The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Hakejo runes Devs. Can we get another source?

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
After the initial surge of players and farming that came with IC. There is still only 2 ways to get these runes. Going to the middle of a buggy IC with the potential of being wiped by 2 opposing factions,(if the event even spawns correctly) or by some miracle having one drop from a treasure scamp.(which by themselves are rare as it is)

Are there at least any plans to add SOME kind of other way to obtain these? Without having to try and gather a 16+(maybe done with 10, but safety in numbers etc...) man group to go down into IC where no one wants to go anymore? Sure they can be bought, but at upwards of 60K a pop, it's just BS. They are not OP in some way to my knowledge that's game breaking. I don't understand why they have to be so stupidly hard to get.
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Azarath_tiberius
    Azarath_tiberius
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed and just to add to the OP I want to ask. What is the drop rate of the stupid Soul-shriven skin?... I must have killed Molag Bal and the rest of the IC bosses over 5000000 times and yet no skin to be seen. No one from my guild has ever got it..

I start to believe that the pet scamp drops more often than the Hakeijo runes or the skin. -.-
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how many new motifs their are to obtain and how many daily quests you have to do, i really hope they add a new way to get these essence.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree w/the original poster.

I will happily buy the DLCs that are PVE but I have NO interest in PVPing.

Please make those ruins available in other DLCs.
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    ... or buy them for TalVar Stones.

Fair trade. If You got luck, You will get drop. If no... after XXX tries You will get enough TVS to just buy.

Not possible? To easy? Hey! Look! Monster Set Vendor! :blush:
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taryf wrote: »

Fair trade. If You got luck, You will get drop. If no... after XXX tries You will get enough TVS to just buy.

Agreed, I would accept buying them with Telvar. Nothing too crazy though. maybe 2k? 5k? a piece?

I'll add that I do mostly PvP, but it's the hassle of getting people to go down there to do a PVE event that is the problem. Even if there's PvP potential.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many options are better then the options we have now.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how ZOS presented this as the solution to help hybrid builds. A rare crafting mat that would likely never be used on anything lower than end game.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I like how ZOS presented this as the solution to help hybrid builds. A rare crafting mat that would likely never be used on anything lower than end game.

Hybrid builds can't exist unless the bring back softcaps. Unless they take the cumulative amount of stam+magicka to figure out skill damage scaling.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to get Hakeijo by deconstructing useless weekly shield rewards for vMSA, or loot them from the final chest :p
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »
    I would love to be able to get Hakeijo by deconstructing useless weekly shield rewards for vMSA, or loot them from the final chest :p

Imagine how excited people would get if they knew they had a chance at a Hakeijo in VMA, of course it would have to be separate from the Maelstrom weapon roll.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add them to the Tel-Var vendor.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I would be okay with any of these solutions. Any additional method of getting this ridiculously expensive rune into the market is okay with me!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakeijos should be available without IC DLC. They could be added as a rare drop into Wrothgar survey maps.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed and just to add to the OP I want to ask. What is the drop rate of the stupid Soul-shriven skin?... I must have killed Molag Bal and the rest of the IC bosses over 5000000 times and yet no skin to be seen. No one from my guild has ever got it..

I start to believe that the pet scamp drops more often than the Hakeijo runes or the skin. -.-

