The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Low population bonus bug in Trueflame

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »

Wow sucks that this is happening on trueflame, ruining what is normally a good competition between the factions. Looks like it'll be team purple now as payback lol.

NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭

Wow sucks that this is happening on trueflame, ruining what is normally a good competition between the factions. Looks like it'll be team purple now as payback lol.

Nah...unfortunately DC will continue to hit EP....even while this is going on. This won't be the first time DC refuses to play the map and decides to keep hitting us.

What's actually kind of funny about this is that AD feels as though they need to use an exploit in order to remain competitive....even though most of the time they wait for DC and EP to engage eachother before attacking EP. It's very seldom that you see AD and DC engaging each other on TF.

So to recap. AD and DC hardly ever fight each other. EP just about always gets double teamed. When AD feels like they get too far behind in points they're now using the low population bonus mechanic to catch up even while having their population locked.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah...unfortunately DC will continue to hit EP....even while this is going on. This won't be the first time DC refuses to play the map and decides to keep hitting us.

What's actually kind of funny about this is that AD feels as though they need to use an exploit in order to remain competitive....even though most of the time they wait for DC and EP to engage eachother before attacking EP. It's very seldom that you see AD and DC engaging each other on TF.

So to recap. AD and DC hardly ever fight each other. EP just about always gets double teamed. When AD feels like they get too far behind in points they're now using the low population bonus mechanic to catch up even while having their population locked.

If you look carefully during score evaluation, you will realize it's a visual bug.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it not a visual bug, when low pop bonus came back earlier today everyone was talking about it in zone dc side and sure enough at the score eval ad scored 120 pts, not sure why some people keep saying its a visual bug. As to dc only fighting ep i take my group mainly down south and one thing that has never changed is pact millitias obsession with bringing 50 to dclaw over and over all night while another zerg of ep goes to bleaks then ales never endingly, thats no exaggeration i have yet to see a time ep wasnt non stop spawning at chal and moving west. Ad will hit the weaker of the 2 and try and pvdoor brk or ash like clockwork
    Edited by fastolfv_ESO on October 1, 2016 7:27AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it not a visual bug, when low pop bonus came back earlier today everyone was talking about it in zone dc side and sure enough at the score eval ad scored 120 pts, not sure why some people keep saying its a visual bug

AD has lowest score in TF. If it was not a visual bug, AD would have a huge lead by now.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's actually kind of funny about this is that AD feels as though they need to use an exploit in order to remain competitive....

Lol do they? I don't recall AD coming last in a Trueflame campaign recently.
    When AD feels like they get too far behind in points they're now using the low population bonus mechanic to catch up even while having their population locked.

Lol you're making it sound like AD are somehow doing this on purpose...
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    Only the most biased or foolish of individuals would attempt to refute video evidence.

It wasn't happening prior to this campaign....and there hasn't been a patch since this campaign started. It's not a bug....They're exploiting the mechanic.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    I highly doubt AD have found a way to 'scam the system' lmao

AD always has benefit of BUGS since beta.
    What a coincidence! B)
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the most biased or foolish of individuals would attempt to refute video evidence.

It wasn't happening prior to this campaign....and there hasn't been a patch since this campaign started. It's not a bug....They're exploiting the mechanic.

Illuminati has taken over AD. We have proof here!

silly_illuminati_image.jpg

The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait some AD just pmed me.

How rude
    Conspiracy.jpg
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    it not a visual bug, when low pop bonus came back earlier today everyone was talking about it in zone dc side and sure enough at the score eval ad scored 120 pts, not sure why some people keep saying its a visual bug

AD has lowest score in TF. If it was not a visual bug, AD would have a huge lead by now.

AD had the lowest score yesterday, until the "problem" kicked in. Today was the same thing.....Again, it happens with the population locked for several hours. They were passed again later on the next day and, out of what appears to be the most conveniently timed bug in the game- made up the distance inside of two hours. It isn't a visual bug, they get the points-

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Edited by Soul_Demon on October 1, 2016 9:40AM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hai!

I don't think it's broken - it's working as intended, but not... you know - in a fair way. We had the same issue on EU/PC on Spell breaker back in March/April. (I'm on AD)

We were a small guild trying to fight the DC-blobs @ Spell breaker, we took keeps & fought them and stuff. Even though we were never more than medium population vs their high/locked - we didn't get the low pop bonus. However - EP(who only was on low, sometimes medium and took a few keeps every now and then, but didnt invest time in the campaign) got low pop bonus & because of that - they beat us on the Scoreboard, even though EP was never actually really present on the campaign.

I guess it's if the low pop-bonus happens over a long period of time. And it takes a while before it goes away again?

Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Oh and btw, AD is currently pop locked in PC NA trueflame and receiving the low pop bonus again.

