Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many skills active at one time would you like?

• trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 Skills + 1 Ultimate - Wish there was just space for a little more...
    Having only 5 skills per bar is one of the reasons why the game combat is tactically so poor. I was skeptical when I started the game; I'm now 200% sure that more skills per bar is an absolute must for this game to work.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about having the utility at hand.

You need skills to deal damage with both magicka and stamina (unless you're purely magicka oriented, which seems to be what the devs want unfortunately), you need skills to deal with incoming damage, skills to control the enemy, skills for escape and survivability, and self sustaining abilities like heals or leeching.

An extra slot is needed, 6+1 would be perfect IMO. 5+1 just feels a little too limited, but at the same time I dont want 20-100 skill bar slots like other MMO's have.

Ultimately the biggest issue here is that a lot of abilities are toggled on or have very situational use, but if you dont have them on your bar you're going to suffer. That one extra skill slot would go a long way in helping players design their builds without feeling like they're spamming the same thing over and over again for 50(+10) levels.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain.
    5 normal skill slots (that can take anything except ultimates)
    1 TOGGLE slot (ONLY a "toggle" ability can be placed there)
    1 ultimate

5 skills should be enough for anyone, the problem is when you waste space with stupid "always ON" toggle things like Magelight, Bound Armor, Siphoning Strikes.. that by all means SHOULD HAVE BEEN PASSIVE, as there is no real downside to them (compared to Inferno), but instead are explicitly made active to waste one of your slots that could have instead been filled with a CC or a ultility spell of sorts.
    Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having only 5 skills per bar is one of the reasons why the game combat is tactically so poor. I was skeptical when I started the game; I'm now 200% sure that more skills per bar is an absolute must for this game to work.

Have to agree with this.
    Options
  • Laurelinde
    Having finally had a chance to play a bit more at higher levels (got my NB into VR levels at last), I went looking for this poll. I definitely would like another couple of skill slots. Dying and having to swap skills around once you see what you need to do isn't so awful, of course, but I'd prefer to have a few more tools to hand to try to adapt in the moment, rather than stopping every so often to completely retool my bars (and retrain my muscle memory accordingly). Particularly with toggle skills, I think another one or two would be great.

Stamina and magicka pools already cap how much you can use skills anyway, so it would just be a matter of adding more variety and flexibility, rather than an outright increase in power.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, but it seems to be for my partner, unfortunately.
    Bright-Marsh-Iris / Ebonheart Pact EU
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 skills + 2 Ultimates - Don't want to swap weapons to use them!
    i stumbled in another thread over a nice idea from someone else:

his suggestion was a slight modification of the current system of 2x 5+1 wich are in sum 12 ability slots
    to a system with 4 static slots perfect for toggle abilities, and reduction of redundant skill usage on both bars
    and a second 4 slot bar which is switchable by weapons swaps (still 12ability slots in total [4+2x4])
    (only one ultimate can be slotted at a time either on the switchable bar(2 in total+10skills) or on the static bar(1 total +11skills)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Skills + 1 Ultimate - Leave it as is!

I strongly disagree. The tactical aspect of combat lies in preparing your loadout appropriately; the decision of which skills to slot can be a tough one.

I don't think more slots is a good idea. I suspect that many who feel that the bars are too small feel that way because they feel like there are skills that HAVE to be slotted, which doesn't leave them much wiggle room. If you want more variety, why not simply experiment with skills you don't typically use?
    Options
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    10 skills + 2 Ultimates - Don't want to swap weapons to use them!
    Lynnessa wrote: »

I strongly disagree. The tactical aspect of combat lies in preparing your loadout appropriately; the decision of which skills to slot can be a tough one.

I don't think more slots is a good idea. I suspect that many who feel that the bars are too small feel that way because they feel like there are skills that HAVE to be slotted, which doesn't leave them much wiggle room. If you want more variety, why not simply experiment with skills you don't typically use?

I'll disagree with your disagreement. The number of times I've died because I didn't have skill X on my bar (when with 10 skills per bar I could have easily had it somewhere) are uncountable.

I am not playing Jason Bourne. I am not an amnesiac super spy who can only remember the things he can do sporadically to advance the story.
    Options