Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. As noted previously, we want to provide an update on the next steps toward getting Crown Crate gifting back online on PC. We currently have a prospective fix currently being tested. Once testing concludes, we will schedule a date for the fix's deploy ASAP. This fix will also include a configuration change that lowers the login timer when switching between NA and EU (or EU and NA) realms back to what it used to be. We will follow up with an update next week to update on our progress here. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    So by 6 more weeks
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. As noted previously, we want to provide an update on the next steps toward getting Crown Crate gifting back online on PC. We currently have a prospective fix currently being tested. Once testing concludes, we will schedule a date for the fix's deploy ASAP. This fix will also include a configuration change that lowers the login timer when switching between NA and EU (or EU and NA) realms back to what it used to be. We will follow up with an update next week to update on our progress here. Thank you for your continued patience.

will ZOS be compensating players who missed out on all these crates due to "bugs"
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say the timer will go back to what it used to be, does that mean there will be no timer? We were previously able to log into both NA and EU simultaneously (no timer). Will this functionality be restored?
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the strong feeling, the fix will be out when the Rage crates will be done and gone :(
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    oversleeps wrote: »

will ZOS be compensating players who missed out on all these crates due to "bugs"

Of course not
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doubt we'll get any compensation.
  • Harqun
    Harqun
    ✭✭

With the responses of late, may as well save the time and say "We got nothing".
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭

That's it? I was expecting more info, you guys scheduled an update to talk about scheduling another update, it feels like we're running in circles now.

Can we have an explanation on why it was enabled and disabled again? And why you guys couldn't just leave it functioning? A proper explanation on what is happening might calm people's nerves, it's been two months and we don't even have information other than it's a bug causing it, or maybe the bug itself isn't causing this issue but you guys disabled it to prevent it from happening any further?

I really hope I'm wrong but everything screams like you guys aren't giving this issue the proper attention.
  • wolfcrisp
    wolfcrisp
    ✭✭
    wolfcrisp wrote: »
    Arictheana wrote: »
    Update's coming tomorrow y'all

we hope anyways

x to doubt

Can't wait for tomorrow so we can hear that they are working on it and the cycle starts over again

Hope they make me swallow my words lol

I do have psychic powers y'all!!! I was right!

Remind me to go to the horse races tomorrow
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We will follow up with another update next week"

Jesus Christ, people.
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be fixed before iron atronach crates leave.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone happen to know when the timer to switch between EU and NA was implemented? Was it after the crown crates gifting got disabled?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know when the timer to switch between EU and NA was implemented? Was it after the crown crates gifting got disabled?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630113/hotfix-for-pc-megaservers-3-27-2023

OP noticed that crates were no longer 'giftable' on 03/03

• RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    RevJJ wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630113/hotfix-for-pc-megaservers-3-27-2023

OP noticed that crates were no longer 'giftable' on 03/03

Ok, so…

1) crown crates gifting is disabled
    2) login timer is added when switching servers
    3) in the latest update on crown crates gifting it’s mentioned the login timer will be removed again.

Sounds a bit like the bug was an exploit they’re trying to fix. Which would be understandable.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why if crown crate gifting has been disabled we still need to have the login timer on server switching.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Lashing out against the community team, moderators, developers or the game leads is not the right way to get answers for many ongoing issues. I really would suggest being calm with these kinds of problems and wait patiently for any update that Kevin, Gina or Jess can deliver.

The problem is their entire communication strategy on these forums engenders a lot of hostility. Myself and many others have been calm and professional in our feedback and questions, but all too many times it's ignored. You can't have persistent moderation with very little engagement and not expect people to be mad. It's been a visible problem for years, and they need to realize that turtling up isn't the solution. ZOS having a warmer approach would result in a warmer reception.

And from what I've seen, it feels less like players lashing out and more like people expecting community management professionals to have professional engagement. No one should be personally disrespecting anyone, but there's a lot of room for professional or process improvement here.
    Abadd wrote: »

That's it? I was expecting more info, you guys scheduled an update to talk about scheduling another update, it feels like we're running in circles now.

Can we have an explanation on why it was enabled and disabled again? And why you guys couldn't just leave it functioning? A proper explanation on what is happening might calm people's nerves, it's been two months and we don't even have information other than it's a bug causing it, or maybe the bug itself isn't causing this issue but you guys disabled it to prevent it from happening any further?

I really hope I'm wrong but everything screams like you guys aren't giving this issue the proper attention.

