The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

SERVER DOWN?

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we currently have taken down access to PTS. We encountered an issue with PTS once the server went live. This has also caused an issue with the PC NA live server, so we will be temporarily taking down the PC NA live server as well. Once we have more information, we will update everyone. Thanks for your patience as we begin investigations.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 15, 2024 6:42PM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server#latest
    Edited by Desiato on April 15, 2024 10:44PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very odd, usually they give you 15 mins to vacate the server before blowing it up

...and there's no notice banner in the forums? Almost seems like a panic shutdown. Must've been pretty bad.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on April 15, 2024 10:47PM
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
    Options
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭
    Yeah there was a problem like everything you did on pts was copied 1 to 1 to the NA live server. I think it will took awhile to fix this
    Options
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »

Thank you for this information, it has helped out a lot.
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    very odd, usually they give you 15 mins to vacate the server before blowing it up

At least a 15 second countdown so you can park your toon in a safe place.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »

At least a 15 second countdown so you can park your toon in a safe place.

If there is a rollback coming, it doesn't matter where you park your toon.
    Options
  • fireshine6623
    fireshine6623
    ✭✭✭
    I just opened a thread on this too, and there's now a pinned post that they're taking down the PTS and PC/NA. New threads and an official post in the 30 seconds it took me to type mine lol.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

...and there's no notice banner in the forums? Almost seems like a panic shutdown. Must've been pretty bad.

Apparently PTS characters with billions of gold were being copied to the live PC/NA server, so that is definitely very bad
    Options
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rollbacks in Cyrodiil and players losing items - 2 business days to shut down the servers

Players gaining things because of a server error - panic button

Typical.
    Options
  • trittnerxx
    trittnerxx
    ✭✭
    this game is just a joke anymore
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nope. its in the same place it has always been.

:#
    Options
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Seems they did warn us, just not in game. But it's not a crash! We are, after all, not entitled to play on PC/NA. Says so, right on the screen.

I wait with 'bated breath to see how much credit I I will retain towards weekly endeavors (I was at 6x of 7x thieves troves).
    Options
  • fireshine6623
    fireshine6623
    ✭✭✭
    No matter what happened I love eso, wouldn't have played for 7 years (and wouldn't recommend it to others like I always do). Thank you all @staff for your help with this-- Mods, Gina, Kevin, and everyone else... And for putting up with us in the forums when there's a problem :smiley:
    Options
  • Bluepetunia
    Bluepetunia
    ✭✭✭
    No need to panic, relax, get up out of your chair........

Take a shower
    Eat something besides microwaved food
    Go brush your teeth
    Walk the dog
    Spend time with spouse, kids, Mom, Dad (at least let them know you are still among the living)

Maybe put on some sunglasses and venture outside. I promise no dragons, werewolves, harpy's (well maybe the wife........j/k), vampires will get you'
    Options
  • SueGale
    SueGale
    ✭✭
    It's not just that toons from PTS were transferred over to live with all that cash.. players report that when they deleted copied toons on PTS, that same character on live was also deleted. :(
    Options
  • DrOctopu5
    DrOctopu5
    Soul Shriven
    HAPPY BANNIVERSARY EVERYONE
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Everyone, just popping in to let you know we are working on things and will update as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take a shower
    Go brush your teeth
    Walk the dog
    Spend time with spouse, kids, Mom, Dad (at least let them know you are still among the living)

Maybe put on some sunglasses and venture outside. I promise no dragons, werewolves, harpy's (well maybe the wife........j/k), vampires will get you'

That is assuming that we spend every second of our day at our computers and never interact with other people, or take care of our hygeine, or get fresh air, or eat healthy. That is not a fair assessment.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 15, 2024 11:27PM
    PCNA
    Options
  • ragnarok6644b14_ESO

Take a shower
    Go brush your teeth
    Walk the dog

That is assuming that we spend every second of our day at our computers and never interact with other people, or take care of our hygeine, or get fresh air, or eat healthy. That is not a fair assessment.

Yeah, I love posts like this.

I've already done all of those things because I got them out of the way (except time with the spouse) so I could set aside time on ESO tonight.

And my time on ESO is playing alongside the spouse! lol. Now we're both disappointed.

THAT SAID
    I appreciate the dilemma ZOS find themselves in and trust for a rapid, actionable solution to be implemented as soon as they are able.
    Edited by ragnarok6644b14_ESO on April 15, 2024 11:31PM
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm offering hugs to @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Kevin, and all of the database staff who don't have time to hang out at the forums. It's going to be a long night for everyone.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious as to why the pts server going live affected the live server.
    They should be completely separate with no intermingling.
    Options
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, my wife and me agreed i had one hour for ESO before I had real life obligations to do. I was fine with this, however ESO going down gave me 20 minutes or so. Still it is just a game, so I can have a what ever moment. I just don't know what is rolled back, missed, or something.

While real life is more important, I wonder why it is, that exploiters of PTS can so quickly game the live server. It almost seems as if they knew this could occur.

In real life, the new Fallout show is on, as is Daily Bread, so I will spend time watching them with my wife, and a home made Tart Cherry Cyser.

Enjoy!
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
    Options
  • ZoeliTintanie
    ZoeliTintanie
    ✭✭✭

Take a shower
    Go brush your teeth
    Walk the dog

Hey hey hey there mister, don't you go around paintin' them house goblins in such a bad light.Sometimes, we all need a little house-goblin time to get back on track.

Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was just in an endless screen trying to get out of Cyro on PCEU.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on April 15, 2024 11:32PM
    Options
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can just imagine Gina as the PR person getting the initial phone call about this. "You did WHAT!?"
    Options
  • averyfarmanb14_ESO
    averyfarmanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Heh. Another "happy" anniversary. "I don't always test, but, when I do... I don't."
    Options
  • HeavyMetalHippie420
    I'm wondering if the rollbacks will impact people who don't use the pts servers.
    HeavyMetalHippie420
    Options
  • ragnarok6644b14_ESO
    Jimbru wrote: »
    I can just imagine Gina as the PR person getting the initial phone call about this. "You did WHAT!?"

"Well, you said 'Make the PTS live... so I did!"
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Take a shower
    Go brush your teeth
    Walk the dog

Thanks for posting your personal to-do list on the forums so that we could read it while the servers were down. I love seeing people who become self-motivated during times like these. Don't worry, you can do it-we're all cheering for you!
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options