The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magicka Sorcerer PvP Domination!

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night, I entered a BG with my max mag sorc with Crafty Alfiq, Wretched Vitality, Asylum Lightning staff, and Death Dealer’s. Pretty standard loadout, other than the staff, I’d say. I get up to about 53k Magicka, and I know that’s overkill but I wanted to try it out for a bit.

The result? I’ve literally never gotten more than 15 kills in a BG in the entire four years I’ve been playing ESO, but in this BG, I doubled that number on a magsorc with 31 kills. Hardened Ward made me damn near immortal. I only died when a NB hit me with a lucky gank twice.

Again, I’m an intermediate player. And I survived multiple 1vX situations with just Ward and Streak, only to come back and delete people.

The worst part? It isn’t even a finished build. None of the gear is gold. I’m not a vampire with Undeath. I don’t have the Bastion CP, nor do I have any defensive blue CP yet because I’m only at CP level 728. Hell, I don’t even have Major Resolve on this build. And I was shrugging off damage like Superman in a gunfight.

By the way, there was another Magsorc on my team who ended the match with 34 kills. We virtually carried the whole match.

I love Magsorc. It’s my favorite thing to play in ESO and I’m going to continue to play it. But I’m not blind. Hardened Ward absolutely needs some kind of adjustment.

This sounds like what happens any time I go into BGs with a character that's a lower MMR than my main. Is your "max mag sorc" the same character you normally play?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love Magsorc. It’s my favorite thing to play in ESO and I’m going to continue to play it. But I’m not blind. Hardened Ward absolutely needs some kind of adjustment.
    Very much appreciate this post. Everyone would do well to go back and read #145.

One single skill is enabling players to go from a decently competitive 15 BGs kills to a 30+ unkillable god. NB spectral bow doesn't do that. Arc shields don't do that. Corrosive Armor never did that. Master DW never did that. Sloads never did that. Viper Tremor never did that. I don't recall any of the "meta trash carried by whatever" or "omg tanks that do damage" type stuff ever doing anything near what the current iteration of Hardened Ward is enabling on its own.

It's even stronger than the original version of the skill, which itself was so powerful (and hated by players) that ZOS was going to add a full one second cast time to balance it. They instead settled on the scaling and duration nerfs, which when compounded with various stat pool nerfs, ended up deleting shield magsorcs from the meta for years anyway.

If you care about Sorc, I'd advocate a reasonable Ward nerf before the entire class gets nuked again. And somehow we still don't have the major crit chance buff on a class skill, the only buff that PvP Sorc really needed. Hey, maybe we could replace the idiotic burst heal on Ward with Major Savagery...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very much appreciate this post. Everyone would do well to go back and read #145.

One single skill is enabling players to go from a decently competitive 15 BGs kills to a 30+ unkillable god. NB spectral bow doesn't do that. Arc shields don't do that. Corrosive Armor never did that. Master DW never did that. Sloads never did that. Viper Tremor never did that. I don't recall any of the "meta trash carried by whatever" or "omg tanks that do damage" type stuff ever doing anything near what the current iteration of Hardened Ward is enabling on its own.

It's even stronger than the original version of the skill, which itself was so powerful (and hated by players) that ZOS was going to add a full one second cast time to balance it. They instead settled on the scaling and duration nerfs, which when compounded with various stat pool nerfs, ended up deleting shield magsorcs from the meta for years anyway.

If you care about Sorc, I'd advocate a reasonable Ward nerf before the entire class gets nuked again. And somehow we still don't have the major crit chance buff on a class skill, the only buff that PvP Sorc really needed. Hey, maybe we could replace the idiotic burst heal on Ward with Major Savagery...

There's no doubt whatsoever that the ward buff makes sorc harder to kill and gives a player more chances to get kills or kill steal.

But as I've said before on reports when people talk about unkillable or how they are getting all these kills now, I take that with a grain of salt. Not saying it's not true but there's a difference say in a bg between being up against low mmr players and being on a team where they are setting you up for the kills and making it so that you are harder to kill when around them because of heals or offense.

