The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread, "Secrets of The Telvanni In-Game Event"

• tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an inventory full of daily reward coffers because I didn't want to open them until the drop of the Kindreds Concord motif is confirmed. It's a mix of Bastion Nymic daily and worldboss daily coffers. All have the same name.

To free some inventory space I'd like to open the worldboss coffers and keep the nymic coffers until the motif actually starts dropping. Is there any way to tell which coffer is from which source?
  • Katzenzunge
    Katzenzunge
    ✭✭✭
    Kevins last post implies the motif will not drop at all in the coffers during this event, or am I getting something wrong?
    Edited by Katzenzunge on October 2, 2023 2:19PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beyond that, these community events are nice and everything, it's good spirit to have everyone working towards unlocking a goal, but like.... it would be a PR nightmare if the community didn't unlock every tier, so it's painfully obvious that the meter isn't real, at least in the sense that there's no way we won't hit 100%. You aren't going to get to the end of the event and tell your playerbase "ah, sorry, you weren't dedicated enough, better luck next time". I mean I guess some people just suspend disbelief or whatever, but given that there's widespread distrust between players and ZOS on *any* topic, why add fuel to the fire? Mind you, I don't have a better idea for a fun community event, but I'm also not paid to come up with one.

My first thought was to have a ‘makeup’ event if the meter didn’t make it to 100%. There are probably reasons not to do that, but I don’t get paid to come up with event ideas either.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomfant wrote: »
    I have an inventory full of daily reward coffers because I didn't want to open them until the drop of the Kindreds Concord motif is confirmed. It's a mix of Bastion Nymic daily and worldboss daily coffers. All have the same name.

To free some inventory space I'd like to open the worldboss coffers and keep the nymic coffers until the motif actually starts dropping. Is there any way to tell which coffer is from which source?

You can look at the containers' item IDs.
    197818: Delve
    197819: World Boss
    197820: Nymic
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Thanks for this great info. Where can I see these IDs?
  • liliub17_ESO
    liliub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What would I score the event so far? C at best. It's not bad, it's not good - it's okay.

The DLC did not grab my attention, so I purposefully did not pre-order. Keeping in mind that I run two accounts with ESO+ (one is daughter's but I'm maintaining it at the moment), I picked it up on the half-off sale for the event. Really not sure I'll ever make an arcanist, either. I've watched a couple out in the maps and ........meh. Good class, I suspect, in the right hands, but I have little interest.

My time is *extremely* limited for gaming right now, much more so than usual. (It was during the Undaunted event, too.) I avoid most of the dailies simply because I'm too exhausted to spend much physical time at the monitor. Random harvesting, a few bosses or dolmens if there are other players around, a delve-based daily - that's about it right now.

Likewise, the drop rate on the pages is just low enough, I don't go out of my way trying to do that quest every day. If it happens as I'm doing the daily, great. Otherwise, nope. (Have managed it only twice on each account.) Yensa and Tralise are on their own. Silly gits are just standing there wringing their hands anyhow. They can dust themselves off and go look for the pages themselves! ;)

Have managed to 'find' a few furnishings in the coffers/boxes. Not many, and some aren't really that pretty, in my opinion. For example, I've noticed the paintings (at least the two I have so far) are very crudely done graphically with rather clunky frames. Maybe it's just that I don't enjoy that particular aesthetic. A few of the other Telvanni style are ........ interesting.

• WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such wow event , form a BN group, Get booted from server 👍👍👍👍👍
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this great info. Where can I see these IDs?

If you're on console, there is no way to see this information.

If you're on PC, you can link the item in chat and copy that link to your clipboard. Then paste that link into a text editor like Notepad, which will reveal the item ID.

IDs on PC can also be exposed via addons, though I'm not aware of any publicly-released ones that do this.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    2nd. "When you open a Secret Telvanni Coffer, you have a chance to receive the following items:
    ... a motif page (Dead Keeper, Clan Dreamcarver, or Kindred’s Concord)"
    I'm very glad to see that this has been improved over the past years and we can now get ALL crafting motifs during the Celebration. but how exactly does this work? the fact that Kindred's Concord wasn't listed in the Crown Store announcement for September suggests that it's not actually obtainable in the game by standard means either, yet. Starting with the event, will these motif pages begin dropping in Bastion Nymic as the associated Achievement indicates?
    The next Crown Store Showcase may have the answer you seek.

It says it arrives on October 18th, 8 days after the event ends. so you can't actually get it during the event? I also noticed that any mention of the Kindred's Concord Motif was removed from the article. Why is this happening yet again, @ZOS_Kevin ? This has been a disappointment every time this event has come around in the past years. There's always a motif missing! This only adds grind to the game. We would all be very grateful if we didn't have to prolong this. We spend so much time in those activities, especially during the celebration! It's only fair that we should be able to get these rewards from day one! It's why I was so excited to see it listed in the article. This would've been a huge improvement, but now I'm just disappointed again! Being rewarded for completing a challenging activity is the the bare minimum and ZOS is continuously falling short of that! Motifs shouldn't be delayed like that. All contents of a DLC ought to be available at launch.

Yea this has big “Insert Tyler the Creator meme” vibes.

The slow drip feed of crown store stuff is actually not as good as they think it is. It actually encourages me to ignore the store and save money/crowns. No one wants to run bastion nymics on October 18 after the event is over, and no one wants to pay money to have a motif that’ll just be sold in the guild traders anyway. So it’s basically a lose/lose for everyone whether you want this stuff in game or through crown purchases.

So in other words; thank you ZOS for making silly sales decisions that have saved me from impulse buying multiple times. This past couple of years has been the least active I’ve ever been with crown store purchases and I am very happy about that!
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/Hrm-rPSCIBw?si=DzXfiZ2jvDV-MLpT
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly, the "Turn the Page" quest is collecting a certain number of page fragments (10 iirc). When I tested this on PTS, it took A LONG time to gather up the pages. I didn't get any from defeating monsters, but rather very rarely from harvest nodes and chests. If we're all competing for nodes/chests, it's going to be a slog just getting this accomplished on one character.

Granted, nodes should respawn faster with more players in the zone than were on PTS, but players will be competing for them nonetheless.

I do think they drop from mobs, based on what the quest giver says, but I just wasn't lucky to get any that way. However, I think if you focus on just doing the dailies for boxes and the other daily quest which requires you to go to one of the public dungeons as well as Bastion Nymic, you'll likely get the page fragments you need. Oh...and PSA to pick up that daily before doing the BN daily.

Doing this on multiple toons every day will take some dedication.

The spawn rate is wayyyy faster during the event. There is very little competition that ive experienced.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're on console, there is no way to see this information.

If you're on PC, you can link the item in chat and copy that link to your clipboard. Then paste that link into a text editor like Notepad, which will reveal the item ID.

IDs on PC can also be exposed via addons, though I'm not aware of any publicly-released ones that do this.

Holy... thats complicated.

Found another solution directly ingame. When hovering over a coffer I get the number of equal items in my inv in the tooltip. As shown below I have 7 of one type and 11 of the other :

gb0ip8mn76or.jpg

Now I just need to find out which is the one for Bastion Nymic coffers, by simply doing the daily and increasing the according coffer count. This obviously only works when the numbers are different...
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Is the book a one off furnishing or a collectible that can be placed in many different houses?
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been very friendly and cooperative during this event I've noticed. I finally braved BN for the first time and the PUGs I've been in have been patient with each other.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    General feedback about the event:

First, community events running concurrently with ticket events (which is the way they're always done, and have been every year since Summerfall) confuses people. It's basically two separate events of the same name, at the same time. You can get tickets from the dailies in town, or you can contribute to the community event, which you don't get tickets from. (Even Gina was confused by this on the Bethesda stream!)

This year's is even more confusing than usual, because there are two quests for the community event. Both have repeatable quest arrows over them, even though only one of them is actually repeatable ("Turn the Page"). To make it worse, the questgiver for "Turn the Page" isn't in the same place the next day.

Voting: Very clearly skewed toward Yensa, in every possible way. For the role players, Tralise is presented as overly cautious; Yensa is presented as the sister who is willing risk whatever it takes to further the family's standing in Telvanni society - which is what would be most important in their culture. It's not mentioned how much she's sacrificed, or that she has proven herself stronger (if you've completed the other quest), or that she thought it was important to rescue their father. Because none of that is important.

Second voting skew: Yensa's name is first. For everyone who "spams E", that'll be a vote for her. Third: everyone who looks can see the book. We have no way to preview the animation of the music box, nor its sound. Why would people vote for a music box that they haven't been able to listen to, over a cool-looking book that they can see? If you want to be fair in that aspect - either don't show a picture of either one, or provide the sound from the music box.

Frankly, given all that's against Tralise and the music box, I'm surprised that Yensa's lead is only 63-37. (I'll keep voting for the music box. I've heard it, and it's beautiful. Plus, I feel like the vote has been rigged from the beginning, and I refuse to be pushed into voting a particular way. Call me a rebel.)

On the plus side - I appreciate ZOS holding community events like this every year, that brings the community out, and encourages participation. The house and the pet are great. Don't care about the markings.

One change I would very much like to see about these, is to remove the requirement to pick up the rewards during a limited time in the Crown Store. Just give it out to everyone who owns the chapter during this time, please, like happened with Summerfall. All of those people paid for the chapter. It seems fair.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I agree that the voting mechanism, which an interesting twist, was very poorly-implemented.

There should have been three dialog options:
    • I don't want to involve myself in family politics
    • I favor Yensa
    • I favor Tralise

That way, the "default" option (from people just spamming "E" to turn in the quest) is a null vote and the actual votes are by people who are actually voting and not just getting their quest done ASAP for an extra coffer.

Plus, there's no indicator in-game that your vote will have an outcome on the reward that you get. Sure, people who read the article will know, but I'm all but certain that the majority have not read it. And even for people who have read it, who can remember which one rewards what? I've read the article, and I've had to reopen it multiple times to remind myself which one was which.

All of this needed to be in-game, not squirreled away on the website.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • calitrumanb14_ESO
    calitrumanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (I'll keep voting for the music box. I've heard it, and it's beautiful. Plus, I feel like the vote has been rigged from the beginning, and I refuse to be pushed into voting a particular way. Call me a rebel.)

I voted every time for the music box, as well, as I have no use for a green glowy book. Oh well, maybe the music box will become available some other way.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so what was the ending of the event story? I was only able to do the pages part. I am unable to do the Bastion activity due to health reasons. Was the father saved? What was the Telvanni secret? My understanding was that we were trying to save the father who had gotten ahold of a book from Apocrypha without "permission". So, what happened?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK, so what was the ending of the event story? I was only able to do the pages part. I am unable to do the Bastion activity due to health reasons. Was the father saved? What was the Telvanni secret? My understanding was that we were trying to save the father who had gotten ahold of a book from Apocrypha without "permission". So, what happened?

I don't remember the final details as I did that one once on the first day. However, the summary is the father was saved, but the spell Tralise had to cast in order to free him from his binds rendered her permanently blind. Which now makes sense why the community vote reward was a music box for voting for Tralise since she wouldn't be able to read the book, which was what votes for Yensa went to (also, as of close of event, it looks like the book furnishing won the popular vote).

I don't really recall what the end result was regarding any Telvanni secrets or the book from Apocrypha. Unless that was the tie-in with the Turn The Page quest, where gathering up the scattered pages (of the Apocrypha book, maybe?) and giving them to The Mouth for Yensa meant she would use them for the power of House Telvanni whereas giving them to him for Talise meant she would hide them away and keep them secret.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so what was the

I don't remember the final details as I did that one once on the first day. However, the summary is the father was saved, but the spell Tralise had to cast in order to free him from his binds rendered her permanently blind. Which now makes sense why the community vote reward was a music box for voting for Tralise since she wouldn't be able to read the book, which was what votes for Yensa went to (also, as of close of event, it looks like the book furnishing won the popular vote).

I don't really recall what the end result was regarding any Telvanni secrets or the book from Apocrypha. Unless that was the tie-in with the Turn The Page quest, where gathering up the scattered pages (of the Apocrypha book, maybe?) and giving them to The Mouth for Yensa meant she would use them for the power of House Telvanni whereas giving them to him for Talise meant she would hide them away and keep them secret.

Thank you! Much appreciated!