Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing Bugs (Unofficial Fishing Issues Thread)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post sweetsapling the spreadsheet is really nice.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no more fishing for me. Can't afford the inventory space.
  • sweetsapling
    ta Turelus, not made by me though ^^
    I just got the achievement Dominion Angler, even though I still don't have recognition for the Khenarthi's Roost blue! So, once you've caught the blue on starter Island, you can still get achieves - I don't know if the missing starter island achieves will count towards Master Angler in the end though, I'm not that far yet..
    Edited by sweetsapling on June 15, 2014 9:55PM
    Epitaph: Here lies Lester Moore
    graffiti underneath: No Les No Moore
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sweetsapling‌ That spreadsheet is a nice attempt to organize the achievement fish. However, there are some glaring inaccuracies. For one thing, it lists Midget Salmon, Banded Killifish, and Driftfish as River fish in Alik'r. There are no river fish in Alik'r because there are no rivers. Rather these fish were added to the other water types in absence of rivers. Midget Salmon is a Foul Water blue fish. Driftfish is a green Sea Water fish. Banded Killifish is a green Lake Water fish. There are other zones where not all 4 water types are present as well and none are represented on that chart.
  • sweetsapling
    nudel wrote: »
    @sweetsapling‌ That spreadsheet is a nice attempt to organize the achievement fish. However, there are some glaring inaccuracies. For one thing, it lists Midget Salmon, Banded Killifish, and Driftfish as River fish in Alik'r. There are no river fish in Alik'r because there are no rivers. Rather these fish were added to the other water types in absence of rivers. Midget Salmon is a Foul Water blue fish. Driftfish is a green Sea Water fish. Banded Killifish is a green Lake Water fish. There are other zones where not all 4 water types are present as well and none are represented on that chart.

You're quite right of course - as I also tried to point out before the link, and in the rest of that comment.
    - So, we now have at least 3 areas with a missing water type, in which we catch the missing three in the other waters:
    - Alik'r, missing river
    - Auridon, missing foul
    - Reaper's March, missing ocean.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Something like....this: Fishing Spreadsheet :)

Edit: For the purpose of missing water types I left the chart intact, instead there is a footnote for such zones that indicate where each of the missing water type rares can be found.
    Edited by Kyoma on June 15, 2014 10:44PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • sweetsapling
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Something like....this: Fishing Spreadsheet :)

Edit: For the purpose of missing water types I left the chart intact, instead there is a footnote for such zones that indicate where each of the missing water type rares can be found.

YES! Well done Kyoma - thank you!
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I got these too: Semi Master Fisher and Craglorn Angler, Would have had the actual Master Fisher/Angler achievement if not for the bugged starter island achievements. :'(
  • sweetsapling
    Would have had the actual Master Fisher/Angler achievement if not for the bugged starter island achievements. :'(
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear that :( But WE know that you did it, so CONGRATS Mr.Master Angler! ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could not only show off a title, but get a decent amount of achievement points (although useless atm)? Getting 5 points for completing an entire area after hours of fishing; versus getting 50 points for 20 minutes in a dungeon seems rather unfair to me... :s
    NOW would be the time for a Zenimax employee to throw in their piece... wakey, wakey...
    Edited by sweetsapling on June 16, 2014 3:44AM
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Kyoma has made an improved version of the spreadsheet, with info collected from players here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/195fJ7bK4hkXYgncC4Dpp6FIZqKAr5M6wEg7yaIjfoVA/edit?pli=1#gid=0
    Slightly nitpicking: most info (that wasn't in the original at that time) came from personal experience. I made the chart a few weeks before Patch 1.1.2 (early May). :)

Edited by Kyoma on June 16, 2014 2:47PM
  • purgatorywolf_ESO
    On the Spread sheet:
    Reaper's Marsh should be Reapers March. :)
    ~*~Some people are like slinkies. Completely useless, but it makes you smile to push them down the stairs. ~*~
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    On the Spread sheet:
    Can't believe I missed that.... (-_-)

• purgatorywolf_ESO
    On the Spread sheet:
    Can't believe I missed that.... (-_-)

teehee
    ~*~Some people are like slinkies. Completely useless, but it makes you smile to push them down the stairs. ~*~
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Well starter island achievements still bugged. :'( Didn't really expect anything but it never hurts to try.
  • sweetsapling
    Well starter island achievements still bugged. :'( Didn't really expect anything but it never hurts to try.

There,there... have a salmon sandwich! :p
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, fix this system, please.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • sweetsapling
    A wee bit disappointed not to see the slightest mentioning of fishing in the latest patch notes...
    You Guys actually playing after the patch: PLEASE tell me they have at least unbugged the starter Island achievements, as a nice little surprise to The Forgotten Anglers of this game?! :\
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing mentioned in the patch so I doubt they've fixed anything for us.

We're low priority as only a few of us enjoy this little sub-game in-game.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as this monster sized patch is finished I will be heading to Bleakrock to try once again.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    When you have some free time could you go and poke some developers about fishing, link them to this thread and maybe get some answers to basic questions such as.

Q: Why can't we actually loot rare fish? Was this a design choice, lack of time or from fears of botting abuse?

Q: Will we ever be able to loot rare fish to sell or keep as trophies?

Q: When will the next pass on fishing bugs be done? Note that many issues have been posted here to help towards that end.

Q: Does ZOS have plans for fishing to be more than an achievement system in the future?
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Not fixed.... :(
    Edited by Kyoma on June 25, 2014 1:48PM
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    Grr, still not fixed. Do we know if they are even working on it? This becomes more and more disappointing with every patch.
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • ptheoretpreub18_ESO
    Since 1.2.3 I did't see the only foul spot in Deeshan that was there before the patch. I have 199/216 rare fish caught but 0 in the last 20 hours of fishing, is the loot drop broken?
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilinalta Trout; which is listed as a fish from the Rift, was caught at the same time I caught a Sturgeon in Auridon. It also marked it off my Rift Angler list.

yu8oh76arg1u.jpg

lmao....looking at the picture of this so called trout I'm here to tell you that a sword fish is indeed NOT a trout. In Skyrim they had it right. In fact I see lots of things that dont look right according to the name like fangs that look like eggs just as an example. It seriously makes me wonder if Zenimax ever played Oblivion & Skyrim. lmao....Shivering Isle dont look at all like the Shivering Isle from the Oblivion expansion!!!

Fishing is broken PERIOD! Fishing nodes suck a$$ and are a huge immersion breaker and to top it all off the fish is completely worthless! In Skyrim you could cook the fish you caught but in Zenimax Online you cant. I really think Zenimax should have taken some serious notes from both Oblivion and Skyrim!
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we'll have to wait until 1.3.0 for fishing fixes, very disappointing. :(
  • deleted005294
    While fishing in Deshaan yesterday, I got all 3 foul water fishes from other sources, as has been mentioned in some other areas as well. Namely;
    Lake: Mud Lamprey
    River: Mouthbrooder
    Ocean: Mustard Eel

If I find any other deviations from the spreadsheet in the upcoming days/weeks, I'll edit this post.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated OP with latest information. Also another bump.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    While fishing in Deshaan yesterday, I got all 3 foul water fishes from other sources, as has been mentioned in some other areas as well. Namely;
    Lake: Mud Lamprey
    River: Mouthbrooder
    Ocean: Mustard Eel

If I find any other deviations from the spreadsheet in the upcoming days/weeks, I'll edit this post.
    It is likely that the 'missing water type rares are divided amongst the other water types' may also apply when there are only a small amount of spots. In this case foul water does exist in Deshaan but there are only a handful of them.

Edited by Kyoma on July 5, 2014 11:37AM
  • ptheoretpreub18_ESO
    The bugged starter island achievements are not fixed yet. Maybe 1. They don't care or 2. They don't know how to repair it. 3. They don't have enough people working on fixing things.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    The bugged starter island achievements are not fixed yet. Maybe 1. They don't care or 2. They don't know how to repair it. 3. They don't have enough people working on fixing things.
    A while back I contacted Support to see what the status was on those achievements. The reply I got stated that they are working on it and hopefully retroactive. It's possible they're waiting with fixing the actual achievements until they can retroactively award them to players that have caught the rares already.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing listed in 1.3.0 PTS patch notes is the following
    • Removed a duplicate Bangkorai Angler achievement.