I'm all for adjusting this thing in the same way I am for adjusting all burst heals. If I could ask something it would be let's adjust them all at the same time then.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »
    Going to preface this by saying I was just doing a cursory look for new videos on eso pvp to see some open world sorc actions and responses. In any case while I don't think 1v1 balance is a relevant thing I did find a video that shed some light on just how sorc fights can go back and forth even with this new buff. Shout out to @StaticWave, didn't expect to see you at the 7 minute mark but I guess it makes sense given how much you share about dueling. In any case I'm adding the description here because I think it's a worthy read based on the topic.

Seems like it can die in a 1v1 just depending on who's on the other end and it didn't end in a stalemate as much as it might have seemed it would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvchvr-ON5w

First an foremost this is not a "clipped" video. This video is to highlight Magsorc in a light it hasn't been in for years.

First Fight is with @kpree . After Beating Kpree once, we dueled 2 more times and he beat me both times.

Second fight is with @ReactFaster . We dueled again and stalemated after 30 minutes.

Third Fight is with Carleta, not sure if DK is going to do anything to Mag Sorc This Patch.

Fourth Fight is with Desiral, Desiral after this duel we traded with each other about 8 more times. Desiral is running a glass cannon bowsorc and the duels go by very quickly. Desiral won most the duels we did together.

Fifth fight is with Pietrolax. After beating him twice, he was able to land a 500 meteor balorgh combo and get me in the third fight.

6th fight Katano, only fought once. Great player have traded duels over the years.

7th fight and 8th, is Nanncy and Gulmar. Nanncy beat me in a duel in ic, so i had to get some revenge. Runs a very strong no proc necro. Gulmar loses on his dk in this duel, but never loses on his warden.

9th fight is my man Crowley, we traded a few duels, he helped me prepare my update 41 build with alot of testing.

10th fight is with wildgopher, great player, but was on a stam sorc that he never plays. I think he said this was his first day playing the stam sorc, and he did crazy dmg.

11th and 12th, not much to say here. Zirtun and Trix duels.

13th KDMS dueled and I beat him twice, and he beat me twice.

14th with Carnido, not much to say here. We dueled twice, he won one, I won one.

15th Jc a great Sorc vs Sorc action.

16th, Static, well Static shows his personality in the video so just watch.

And yes, you should not expose people. I could exposed some streamers as well, running away avoiding me, call some friends and zerging me. But I don't think exposing is a good behavior to have.

I don't really believe in exposing as much as I do ZOS' policy of no naming and shaming. This to me was just a video about dueling and the original poster didn't seem to be toxic but more just having fun and giving an honest recounting of his experience.

His language about personality can be taken different ways but in the video he was just dissatisfied with the perceived lack of sportsmanship which I can understand to some degree as I do wish people sometimes had better attitudes overall in this game.

Or maybe he took it personal lol. Ever since patch dropped I’ve been complaining about magsorc, regardless of who I dueled.

Guy definitely got an ego for no reason. Didn’t even show the clips where I one shotted him this patch lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Going to preface this by saying I was just doing a cursory look for new videos on eso pvp to see some open world sorc actions and responses. In any case while I don't think 1v1 balance is a relevant thing I did find a video that shed some light on just how sorc fights can go back and forth even with this new buff. Shout out to @StaticWave, didn't expect to see you at the 7 minute mark but I guess it makes sense given how much you share about dueling. In any case I'm adding the description here because I think it's a worthy read based on the topic.

Seems like it can die in a 1v1 just depending on who's on the other end and it didn't end in a stalemate as much as it might have seemed it would.

First an foremost this is not a "clipped" video. This video is to highlight Magsorc in a light it hasn't been in for years.

First Fight is with @kpree . After Beating Kpree once, we dueled 2 more times and he beat me both times.

Second fight is with @ReactFaster . We dueled again and stalemated after 30 minutes.

Third Fight is with Carleta, not sure if DK is going to do anything to Mag Sorc This Patch.

