The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Memory Leak & Loading Screen Fix

• isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The music also cuts in and out on the infinite loading screen. I'm getting it too, first try logging in since the fix; tried with and without the launcher. Still have the loading screen going.

Edit: Just got in, took about five minutes at the loading screen to get to the character select, things seem fine for the moment.

Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on May 25, 2014 2:21AM
  • avalonarcana
    I haven't been able to log in for over an hour now with my NB. Decided to try my Templar and the game loaded right away so I thought ok maybe it's fixed now. Went back to load my NB and got nothing but a long loading screen which kicked me back out with an "Unknown Error" Guess I'll be playing my Templar tonight O_o
  • FireKat
    FireKat
    The music also cuts in and out on the infinite loading screen. I'm getting it too, first try logging in since the fix; tried with and without the launcher. Still have the loading screen going.

Edit: Just got in, took about five minutes at the loading screen to get to the character select, things seem fine for the moment.

Yeah the music usually plays for me on the login screen and loading screen, but there is no music at all. I guess I will try just letting it sit on the loading screen for as long as it takes lol thank you.

EDIT:I actually got to character select in a normal amount of time by not using the launcher. How strange!
    Edited by FireKat on May 25, 2014 2:31AM
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    Music off and on while on loading screen too
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, music goes off and on, but that is trivial unless it causes something else.

Gotta say, ya'll break stuff an awful lot, but you also get on top of things and come up with fixes fast too. Keep it up and you might convince me to give you more money in 72 days.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
  • wolfe26ub17_ESO
    or me to cancel before my subscription renews because the patch original patch won't install
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, music goes off and on, but that is trivial unless it causes something else.

Gotta say, ya'll break stuff an awful lot, but you also get on top of things and come up with fixes fast too. Keep it up and you might convince me to give you more money in 72 days.

I figured the music might be a symptom, and wasn't sure if anyone had mentioned it or noticed it.

Still running ok, in windowed fullscreen mode.
  • eshellon
    eshellon
    Thank you! Problem solved. Game on
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Asava - We have a few ongoing threads about the error 301 that some are encountering, and will be providing updates there as we get them. Here are a couple that we have been posting in:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101553/can-t-login-to-the-game-and-no-answer-from-customer-support/p6

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100856/error-code-301-3-1-1229-90098-since-crash-over-an-hour-ago#latest

Thank you for posting these. I was unaware that there were threads about them, or that anyone else was receiving the problem, and was beginning to get overly frustrated. I'm glad to know that it's (hopefully) being worked on. :) I've posted my ticket info in each as well. I've been locked out for 48+ hours due to this bug and have tried all of the suggested fixes in my ticket-response e-mail.

Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a bunch for this, especially on a Saturday.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    After hitting the play button I get a black screen and the game stops responding. I have tried all the fixes listed, hitting repair, re-installing the game, re-installing drivers, changing setting in UserSetting.txt, changing full screen settings to windowed, managing the NVidia settings -maximum performance, trying default user settings files, compatibility modes, runs as admin, uninstalled flash player, disabled firewall and anti-virus, you name it. Cannot get the game to go past the black screen - client stops responding (no sound) and I have to use task manager to cancel. I even swapped from a NVidia card to an ATI card. I have tried launching in different ways ESOLauncher, disabling intro settings. This needs to GET FIXED, every single patch I have had login issues after the first patch it was the greyed out play button. At this point it is getting kinda ridiculous... I would like to play the game I am paying for.....The only response I have gotten in two days is Locate the line starting SET FULLSCREEN_v5 - it will be set to SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "2", Change this to SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "1" and save the file Restart the launcher and hit Play. This was the very first step I tried, nothing is working....
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how they ninja-patch things not listed. There was a Foundry Tactical Combat add-on update recently released that shows other people's DPS. The patch completely broke it. I know ZOS has something against people seeing other people's DPS, but seriously? At least put it in the patch notes. lol
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking care of this now how about the stop button being next
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_jessicaFolsom

What exactly did this patch do? (Patch notes?)

It's great that you guys fixed these game-breaking problems so fast. But what about ALL the other issues, when can we expect fixes for all that stuff???

:/
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Patch didn't work for the log in non-stop loading screen before character select.

