The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wait so arenas PvP is confirmed?

• ularis
    ularis
    "I like open world ganking, battlegrounds, arena, rvr, they are all pvp in their own ways. You saw what leaderboards on trials did with the community...imagine 3v3...it would be even worst. ESO was not built to an E-sport.[/quote]"

No u are wrong they try make AvA and most of PVP players left the game , And Teso have potentian to be one of the best "E-Sport" game and please dont mistake PVP and AvA Zerging is not pure pvp, True PVP content is when u dont have any NPC in PVP zone , No more than 10 or 15 Players why ? because more = brainless Zerg + Afkers running behind zerg , No running 80% of time in PVP zone not fighting , i dont like that and this is main reason why i leave TESO Boring imitation of PVP very boring when u are focused only for PVP and u are not Casual . Rest of the game is great but as i tell earlier i dont like PVE .

Edited by ularis on June 13, 2014 4:48AM
  • philip.ploegerb16_ESO
    One of my best MMO-friends already left the game because the initial sayings were, that ESO won't have Arena-style-PvP.

I'm hoping that he's coming back from Wildstar if I tell him, that there will be "fair small-scale challenges where individual skill actually makes the difference" .
    Noricum

Thx to Giny, Sarana, Thaili, Derra, Cherahim, Gloy, Raweelz and Drimacus, you make the game worth playing even with AoE-caps, no usefull progression past Assault / Support Rank 10, and with PvP being not even close to balanced.

Chars: Sera - VR12 Templar (Heal / DPS) ||| Seraliah - VR12 Dragonknight (DPS / Tank)
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my best MMO-friends already left the game because the initial sayings were, that ESO won't have Arena-style-PvP.

I'm hoping that he's coming back from Wildstar if I tell him, that there will be "fair small-scale challenges where individual skill actually makes the difference" .

Why would you lie to your friend. Nowhere did they state that.
  • j_hobergb16_ESO
    j_hobergb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Please add small scale PvP to the game. This is the only reason why I tried Wildstar. Unfortunately the game was not to my liking at all, so I continued playing ESO because I enjoy the game. But small scale PvP would increase my enjoyment.
  • philip.ploegerb16_ESO
    Mablung wrote: »

You misunderstood the quotation marks.

Quotation marks don't always stand for something someone else said / wrote, but are also used for descriptive language.

"fair small-scale..." stands for my personal experience of having played Battlegrounds years over years now, it's perfectly ok if you think differently about them, but that then says something about you.
    Noricum

Thx to Giny, Sarana, Thaili, Derra, Cherahim, Gloy, Raweelz and Drimacus, you make the game worth playing even with AoE-caps, no usefull progression past Assault / Support Rank 10, and with PvP being not even close to balanced.

Chars: Sera - VR12 Templar (Heal / DPS) ||| Seraliah - VR12 Dragonknight (DPS / Tank)
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quotation marks don't always stand for something someone else said / wrote, but are also used for descriptive language.

"fair small-scale..." stands for my personal experience of having played Battlegrounds years over years now, it's perfectly ok if you think differently about them, but that then says something about you.

What does it say about me? Using quotations in type generally means you are quoting something specific, especially when used in the context of this thread. How you are defining it still does not change the fact that you would be lying to your friend because that is how you are defining it.
  • Adrastes
    Adrastes
    ✭✭✭
    wont be missing all the "hardcore" pvp crowd who is leaving. i think arenas is great idea instead of constant zergs or invisible gank squads hunting lonely players in cyrodiil.
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    More options for more people. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Because it's going to kill balance in every other area of the game. I really hope that they don't make any balance changes based on arena performance.

Therein lies the elephant in the room. If they start balancing classes based on arena performance then the ship has sunk.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    Everyone is aware that the 3v3 at E3 was just a demo for pvp not a demo for arena pvp right?

Those bothering to actually read what ZOS said I imagine yes.

It seems the main issue here is the arena history in mmos people are scared of. The impact of arena is greater in games with distinct server or smaller server pools. This pulls players away from open world, raid, dungeons, battlegrounds and other systems into yet another instanced queuing system.

ESO is a pure mega-server game. If arena is implemented across the entire population it would not impact shard balanced areas of the game very much at all. You would still see the same amount of players in shared area of the world. Some people freaking out do not realize this.

All that matters is how ZOS implements arena to work with the game (whenever this is done). It is not a matter of lore. Arena was/is a huge part within lore and game. The first game was called Arena and was about touring arenas and meeting city teams.

The main complaint from most here is based on the history of arena in mmos. This has NOTHING to do with TES. They can add it eventually in a way friendly to both lore and mechanics. If you do not want to play arena then don't.

I am happy when others are capable of expressing my thoughts
    ,in better words than I would. This is very insightful
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • philip.ploegerb16_ESO

What does it say about me? Using quotations in type generally means you are quoting something specific, especially when used in the context of this thread. How you are defining it still does not change the fact that you would be lying to your friend because that is how you are defining it.

If you'd say i. e. that "battlegrounds are completely unfair because the other overpowered classes own everything" it would say that you don't play an overpowered class -> probably Templar.

And definition of lie is basically "wrong information" . What do you personally think is wrong about the sentence "fair small-scale battles where skill matters" when battlegrounds are actually played by small groups that are often pre-made and that play the same or similar set-up, so that classes are ruled out completely and it's the actual players that matter?
    Noricum

• PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Adrastes wrote: »
    wont be missing all the "hardcore" pvp crowd who is leaving. i think arenas is great idea instead of constant zergs or invisible gank squads hunting lonely players in cyrodiil.
    To each his own. I'm sorry you and a bunch of other people are not able to grasp the concept of the pvp offered in teso. And no, i'm not going to explain it to you because sometimes just sometimes, these are words of wisdom:
    "Narrow arenas make for narrow minds".
    Edited by PF1901 on June 13, 2014 9:09AM
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PF1901 wrote: »
    To each his own. I'm sorry you and a bunch of other people are not able to grasp the concept of the pvp offered in teso. And no, i'm not going to explain it to you because sometimes just sometimes, these are words of wisdom:

Oh, joy of joys, now we are using words of wisdom. Let me add another ones: "Crowd mentality makes for narrow minds".
    Well, isn't that interesting. We are all narrow minded. I wonder what should we do now?
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

Oh, joy of joys, now we are using words of wisdom. Let me add another ones: "Crowd mentality makes for narrow minds".
    Well, isn't that interesting. We are all narrow minded. I wonder what should we do now?
    Don't take that wisdom bs too seriously - I played my share of arenas as well. And by the way: Arenas = crowd mentality.
    Edited by PF1901 on June 13, 2014 9:43AM
  • philip.ploegerb16_ESO
    Razzak wrote: »

We must buy iPhones! wisdom.com says iPhone is a requirement, if we want wisdom, we must buy iPhones ^^
    Noricum

• Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind if they add MOBA elements. But please make sure its short and sweet with no rewards. REWARDS ARE FOR THOSE WHO MARCH ON CYRODIIL
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    I don't mind if they add MOBA elements. But please make sure its short and sweet with no rewards. REWARDS ARE FOR THOSE WHO MARCH ON CYRODIIL

Perfectly fine with this, but their should be a leaderboard, everything in ESO has a leaderboard, PVE and AvA so Structured PVP should as well.

League of Legends has a rating system, playing ranked or unranked doesn't reward extra items, the satisfactions comes from climbing the ladder and getting your rank higher.

Personally I enjoy that rating system more then Cyrodill rating system that is more based on the amount of time you dumped into ESO, not really any actual skill.