Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 38 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

• Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really cool stuff this time around. Would like to see the Envlave and Ship get their item limits bumped up. Thank you for doing a house that can be purchased for gold.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of a ship house. The ship looks great, and there are some really neat features.

The scale seems off, though. I feel tiny walking around on it. Looking down from the top level, the water is way too far away. I realize nothing we write changes anything and this will release "as is," but the height seems about 2 times what it ought to be, and the length and width feel about 1.5 times too big. If you ever release a smaller version, I'm in. As it is, this just doesn't feel like a period ship.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of a ship house. The ship looks great, and there are some really neat features.

The scale seems off, though. I feel tiny walking around on it. Looking down from the top level, the water is way too far away. I realize nothing we write changes anything and this will release "as is," but the height seems about 2 times what it ought to be, and the length and width feel about 1.5 times too big. If you ever release a smaller version, I'm in. As it is, this just doesn't feel like a period ship.

I got this Lilliputian feeling as well. It's as if we have stowed away on a ship built for giants who have somehow jumped overboard or otherwise mysteriously disappeared. And it's not an incongruency that is easily dismissed.

It's curious, because ZOS is well aware of the discontent with their issuing of gigantic homes that still look empty when the current furnishing caps are reached. They could have saved a lot of assets and created something more to actual scale that could be more reasonably filled with furnishings, and at the same time not created an atmosphere of dissonance by making everything to an unreasonable and illogical scale.

And you are correct that there will be no revamp this close to release. I think most housing enthusiasts will try to put realism aside and happily open their wallets simply because of the newness of the concept, combined with the large number of requests for ship housing.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new houses and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What are your general thoughts on new houses?
    • What do you think of the new furnishings?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Sure would be nice if you could post pictures of the new furnishings so us console players could at least give any feedback we may have about them from the pictures alone.

Stay safe :)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    This is the official feedback thread for the new houses and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What are your general thoughts on new houses?
    • What do you think of the new furnishings?

Sure would be nice if you could post pictures of the new furnishings so us console players could at least give any feedback we may have about them from the pictures alone.

Stay safe :)

Just an FYI: There are a few ESO housing related groups on Facebook that regularly post photos and videos of everything new that's housing related on the current PTS. Also a lot of builds are shared as well.
  • Aminatu
    Aminatu
    ✭✭✭
    I would still love to have a small hut or something in Galen. Preferably in Vastyr. Just a small hovel or room somewhere there. Nothing fancy.

I'd also love the utensils from the compass rose setting thing to be available individually-- fork, knife, spoon. I know that is from last pack, but its still do-able.

I do like the various flora options from the furnishing vendors.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aminatu wrote: »
    I would still love to have a small hut or something in Galen. Preferably in Vastyr. Just a small hovel or room somewhere there. Nothing fancy.

That one old Bosmer's hut in that little glade with the creek in Isobel's introductory quest. It was so beautiful and so perfect. Maybe exchange the cliffs and rock for a little forest glade....
  • Mokubahv
    Mokubahv
    Soul Shriven
    The new homes are awesome, but they are rather oversized for the furnishing limit as others have mentioned already. Still pretty cool though.

The Necrom manor really feels more like a business front than a home (which the name does elude to, I suppose), so it would be nice if we could get a smaller home on the penninsula sometime in the future, whether classic Dunmeri or something like a small mushroom home. For the Necrom home though, I will say the secret exit to the Outlaw's Refuge was fire. When I saw it, I was like, "nah...that has to be decorative," but it works!! Genious and definite selling point. I could use more homes like that. <3

I am a bit bummed the ship home is pre-allianced. Would it be possible to give us an option of which alliance we would like out home to support or even have no alliance? I feel there are quite a few alliance loyal players that may be reticent to purchase the house if it doesn't support their alliance.

