snack.

That being said we too noticed the low pop bonus, and we're hoping it'll be rectified.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey now, AD needs a handicap because team purple is ruining it for us.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I haven't seen the score lately, Is AD getting the points, or is it just a visual bug and they aren't actually low pop bonus.

I watched this last night for several hours. It is a visual glitch AD is not getting the low pop score. Come on folks get serious, use your brains to do some math. DC lost everything last night, score eval was DC 2 pts AD 78*. DC was still 30 pts ahead of AD when i logged at midnight. Stop the drama apply common logic and move along.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I watched this last night for several hours. It is a visual glitch AD is not getting the low pop score. Come on folks get serious, use your brains to do some math. DC lost everything last night, score eval was DC 2 pts AD 78*. DC was still 30 pts ahead of AD when i logged at midnight. Stop the drama apply common logic and move along.

If it's not this then it's time to educate on low pop bonus. A catchup mechanic isn't useful if it only applies when you're at the largest disadvantage. Unless something has changed, low pop bonus applies after a set amount of time from when the faction was deemed to need the bonus. It's also possible that if it's just a visual bug it's not an actual bug at all. With the amount of people that complain about it I find it likely they've just shut off the point gain portion. Should it just be visual that is.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Hey now, AD needs a handicap because team purple is ruining it for us.

Team purple? Team orange spent 3+ hours yesterday zerging every DC home keep AT THE SAME TIME until EP had Ni-Mohk and AD had Alma Ruma. 4 DC keeps were lit by both factions at the same time within the span of 2 minutes.

Not like it's unusual or even unfair for two factions to temporarily focus down one faction, but don't you dare say last night was team purple.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and btw, AD is currently pop locked in PC NA trueflame and receiving the low pop bonus again.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can confirm AD are getting the points from lowpop the 7:30 pm score eval gave AD 120. This needs to be fixed asap and pts adjusted
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was on last night and again tonight and though they were pop locked AD was getting the low pop bonus. Is it a bug? Can someone please explain how it is supposed to work? I don't understand...
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usually it lasts for atleast a few days, it just kicked in again at 11:20 pm est and ad has more ppl roamin then dc i dont get it
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is something that we seen happen on haderus several months ago for I think it was EP. I believe the answer was the system only counts people that are homed on that campaign. I know I was playing a character tonight on AD TF that is a guest. Now it wasn't any kind of planned thing to rig the system. It was just the character I wanted to play.
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/S-Y4hXVFyKo

Apparently this is also happening in Azuras, but I cannot confirm.

Edit : Can someone tell me how I can post my video directly to this thread?
    Edited by Ahk1lleez on October 1, 2016 5:53AM