Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where we supposed to be getting a update?
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. We have an update regarding Crown Crate gifting and where we are in the process outlined last week. Yesterday, we deployed a fix related to the ongoing Crown Crate gifting issue. We are currently evaluating if the fix fully resolved the issue, and reviewing results as quickly as possible. We will have another update for you no later than Monday, May 15.

Is it today that we will have a final answer on the problem? and will we finally have a solution? the mount and the polymorph leave the store in 10 days
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys we all know this will be an update to give the date for the next update.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin have some good news please
  • KENDALLPOP
    KENDALLPOP
    ✭✭✭
    Is today going to be another update about a future update?
  • Harqun
    Harqun
    ✭✭
    By the time this is fixed, assuming it does indeed get fixed, given it has taken so long to address. I feel we need to manage expectations as when this is fixed it will most likely be with the next crown crate release. This ordeal has been insightful to say the least.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to stop leaving us alone with our own thoughts.... Just saying.

Truer words were never spoken.

(well, they were, but this is on point)
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all remember all Kevin can do is relay what the bug fixers are doing. Its not his fault the bug fixers haven't fixed it yet. I wish the bug fixers in this game were as good as the artists designing the mounts and houses. At least he's been giving us updates that's really all we can ask for.
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 15, 2023 7:34PM
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    any info yet?
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has reached the point where compensation is demanded from the player base. over 2 months of waiting... they need to assign more people to the problem.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    says no later than today's date
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has reached the point where compensation is demanded from the player base. over 2 months of waiting... they need to assign more people to the problem.

It may get to the point of too many chefs in the kitchen. They need bug fixers that can reliably fix the game.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    any update @ZOS_Kevin ?
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, I really was expecting something around noon. Surprised to check this afternoon and nothing.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thank you once again for your patience while we work on the issue with Crown Crate gifting. As a reminder, on May 9 we pushed a back-end update to all six realms during maintenance. While initial results look good, we are still monitoring. We will share our next update and more details with you on Monday, May 22.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you once again for your patience while we work on the issue with Crown Crate gifting. As a reminder, on May 9 we pushed a back-end update to all six realms during maintenance. While initial results look good, we are still monitoring. We will share our next update and more details with you on Monday, May 22.

Any communication is always better than no communication. So, thank you.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here
    Staff Post
  • Berdusk
    Berdusk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but this seems to be becoming an endless game of Kick The Can. Updates are appreciated, but this is getting ridiculous.

https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:475/1*CfD7Y7LtZPfd_uFZNp0w6g.gif
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess saying its so sad its getting funny is unnecessary back and forth.

Instead I shall say, well done ZOS! Thank you for your update about when the next update is. You guys are the best. Especially your moderation. Its so good, that we dont even see it happening sometimes.I just love these updates honestly. I feel so informed about what is going on with this situation. We even know why its happening, and when it will be fixed, or at least when next to be told it will be fixed, where we will wait all day to hear when we will next be told when it will be fixed.

Its almost a meme now. Wanting to give zos money so we can make our friends happy, but instead for two months as crates come and go, we have no where to spend that money on our friends... so maybe we should go buy them another game.

I'm joking, obviously. I'm sure we can all see where the joke is.
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    imagine wanting to spend money only to be told for almost 3 months now that you cant and the only update is "we will update you next week" repeatedly. thats the issue. deleting comments. Understandable to not be transparent in the sense of what the exploit or issue was exactly, but these "updates" are hardly that. people wanna spend money and now dont.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Ya I always buy crates with gold as well as actual cash but if this issue isnt resolved before the ragebound crates go, I wont be buying any at all. Not a single cent for crown purchases for me at all if this continues to the end of the ragebound crates.

we've got only a month and a few weeks left... thats half the crown crate's cycle already and the only update from the team pushing the fix is we'll see you next week.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Am trying to be patient but BY SHOR come on.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gonna get fixed any day now.
    truck-crash.gif
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Raulfran891
    Raulfran891
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope we are able to give crowncrates because this is a big problem if you have a friend who wants some boxes and doesn't have money to invest in crowns and you want to give as a gift some crown crates.
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unreal.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a reminder, on May 9 we pushed a back-end update to all six realms during maintenance. While initial results look good, we are still monitoring.

We got more questions than answers again. What specifically was the back-end update hoping to fix? If the results looked good why hasn't gifting been turned back on? What are you monitoring for exactly? Why exactly was gifting turned off? (Many of us speculate its due to an exploit but thats still a guess).
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    really trying to be patient but man this is wearing mine thin, very thin. If it wasnt for mym I wouldn't even be playing. Just hoping the fix comes along before these crates go because my desire to play or do anything is just about gone.

Was having a lot of fun with this event, then saw this "update", is depressing. All this time spent making gold, I pretty much have nothing to use it all for if not for crownstore purchases.

Y'all really need to have something more than see you next week on the 22nd. OR SOONER preferably, lord.
  • nikdmy
    nikdmy
    Soul Shriven
    unbelievable
  • cerffgy
    cerffgy
    Soul Shriven
    Well, lets wait until May 22 to receive no details at all about what is going on and being asked to wait, again.

Top tier communication. :)))
This discussion has been closed.