The devs explained how a low pop bonus works, it does not go off the current population it is an average over a set amount of time, to avoid the system from being manipulated, they did not give the finite details, they did this on an ESO live sometime back.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    problem is ad numbers are not low enough to justify the bonus, hell when dc had 2 bars during the day to eps locked it didnt kick in. We need a dev response here
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    first few hours my guild was running tonight ad numbers were abysmal, i noticed not a single guild was out and about, then all at once ad has 3-4 guilds running and 4-5 raids hitting different dc keeps then followed by lowpop. Not sure if its a bug or people know how long to stay off a campaign to get it to kick in then roll the map to just cheese the whole thing

Trueflame is nearly always full, with a long queue. It would take several hundred people, both in guild and people that play solo, to work together in order for that to work consistently. Word would get out real quick if that many people were actively trying to manipulate the low population bonus

Sooooo if it's almost always full with a long queue....why are they getting anything even resembling a low pop bonus. I recall a few weeks ago AD bemoaning their loss in Azura was due to DC getting a low pop bonus. And now suddenly they're reaping the benefits of the bonus themselves? Shocking!
  • NSObject
    NSObject
    ✭✭✭
    It just happened again. DC and EP bring AD down to 23 potential points while AD is pop locked, halfway through next eval they get the bonus — while still pop locked. Are now at +89 and will be taking first place from DC in 15 min.

Could it be applying the bonus to the wrong campaign?
    Edited by NSObject on October 2, 2016 2:24AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so dc just took the lead again and ad just got it back the eval they lost 1st, what does it take to get someone from zenimax to respond? If go on a hate filled rage rant will the admin who bans me pass this on?
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK can you pass this on to the right people? Those of us who love playing this game really just want to see their efforts count for something!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't pvpd much last few days . Maybe 2 hours this week tops .
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    first few hours my guild was running tonight ad numbers were abysmal, i noticed not a single guild was out and about, then all at once ad has 3-4 guilds running and 4-5 raids hitting different dc keeps then followed by lowpop. Not sure if its a bug or people know how long to stay off a campaign to get it to kick in then roll the map to just cheese the whole thing

Trueflame is nearly always full, with a long queue. It would take several hundred people, both in guild and people that play solo, to work together in order for that to work consistently. Word would get out real quick if that many people were actively trying to manipulate the low population bonus

Sooooo if it's almost always full with a long queue....why are they getting anything even resembling a low pop bonus. I recall a few weeks ago AD bemoaning their loss in Azura was due to DC getting a low pop bonus. And now suddenly they're reaping the benefits of the bonus themselves? Shocking!

Relax Snowflake. I'm not saying that AD is cheating, I'm saying the low population calculator is broken.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Relax Snowflake. I'm not saying that AD is cheating, I'm saying the low population calculator is broken.

Snowflake?
  • Silvist
    Silvist
    Before tick:

uXOazff.jpg

Notice pop lock:

65iyHJw.jpg

After tick:

QB0yyyN.jpg

5692 score - 5612 score = 80 from score eval. That sure isn't just a visual bug. Also notice they lost the low pop bonus while in first place, and no other faction has the bonus.
    Edited by Silvist on October 2, 2016 5:45AM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Still no response here.....cant think of something that could be more of a problem than a game where there is a 3 way alliance war that is scored through alliance efforts with a campaign scoreboard- That is incorrectly scoring for at the very least several days.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's just ignore the people telling you how it works :|

This game man

EIGHTS wrote: »

What a coincidence! B)

It took about a year before ZOS realized oil pots cost less AP on EP than the other factions. The only actual case of faction favoritism in the game's history.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Let's just ignore the people telling you how it works :|

This game man

EIGHTS wrote: »

What a coincidence! B)

It took about a year before ZOS realized oil pots cost less AP on EP than the other factions. The only actual case of faction favoritism in the game's history.

Well, given the fact in previous posts we have stated that the bonus is being applied after faction is pop locked for several consecutive hours- you also insinuated you know exactly how the low pop bonus worked.....Since ZOS has never one time revealed what timeframe a faction has to be at low to gain the bonus or how long it lasts to my knowlege, maybe you could fill in the blank there?

It would definitely be helpful, as right now what is being reported is clearly not a faction being at low pop for ANY amount of time to gain the bonus- and it is happening repeatedly.

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its still going and AD cannot lose the lead where the *** is zenimax dev response, this needs to be fixed or theres zero reason to even play if you cant win, when will the score be fixed
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Da hell is going on????
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the love of all things please someone at ZoS respond to this thread. From here on out if AD wins a campaign there will be someone calling us low-pop cheaters.

Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • DODHitman
    DODHitman
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this will shed some light on this subject/mechanics, but here is a post from Dec. 2014
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294087/low-population-bonus-bug-in-trueflame/p2
    ZOS_TristanK wrote: »
    Thank you for staying patient, all. We have looked into the population bonus and everything seems to be working as designed. To give you a bit more insight into the mechanic, the population bonus is applied and dissolved over time and not immediately. Because of the gradual application, there isn't really a way for players to log in and out to raise or lower the bonus in a consistent way.

We can say after looking at the campaigns from the back end that the battles are often pretty close! That said, we will continue monitoring the campaigns to see if the population bonus needs to be tweaked.

As you can see, this subject has been brought up time and time again......and as always, here we go....."its working as intended". Please Zos, can you once again look into this dam low pop bonus crap and make sure this isnt a "BUG". As others have stated, we dont need all of AD looked at as some kind of LP cheaters.
    Edited by DODHitman on October 3, 2016 8:43AM
    Eager' Skeaver
    AD-NA/PC | HighElf Sorc. V16 - Magicka Sorc 4Life!
    Guilds: Fantasia - ETU
    R.I.P. Dominion Mafia

Two rules to live by:
    Stay on Crown - Stay out of the Red
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    this is quite embarassing ZOS, we demand an explanation
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade