Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect it to be another 6pm est post about needing to wait until next week for an update. If I held my breath for a fix I'd be dead three months ago.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    see you next week
  • ARKANOBOT
    ARKANOBOT
    ✭✭
    jsjem wrote: »
    see you next week

haha, that confidence xD
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything comes at a price. If they fix crown crate–gifting, we won't have this thread to look forward to every day. Poetry, speculation, personal attacks, disagreements about hope itself. It's like a talent show of discontent.

Meanwhile, I see people around me enjoying the game, blissfully unaware of the outrage and controversy. Sometimes I even walk among them. But we live in two completely different worlds. Do they even know what it means to be threadpilled?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything comes at a price. If they fix crown crate–gifting, we won't have this thread to look forward to every day. Poetry, speculation, personal attacks, disagreements about hope itself. It's like a talent show of discontent.

Meanwhile, I see people around me enjoying the game, blissfully unaware of the outrage and controversy. Sometimes I even walk among them. But we live in two completely different worlds. Do they even know what it means to be threadpilled?

Here is your post in poetry forum:

In threads we pay the price,
    Where discontent's words entice.
    Crown crate-gifting seeks repair,
    Talent show of strife and flair.

Two worlds, in contrast, we reside,
    Blissful ignorance by their side.
    Threadpilled, a concept unknown,
    Poetry, outrage, each thread sown.

Diverse paths in games we find,
    In differing minds, truths unwind.
    In brevity's embrace, we'll see,
    The tapestry of threads, unfree.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    Bruh, we just want the update at this point ☠️
    Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    if theres no date this time, just another next week post, seems fitting most people here will uninstall. Seems preorders are being cancelled as well amongst some people. not that it really hurts zos as its prob a small base of people, but sucks to have your favorite game's devs not really be transparent with you, and just have a 3 month long problem. Might be time to uninstall for me
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi, everyone.

We’re here to provide our weekly update on the Crown Crate gifting issue. While the fix we implemented is working as intended, we have identified an additional issue that our teams are working to resolve. This issue will take some time to investigate and resolve, so unfortunately Crown Crate gifting will remain unavailable for the foreseeable future as we work on a long-term solution.

In the meantime, we are working on a limited, temporary solution for Crown Crate gifting. We hope to have that solution in place and full details to share with you in the coming weeks. Thanks again for your continued patience as we work to resolve this issue.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi, everyone.

We’re here to provide our weekly update on the Crown Crate gifting issue. While the fix we implemented is working as intended, we have identified an additional issue that our teams are working to resolve. This issue will take some time to investigate and resolve, so unfortunately Crown Crate gifting will remain unavailable for the foreseeable future as we work on a long-term solution.

In the meantime, we are working on a limited, temporary solution for Crown Crate gifting. We hope to have that solution in place and full details to share with you in the coming weeks. Thanks again for your continued patience as we work to resolve this issue.

no offense but you're just asking to be thrown to the starving wolves at this point in time....
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crate gifting you will be missed...
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    \0/
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I can't fathom, in the code and the management of data, what could possibly be so complicated to make Crowns Crates non giftable while, correct me if I'm wrong, other items remain giftable.

[snip]

And I know the typical user response of "just do [this or that]" is overly simplistic and often unwarranted but level with me here, what's so specific about the Crown Crates?

Just my 2 cents no one wanted to read...

[edited for conspiracy theories]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 22, 2023 8:29PM
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    so theres an issue PREVENTING bring gifting back

BUT

they are working on an ALTERNATIVE to crown gifting they cant wait to tell us about in the coming weeks.

[snip]

so every other platform will be able to gift crates, but PC will have a NEW thing in the coming weeks.

[snip]

[edited for conspiracy theories]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 22, 2023 8:32PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, everyone.

What is the actual issue?
    Edited by Destai on May 22, 2023 8:17PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that other parts of the game are finally starting to see the same level of neglect that PVP and combat have seen for years. Hope this leads to the company as a whole receiving enough negative PR that they're forced to change their obviously flawed approach to fixing bugs and communicating with their community.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, just for the record - crown crate gifting is definitely not getting taken away, but it's also definitely not going to be available for the foreseeable future, a decision that was reached after almost three months of investigations. Cool. Definitely seems completely legit and I do not feel the need to make any further posts in this thread.

(although I'll still keep making those compilation posts if people do actually find them helpful)
    Edited by muscle_witch on May 22, 2023 8:35PM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting and conspiracy theories. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community. We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to think of something constructive to say....
    There is not much that keeps me coming back to this game except the community. I spend my time farming because Iv done pretty much everything in the game. The only reason I farm for hours a day, is to increase my pocketbook, since I have nothing else to do in the game. I do this so I can purchase Crown Crates with the gold I make.

I already pay monthly.
    I buy all expansions.
    I get all the DLCs.

Getting a "Slap in the face" excuse seems counterintuitive to the community as a whole. And does nothing but instill distrust to an already weakened reputation of ZoS.

But, Im sure they know what they are doing. They will continue giving non-consequential updates as long as the community continues to harass them. Eventually the community will become somber and unresponsive to these measures. At which point the updates will stop, having nothing else more to say other then "It is what it is". Any further communication as to why its not working, will be largely ignored by ZoS, and will be given links to threads that are already closed that explain that they have nothing to say. At that point the community will become disinterested in being ignored and given the runabout and move on to other things...
    Leaving ZoS in the clear to continue doing what they do.
  • LordeGian
    LordeGian
    ✭✭
    I don't know what to do with so much gold now, is anyone interested in buying?
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to say I told you so and I'm tired. Just so tired.

I'm not commenting again on this thread because I'm done spending money. I'll wait for a fix and if it never comes, then neither does my wallet on gambling in this game.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a few incontrovertible facts:

The vast majority of cosmetics in the game can only be acquired via gambling on time-gated crates thus encouraging poor impulse control.

They have two premium currencies, one is sold in odd quantities that don't actually match the price of anything that is sold in the cash shop, the other is acquired as a diminished byproduct of gambling thus obfuscating the actual cost of purchases.

This means that they are reasonably serious about profiting from the cash shop therefore this is the one system that they are invested on making sure it works flawlessly.

It is known that purchasing crown crates with in-game gold is very popular therefore it drives real money transactions; someone is buying the crowns used to purchase the crates that are being gifted.

There crown crates do not contain any item that can confer an unfair advantage to players.

The issues are unrelated to crown crates themselves. Players, in countries where available, can still purchase them and mechanically they are perfectly functional.

There have been zero reports of gifted crates behaving in a way that is different to crates purchased directly.

Therefore is reasonable to hypothesise that this is a 'bug' that is most likely affecting the publisher.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone.

"IN THE COMING WEEKS" If this is going to take WEEKS, then seriously, SERIOUSLY consider doing an in-depth explanation for us about what is going on. "Weeks" means you, at this point, owe us one. We are not happy. Tell us why this is so complicated. Talk to us lioe adults. Get someone from the team to talk to us. By the Eight, do something more than this appeasement your bosses are telling you should be enough. It is not. This is a failure. The team needs to consider their options openly with us. We are sick and tired of this. Bugs in general have held this game back. You owe us this. It's been a quarter of a year, and weeks more to come. Do better, guys.
    Edited by Aka_ on May 23, 2023 1:57PM
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    Hi, everyone.

"IN THE COMING WEEKS" If this is going to take WEEKS, then seriously, SERIOUSLY consider doing an in-depth explanation for us about what is going on. $Weeks" means you, at this point, owe us one. We are not happy. Tell us why this is so complicated. Talk to us lioe adults. Get someone from the team to talk to us. By the Eight, do something more than this appeasement your bosses are telling you should be enough. It is not. This is a failure. The team needs to consider their options openly with us. We are sick and tired of this. Bugs in general have held this game back. You owe us this. It's been a quarter of a year, and weeks more to come. Do better, guys.

In coming weeks is not acceptable.

These crates go away and there is no fix, you will not be getting a cent from me, tired of this BS

I have enough gold to last me more than enough time to go without ESO Plus and will happily never buy it again.
  • hisoka
    hisoka
    81 days still not fixed , this feels like its more intended more than a bug
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is certainly disappointing. Not surprising. I am struggling mightily to think of something constructive to say, so I'll just leave it at some wishful thinking...

Hey zos, how about just letting us buy the things we want directly instead of locking 90% of stuff behind crates, if they're causing so many issues? I mean, right? If these crates are so buggy and have so many issues going on and it's taking a team weeks and weeks to investigate and find solutions... maybe it would be easier to just ditch the whole thing? Seriously. Take my money. (You won't be a seeing another CENT of it while this nonsense continues).
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on May 23, 2023 3:40AM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In realms where tales and quests collide,
    As lead of Immersive quests, my heart swelled wide.
    Excitement bubbled within, a joy profound,
    To share the add-on, bundle, and crates around.

A team of writers and testers, they all gave,
    Pouring efforts, a gift for players to save.
    For the community's delight, we tirelessly toiled,
    Ambitious dreams, over 2400 quests coiled.

Inscribed in words, we crafted grand directions,
    Hoping to spark the gamers' vivid affections.
    To reward the teammates, their dedication strong,
    Gifts of crown crates, a sweet applause in song.

But alas, a bug crept in, a blight unbowed,
    Breaking goodwill, a fracture in the crowd.
    Communication failed, those who missed the treat,
    Disappointment lingers, a bitter defeat.

Yet my girlfriend opened my eyes, whispering wise,
    A corporate tale beneath ambition's guise.
    For-profit they stand, their coffers full,
    Change may not come, a sorrowful pull.

But still, I yearn for unity's embrace,
    To mend the bond, restore the smiling face.
    Though challenges persist, hope remains alive,
    In this tale of gamers, may compassion thrive.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? We waited another week to get the same response, AGAIN?

This issue and the lack of a fix for this long really puts me off to play the game.
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone.

why cant you tell us what the issue is? clearly it works. zos put them back on, why do people at zos constantly, for years, talk about doing better, and having better communication, but you wont answer some simple questions for your unreasonable request. Like its an unreasonable to request patience while you offer little to no information.

What is the issue? Is it a bug or a glitch?

Can you not reveal much about it because it is some kind of exploit?

Why were you able to turn them back on for a couple hours one day? Or was that a bug too?

Do you have plans to bring back the crates that we missed on PC specifically? (within a reasonable timeframe when you turn gifting back on) Which would be an extremely easy thing for zos to do and also give the players a simple reassurance that we will be able to try and get the stuff we missed when gifting is back on. Like off the top of my head we've missed, gloomspore, aeylied, iron atro, and most likely, with the way things are going, ragebound. And im sure there are more.

Eso has a terrible reward system, this is well known both in and out of the community. Zos chose to make it this way. I cant go out and farm a mount i want from a boss or something. I have to gamble for mounts that i like in crown crates. Mounts that mind you have a lower drop chance than most of the mounts i have been farming for years in world of warcraft, usually around a 1% drop chance where as the crate mounts have a roughly 0.2-0.3% chance. Pretty crazy to think about, but at least normally it can be done with gold and i dont have to spend thousands of dollars (which is crazy) to either get lucky or find my way to 2500 gems.
    Edited by Lags on May 23, 2023 1:30AM
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel badly for Kevin. He's not the one making the changes, or troubleshooting them, he's a communicator, working with what he's allowed to say.

That said, this is infuriating. Nothing against Kevin, at all.

This just feels intentional, and I'm starting to feel like these guys:

giphy.gif
    Edited by Kirawolfe on May 23, 2023 1:38AM
This discussion has been closed.