Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• a3352324
    a3352324
    Soul Shriven
    They lack of transparency of telling us the truth from ZOS , sad for Kevin wasn’t his fault of not telling us the truth… it was the company policy, I didn’t loggin for like 2month already
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Lunar wrote: »
    Hello!

Once again, we would like to remind those participating in this thread that we expect all messages to follow our Community Rules. It’s okay to disagree and debate, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

I don't think pplz care js
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean it's completely fair if they don't want people to circumvent the true price tag that is set for the player's home country by buying crates cheap from someone living in a different country. Good change in my opinion, but ZOS should've been open about this, their case is valid
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi, everyone.

We’re here to provide our weekly update on the Crown Crate gifting issue. While the fix we implemented is working as intended, we have identified an additional issue that our teams are working to resolve. This issue will take some time to investigate and resolve, so unfortunately Crown Crate gifting will remain unavailable for the foreseeable future as we work on a long-term solution.

In the meantime, we are working on a limited, temporary solution for Crown Crate gifting. We hope to have that solution in place and full details to share with you in the coming weeks. Thanks again for your continued patience as we work to resolve this issue.

I am here for the weekly update that would inform the playerbase of the current changes or fixes that would be in place.

I understand that Crown Crate Gifting will remain Unavailable for the "foreseeable future".

Since the term "foreseeable future" is a subjective term and can range from a few weeks to several months or even years, depending on the context, I would like to know what are the "limited and temporary solutions for the Crown Crate Gifting" that you have mentioned.

Thank for the weekly updates and hope they continue.

And if @zos_kevin is a fan of the poetic version :

In the realm of gaming, I stand,
    A seeker of updates, a player's command.
    Weekly whispers of changes unfold,
    As tales of fixes and progress are told.

Within this realm, a query arises,
    Of Crown Crate Gifting, a gift that surprises.
    Yet alas, it remains in shadows concealed,
    Unreachable for now, its presence sealed.

The "foreseeable future," a phrase unclear,
    A span of time, both far and near.
    Weeks may pass, or months extend,
    Perhaps even years, the uncertainty to fend.

But within this realm, limited and temporary,
    Solutions may dwell, hidden but necessary.
    Whispers of hope, faint echoes through the air,
    A glimmer of light, a promise to bear.

Grateful for the weekly updates we receive,
    A lifeline to the gaming world we believe.
    May they persist, like stars in the night,
    Guiding us forward, shining so bright.

So, I remain here, a seeker and a friend,
    In this realm of adventure, where stories blend.
    Hoping for answers, for solutions to see,
    As we journey together, in this realm so free.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    This became a series with weekly episodes, funny if not tragic :D
  • wolfcrisp
    wolfcrisp
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree

This is not me bumping this thread btw

I'm just agreeing with this comment
    Aorys wrote: »
    [snip]

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 30, 2023 1:42PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this thread and after reading a few pages I have to say: wow

That's definitely better than any movie I've seen in years. Keep up the entertaining work guys, enjoy yourself and good luck with bashing your crates out of zos [better snip here] 😆

PS: Did anyone already blame pacrooti? Just curious
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    and that's how they won the battle.... leaving us unanswered and forgotten.....
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like people are reading a lot into not getting a Dev response on a US business holiday yesterday lol.

We haven't been guaranteed an update this week, but only when there's news on the issue. Why is there reason to assume they're trying to make people forget about it and "win"?

Also it's not like this thread is the only motivation for working on a fix. The issue was known before it was made. This thread reflects a very small proportion of the impacted players and is more of a venting/update thread.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I feel like people are reading a lot into not getting a Dev response on a US business holiday yesterday lol.

We haven't been guaranteed an update this week, but only when there's news on the issue. Why is there reason to assume they're trying to make people forget about it and "win"?

Also it's not like this thread is the only motivation for working on a fix. The issue was known before it was made. This thread reflects a very small proportion of the impacted players and is more of a venting/update thread.

