The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Memory Leak & Loading Screen Fix

• Tilluan
    Tilluan
    HerbZula wrote: »
    Still not working. Stuck on the black screen still

I have still the black screen problem after hitting the play button in the launcher too. The recent patch does not resolve the problem.
  • ewglennyub17_ESO2
    ewglennyub17_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    FireKat wrote: »
    The memory leak issue has been fixed for me (Thank you!)
    BUT, now I can't log in. After I enter my password I just get an infinite loading screen and never even make it to the character select. :/ Any suggestions?

Open a ticket.

I have two incidents open:

140524-031606 - Original
    140524-036341 - Opened because I got no response to the original but I had new information that I would have liked to add to the original case but could not find a way to.

Well what I have concluded this is server side. Why my son and I both have accounts.

I did all the things CS was saying to do reinstall, etc.

What I did also though was test both accounts.

My son's account - Can login into website, EU and NA servers no issues.
    My account - Can login into website and EU server, but not the NA server.

Why would this be my firewall, my router, my ISP, my ESO client, my video card, my PC?

It is not. This is an issue on the NA server for me.

2 weeks left on my sub. Would like to at least get to play during the time I paid for.

Also got a response to my original incident 18 hours after I submitted the second one which I was contacted on about 12 hours later.
  • annamadnally
    annamadnally
    Soul Shriven
    memory leak issue fixed but still stuck on the loading screen after logging in!!
  • annamadnally
    annamadnally
    Soul Shriven
    how do you start up the game without using the launcher?
  • benb16_ESO15
    Confirmed, infinite loading screen issue in Deshaan has been fixed. It's only cost me 2 days of playing time, and 200 gold for repairs, but what the hey!
  • Ishindar
    Ishindar
    Soul Shriven
    After the memory leak fix, I had no issues whatsoever. Thanks for the quick fix.
  • Frenzypanda
    Frenzypanda
    ✭✭
    I still have some disconnects but the leak has stopped. Alt tab still cause my xfire gpus to roar though.
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to log in for over an hour now with my NB. Decided to try my Templar and the game loaded right away so I thought ok maybe it's fixed now. Went back to load my NB and got nothing but a long loading screen which kicked me back out with an "Unknown Error" Guess I'll be playing my Templar tonight O_o

Same issue here. I was playing my Sorcerer this morning and a few minutes in, the game started stuttering wildly. I quit out to reboot, without thinking twice.

Then I couldn't log in as her. Tried many times, long load screens, then kicked back to login with "Unknown Error". My other alts (thus far) work fine. :/
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Pipsissiwa
    Pipsissiwa
    ✭✭
    Mem leak after original update all did very nasty things to my laptop, which before the patch ran the game beautifully (a pleasant surprise :D ). Thankfully the patch seems to have fixed the really bad stuff: from 5+ mins of loading screen while walking across a room in a small house and an fps of about 0.4 at best, to an inability to quit the game and extensive machine lock-ups and even rebooting problems.

Thankfully, for me at least, the patch seems to have fixed all that and the game runs mostly as before. Occassional disconnects, lag spikes, and 'zone-to-login' moments but at least my machine itself is happy and stable again.

Glad they dealt with this so quickly - was very frustrated that I had just paid my first monthly sub after original pre-order purchase and suddenly couldn't play anymore - I too was scared to risk running the game after the issues I had with my hardware as a result of the leak. Only risked it thanks to happy voices on these forums!

Haven't hit any account/login issues 'yet'- crossing my fingers that it stays that way. Hope those still having problems get sorted soon - feel for you!
  • Themotherpotato
    This will fix the mem Leak http://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/ <3
  • δεμετρι22
    δεμετρι22
    Soul Shriven
    The last small patch fixed the memory leak for me.
    I noticed improved fps but longer loading screens too.
    The game runs smoothly at last.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I advise people to be very wary of third party software from unknown websites. If you are going to use something like a memory management application get it from a recognised site that you have used before.
  • avalonarcana
    ShinChuck wrote: »

Same issue here. I was playing my Sorcerer this morning and a few minutes in, the game started stuttering wildly. I quit out to reboot, without thinking twice.

