The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    #include <iostream>
    #include <string>

class Player {
    public:
    Player(const std::string& name, const int crowns)
    : name(name), crowns(crowns) {}

std::string getName() const { return name; }
    int getCrowns() const { return crowns; }
    void setCrowns(const int newCrowns) { crowns = newCrowns; }

bool deductCrowns(const int amount) {
    if(crowns >= amount) {
    crowns -= amount;
    return true;
    } else {
    return false;
    }
    }

void receiveCrowns(const int amount) {
    crowns += amount;
    }

private:
    std::string name;
    int crowns;
    };

bool giftItem(Player& sender, Player& receiver, const int crownCost) {
    if (sender.deductCrowns(crownCost)) {
    receiver.receiveCrowns(crownCost);
    std::cout << sender.getName() << " has successfully gifted an item to "
    << receiver.getName() << ". " << crownCost << " Crowns have been deducted from "
    << sender.getName() << "'s account." << std::endl;
    return true;
    } else {
    std::cout << "Insufficient Crowns. " << sender.getName() << " does not have enough Crowns to make the gift."
    << std::endl;
    return false;
    }
    }

int main() {
    Player player1("Sender", 1000);
    Player player2("Receiver", 0);
    giftItem(player1, player2, 500);
    return 0;
    }

Maybe this can help.. ZOS, I hope you guys can fix it asap.
    #include <iostream>
    #include <string>

class Player {
    public:
    Player(const std::string& name, const int crowns)
    : name(name), crowns(crowns) {}

std::string getName() const { return name; }
    int getCrowns() const { return crowns; }
    void setCrowns(const int newCrowns) { crowns = newCrowns; }

bool deductCrowns(const int amount) {
    if(crowns >= amount) {
    crowns -= amount;
    return true;
    } else {
    return false;
    }
    }

void receiveCrowns(const int amount) {
    crowns += amount;
    }

private:
    std::string name;
    int crowns;
    };

bool giftItem(Player& sender, Player& receiver, const int crownCost) {
    if (sender.deductCrowns(crownCost)) {
    receiver.receiveCrowns(crownCost);
    std::cout << sender.getName() << " has successfully gifted an item to "
    << receiver.getName() << ". " << crownCost << " Crowns have been deducted from "
    << sender.getName() << "'s account." << std::endl;
    return true;
    } else {
    std::cout << "Insufficient Crowns. " << sender.getName() << " does not have enough Crowns to make the gift."
    << std::endl;
    return false;
    }
    }

int main() {
    Player player1("Sender", 1000);
    Player player2("Receiver", 0);
    giftItem(player1, player2, 500);
    return 0;
    }

Maybe this can help.. ZOS, I hope you guys can fix it asap.

They can turn it back on whenever they want. There isn’t actually any issues with gifting itself as shown by every other platform the game is on and from when they accidentally turned it back on without a game patch.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    Wow wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. We have an update regarding Crown Crate gifting and where we are in the process outlined last week. Yesterday, we deployed a fix related to the ongoing Crown Crate gifting issue. We are currently evaluating if the fix fully resolved the issue, and reviewing results as quickly as possible. We will have another update for you no later than Monday, May 15.

Whatever happened to this update? Ragebound crates is still ungiftable

I think you missed the last update which updated us that the next update will be next week

It's next week, so where is it
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    Are you ready to say goodbye to ragebound crates? (even no discount)
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaand now the Ragebound crates have a 7-day countdown on them, and no news about a fix on this.

This is ridiculous.
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    7 days for the current box to leave the store and ZOS hasn't fixed the ''bug'', worst of all they don't keep the community up to date on the issue, the same community that spends time and money on game, depressive attitude....
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Since everyone is hear waiting for the update....

Here is a poem that summerizes all the updates we got for the crown crate gifting bug... But with a Twist, I made it sound
    ×Maintenance for the week of June 12:
    • PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 12

a3352324 wrote: »
    Had enough and already lost faith with the ZOS….. f being playing like 7 years above, I don’t know wether gifting mean a lot to the player base , but it was important for me since buying with gold and unlocked the cool contain is the only affordable way…

It’s like the most important of features of the game.

Since everything is ESO that is cool is behind the crown store, having a way to earn it with gold, makes it possible to play and earn it.

Other mmos have mounts you can earn, wow or ff14….

This is a disaster to know from now on, the only way to win is … well to pay.

The straw that broke the camels back

well you are only indirectly earning it with gold

someone still had to spend $ to get crowns and then spend those crowns to gift you the crates

it certainly helps people who dont want to spend real money on the crates (out of choice or because they cant afford to)

i know it wont make enough of a difference to get rid of crown crates, but im sure they are losing out on a lot of crown and/or crown crate sales because of the ~4 months with gifting disabled (almost this entire crown crate season)

There is a significant number of players engaging in gameplay to acquire gold for purchasing crates.

If I'm unable to engage in gameplay to earn gold for buying crates and instead have to work in real life to earn money for purchasing items from the Crown Store, it disrupts the cycle of needing to play the game. The essence of playing the game is compromised if I can't earn crown items through gameplay.

I disagree on the assertion that ZOS is losing money because of the gifting, as there is no evidence to support this claim.

Similarly, there is no evidence to substantiate the conspiracy theories suggesting that ZOS intentionally designs marketing strategies to gather data on consumer behavior and entice them into purchasing the 25 crate FOMO exclusive polymorph bundle.

I sure hope this gets fixed sooner then the "foreseeable future" time frame mentioned by Kevin.

yeah i mean obviously i have no way of knowing if they are actually losing money, merely inferring it from the amount of people who buy their crates through gifting with gold (and the massive amount of complaints in this thread about the lack of gifting, for exactly the reason you state that you earn gold to buy crates through gifting)

i dont necessarily believe in the conspiracy theories either, but i do think it might be a little more going on than just a bug, but im not gonna waste time speculating on that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mention of even extending any crate seasons or anything? Sheesh.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7 Days Left

Vn63k9G.png
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    welllpppp, 7 days till ragebounds crates are gone. Shame on you ZOS
  • thechiefisback
    thechiefisback
    ✭✭✭
    My comment about this going to be longer than block bug 2 months ago was actually a joke. But now it's getting ridiculous. How can you not fix that in the period of a crown crate season which is 3 months? Why only turn it off on PC and no other plattforms?
    If rage bound crates will be gone without being able to be gifted once then me and the crown crates are done.
  • Alegna
    Alegna
    ✭✭✭
    7 Days Left

Vn63k9G.png

I swear I looked like that this morning when I saw the 7 day expiration... Seriously? Why are they even expiring any of them prior to this 'so called' fix.
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alegna wrote: »
    7 Days Left

Vn63k9G.png

I swear I looked like that this morning when I saw the 7 day expiration... Seriously? Why are they even expiring any of them prior to this 'so called' fix.

Wow. Not surprised. You have to know the answer to that question. They dont care and they are out of touch. Same reason they probably wont bring the crates back that were out during this bug. And even if they come out eventually and say theyll bring the crates back after the bug fix, my point still stands. They should have already said that if they planned on doing it, which means its probably another "we broke it so you deal with the consequences" type thing from zos.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    Alegna wrote: »
    7 Days Left

Vn63k9G.png

Wow. Not surprised. You have to know the answer to that question. They dont care and they are out of touch. Same reason they probably wont bring the crates back that were out during this bug. And even if they come out eventually and say theyll bring the crates back after the bug fix, my point still stands. They should have already said that if they planned on doing it, which means its probably another "we broke it so you deal with the consequences" type thing from zos.

Probably this was their plan all along to make that exclusive polymorph only belong to the paid club.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    d64.gif
  • TheElderScrollsGod
    I would be very sad if the ragebound crates don't get extended..
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    At least give us a sale or even a crown sale.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    7 Days Left

Vn63k9G.png

Jeopardy! Music plays...
    Contestant, "Alex, I will take "7 days left" for 1000."

Alex says, "Ragebound Crate Bundle. Give your answer in the form of a question. "

Contestant, "Will gifting be fixed in time?"

Alex says, "Correct!"

*applause*

Edited by Dojohoda on June 16, 2023 2:17AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *crickets*
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    We all know the answer we will get anyway
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is fascinating. I do not know what the core problem they are trying to fix is but as a pure guess, multiuser system should use only secure transactions from the very beginning of design. "It's only a game" is not an excuse when stuff people are willing to pay either real money or just time and effort for disappears or worse, duplicates.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mizael wrote: »
    We all know the answer we will get anyway

“We don’t have an answer yet, but please stay tuned for our update next week!”

32378329.jpg
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gSQRfvJ.png

ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

If I can't buy Bitter Coast Recall using only my army of writ crafters, I am going to die inside.

All my insides, dead.

You've been warned.
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. At this time, we have no major updates regarding Crown Crate Gifting. We are actively working on the temporary solution to the Crown Crate gifting. We are also exploring our options for a more permanent fix. We'll follow up on the week of June 12th with more information. As always, thank you for your continued patience.

@ZOS_Kevin any update? 🥺🥺🥺
    Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh I was hoping for a discount at least - with all the issues going on -
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • A_Cats_Tail
    A_Cats_Tail
    ✭✭
    The fact that this high priority issue has persisted for 3 months now [snip]. I genuinely believed that this would be resolved at least by May [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 22, 2023 5:24PM
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Huh I was hoping for a discount at least - with all the issues going on -

Yup, me too. It's very inconsistent on when they discount the season's crates before they end.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on since March 13th... and ragebound crates and the shade polymorph tied to a crate bundle go away in a week. I have lost confidence in the teams ability to fully fix issues anymore. They can't fix one bug in 3 months time...
    Also wish the marketing team would figure out a make good for us.

gSQRfvJ.png

This is some serious shade!
    Edited by SimonThesis on June 16, 2023 2:56PM
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, this actually lasted an entire crown season
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uhg, why did I come here to check up on updates. It just made me even more depressed!
This discussion has been closed.