A very small proportion of the Impacted players?

As of now this thread has almost 120K VIEWS!

Every other thread in this sections has around 500 views and if you go down the last 10 pages... you will find that the highest topic has less then 3k VIEWS.

This is a very very big deal, not being able to get the best stuff that ESO has to offer and having spend RL money instead of gold is one of those deal breaker things for sure.

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

Every other thread in this sections has around 500 views and if you go down the last 10 pages... you will find that the highest topic has less then 3k VIEWS.

This is a very very big deal, not being able to get the best stuff that ESO has to offer and having spend RL money instead of gold is one of those deal breaker things for sure.

Please don't equate views with impacted players, there are people who just come to view the show.
    RuEiYYZ.jpg
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »
    WiseSky wrote: »

Please don't equate views with impacted players, there are people who just come to view the show.
    RuEiYYZ.jpg

This 100%. I have viewed it multiple times just to get a good laugh at the overreactions happening LOL

Seriously, this is hurting ZOS more than players if people aren't buying crates. It means people aren't spending crowns or buying crowns for these same crates. If there are legal issues as far as different countries and selling prices and people are still crying about this? Yeah, I find it immensely funny LOL
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi, everyone. At this time, we have no major updates regarding Crown Crate Gifting. We are actively working on the temporary solution to the Crown Crate gifting. We are also exploring our options for a more permanent fix. We'll follow up on the week of June 12th with more information. As always, thank you for your continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone. At this time, we have no major updates regarding Crown Crate Gifting. We are actively working on the temporary solution to the Crown Crate gifting. We are also exploring our options for a more permanent fix. We'll follow up on the week of June 12th with more information. As always, thank you for your continued patience.

Tell us what’s wrong because you and Zenimax in general has given us the impression through what little has been said and your actions that there isn’t anything actually wrong with this feature and you are lying to us.

So let’s condense what we do know.

There are no crate or gifting issues on any other platforms.
    You have the ability to turn on crate gifting whenever you want, as shown when your team accidentally turned it back on.
    There were no issues whatsoever with gifting the crates during this short time frame before you disabled it again.
    There is nothing wrong in general with gifting crown items on PC.

Tell us why you have disabled crown crate gifting or continue to generate more “conspiracy theories” with your silence and inaction.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you answer the very, very simple question - what is broken with it? It's been asked repeatedly here by many people.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Can you answer the very, very simple question - what is broken with it? It's been asked repeatedly here by many people.

I dont believe we need to know, or are entitled to know, specifics. There is an issue with the coding and something isnt performing correctly.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I dont believe we need to know, or are entitled to know, specifics. There is an issue with the coding and something isnt performing correctly.

Your belief is fine, but many of us would like to know more as paying customers.
  • a3352324
    a3352324
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, another *no major update*, m jumping to D4 until they fix the “small bug”
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your belief is fine, but many of us would like to know more as paying customers.
    Yes, it's a significant part of the game for many players.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell us what’s wrong because you and Zenimax in general has given us the impression through what little has been said and your actions that there isn’t anything actually wrong with this feature and you are lying to us.

You have the ability to turn on crate gifting whenever you want, as shown when your team accidentally turned it back on.
    There were no issues whatsoever with gifting the crates during this short time frame before you disabled it again.

Tell us why you have disabled crown crate gifting or continue to generate more “conspiracy theories” with your silence and inaction.

They wont tell us. Its just like complete and utter head in the sand when it comes to the response on the forums for certain issues. Like @ZOS_Kevin and others clearly must see all the people asking what the issue is, and instead of just simply saying "we are unable to discuss the issue at this time because it is an exploit," or "its a bug that could cause people to not receive their crates", or actually tell us what it is, they just completely ignore the question.