Then I couldn't log in as her. Tried many times, long load screens, then kicked back to login with "Unknown Error". My other alts (thus far) work fine. :/

I sent a ticket last night and the response I got this morning was to lower my security disable my firewall, add a bunch of forward points and clear cache. Against my better judgement I did all the things they asked me to do and I still can't load my main char. First, in today's world asking someone to lower security or disable firewalls is CRAZY! Second, if this was on my end I shouldn't be able to play ANY of my chars.

• theyamisnamedpam
    theyamisnamedpam
    Soul Shriven
    I'm still having the memory leak problem after that small patch. I can only play about 20-30 minutes before the game freezes, locks up my computer, and I have to do a hard restart.
    Before the patch a few days ago I never had this problem at all and the game ran fine for me.
    This is so frustrating!
  • Pipsissiwa
    Pipsissiwa
    ✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »

I sent a ticket last night and the response I got this morning was to lower my security disable my firewall, add a bunch of forward points and clear cache. Against my better judgement I did all the things they asked me to do and I still can't load my main char. First, in today's world asking someone to lower security or disable firewalls is CRAZY! Second, if this was on my end I shouldn't be able to play ANY of my chars.

Don't know if this is helpful, but the only time I've had that happen (and it was exactly the same as you seem to be getting) was during beta and I logged a character out in Cyrodiil, and when I tried to play her again Cyrodiil was offline (which I didn't realise at the time) and I kept timing out with unknown error. My other toons all loaded fine.

Not sure why one of your toons would be in an offline zone tho, but maybe the game is confused as to where they are in the world for some reason/bug and can't load the zone data properly? Maybe ask to have your toon moved somewhere else and see if that helps - they can do it, they moved mine from Cyrodiil.

Good luck!
  • avalonarcana
    Pipsissiwa wrote: »

Don't know if this is helpful, but the only time I've had that happen (and it was exactly the same as you seem to be getting) was during beta and I logged a character out in Cyrodiil, and when I tried to play her again Cyrodiil was offline (which I didn't realise at the time) and I kept timing out with unknown error. My other toons all loaded fine.

Not sure why one of your toons would be in an offline zone tho, but maybe the game is confused as to where they are in the world for some reason/bug and can't load the zone data properly? Maybe ask to have your toon moved somewhere else and see if that helps - they can do it, they moved mine from Cyrodiil.

Good luck![/quote]

Thanks, I think I will respond to their email and ask them to move my char. I was in a dungeon that myself and 3 others were fighting some really bad lag in when I got kicked out. Since then I've not been able to load her.

• khaza
    khaza
    ✭✭
    When I had the problem with infinite loading screen I turned down gfx settings to medium and got in.
    Member of Ginnunga since 2001.

www.ginnunga.org
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the suggestions, no luck. Submitted a ticket a while ago, no luck.

Hopefully this system restart thing will fix it!
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • cobretti
    cobretti
    Soul Shriven
    People start to get tired of all these problems, solve them, or you start to see all go away. And I start to think to block my renewal.
    It is not normal that it should quit the game every 30-60 minutes to replace the problem of ram and fps
    Edited by cobretti on May 28, 2014 8:55AM
  • david4pdx_ESO
    david4pdx_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have only been able to play for 3 weeks out of the two months that I've had the game. I love the game environment that has been provided, but as far as I remember, every mmo that comes out right away usually has work that needs to be done. ESO is one of the few that I am willing to be patient for and I have always been given time back for time that I couldn't play. I hope that you guys, the ones posting here, have been able to play more than I have, but I am not going to complain.
  • dc1509
    dc1509
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Hooray! \o/
    This patch will be available on the European server in approximately 4-5 hours. Thank you all for your patience as we worked to fix these issues.
    Out of curiosity, why does it take so long for the EU to receive the patch?

They are sending the flash drive with the patch on it to the EU datacenter... , oh wait, there is no EU datacenter !!! WTH ?
    truth is born in disputes
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    my vet10 NB is now bugged in bangkorai and can't load into the map juts unlimited loading screen all because of this patch
    :/
    Dunmer Master Race