Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wait so arenas PvP is confirmed?

JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Any one have a link?
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    At E3 apparently they demoed a 3v3 WoW copycat lol http://imgur.com/a/Eg5zk

Going to unsub once they confirm this. Bye bye cyrodil it was nice knowing you for couple month heh
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thelg wrote: »

Going to unsub once they confirm this. Bye bye cyrodil it was nice knowing you for couple month heh

you'd leave if they add more content to the game?

that's a first for me lol
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't like being forced to AvA in Cyrodill I'm so happy ZOS is adding some structured PvP.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how is Archage?
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    Archage is not bad from the stuff I seen, probably going to look more into it
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i roll a fat character on it?
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the reasoning behind this.

there is a whole province if Cyrodiil for pvp. Pvp should be focused there. They should work on improving Cryodiil pvo instead of adding this, which to be frank, I see this arena pvp as a useless feature.

they need to focus on fix other parts of the game that need fixed, not adding this. Jmo.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    I think Arena pvp its a wonderfull idea, but Im agree that they should still work on improving Cyrodiil and make it the true pvp map. Reducing the number of campaigns to 3-4 would be the perfect start, remove the PVE buffs, etc

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 people strafing around all holding block and casting instants sounds awesome......wait..
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is a joke right?
  • Bahz
    Bahz
    ✭✭
    Battlegrounds are the worst thing that can happen to this game. However, a FFA open world arena would be cool.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i see anything related to a BG or arena added before everything else PVP/cyrodiil is fixed I will desub instantly. And I love this game for the record.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More options for more people. I don't see how this is a bad thing.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's going to kill balance in every other area of the game. I really, really, really hope this isn't happening any time soon. And if it does happen, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope that they don't make any balance changes based on arena performance.
    ----
    Murray?
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    If i see anything related to a BG or arena added before everything else PVP/cyrodiil is fixed I will desub instantly. And I love this game for the record.

This, absolutely this. In fact even when everything else PVP/Cyrodiil is fixed and they add this I am gone.

I love the game, I know it has problems, but I am having a blast playing it. If this is indeed the future of ESO than it is game over for me. It will only result in the never ending buff/nerf cycle of classes because then they suddenly have to be viable in tiny scale pvp. It will ruin both pve and big scale pvp just like it ruined WoW.

P.s. By ruined I mean ruined for me. It may end in more subs, maybe the majority wants this, but it would ruin the game for me and I would no longer stay to watch this game go into a direction I am not in favor of. It would be a bloody shame, but that's just how I feel.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ZOS keeps following its tradition of adding stuff kids scream about in the forums. This is going to be such a cluster****...
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's going to kill balance in every other area of the game. I really, really, really hope this isn't happening any time soon. And if it does happen, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope that they don't make any balance changes based on arena performance.

If it happens, they'll have to balance, the outcry would be tremendous if they didn't, that is going to be a terrible day. But people are short sighted and don't realize how bad of an idea this is with the current system.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on June 11, 2014 3:52PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A classic case of PVPers are never satisfied.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While i do like to try to get the most out of my character, like to read up on the forums for best strat, or good build options, im not a hard core min/maxer so i have never really had an issue with any mmo i have played 'destroying balance' but it is an option lots of people seem to enjoy.

I guess to me i look at it like this. I don't care much for raids or group dungeons. I could make the claim that they 'destroy balance' for the rest of the game. That one cool skill i really like might get smashed because if it used with other cool skill on a boss it breaks the boss.

I just want to play and have fun. And i want as many people as possible to play and gave fun as well. More options=more fun.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 11, 2014 3:54PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully arena rewards are overshadowed by the cyrodill/imperial city zone rewards. If people can just sit semi afk in town for a 15min game and rewards there is no reason to actually participate in the alliance war.
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Bahz wrote: »
    Battlegrounds are the worst thing that can happen to this game. However, a FFA open world arena would be cool.

What is cyrodiil if not a FFA open world?
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

A classic case of PVPers are never satisfied.

No it is a classic case of not every pvper is the same. Not every pvper wants small scale arena type game play. Those against this that are pvpers just like big scale pvp instead.

I love large scale pvp because of the fact that classes do not have to be balanced perfectly for it. I love it because it doesn't force the company to constantly try to find the none existent balance between classes.
  • Relyk04
    Relyk04
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea honestly. Personally, I've tried PVP about a dozen times and each time I'm alone and rarely encounter an enemy alliance. When I do it becomes a zerg fest and I'm slaughtered before my rig can process what happened. I think arena PVP is a good start. In truth, I'd also like to see open world open zone PVP as well for players of all levels. I often just wonder through Cyrodiil with no player interaction. Again, this is an additional option for PVPers not a replacement for Cyrodiil. I never understood why ppl would mind an additional feature if it's not impacting their play style. Some will PVP in arenas as their preference, others will PVP in Cyrodiil with the same intent.
  • Necronomicon
    Necronomicon
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait, cleary anyone who hates this aint a real pvper.
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Well ZOS keeps following its tradition of adding stuff kids scream about in the forums. This is going to be such a cluster****...
    +1
    Not kids though, I think they call themselves "real pvpers".
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait, cleary anyone who hates this aint a real pvper.

No true Scotsman, and all.
  • Necronomicon
    Necronomicon
    ✭✭✭
    I guess everyone likes the lag in cryodil, and huge zergs of 50 people on 5 people.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one have a link?

So they are just going to kill cyrodil pvp? F2p this game will be.
  • MongooseOne
    MongooseOne
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get 3v3 Arenas are coming out of those blurred phone pics of someone playing ESO?
    Edited by MongooseOne on June 11, 2014 4:08PM
  • Dusty5
    Dusty5
    ✭✭✭
    The long slow slide into the crapper has begun. Make room warcrap here we come.