Like you said, people are just going to keep guessing and coming up with their own theories. Plus it doesnt help that the whole situation is strange and keeping it so secretive makes it seem more strange. I dont think there is some grand conspiracy to the whole thing, like at all, i just think its ridiculous to not give some insight into it. Or reassure players that the missed crates will return. Which at this point, its looking like they wont. Because if they were going to bring the crates back you would think they would just say it.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »

They wont tell us. Its just like complete and utter head in the sand when it comes to the response on the forums for certain issues. Like @ZOS_Kevin and others clearly must see all the people asking what the issue is, and instead of just simply saying "we are unable to discuss the issue at this time because it is an exploit," or "its a bug that could cause people to not receive their crates", or actually tell us what it is, they just completely ignore the question.

Like you said, people are just going to keep guessing and coming up with their own theories. Plus it doesnt help that the whole situation is strange and keeping it so secretive makes it seem more strange. I dont think there is some grand conspiracy to the whole thing, like at all, i just think its ridiculous to not give some insight into it. Or reassure players that the missed crates will return. Which at this point, its looking like they wont. Because if they were going to bring the crates back you would think they would just say it.

This issue perfectly outlines the biggest issue I have with ZOS. ZOS appears to consider itself beyond reproach and not accountable to it's customers. They just kinda do what ever they're going to do and tell the customers to take it or leave it. This is why I had to cancel my ESO+ after 8 years.
  • Exitstrategie
    Exitstrategie
    ✭✭✭
    they dont care, so i dont care either anymore.
    The longer the crown crate gifting is blocked, the less motivated i feel playing ESO.

D4 is about to be launched, maybe i will look into that.
    Pity.
    i am ESO player since 8 years....
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new crates come around usually around on the 20th of June, by the looks of it... RIP Ragebound Crates...

The name of the these crates explains really well how I feel about this bug.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    crown store is not a big part of my game experience, even though they put some cool items in that and let some other items could only be bought with gems. I'm disappointed with their attitude. They hurt me once before so I don't feel sad or angry.
  • thechiefisback
    thechiefisback
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, it's three months now. I don't even think we had the block bug so long. Could you just tell us what's wrong to stop us having bad feelings about your transperancy to us, your community? Is it a coding problem? Why only on pc and not console? Is it an exploit? Are you just trying something new? It just feels totally bad to be left in the dark about this issue.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, it's three months now. I don't even think we had the block bug so long. Could you just tell us what's wrong to stop us having bad feelings about your transperancy to us, your community? Is it a coding problem? Why only on pc and not console? Is it an exploit? Are you just trying something new? It just feels totally bad to be left in the dark about this issue.

I believe Kevin stated there will be additional information the week of June 12th. If there is no information at that point, then I think people can return to asking again... but at this point, ZOS has responded and given a time-frame for an update, so that's that.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting flashbacks to the U35 Q&A… And I’m getting the feeling that crown crate gifting will come back on the same day that the U35 Q&A will come.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repeated incidents like these are the reason "the company" doesn't have customer service surveys...

The fact that no concrete details have been given in over 3 months and no make goods have been announced are unacceptable especially when we are trying to give buy things and can't.
    Edited by SimonThesis on June 4, 2023 5:44PM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    Lags wrote: »

This issue perfectly outlines the biggest issue I have with ZOS. ZOS appears to consider itself beyond reproach and not accountable to it's customers. They just kinda do what ever they're going to do and tell the customers to take it or leave it. This is why I had to cancel my ESO+ after 8 years.

yup, and even as they read all this craziness on here they just dont care enough to respond. And they never have, thats my opinion. Like i said, the most simple of answers could reassure players. But if i know zos, when they are silent it usually means people arent going to be happy. So im thinking, its probably something they dont wana talk about, like an exploit, and the crates will not be returning. Otherwise, why wouldnt they answer?

And now on the eve of necrom, when they will undoubtedly bring out some new/returning crates soon, we still have no answers, no insight at all, no reassurances.
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    Not even fixed by expansion release lol
This discussion has been closed.