@ZOS_Kevin Can you get us an answer to these very direct questions? People are just asking for some context.
    Edited by Destai on May 4, 2023 9:15PM
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] - it's not like Zos has ever been good with community engagement or addressing player concerns and they've done just fine for themselves, [snip]

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 5, 2023 6:13PM
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of people in here demanding ZoS tells us exactly why there is an issue is ridiculous. Have you ever stopped and thought that maybe they're not telling us the issue because the bug is really bad and has to do with infinite crowns or something? You're not entitled to any information at all.

If I was running a company and this was the kind of bug they were fixing, I'd want them to withhold as much information as possible until it was fixed.

They have committed to giving us weekly updates, which is perfectly fine.

If you're not happy with how long this has taken to fix, apply for a job if you have the expertise in it. If not, learn and then apply, then you can get the results you want.

Anyone who knows coding knows that it isn't as simple as "write a line of code and done", and finding a bug fix isn't massively simple either. These things take time.
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Why won't you answer our questions?
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheForFeeF wrote: »
    The amount of people in here demanding ZoS tells us exactly why there is an issue is ridiculous. Have you ever stopped and thought that maybe they're not telling us the issue because the bug is really bad and has to do with infinite crowns or something? You're not entitled to any information at all.

If I was running a company and this was the kind of bug they were fixing, I'd want them to withhold as much information as possible until it was fixed.

If you're not happy with how long this has taken to fix, apply for a job if you have the expertise in it. If not, learn and then apply, then you can get the results you want.

Anyone who knows coding knows that it isn't as simple as "write a line of code and done", and finding a bug fix isn't massively simple either. These things take time.

Having a bit more context around why the most monetized portion of the game suddenly has features enabled and disabled in a short timeframe isn't unreasonable. That's different than "fix it now". They have a history of holding their cards close to their chest, and a history of players get upset at the lack of engagement. The two are related.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for following through with an update Kevin. But it does feel like we're just going in circles here at this point.

Updates on when we can expect future updates on when to expect an update on a process for a potential solution... Two months into this issue now. Sigh. Someone higher up the chain at ZoS should really communicate with us here.
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Having a bit more context around why the most monetized portion of the game suddenly has features enabled and disabled in a short timeframe isn't unreasonable. That's different than "fix it now". They have a history of holding their cards close to their chest, and a history of players get upset at the lack of engagement. The two are related.

That could have simply been an accident. It is entirely possible that a dev was meaning to push something to an internal client and didn't realise that it was being pushed to the live client.

I would highly recommend to stop looking into things more than they need to be. You making ZoS seem like they are the enemy and creating a conspiracy. You're connecting 2 dots that don't even exist close to each other.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    "We can only provide detailed information about the issue when its solved"

That would be enough for me
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like watching this thread multiply is almost entertainment. If only I didnt want to buy crates myself XD
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    Aorys wrote: »
    "We can only provide detailed information about the issue when its solved"

That would be enough for me

Same, given the possible relation between the bug and the timer between server logins, I do believe they're trying to fix an exploit of some kind, sharing details about things like that might do more harm than good, I did wish they would make that clear to us tho.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

That could have simply been an accident. It is entirely possible that a dev was meaning to push something to an internal client and didn't realise that it was being pushed to the live client.

I would highly recommend to stop looking into things more than they need to be. You making ZoS seem like they are the enemy and creating a conspiracy. You're connecting 2 dots that don't even exist close to each other.

If that's your impression, you've misunderstood something, so I'll clarify for you. When I said, "the two are related", I'm referring to the relationship between scarce communication and people being upset. Given the temperature of the thread, I'd say we're seeing that relationship unfold in real time.

Look - it's a flagship feature on their bread-winning product. People want to know why it's not fixed yet, what the core issue actually is, and what the impact is from this accident. I don't see how any of that seems unreasonable and conspiratorial.

My thing is I'd be very hesitant to purchase crates in light of this issue, even for just myself. I don't truly know the scope of the issue. All I see is major functionality impaired and very little clarification if there's impact elsewhere. So, I'm not buying any of these until it's either fixed or they demonstrate it won't impact crates purchases in general.
    Edited by Destai on May 4, 2023 9:41PM
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet it's getting crown crates on both na and eu. Using 2 different computers or something.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    its getting to the point where I've pretty much stopped caring about this crown crate problem. I do hope it does get fixed but it doesn't seem to happen anytime soon.

besides Zos isn't gonna compensate us for this error despite it plaguing us for months on end.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the communication has been excellent. A lot of people are just impatient. Now we have a pretty good idea of why they had to turn off crown crates, people were abusing it cross servers in some way. They have a fix, now we just need to be patient a bit longer.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
This discussion has been closed.