Fourth Fight is with Desiral, Desiral after this duel we traded with each other about 8 more times. Desiral is running a glass cannon bowsorc and the duels go by very quickly. Desiral won most the duels we did together.

Fifth fight is with Pietrolax. After beating him twice, he was able to land a 500 meteor balorgh combo and get me in the third fight.

6th fight Katano, only fought once. Great player have traded duels over the years.

7th fight and 8th, is Nanncy and Gulmar. Nanncy beat me in a duel in ic, so i had to get some revenge. Runs a very strong no proc necro. Gulmar loses on his dk in this duel, but never loses on his warden.

9th fight is my man Crowley, we traded a few duels, he helped me prepare my update 41 build with alot of testing.

10th fight is with wildgopher, great player, but was on a stam sorc that he never plays. I think he said this was his first day playing the stam sorc, and he did crazy dmg.

14th with Carnido, not much to say here. We dueled twice, he won one, I won one.

And yes, you should not expose people. I could exposed some streamers as well, running away avoiding me, call some friends and zerging me. But I don't think exposing is a good behavior to have.

I don't really believe in exposing as much as I do ZOS' policy of no naming and shaming. This to me was just a video about dueling and the original poster didn't seem to be toxic but more just having fun and giving an honest recounting of his experience.

His language about personality can be taken different ways but in the video he was just dissatisfied with the perceived lack of sportsmanship which I can understand to some degree as I do wish people sometimes had better attitudes overall in this game.

Or maybe he took it personal lol. Ever since patch dropped I’ve been complaining about magsorc, regardless of who I dueled.

Guy definitely got an ego for no reason. Didn’t even show the clips where I one shotted him this patch lol

I was just referring to the comment in the video where he noted that you didn't say GF. To each his own but I've generally tried to give a GF to everyone win or lose and whether I like the build or how they played or not but I also got out of dueling because of how cheese it can be sometimes so I see both sides.

He starts the video in advance giving respect to you and all other players in the video with one exception and admits that you've all traded fights over the years so while he didn't show you killing him it was definitely implied in all fairness.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was just referring to the comment in the video where he noted that you didn't say GF. To each his own but I've generally tried to give a GF to everyone win or lose and whether I like the build or how they played or not but I also got out of dueling because of how cheese it can be sometimes so I see both sides.

He starts the video in advance giving respect to you and all other players in the video with one exception and admits that you've all traded fights over the years so while he didn't show you killing him it was definitely implied in all fairness.

I didn’t say GF because it wasnt a GF. I was lagging at the time, and died because of said lag. Although the biggest factor for not saying GF was because of the shield spamming to go from 10% hp to full when I was executing.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bushido's passion at denying everyone's thoughts and experiences re the hardened ward change is quite admirable especially when you consider that his main point is supposedly to be nonchalant about it.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HowlKimchi wrote: »
    Bushido's passion at denying everyone's thoughts and experiences re the hardened ward change is quite admirable especially when you consider that his main point is supposedly to be nonchalant about it.

To be fair, 90% of what Bushido is doing is arguing with Static, and your "everyone" is only 5-6 people.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared top my 40k HP bowsorc I lost HP, chc, chd, damage, mitigation, mobility and sustain in order to achieve 59k mag while gained 6k bigger shields and 2k higher heal. Not even talking about effective hps due to less surge procs, vigor and CW weaving (2.5 k heal at with 40k HP). Had to opt for worse CP either.
    Yet ppl cryin a river about mag scaling lol

Because it is currently broken lol. Top tier magsorcs on PC NA are all saying it is, and quite frankly it doesnt require much testing to see why it isn’t.

And btw, you can get 50k max mag in Pariah/Heartland. It’s THAT easy to stack max mag. I don’t think people realize how strong the 10% max mag buff is. Sorc is freed from having to use max mag sets

What about stam sorcs?? Is the hardened ward shield good for them too?? The patch isn't out on console yet.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm all for adjusting this thing in the same way I am for adjusting all burst heals. If I could ask something it would be let's adjust them all at the same time then.
    I agree with this in spirit but I can't imagine ZOS ever doing it. They'll nerf the obvious outlier, which is Ward.

In the meantime, you're clearly enjoying this change, so go have fun with it while you can. Your point is noted.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t say GF because it wasnt a GF. I was lagging at the time, and died because of said lag. Although the biggest factor for not saying GF was because of the shield spamming to go from 10% hp to full when I was executing.

Well yeah I can see that, GF is different things for different people. For me I just always say it out of respect for my opponent regardless of other factors of the match. Win some, lose some, that's what rematches are for. I just appreciate the chance to have a fight I suppose.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Denying and choosing to keep an open mind are fairly different things. Sometimes I say I'm looking at it another way, sometimes I ask for clarification on what someone is saying. I'm also not denying what people are saying but I am getting reports that say different things here which tells me this isn't as simple as math. There are nuances and I like to be aware of that when considering things.

To be specific most everyone agrees that ward is overtuned. What seems to be in debate is if that should matter given how many other things are overtuned and out of balance in this game. Also because these are subjective experiences we're seeing some say unkillable and others saying hard to kill. This change also just happened so I'd rather see people's thoughts over time because historically the first impression is initial shock and dismay which eventually turns into acceptance with a bit of occasional rumbling
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, 90% of what Bushido is doing is arguing with Static, and your "everyone" is only 5-6 people.

Appreciate the fair external observation. 5 - 6 people, lets double, no triple that, so 18 people just for fun. Steam charts indicate around 20k players. So I'm getting feedback from 0.09 percent of the community and people wonder why I want to give this a little longer to see how it turns out.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair Asylum staff also got a crazy buff and will likely be the new "master dw".

Running charged you can realistically apply 9 instances of damage on the second cast. Doing probably 8-10k damage. That's another item during the PTS we said needed to be evaluated and it was ignored.

But yes wards are strong.
    Edited by Jsmalls on March 16, 2024 9:16PM
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    To be fair Asylum staff also got a crazy buff and will likely be the new "master dw".

Running charged you can realistically apply 9 instances of damage on the second cast. Doing probably 8-10k damage. That's another item during the PTS we said needed to be evaluated and it was ignored.

Most all feedback seemed to be disregarded in favor of spreadsheets or their prevailing agenda when you look back at the patch notes.

Now that I think about it in terms of how many people comment on the forums vs how many how meant people get on pts vs actual number of players I suppose I could see them feeling sometimes justified in their actions.

This ward is obviously strong but thinking about the player base as a whole I can't say that I could really gauge if the actual majority would care that much or just have more fun being flavor of the month.

Again this is another reason why I want to give this time to play out and maybe not go straight into the vocal minority
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here's the question though, do you feel like people tried to kill you? By that I mean were they chasing the objective or chasing you? I'm not trying to take anything away from your experience, I just think bgs can vary so wildly that people have to understand the details

For instance my kill count and survivability both usually go up in low mmr matches or matches where the other team is concerned less with dying that the object. On the other side my numbers go way down when I'm say facing a high mmr team that will ignore the objectives and go just for kills and know what they're doing.

So if you care to share I'd be interested in more details of the matchup.
    This sounds like what happens any time I go into BGs with a character that's a lower MMR than my main. Is your "max mag sorc" the same character you normally play?

Those are fair points. It was a Crazy King match, so even if people were focused on objectives, we were all going to the same spots. I’ve been playing this Magsorc in BGs for the last month and doing okay with it.

In the beginning of this match, people were more focused on each other. I definitely got a lot of kills by shooting people in the back. However, around the 15 kill mark, people started paying more attention to me and trying to kill me. The NB who killed me twice was genuinely giving it his best effort.

Most of the people in the match had high CP and a decent amount of health, if not 31K outright. There were a couple of moments where I came close to dying, but managed to streak away and heal up.

I’ve been in plenty of low MMR BGs, and my performance is usually pretty good. But it’s never felt quite like this. The survivability was on a different level, and not one that would’ve felt good to face.

I played another BG the next day, only this time I switched out Crafty Alfiq for Shattered Fate. My max Magicka is now about 45K, but the survivability barely feels any different. I walked away from this match with 28 kills, and this time there was no other Magsorc to potentially back me up. It felt like I carried the team. Granted, it could’ve been a truly low MMR BG, but even so, I felt mostly untouchable in a way that a lower skill level can’t account for.
    Edited by Oblivion_Protocol on March 17, 2024 9:17PM
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

I’ve absolutely noticed the difference in damage when running Asylum Destro Staff. The second I saw the changes to status effects, I dusted that bad boy off.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here's the question though, do you feel like people tried to kill you? By that I mean were they chasing the objective or chasing you? I'm not trying to take anything away from your experience, I just think bgs can vary so wildly that people have to understand the details

For instance my kill count and survivability both usually go up in low mmr matches or matches where the other team is concerned less with dying that the object. On the other side my numbers go way down when I'm say facing a high mmr team that will ignore the objectives and go just for kills and know what they're doing.

So if you care to share I'd be interested in more details of the matchup.

Those are fair points. It was a Crazy King match, so even if people were focused on objectives, we were all going to the same spots. I’ve been playing this Magsorc in BGs for the last month and doing okay with it.

In the beginning of this match, people were more focused on each other. I definitely got a lot of kills by shooting people in the back. However, around the 15 kill mark, people started paying more attention to me and trying to kill me. The NB who killed me twice was genuinely giving it his best effort.

Most of the people in the match had high CP and a decent amount of health, if not 31K outright. There were a couple of moments where I came close to dying, but managed to streak away and heal up.

I’ve been in plenty of low MMR BGs, and my performance is usually pretty good. But it’s never felt quite like this. The survivability was on a different level, and not one that would’ve felt good to face.

I played another BG the next day, only this time I switched out Crafty Alfiq for Shattered Fate. My max Magicka is now about 45K, but the survivability barely feels any different. I walked away from this match with 28 kills, and this time there was no other Magsorc to potentially back me up. It felt like I carried the team. Granted, it could’ve been a truly low MMR BG, but even so, I felt mostly untouchable in a way that a lower skill level can’t account for.

Thanks for the update! Sounds like the shield as expected mad a big difference but that if you were targeted with enough damage you could be taken out. Would be interesting to see things in a high mmr deathmatch but I figure at the very most it would be like what we see with other classes that are tanky and have damage, you have to stack to kill them though the streak certainly adds another dimension to things. Surprised it wasn't an all out sorc fest by the way some are describing it.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are fair points. It was a Crazy King match, so even if people were focused on objectives, we were all going to the same spots. [...]
    Most of the people in the match had high CP and a decent amount of health, if not 31K outright.
    Just to say something to this point.
    Many of my guildemates like these events as pur PvEer and fullfill all your points CP/health and ofc they try to do damage and survive. But they are all PvP noobs (and they know that).

So any result during this event is not an indicator for any statement.
    And I don't say that ward is ok or anything like that - just that your result during the event is meaningless...

Edited by Zabagad on March 18, 2024 7:32AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw two sorc ego's going at it, but the difference is Mr.J publicized it and Static did not.
    Edited by DrNukenstein on March 18, 2024 5:31PM
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw two sorc ego's going at it, but the difference is Mr.J publicized it and Static did not.

Always hard to say when reading it back because you never know the intention of the person through just how it's written.

At the end of the day I see J commenting about his experience in not getting a GF and understand that Static reasonably so didn't feel it was a GF.

I can understand J making comments on his video on his platform about his experience. So all in all two people seeing things differently and one of them putting there thoughts online publicly as so many tend to do these days.

Similar to what you said I just wouldn't know if I'd chalk it up to ego as much as just seeing the experience differently on both sides
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand J making comments on his video on his platform about his experience. So all in all two people seeing things differently and one of them putting there thoughts online publicly as so many tend to do these days.

Similar to what you said I just wouldn't know if I'd chalk it up to ego as much as just seeing the experience differently on both sides

IDK I have plenty of negative interactions in the game that I keep to myself. Taking the time to make content out of one is pretty bad sportsmanship win or lose. I'm sorry, I wouldn't normally stick up for or call anyone out here but that really is some toxicity that should be pointed down at.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IDK I have plenty of negative interactions in the game that I keep to myself. Taking the time to make content out of one is pretty bad sportsmanship win or lose. I'm sorry, I wouldn't normally stick up for or call anyone out here but that really is some toxicity that should be pointed down at.

I'll speak for myself here but if I accept a duel I take it that I feel I'm ready to fight (good connection, got potions, food buff has time, vamp stage is correct,etc) and understand that the person on the other end might be running anything which includes builds and tactics I don't like. Then win or lose I throw a gf at the end because it's all fun and games and I appreciate them accepting or inviting.

I try not to complain about setups or tactics I don't care for but if I did and someone wanted to include it in their video then my all means feel free because I said what I said and it's important enough to and for you to make content out of it.

Name calling and bagging are probably where I draw the line of saying someone is being toxic.

In this case I think anyone that interacts with static after seeing this video would still be able to make their own observations of his behavior. Likewise some may have a lower opinion of Jensen just for posting this but I'd be more inclined to just see what he's like for myself
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »
    Many of my guildemates like these events as pur PvEer and fullfill all your points CP/health and ofc they try to do damage and survive. But they are all PvP noobs (and they know that).

And I don't say that ward is ok or anything like that - just that your result during the event is meaningless...

With all due respect, I have a bit of a closer perspective, having played PvP enough to be considered an intermediate player. I’m good enough to at least identify the difference between a PvE player and a PvP player, and I know my performance against both in many cases.

Magsorc survivability is just north of overtuned. They aren’t unkillable by any means. But the combination of Hardened Ward to face tank and Streak to run away is ridiculously potent against both PvE and PvP players.

And just to further confirm, I’ve taken my build into Cyrodiil. My survivability there is just as crazy as it was in BGs, and that was against some heavy-hitting PvP players.

If it were just my results forming my opinion on the matter, you might have a point. But multiple people across this forum, Reddit, and in-game have testified to how overtuned Hardened Ward is. So I wouldn’t exactly use the word “meaningless” to describe a result that is consistent across multiple platforms.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all due respect, I have a bit of a closer perspective, having played PvP enough to be considered an intermediate player. I’m good enough to at least identify the difference between a PvE player and a PvP player, and I know my performance against both in many cases.

Magsorc survivability is just north of overtuned. They aren’t unkillable by any means. But the combination of Hardened Ward to face tank and Streak to run away is ridiculously potent against both PvE and PvP players.

And just to further confirm, I’ve taken my build into Cyrodiil. My survivability there is just as crazy as it was in BGs, and that was against some heavy-hitting PvP players.

If it were just my results forming my opinion on the matter, you might have a point. But multiple people across this forum, Reddit, and in-game have testified to how overtuned Hardened Ward is. So I wouldn’t exactly use the word “meaningless” to describe a result that is consistent across multiple platforms.
    As I said - I don't say anything different about ward and U41 sorc - I just tried to say something about your 30 instead 15 example which was at the wrong time to be a "proof" of anything. No more and no less...

Edited by Zabagad on March 19, 2024 6:32AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said - I don't say anything different about ward and U41 sorc - I just tried to say something about your 30 instead 15 example which was at the wrong time to be a "proof" of anything. No more and no less...

Well while I do generally feel that event kills have a different weight there's nothing to say that during the event you can't get a lobby mostly composed of your usual decent players here and there. So it is possible during an event to have such an occurrence.

That being said this person was just sharing an experience just like everyone here and none of them on their own will amount to a full story so they all have similar weight as pieces of a larger observation until a pattern really sets in.