Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: Thieves Guild Special #2"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: Thieves Guild Special #2. We hope to see you there!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Wodwo
    Wodwo
    ✭✭✭
    Will we hear about the new DLC soundtrack being released (or has that been cancelled)? Really hope it hasn't as the new music is gorgeous.
    Edited by Wodwo on February 11, 2016 7:40PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some key points that have come up on the forums include things like templars needing attention, stam sorcs needing to be acknowledged, heavy armor feeling useless, among other reactions to the balance changes. Are there any things that could be shared in advance information wise as to what may be said, or which direction these things will be taken?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Question for Wrobel: Will master weapons be upgraded to V16 for the vet DSA weekly?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    Can we expect any changes at all to stamina sorcs before the DLC comes out?
  • Daymond
    Daymond
    ✭✭✭
    How bout talking bout dual wield skills like adding a gap closer to dual wield somehow.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AoE Caps?
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric, are you aware that Flurry (and morphs) from the Dual Wield line still doesn't proc Critical Surge heals? Is there any chance this could be fixed before TG goes live? It would be nice for Sorcs to have an alternative to Wrecking Blow.

Also, are you aware that Conjured Ward (and morphs) still doesn't refresh to full strength when cast on Summoned Pets? It only works when the Ward is completely depleted, which is usually too late. This is a huge obstacle to keeping the pets alive in actual combat.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , could you please pass on these two issues to Eric and the other developers?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    CP5 wrote: »
    Some key points that have come up on the forums include things like templars needing attention, stam sorcs needing to be acknowledged, heavy armor feeling useless, among other reactions to the balance changes. Are there any things that could be shared in advance information wise as to what may be said, or which direction these things will be taken?

These are all topics we plan to discuss tomorrow. If you aren't able to catch the show live, we'll have a recording available immediately afterwards.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    we'll have a recording available immediately afterwards.

Looking forward to seeing who gets the video up first, Shawn Brunelle or ZenimaxOnlineStudios B)
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for Wrobel: Will master weapons be upgraded to V16 for the vet DSA weekly?

They already said in the previous episode that all of the group trial weeklies--AA, HRC, SO, DSA, and MOL--will grant something from one of the four new trial sets.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose someone might have answered this before. But have they talked recently about adding ultimates to weapon skill lines?
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance of some love for the bow skill line before the new DLC is released? forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2672947/#Comment_2672947

Also, will the regen issues around drinks/set bonuses/CP be resolved for the new DLC release?

Thanks!
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  •  joshylonstoky
    I thought this episode was going to be about general stuff not thief guild :( (not that I don't like it just... I wanna hear about the barber shop)
  •  joshylonstoky
    Also is there a way that the player with longuer hair be visible with a helmet on?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be missing it cause of work but my question is....

Will i kick myself cause you're gonna be talking about changes (such as meteor being reflectable again) or are you gonna just be trying to show case the thieves guild DLC again like last live episode.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

They already said in the previous episode that all of the group trial weeklies--AA, HRC, SO, DSA, and MOL--will grant something from one of the four new trial sets.

Yes I saw that. I just want clarification that masters weapons will no longer drop for the dsa weekly. Will the trial weekly consist only of the new sets or do they simply have a chance to drop now.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.Will it be possible to wear skin and costume simultaneously? As far as i know it was planned to be implemented into new dlc.
    2. When will be released new dro-m'athra costume pack?
    3. Any improvements for heavy armor passives?
    4. When templar will get DK treatment, i.e. serious buffs?
    5. Any plans to increase radius of Forward Camps a bit?
    6. Will Fasalla Guile set loose jewel parts to be on par with other sets?
    7. Are you planning to improve Lord Warden monster set? This is most weakest set that drop from most hardest dung.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 12, 2016 1:18PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

On ESO Live Episode 11, aired on 02/13/2015, one day shy of a year ago today, you were asked why Templar Ability Toppling charge is the ONLY gap closer in the game with a global cooldown that prevents the immediate use of a skill directly afterward.

You said this was a bug and you were "looking into getting it fixed."

ESO live Discussion of Focused Charge @59m35s
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KSjxZZTS1Uw#t=59m35s

As we prepare to celebrate the anniversary of this skill being still bugged, I was wondering if you could do something special for us and explain the unique history and lore behind this issue and why the cooldown was added to the skill originally shortly after game launch. It is a source of both wonder and consternation in the Templar community.

Thank you and Happy Toppling Charge Day!
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 12, 2016 11:23AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

On ESO Live Episode 11 aired on 02/13/2015, one day shy of a year ago today, you were asked why Templar Ability Toppling charge is the ONLY gap closer in the game with a global cooldown that prevents the immediate use of a skill directly afterward.

You said this was a bug and you were "looking into getting it fixed."

Discussion @59m35s
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KSjxZZTS1Uw#t=59m35s

As we prepare to celebrate the anniversary of this skill being still bugged, I was wondering if you could do something special for us and explain the unique history and lore behind this issue and why the cooldown was added to the skill originally shortly after game launch. It is a source of both wonder and consternation in the Templar community.

Thank you and Happy Toppling Charge Day!

And this day shall be known as... Toppling Charge day!

HERE HERE
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suppose it's the right place to ask the question so here's mine.
    Based on this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/237673/should-magic-users-do-more-damage-with-staves-than-when-dual-wielding/p1
    Do you plan to do something with the fact that nowdays players who use magicka deal more spell damage while dual-wielding than while wielding the staves? This is not only unreasonable and illogical, but it also devalues destro staves and quite discourages DDs to use them at all.
    Taking into account the poll inside the above thread, most people are in favor of some changes.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question for Live Show: What changes, if any, are planned for Stam Sorcs in the Thieves Guild balance update?
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some questions (plus bonus softball question if you want that instead)
    1. Will a cold damage ability be added to the game or changed from an existing skill? Currently there are zero cold based abilities in the game and the only way to focus cold damage is via an occasional ice comet ultimate.
    2. What are the current plans for utilizing the newly unlocked 7th core on PS4?
    3. Will customized controller button mapping come to consoles? If not, can you add more presets? How about a forum feedback thread suggesting new presets?
    4. Activating synergies is error-prone on console and is a time sensitive requirement which causes deaths during vMSA and ICP. Can you change the default button mapping to a single button? On dualshock 4 there are two pressure plates (left and right) behind the touchpad which you have both assigned to map but one of them could be synergy. On xbone it could be LS + RS. Alternatively, no one really uses right on the D-pad to change the quest so that could be remapped to synergy.
    5. There were hints earlier about a return appearance of Naryu in future DLC. Can you give us some teasers?
    6. Are there any plans to add second screen support for consoles? For example viewing the Cyrodiil map on your phone/tablet while riding around without stopping.
    7. (For Eric)-In a previous ESOlive you stated that the reason dual wielding swords does more spell damage than a staff is because it lacks the ability to do heavy attacks to regain magicka. This answer, however, ignores the fact that weapon switching exists in the game so magic can be regained by switching weapons. Can you please review the discussion that has taken place in the related topic in the combat mechanics forum? Many magicka players feel they are being railroaded into dual wielding swords because the alternatives are far inferior.
    8. vMSA is currently only able to be completed by DPS spec. Tanks and healers spec are unable to participate in this content without creating new gear, spending coin to reset our skills to DPS, and abandoning our guildmates for at least a week or two to attempt the new content. Will new content be released in the future that cater only to tanks or only to healers?

Bonus softball question:
    • Who is your favorite Daedric prince?
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this falls into Eric's domain, but I have posted a thread regarding Hakejo runes and their rarity on the PTS forum here.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246871/hakejo-runes-devs-can-we-get-another-source#latest
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you explain the thought process behind the major buffs to magelight and simultaneous major nerfs to stealth. I'm not suggesting nothing should have been done, but to a lot of us it seems like you went too far, please enlighten us.
  • Daymond
    Daymond
    ✭✭✭
    Could you guys talk about changing Dual Wield because right its only used primarily for the dmg passive or whirlwind.
    Here are some ideas
    Twin Slashes and its morphs should be changed to a gap closer while keeping their current abilities
    Flurry either have an increase in dmg or shorten channel time also proc crit surge
    Blade cloak should increase movement speed buff duration also grant Major Brutality
    Hidden blade reduce the dmg but immobilize target for 2 seconds
    Whirlwind should stay as is

• Targuris
    Targuris
    ✭✭✭
    Igneous morphs should be major Brut only and add something extra to the caster like heavy attack damage or speed.
  • MrJagermeister
    TESO continues to introduce content that requires mobility, but expects Templars to remain stationary. Do you have any plans to increase our mobility or allow our channeled focus to move with us, similar to how Proximity Detonation works?
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaannnddd it was Shawn Brunelle at 7:51 p.m. CST!
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single target magika negate
    Gold tempers and kuta
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs