The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread, "Secrets of The Telvanni In-Game Event"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
atmrlpajqe3v.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Explore The Necrom Chapter & Unlock Bonus Rewards During The Secrets of The Telvanni In-Game Event"

"Team up with your fellow players within the Telvanni Peninsula and Apocrypha to unlock unique rewards for all Necrom owners."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 10, 2023 5:42PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coolio, thanks Kev. I wonder how the droprate will be for the stylepages, and if people will be able to collect them all easily. :smile:

I did save up 10 tickets from the Undaunted event to get the last piece for the dress, so that should be fine.
  • Coffeebug
    Coffeebug
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh nice! Will it be worth doing Turn The Page on different toons, or is it once per day per account?
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question... one of the Skyrim celebrations had double drops for the appropriate dungeons:

mmg84dnejsab.png

I did not see anything of the sort on the description for the Telvanni event, so can I assume that Bal Sunnar and Scrivener's Hall will have normal drops, not double?
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope we'll be able to listen to the daily quest music box so we can better be informed on if we want that or the tome
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question... one of the Skyrim celebrations had double drops for the appropriate dungeons:

mmg84dnejsab.png

I did not see anything of the sort on the description for the Telvanni event, so can I assume that Bal Sunnar and Scrivener's Hall will have normal drops, not double?

This event (and all previous Community Challenge events for the Chapters) only focuses on the latest Chapter and does not include the other content tied to the story arc (dungeons in this case).

The event in your screenshot was for the Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration (November 2022), not Lost Treasures of Skyrim (September 2020).
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will Necrom be on sale during Event?
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. Will the music box or tome be available from another source later on if it's not the winning one, because it seems like a waste to design something that players won't get, and I'm sure it'll annoy some people who might want both.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be a fun event!
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on September 26, 2023 4:25PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The daily quest which counts towards the community goal - does this count per character/toon or just once a day per account?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking forward to the double drops in sanitys edge trial to work on the collection there lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to say I really don't like the "vote for one reward" thing. It just leads to bad feelings when the reward you wanted isn't picked.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, glad we’re getting a house as a reward and that apocrypha tome looks cool! :smiley:
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I really don't like the "vote for one reward" thing. It just leads to bad feelings when the reward you wanted isn't picked.

There’s a high chance they’re just going to give us both anyway…if we’re being real.

That being said, we already have like 20 music boxes. This would be our first glowing interactive book furnishing, which I personally would prefer to have.
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dislike this "vote for what you want". If it was a player-by-player choice (so you yourself can pick what you want) i'd still be upset but less so. Putting this up to a community vote is just begging to have "influencers" ruin it for everyone else like what literally always happens with the yearly Minecraft vote.
    Please just either make it a by-player quest reward choice, or give us both.
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

if it is like the last couple years, there will be a 50% Discount on the standard Necrom Upgrade.
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I have 2 questions:

1st. It says World, Delve, and Trial Bosses all award double loot, but does that also apply to Public Dungeon Bosses?
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »

1st. It says World, Delve, and Trial Bosses all award double loot, but does that also apply to Public Dungeon Bosses?

2nd.
    "When you open a Secret Telvanni Coffer, you have a chance to receive the following items:
    ... a motif page (Dead Keeper, Clan Dreamcarver, or Kindred’s Concord)"
    I'm very glad to see that this has been improved over the past years and we can now get ALL crafting motifs during the Celebration. but how exactly does this work? the fact that Kindred's Concord wasn't listed in the Crown Store announcement for September suggests that it's not actually obtainable in the game by standard means either, yet. Starting with the event, will these motif pages begin dropping in Bastion Nymic as the associated Achievement indicates?
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2nd.
    "When you open a Secret Telvanni Coffer, you have a chance to receive the following items:
    I'm very glad to see that this has been improved over the past years and we can now get ALL crafting motifs during the Celebration. but how exactly does this work? the fact that Kindred's Concord wasn't listed in the Crown Store announcement for September suggests that it's not actually obtainable in the game by standard means either, yet. Starting with the event, will these motif pages begin dropping in Bastion Nymic as the associated Achievement indicates?

Well the event does bleed into October, so it’s safe to say we might see the Kindred Concord motif in October’s showcase.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a high chance they’re just going to give us both anyway…if we’re being real.

That being said, we already have like 20 music boxes. This would be our first glowing interactive book furnishing, which I personally would prefer to have.

I could see these two both being crown store furnishings in the future. Maybe this just gives us one for free ahead of time while adding some competitive impetus for participating in the event.

Either way, I doubt they spent resources creating these without intending to release them both into the game in some way in the future.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The daily quest which counts towards the community goal - does this count per character/toon or just once a day per account?
    Was going to ask the same question! Really want to know.

PS: I'm going for the tome over the music box. (We can probably get one of these at 100%, and as a bonus when getting to 125% or something we get the second one. These events never stopped at 100%.)
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭

2nd.

Well the event does bleed into October, so it’s safe to say we might see the Kindred Concord motif in October’s showcase.

maybe, but if it only starts dropping a couple days after the event has begun, this would once again be a let down. The whole approach of only releasing one motif per month is ridiculous. it's obviously meant to be part of the Chapter/DLC so it should be released at launch. withholding content/rewards serves no good reason.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all, thanks for the questions. We have some answers for you.
    I hope we'll be able to listen to the daily quest music box so we can better be informed on if we want that or the tome
    Unfortunately, because the item isn't visible anywhere in game yet, there isn't a great way to preview the music box. We are passing this feedback along for future iterations of this, as this is a fair point regarding the music box.

Hm. Will the music box or tome be available from another source later on if it's not the winning one, because it seems like a waste to design something that players won't get, and I'm sure it'll annoy some people who might want both.
    Hermaeus Mora keeps that knowledge under lock and key. So your guess is as good as mine.

The daily quest that contributes counts per character, so every toon can join in the fun!

They do not. They can drop loot, but do not qualify for double loot.

2nd. "When you open a Secret Telvanni Coffer, you have a chance to receive the following items:
    The next Crown Store Showcase may have the answer you seek.

Any and all sales will be listed on our social channels, website, and the forum. So keep your eyes open on those channels for any future information.

Thanks for the feedback here. For others who feel this way, please make sure to voice that concern and reasoning why. Feedback like that is helpful to relay back to the team. Also always helpful to revisit after the event to see if you're opinion has changed after playing. Either way, appreciate the feedback and we'll pass it along.
    Oooh, glad we’re getting a house as a reward and that apocrypha tome looks cool! :smiley:
    We're glad we could go back and revisit a new house for everyone!
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 27, 2023 3:32PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin is once again the MVP. Your generous feed back is most appreciated!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome, an excuse to grind all the toons - FOR THE COMMUNITY!

Also, add me as another person who does not like the "vote between two rewards as a community" thing. I also like the look of both, so I'm just gonna end up splitting my "votes" anyway. I think doing it like this breeds discontentment as no matter which one wins, you will have part of the community upset/unhappy at the one they wanted not being rewarded. I believe these would serve better as stretch goals, such as the community hit 100% and is getting all three prizes, so now if you reach, say, 110% of goal we're throwing in a music box and surpass 120% to goal and you get the book. That provides more drive/reason to grind and more coming together as a community to try and win All The Things, rather than a divisive voting contest.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm remembering correctly, the "Turn the Page" quest is collecting a certain number of page fragments (10 iirc). When I tested this on PTS, it took A LONG time to gather up the pages. I didn't get any from defeating monsters, but rather very rarely from harvest nodes and chests. If we're all competing for nodes/chests, it's going to be a slog just getting this accomplished on one character.

Granted, nodes should respawn faster with more players in the zone than were on PTS, but players will be competing for them nonetheless.

I do think they drop from mobs, based on what the quest giver says, but I just wasn't lucky to get any that way. However, I think if you focus on just doing the dailies for boxes and the other daily quest which requires you to go to one of the public dungeons as well as Bastion Nymic, you'll likely get the page fragments you need. Oh...and PSA to pick up that daily before doing the BN daily.

Doing this on multiple toons every day will take some dedication.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the community vote is to further encourage participation. I can understand people being disappointed if their desired prize doesn’t win, but it’s still an extra you didn’t have before, whichever wins, and IMHO the total prizes are a great improvement over last year (I really enjoy companions and sure, a gold companion item in a useful trait is nice, but not exciting).

I’m not saying this to try to discourage people from voicing their opinion on the system, but to keep it in perspective and not let fixation on something you might not get detract from what you might otherwise enjoy. And it seems highly likely that there will be another way to obtain the other prize at some point since surely both have already been developed! :)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly, the "Turn the Page" quest is collecting a certain number of page fragments (10 iirc). When I tested this on PTS, it took A LONG time to gather up the pages. I didn't get any from defeating monsters, but rather very rarely from harvest nodes and chests. If we're all competing for nodes/chests, it's going to be a slog just getting this accomplished on one character.

Granted, nodes should respawn faster with more players in the zone than were on PTS, but players will be competing for them nonetheless.

I do think they drop from mobs, based on what the quest giver says, but I just wasn't lucky to get any that way. However, I think if you focus on just doing the dailies for boxes and the other daily quest which requires you to go to one of the public dungeons as well as Bastion Nymic, you'll likely get the page fragments you need. Oh...and PSA to pick up that daily before doing the BN daily.

Doing this on multiple toons every day will take some dedication.

They can drop from mobs. Chances increase with more difficult mobs.
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

if it is like the last couple years, there will be a 50% Discount on the standard Necrom Upgrade.

Event has started and no Necrom sale. That is harsh, ZOS! Why the change from prior years? :'(
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭

Event has started and no Necrom sale. That is harsh, ZOS! Why the change from prior years? :'(

yes. this is very unusual. now I'm really glad I bought it during the Quakecon sale
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already own Necrom but on my ps5 store it says 50% cheaper