Well, the skin droped for me the first time i helped kill molag bal but after the group was wiped then a bunch of us was kicked for not having stupid voice chat, which I don't use ever, and I went alone back to the middle ten minates later I died because of pve, stuff right next to where the corpse was supposed to be when I died the corpse spawned then some other dc person was in there and rezed me and guess what opened the corpse and there was the soul shriven skin! I did not have to go do it again to try and get the skin I just got it right there. But I think the chance of getting it is effected by being in a group, otherwise one person out of that group might get it. Or I was just very lucky.
    Well the skin is very good and I love it!
    Well as a vampire you can make yourself look more like a cyridill vampire, and the zombie draugr look is also cool, you can look more like a draugr if you have nordic armor.
    But I really love the soul shriven skin. Its well worth it to get it!
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 12, 2016 6:33AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let us buy Hakeijos with Tel Var stones
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some alternate method please, I can't even find enough people to do Molag Bal anymore and scampering are rare as rare. It's not even as if it's that great a rune given the meta is max resource. But if I did get a full set I would try hybrid for sure.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would have to be expensive if bought with tvs. Slightly less than v16 Armor imo.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I farmed my armour with tv stones, not that painful...
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rune isnt even that good so dont bother... I dont understand why this is so rare in the place it should be freely available like every other rune
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • charlmgn
    charlmgn
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any plan in the near future to add many of the newer materials to our hireling deliveries, or to make them otherwise farmable outside their original, limited areas? (i.e. hakeijo, newer style materials, v16 potency runes)

Thanks.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 I've never even seen one lol

rip decibel
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer not to have a secondary source actually. i mean when you find a trove scamp or defeat molag and get the drop it's awesome. that and IC is already really dead, and i love IC i don't want to give people even less reason to go there. :(
    Draxys wrote: »
    +1 I've never even seen one lol

Really. i got four last night while grinding one of my character in IC. They're not that hard to find.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 27, 2016 1:41PM
    Invictus
  • ducket1
    ducket1
    ✭✭
    I am a regular visitor of the IC sewers on Xbox and let's be honest this is no longer a viable pvp area, you see the odd player now and again, these runes are easy enough to get you just have to put the time in running the sewers which is pretty much a pve area so there isn't any real risk to run it on your own
    High Elf Dragonknight (Magicka) Stormproof
    High Elf Templar (Magicka) Stormproof
    Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina)
    Breton Sorcerer Lvl (Magicka) Stormproof
    Breton Nightblade (Magicka) Stormproof
    RedGaurd DragonKnight (Stamina) Stormproof
  • Fhirn
    Fhirn
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

Agreed, I would accept buying them with Telvar. Nothing too crazy though. maybe 2k? 5k? a piece?

I'll add that I do mostly PvP, but it's the hassle of getting people to go down there to do a PVE event that is the problem. Even if there's PvP potential.

Oh god no, 2k/5k is wayy to cheap for that rune
    and back to OP, no why must everything always be easy to get? i think the rareness of the rune is good and should stay like this. leave some stuff in this game hard to get pls.

• Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I farmed IC sewersfor a couple of weeks and got 0 runes so I think an alternative means that was less RNG dependent would be great - esp as the main thing it does is make hybrids more viable.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind it if they were to increase the drop rate of these things from the trove scamps. Out of the 100 I've killed, I think I have gotten only 10. Meaning either these things have a 10% drop rate or my luck just sucks.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, they'll show in the crown store. 3-pack for 1k crowns.
    Edited by Ishammael on February 27, 2016 4:59PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fhirn wrote: »
    Dreyloch wrote: »

Oh god no, 2k/5k is wayy to cheap for that rune
    and back to OP, no why must everything always be easy to get? i think the rareness of the rune is good and should stay like this. leave some stuff in this game hard to get pls.

ZOS advertised these runes as a major point in helping hybrid builds. They made them with the expectation that hybrids (and as an extension, tanks) could get a glyph that could help them. With how rare these runes are that is not the case, why is something that is supposed to help a large potential number of builds locked behind one small pool of rng and no where else?
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind it if they were to increase the drop rate of these things from the trove scamps. Out of the 100 I've killed, I think I have gotten only 10. Meaning either these things have a 10% drop rate or my luck just sucks.

The drop rates on the trove scamps is alright. the drop on Molag bal however, is not. i would prefer they increased the drop rate on Molag bal. High risk for valuable treasure.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 27, 2016 5:48PM
    Invictus
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

The drop rates on the trove scamps is alright. the drop on Molag bal however, is not. i would prefer they increased the drop rate on Molag bal. High risk for valuable treasure.

I'd like them to increase the chance of molag bal dropping I haven't seen him in over 3 months