Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Mara nerf not enough

• Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Right now Mara do stronger class such as DK or NB MUCH powerfull in pvp . So if ZOS nerf Mara again it will nerf DK and NB a little bit...
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    Right now Mara do stronger class such as DK or NB MUCH powerfull in pvp . So if ZOS nerf Mara again it will nerf DK and NB a little bit...

I'm told sorcs really like it for the burst heal
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Missing stendarr set from list
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on April 18, 2023 11:41AM
    Options
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need to see a change to poison/hemorrhage/burning. In many optimal builds, you're basically applying 2 if not 3 of those for free while you are placing actual other skill-dots on someone. You're applying 4-6 dots in 2-3 GCDs.

Dots should be viable choice - not free bonus dps if you happen to be a DK and/or using charged weapon or overloaded skills. Incentivize dot play but at some cost...
    Options
  • Red99
    Red99
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why they don't have significantly nerfed mara's after all this time, everyone admits that this set is overpowered
    Options
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Red99 wrote: »
    I still don't understand why they don't have significantly nerfed mara's after all this time, everyone admits that this set is overpowered

Because ZOS's team childrens play ESO as DK or NB and use Mara in pvp, and they like them. So why would good parent make his child cry?
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    f24i5tj7z0df.png
    Hallelujah
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's a dead set
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i11ionward wrote: »
    f24i5tj7z0df.png

i-saw-that-coming-jolie-jenkins.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f24i5tj7z0df.png
    Hallelujah

As much as I'm happy about maras nerf. I just know this set will be replaced eventually with an even more oppressive set. This game always has a cycle of new OP procs coming and taking the place of other procs. We love cheese in this game after all
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely warranted nerf, and probably still not enough to get the majority of people using it now to stop slotting it.

Wish they'd stop introducing sets like this to begin with. They serve no purpose other than damaging the PVP experience overall.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    f24i5tj7z0df.png
    Hallelujah

As much as I'm happy about maras nerf. I just know this set will be replaced eventually with an even more oppressive set. This game always has a cycle of new OP procs coming and taking the place of other procs. We love cheese in this game after all

You shouldn't be surprised by this. That's the circle of life here.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f24i5tj7z0df.png
    Hallelujah

Probably, but tonight we shall celebrate and rest easy, knowing that it is finally over.

(it is still the best set for removing negative effects, but at least you can have your dots tick for the full duration twice per minute)
    Edited by Vaqual on April 24, 2023 6:37PM
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now if they fix Backlash to actually do damage under battle spirit, it will be worth slotting again.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On one hand I am glad that they nerfed OP set. On the other hand I am sad that they introduced a balance problem they had to resolve later. And... well... there are plenty of "unbalanced" sets left. Is it wise to make a "MacGuffin" so that every one will try to get and then nerf it ? It has become very predicable - to the point that I have not grinded Mara or spend gold to get it from guild traders.

Looking at the upcoming sets, I know for sure that many of them are bound to get nerfed. That new mythic with 50% dmg reduction ? I am not evne gonna bother grinding it tbh. I am not even sure if that potion cooldown set won't get nerfed because with it you can stack pretty ridiculous potion cool-downs with it.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 24, 2023 6:45PM
    Options
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's finally over boys, we get to play the game again
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    And it's a dead set

We'll see. I doubt it
    Options
  • Red99
    Red99
    ✭✭✭
    We made it guys finally, it was the most broken defensive set ever
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I...I don't know if I remember how to play without it...

I'm scared
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    And it's a dead set

No pity.
    And I don’t think that people will stop wearing maras, but they will remember that there are other protective sets.
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, even at a 30s CD this is very likely still the strongest defensive set in the game and will still be extremely frustrating to fight against. At least now you have a reasonable window to pressure your target in between maras procs, though.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of strong players didn't wear this set. This set was very strong due to the healing it provided, but if the battle spirit was reduced back from 50 to 44, then defensive sets that gave armor and percentage damage reduction would give a better result. This is the damage dot meta. That is why many complain about the same magician sorcerer. A banal example of the fact that mara is not as strong as you think. This is a battle against nb. Nb do not use dot damage and they do not apply negative effects and your set is useless against them. A set that gives armor or critical resistance is much more effective than mara. Mara is strong? Dk strong?? The answer is simple. Damage because there is no one. I used to kill players in 3 seconds as a necromancer. Without using Dc. And mara did not help such players. In the battle against players using a set of fire and dueling with a dragonstar, it also does not help much. These sets deal more than mara restore. You raised the set to the sky and now the next set will go to the trash as they did not do it right with Ironblood. Now this set is not needed in pvp or pve. Ruined a wonderful set.

Now Mara lies next to the garbage dump. It remains only to finish off with your reviews and he will finally disappear from the game. During the entire time of the game, how many kits were returned to service? How many sets were destroyed irretrievably. Do you want to relax? Go pee.
    Edited by Melzo on April 24, 2023 7:31PM
    Options
  • ujimax
    ujimax
    ✭✭
    The irony is that this set was such a cool idea to level the playing field for people who didnt have a purge buddy (with plaguebreak being the counter for raids spamming purge every second) and instead (sadly i never got to use maras) ended up making the "gid gud small scalers on CE" immortal.
    Options
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    I would have been happy with 20 seconds but 30? Yes and thank you, finally
    Options
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    I mean, even at a 30s CD this is very likely still the strongest defensive set in the game and will still be extremely frustrating to fight against. At least now you have a reasonable window to pressure your target in between maras procs, though.

It really was a matter of watching for all your debuffs to disappear so you knew when you could push again, wasn't it?
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a fair nerf in my opinion. You will have to think before adding a set to your build, this is a non-default option now. The set still looks great on the backbar, you can get strong burst heals and clear on demand.
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    f24i5tj7z0df.png
    Hallelujah

React wrote: »
    Extremely warranted nerf, and probably still not enough to get the majority of people using it now to stop slotting it.

Wish they'd stop introducing sets like this to begin with. They serve no purpose other than damaging the PVP experience overall.

The evil has only been stayed for a little while. We must stay vigilant.
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On one hand I am glad that they nerfed OP set. On the other hand I am sad that they introduced a balance problem they had to resolve later. And... well... there are plenty of "unbalanced" sets left. Is it wise to make a "MacGuffin" so that every one will try to get and then nerf it ? It has become very predicable - to the point that I have not grinded Mara or spend gold to get it from guild traders.

Looking at the upcoming sets, I know for sure that many of them are bound to get nerfed. That new mythic with 50% dmg reduction ? I am not evne gonna bother grinding it tbh. I am not even sure if that potion cooldown set won't get nerfed because with it you can stack pretty ridiculous potion cool-downs with it.

Let me put this into perspective: as bad as Mara's balm is, Nocturnal's Ploy was originally so busted and scary that it got the majority of the focus and pleas for nerfs that Maras was able to slip through relatively unaccosted. It's sad because this kind of stuff is what made ESO lose many of my favorite ESO streamers. I don't know if they will ever come back and that makes me sad... But not as sad as I could be because I am also hanging on by a thread. If not for the new class, I would not have any interest in continuing to play the game.
    Options
  • Zeraw86
    Zeraw86
    ✭✭
    Bye Bye Maras Balm, and Welcome Back Rallying Cry.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno. Still get effectively a HoT boost, base healing modifier, crit resist, armor, and still a full purge and maybe even a bigger 2nd burst heal due to waiting 30 seconds to accumulate negative effects.

I not sure it's dead, or even less than ideal on any class that doesn't have a reasonable cost purge. Probably just needed to remove an effect or limit the amount of things purged
    Options