5-22 I have sent ticket. Been waiting on answer.
    5-23 Send another ticket. Get shuffled around CS. We will reply to you shortly ( 400pm pst).
    5-24 Still no answer.Resend my reply. Read on boards they will get back to others with same problem in thread. Never get back to us. No answer. 11pm PST still nothing.
  • FireKat
    FireKat
    Banumu wrote: »
    Patch didn't work for the log in non-stop loading screen before character select.

5-22 I have sent ticket. Been waiting on answer.
    5-23 Send another ticket. Get shuffled around CS. We will reply to you shortly ( 400pm pst).
    5-24 Still no answer.Resend my reply. Read on boards they will get back to others with same problem in thread. Never get back to us. No answer. 11pm PST still nothing.

I had the same problem. It started after the patch was put out. Try starting the game without using the launcher (worked for me). Or someone else said that it does EVENTUALLY load character select if you let it sit there for several minutes.
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the advise but.
    I did that. I even went out side and had a smoke. Still didn't work. Tried EU. Didn't work. Reinstalls. Repairs. Logged my wifes account in worked. Mine on her machine didn't work. It's an account thing. :(
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It fixed my memory issue and the frame rate spikes(for the most part) Good job!

It looks like you guys rolled back the graphic enhancements you did with the last patch, taking it back to the drawing board to better optimize them or what?
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 25, 2014 7:11AM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • winterwolfwitchneb18_ESO
    Has this been rolled out on the EU server yet?
    This nearly killed my PC. After having to do a couple of hard resets because the memory (yes, I have an older PC with only 4GB memory) completely maxed out and froze the PC up, it just wouldn't boot up any more.
    It just sat there with fans running full pelt.
    I eventually had the bright idea to swap the DDR2 slots around and it booted up with a fatal "Warning!!!! The previous performance of overclocking is failed and the system restored to default settings.." Good thing I'm a hoarder and still had a PS/2 keyboard knocking about, so was able to get in that way. I have been scared to try and load ESO however... :(

EDIT: I can see the patch downloading in the launcher, so I guess it was rolled out... I'm going in.. wish me luck!
    Edited by winterwolfwitchneb18_ESO on May 25, 2014 7:36AM

Arcana| Altmer Sorcerer (DC/DD)
    Lycana Wolfborn| Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (EP/DD)
    Pyra Ignata | Dunmer DragonKnight (DC/DD)
    La'rra Khargarvi | Khajiit Nightblade (EP/DD)
    Wolfwitch Bloodmoon| Breton Templar (DC/Healer)

• RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mrtask23 I hate to ask, but have you tried a repair?
    @winterwolfwitchneb18_ESO is it necessary for you to overclock? That could be an issue in the future.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running smoothly for me so far on the EU server. However, I chose not to play over the last couple of days rather than risk long-term problems with crashes etc so I don't know how the game would have been performing for me before the fix.

One question for the more technically savvy guys here please. What's the practical difference between the windowed fullscreen mode I've been playing in and the newly available fullscreen exclusive mode?
    Edited by Tandor on May 25, 2014 8:11AM
  • cobretti
    cobretti
    Soul Shriven
    MY GOD the problem still exists has not been corrected
    Edited by cobretti on May 25, 2014 9:50AM
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing, I didn't have the infinite loading screen issue until it was fixed. Now I got it :joy:
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night I was able to play from 7 PM until 11 PM without any problems. Now, most of it was spent standing around RPing BUT when I had tried doing just that on Thursday I still crashed. So... looks good :)

I don't know if the memory leak is completely gone or not, as I was running memcleaner just to be on the safe side, but if it isn't gone, it's such a slow trickle that my 32bit 4 GIG doesn't even notice.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ariane wrote: »
    Funny thing, I didn't have the infinite loading screen issue until it was fixed. Now I got it :joy:

same thing here. yesterday evening everything was fine, but after the fix downloaded today I got the long loading screen and memory leak :(
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just now I logged out of a character and was logging in with another one, but was stuck in an infinite loading screen, so I alt+F4'd out of the game. There was a Windows system message telling me that the computer was running out of memory and advising me to close ESO. This was a first for me. Windows 8/64 bit.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reasonably fast response to this issue.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭
    Ive got 32gb ram and it was weird watching mem usage meter on other monitor getting near that amount after long play sessions lol
  • Omyz
    Omyz
    ✭✭
    thank you so much
  • nerrollus
    nerrollus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still getting random disconnects and rollbacks.

Ragnarok Blackfist - Templar of the Ebonheart Pact
    Ronin Wanderhome - Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact