The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Memory Leak & Loading Screen Fix

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
The small patch that fixes the memory leak and infinite loading screen issue is now available for the North American megaserver. There is no downtime required. If you are currently in the game, please log out completely to apply the fixes.

This patch will be available on the European server in approximately 4-5 hours. Thank you all for your patience as we worked to fix these issues.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    The small patch that fixes the memory leak and infinite loading screen issue is now available for the North American megaserver. There is no downtime required. If you are currently in the game, please log out completely to apply the fixes.

This patch will be available on the European server in approximately 4-5 hours. Thank you all for your patience as we worked to fix these issues.

How about an unable to log in issue that's been happening for over 2 days now?? Some of your paying customers would like to play what they pay for.
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    thank you!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Asava - We have a few ongoing threads about the error 301 that some are encountering, and will be providing updates there as we get them. Here are a couple that we have been posting in:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101553/can-t-login-to-the-game-and-no-answer-from-customer-support/p6

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100856/error-code-301-3-1-1229-90098-since-crash-over-an-hour-ago#latest
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    @Asava - We have a few ongoing threads about the error 301 that some are encountering, and will be providing updates there as we get them. Here are a couple that we have been posting in:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101553/can-t-login-to-the-game-and-no-answer-from-customer-support/p6

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100856/error-code-301-3-1-1229-90098-since-crash-over-an-hour-ago#latest

I've been in those threads already and have been posting my ticket number in there as well.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FIXING THE MEM LEAK ISSUE SO FAST! YOU GUYS ROCK! ^_^
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you and, not that I don't trust the devs but... well, yeah, I don't trust them. And so is anyone game enough to enter a building in Cyrodiil and test this out? I was lucky to get out after nearly a day stuck in the loop last time I tried so I'm not exactly eager to venture in to, say, the armoury or inn to test it out.

I really want to knock off some of those Cyrodiil quests (or get knocked off trying to do them).
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    Great job! Thanks.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hooray! \o/
    Out of curiosity, why does it take so long for the EU to receive the patch?
    Edited by Lava_Croft on May 24, 2014 11:58PM
  • AlexDrago
    AlexDrago
    ✭✭✭
    Greate, thank you.
    If you have nothing to say say nothing ©
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭
    So you put out a fix for memory leak, and now I'm stuck logging in...no error, just an infinite load screen after I input my password with the audio going in and out. I'm going on 5 minutes during my third try.
    I love the game and appreciate the work that's gone into it, but why does every fix/patch break more than it actually fixes?

Edit: And I didn't have any memory leaks, as far as I knew, before this patch...
    Edit: Okay, I may have jumped the gun. After trying multiple things, it finally worked. I ended up removing all my add-ons from the add-on folder, nothing, and then changed settings to low, logged in, and then switched back to high. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, and I apologize for jumping to conclusions but with the way things have been going can you really blame me?
    Edited by elwhy on May 25, 2014 12:06AM
  • Hareth_Faehir
    Hareth_Faehir
    Soul Shriven
    So you put out a fix for memory leak, and now I'm stuck logging in...no error, just an infinite load screen after I input my password with the audio going in and out. I'm going on 5 minutes during my third try.
    I love the game and appreciate the work that's gone into it, but why does every fix/patch break more than it actually fixes?

Edit: And I didn't have any memory leaks, as far as I knew, before this patch...
    Same problem for me

• Myconid
    Myconid
    Soul Shriven
    I still have the same infinite loading screen till crash. Still no ticket answered almost 48 hours later.
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭

Same problem for me

Try what I did in my edit, remove all add-ons and set graphics to low, then after you're logged in and playing put everything back. It could be coincidence, or just time, but that worked for me.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works like a charm so far. :)
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Agerasia
    Agerasia
    Myconid wrote: »
    I still have the same infinite loading screen till crash. Still no ticket answered almost 48 hours later.

Don't feel bad. I have never got a response, aside from an automated email, for any tickets I have submitted.......

.......................Yeah.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome...great work..thanks!
  • Myconid
    Myconid
    Soul Shriven
    Agerasia wrote: »
    Myconid wrote: »

Don't feel bad. I have never got a response, aside from an automated email, for any tickets I have submitted.......

.......................Yeah.

That sucks *hug*
    Tried all the add-on removal and set all settings to low.
    Still no dice.
    Edited by Myconid on May 25, 2014 12:13AM
  • Crassius
    Crassius
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Hooray! \o/

Union rules on working time directives. After uploading a file a 4-5 hour rest period must be observed before any additional work starts.
    Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll...
    Everything I say is just my opinion. Like it or not - that's all it is.
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Hooray! \o/

Because we are little people
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the memory leak issue. I downloaded the patch and restarted the launcher. I have not attempted log-in but have instead been monitoring the launcher via task manager.
    I am pleased to say that the leak has been resolved as the launcher is now steady at 118-122MB RAM usage. Just confirming that the leak is fixed for me.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    My memory leak seems to be gone but now having very long loading screens.
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Is the memory leak issue related to the crash/rollback issue a ton of people are having?
  • Vortimere
    Vortimere
    Just double-checking but can someone confirm that the launcher version with this memory leak fix is version 1.3.5.964404 (click the gear cog, then About).
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    Just double-checking but can someone confirm that the launcher version with this memory leak fix is version 1.3.5.964404 (click the gear cog, then About).

Yes, verified.
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • δεμετρι22
    δεμετρι22
    Soul Shriven

CONFIRMED

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We completed pushing the patch to the European megaserver much earlier than anticipated. If you are currently playing on the European megaserver please completely exit the client and patch to get the fixes. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this the 50mb download? Because it failed for me.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! :grinning:
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • HerbZula
    HerbZula
    ✭✭
    Still not working. Stuck on the black screen still
  • FireKat
    FireKat
    The memory leak issue has been fixed for me (Thank you!)
    BUT, now I can't log in. After I enter my password I just get an infinite loading screen and never even make it to the character select. :/ Any suggestions?