The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can't login to the game and no answer from customer support!!!!

• Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    i got escalated to - let's see if this helps.
  • Unarmed
    Unarmed
    Soul Shriven
    Response By Email (Benjamin) (05/23/2014 04:01 PM)
    Greetings Adventurer,

Thank you very much for contacting us at The Elder Scrolls Online! First and foremost, I would like to apologize sincerely on the delay of a response toward your issue at hand. We are doing our best to make sure each and every one of our customer's are assisted and certainly did not forget about you!

I understand you are receiving the infamous error 301. After catching up on your troubleshooting steps you have done, I will try to work with you to get this resolved. I appreciate your patience. Try doing these steps, then I will have one more piece of information I will be asking you to send me.

Completely close the client
    Completely close the launcher
    Reopen the launcher
    Allow the launcher to patch completely. If the launcher does not automatically apply the patch, run the repair option. (Game options - Repair, tiny cogwheel above the News section on the launcher)

If this does not work for you, the next thing I will be asking for is a Game Consultant Report. Game Consultant is a specialized diagnostic tool designed to identify issues that may be affecting your Elder Scrolls Online play experience. It captures information that can be vital to troubleshooting any hardware, software or networking issues.
    Here is how to find and use it:

Click on the golden cog icon in the top right corner of the game launcher.
    Under SETTINGS - LAUNCHER, select the ABOUT tab. This tab includes the current launcher version, minimum specifications, and information about Game Consultant.
    Click the "Game Consultant" button beneath the tool description.
    A new window will pop up. When it does, click "Run Tests." This may take a few minutes.
    When the test is complete, a new window will pop up saying "Success!" The report saves itself as a text file called Report.txt in the My Documents folder.
    To retrieve the file, click the "Open Report Location" button on the Game Consultant window, or click "Open Report" to simply view it.

Please attach the report to this email as soon as possible so I can get a better understanding of what the underlying issue may be. If you happen to have any other questions, concerns, or issues, feel free to respond to this email at any time! We are always here for our players. Your feedback certainly matters to us!

Hope to see you in game soon!

My reply:
    The are a ton of people with this issue, look at the forums, it's server side not a user side issue which I think support is in denial of according to the emails others are getting. I think reinstalling the game twice as mentioned, running repair multiple times already covered those steps suggested, the patch has installed fine which is likely part of the issue, bad patch. I will attache the Game Consultant report, only thing I get from it is that it times out when pinging launcher which is obvious.

Once again the general cause of this is that people's games crashed and when they tried to log back in they get this issue. It is not a router port issue, has nothing to do with firewalls or anti-virus, reinstalling, repair, rebooting does not work. Addons are not the issue.
    "5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup"" + rest of the steps does not work.
    Running exe as admin from install dir makes no difference.
    Drivers are all up to date.
    Just some of the suggestions people have gotten from support that have not helped.

This is now day 3 of not being able to play on a holiday weekend, some sort of compensation would be nice for the days wasted trying to solve this.

As soon as the patch went live I launched and attempted to decon items at the crafting table, first item, game crashed. Launched and tried again, game crashed. Launched and went to another crafting table tried to refine some ore, game crashed. Launched game and have been locked out since getting either Time Out or 301 error, however 301 isn't really the right error which I think confused support.

This is my 3rd email from CS I also had CS call me which took 8hrs and of coarse he was first line support and he only knew what was in support database and said he would escalate to higher ups, hoping this last email was from them, but from the looks of it they aren't anywhere near fixing it, left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.
    Edited by Unarmed on May 24, 2014 9:16PM
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    l4m3r wrote: »
    Around 24 Hours bevore i make an Ticket ah Respond with things i allready tried in in came 3 hours later then nothing.
    You can just wait post your ticketnumber here and wait for fix from zenimax team its an account Proplem so they must fix it !

Ahh ... I sent ticket in almost 48 hrs ago now (140522-018872 ) only had the usual "looking into it", "try deleting this and that file", and my favorite "log in then log out."
    I've posted my ticket number before on a thread didn't get any responce but form someone who said they had the same problem yet their problem was to laggy ( not the same thing as can not log in stuck on loading screen before character select ).

Well hopefully it will work for us soon, and hope you enjoy your time in game :)
    Thanks for the info.
  • Joyeuse
    Joyeuse
    Soul Shriven
    Starting having the same issue yesterday while trying to install some Addons. Have since deleted all the addons, reinstalled, removed the documents\eso folder, reinstalled the launcher, repaired, performed a rain dance, etc. Still can't login.

Interesting to note though is that I CAN log into the EU server. So it would seem that I'm unable to connect to the NA server for some reason. My girlfriend on the same IP is able to connect and play on her account to NA. Nothing is blocked in my hosts file and I turned the firewall off too to test that.
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    @Joyeuse - Lucky ... I can't even get on EU either. Granted I don't want to play on a different server but it would have let me play till a fix was made.
  • squidgod2000b14_ESO
    Got a reply to my ticket after about 24 hours. Copy paste of "repair client, check for patches, etc."
  • Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    Just unsubscribe. They dont take their customers seriously. After all the issues theyve had and the subscription being the worst so far this takes the price in my opinion and they dont deserve subscribers. Move on to Wildstar instead :-)
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Leeta wrote: »
    Just unsubscribe. They dont take their customers seriously. After all the issues theyve had and the subscription being the worst so far this takes the price in my opinion and they dont deserve subscribers. Move on to Wildstar instead :-)

Oh hell no. I'm sticking with it, yes I have days down , days with out getting my mats from hirlings that don't stack in email. I'm still giving them a chance.
  • l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    Banumu wrote: »
    @Joyeuse - Lucky ... I can't even get on EU either. Granted I don't want to play on a different server but it would have let me play till a fix was made.

Try. to login on the Account Management site for some ppls i read it fix the bug now!
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Just got a 35 or so meg patch on the launcher.

Edit* still can't log in....
    Edited by Asava on May 24, 2014 10:24PM
  • earljones1018b14_ESO
    That patch did absolutely nothing for timing out errors
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^yup what was the point in that, why no update. grrrrr!!
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Woohoo a patch. Loads game, gets patch. Logs-in. Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading.Loading. etc.

Nope not fixed.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the 50m patch fixed the memory leak but not the log in issues.
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    I think something else might be a memory leak What about our keeping eye on thread keeping us updated on our problem.

Time will tell when we get our fix.
  • KestrelX
    KestrelX
    My husband and I woke up this morning to find both of our accounts suspended with no explanation. We don't bot, don't buy gold, have never attempted to exploit anything in game, don't even have a lot of gold. Heck I'm lvl 42 and still can't even afford to buy one of the other horses. Requests for customer support and/or a phone call back have gone unanswered. This is pretty ridiculous. The bots have done nothing to interfere with our gameplay, but Zenimax sure has!
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    KestrelX wrote: »
    My husband and I woke up this morning to find both of our accounts suspended with no explanation. We don't bot, don't buy gold, have never attempted to exploit anything in game, don't even have a lot of gold. Heck I'm lvl 42 and still can't even afford to buy one of the other horses. Requests for customer support and/or a phone call back have gone unanswered. This is pretty ridiculous. The bots have done nothing to interfere with our gameplay, but Zenimax sure has!

I'm sorry to hear this. :( This is how they loose a lot of customers, who like the game actually.
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    Having the same problem, have tried everything :(. My bros account logs in just fine on the same client, however my own does not. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that it is not clientside (Have Opened up a ticket).

Chances are the other routes they are giving you guys are just to keep you occupied while they are trying to work out the solution on their end.

Has anyone actually had this issue fixed?
    Edited by spiritwindb14_ESO on May 24, 2014 10:53PM
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Having the same problem, have tried everything :(. My bros account logs in just fine on the same client, however my own does not. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that it is clientside (Have Opened up a ticket).

Chances are the other routes they are giving you guys are just to keep you occupied while they are trying to work out the solution on their end.

I think your missing the word NOT

I think we all agree it's not client side and they need to fix account on server side.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't log into one of my characters. I get a very long loading screen and eventually a "an unknown error has occurred" message.

This patch has been a disaster. I have cancelled my account so I don't get charged again, and if I'm not impressed when my remaining time has expired, I will not be re-subscribing.
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    ^ Sure was :P.
  • apantoliani
    Having the same problem, have tried everything :(. My bros account logs in just fine on the same client, however my own does not. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that it is not clientside (Have Opened up a ticket).

I've seen ONE guy in all these threads (I've read probably at least 10 on here and fansites) say his 301 got fixed, but it might have been a legit 301 instead of whatever nonsense we have.
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    I've seen ONE guy in all these threads (I've read probably at least 10 on here and fansites) say his 301 got fixed, but it might have been a legit 301 instead of whatever nonsense we have.
    Yeah, saw that one too, but have also seen where there is another 301 error that is not related to our error going on - has a different end string.
    Hoping they get a fix soon, way to go Zenimax, releasing an update on Memorial Weekend.

Thanks to those techs that are working hard to get this fixed over the holiday though, much appreciated.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    Support is run by a bunch of CHOWDAH HEADS! They want us to do all this crap when it's server side. They will keep deflecting until the people that can work on this are back from their holiday weekend. Sorry everyone, while we waste time, our subscription keeps on going.
    Edited by Thorntongue on May 24, 2014 11:04PM
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    KestrelX wrote: »
    Chances are you did something to flip one of their automated systems (Which are really buggy at this point...). The lack of replies is most likely because its Memorial Weekend, which means there are more players, with less people working support. If you guys have done nothing wrong, then you should not have anything to worry about. If and when they do unban your accounts, if you havent already requested, and they don't outright offer, be sure and ask for a time code for the time you were unable to get on.

Hopefully they get these things sorted out soon. Its to be expected not long after release; I was just hopeful that with as much beta time as they had; these problems would not be as prevalent.
  • oldschoolgamer
    oldschoolgamer
    Soul Shriven
    If you can't log in and got the black screen problem, check out this page for a fix:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/102405/working-fix-for-black-screen#latest

Worked for me and now I can play again, for the first time since installing patch 1.1.2.
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    Support is run by a bunch of CHOWDAH HEADS! They want us to do all this crap when it's server side. They will keep deflecting until the people that can work on this are back from their holiday weekend. Sorry everyone, while we waste time, our subscription keeps on going.
    That is the way it is with any corporate customer support. Instead of saying "We have no clue what is actually going on, please wait while our Techs work out the problem and get a fix live." they instead give you the runaround, having you do simple fixes for problems that you are not suffering. It buys you time, and generally makes you think that they are doing their best to help. Most people must be happy with this, as its something they've been doing for years, and have never outright told their customers that there is nothing that can be done at the moment but wait.
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Replace this line:
    Command: "SET RequestedNumThreads "0"

With these two instead:
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

Did not work for me.

Edit: Then again I did not have the black screen problem. Most of our problems in this thread is log in issues.
    Edited by Banumu on May 24, 2014 11:14PM
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    In the meantime, you guys can watch the Blue Screen of the International Space Station and also know that Nasa Techs are enjoying their Memorial Vacations :).
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
    -- Oh Wait, they've already fixed the problem, maybe not.
    Edited by spiritwindb14_ESO on May 24, 2014 11:19PM
  • Drachenmutter
    Drachenmutter
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

did you tried this out, to go on the account page and look there if your Game is still activated or if ESO needs a new agreement from you!?