The new furnishings are awesome, especially all the new Telvanni ones. We can always use more of those beauties. I was a bit surprised there wasn't a furnished Telvanni bookcase available though. Next patch, I won't complain if you give us even more Telvanni furnishings, scholarly items, and enchanted lights. I also did feel the balance of Apocrypha items didn't match up with Necrom and Telvanni. They seemed scarce in number by comparison.

While exploring the penninsula, I did find a crafting station with an adorable painted birdhouse on the floor nearby and got excited thinking that was one of the new furnishings. Would that be something that can be added in the future? I love adorable nicknacks and we could always use more.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I got this Lilliputian feeling as well. It's as if we have stowed away on a ship built for giants who have somehow jumped overboard or otherwise mysteriously disappeared. And it's not an incongruency that is easily dismissed.

It's curious, because ZOS is well aware of the discontent with their issuing of gigantic homes that still look empty when the current furnishing caps are reached. They could have saved a lot of assets and created something more to actual scale that could be more reasonably filled with furnishings, and at the same time not created an atmosphere of dissonance by making everything to an unreasonable and illogical scale.

And you are correct that there will be no revamp this close to release. I think most housing enthusiasts will try to put realism aside and happily open their wallets simply because of the newness of the concept, combined with the large number of requests for ship housing.

Now that I've had the chance to look around, I really must agree that it feels a little too big. Uncanny valley big.

It is a bit of a shame because I really love the idea of a ship house that moves, but I'm not entirely sold on this because it just....feels like yet another gigantic mansion house. One that will, again, be hard to furnish properly both because of the slot limit and because of how much time/energy/gold/money it would take to outfit the whole thing....

I will wait and see how much it costs, but I imagine it would be quite expensive and I will have to decide if I really want it down the line....

Ah well. I still hope one day for more medium sized houses...Though I greatly appreciate the effort the housing devs have gone with these latest houses.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep saying the ship is too large? unlike other houses you don't need to do any landscaping, that alone will save you a LOT of furniture not to mention you do not need to fill every nook and cranny with items, stick to realistic furnishing and you will be fine.

I have seen someone build a fully furnished castle in Coldharbour with 700 item slots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfq9haQ7AqQ&amp;ab_channel=Zypheran

• Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    ZOS “we’d like to get your feedback on houses”

90% of players “all the new houses are too big for the number of furnishing slots, we want smaller houses”

ZOS “Ok so in response to that here’s more gigantic houses that are too big to furnish even with 700 slots”

That being said, I love the ship… but there’s too much space for the number of slots. As usual.

I wonder if they will surprise us with increasing the furniture item limit.

I like the huge houses, but it is really difficult to decorate with only 700 slots.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say thank you for adding stand alone pickpocketing furnishings to the new zone! That was one of the best things about the Morrowind expansion, and a nice perk for those who engage in the justice system. They kind of moved away from that with Summerset, but the first Elsweyr chapter was the best for unique lootable furnishings. Then zero in Southern Elsweyr and beyond. So it was a pleasant surprise to see that time was taken to populate the pockets with cool stuff again.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely agree that it would be nice if the ship wasn't so heavily Covenant themed. I know that it's reusing assets, but even if it's just having white sails instead of blue sails, that would help. Best case scenario would be being able to change the lion head to an eagle or a dragon for the other alliances. Or something neutral like a mermaid.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love all three houses!
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    I do have some feedback for general Housing and Furnishings in the Necrom Zone:

There are SEVERAL furnishings stuck in the structures of homes, businesses and surrounding area. This includes:

a bench, books and lamp - Pos 0.3803, 0.5193, Necrom, Mages Guild
    a Nightstand - Pos 0.3794, 0.5193, Necrom, Mages Guild
    a flower pot - Pos 0.3823 0.5197, Necrom, Mages Guild
    another lamp - Pos 0.3824, 0.5267, Necrom, Mages Guild
    another flower pot - Pos 0.3806 0.5269, Necrom, Mages Guild
    another lamp @ Pos 0.3803 0.5289, Necrom, Mages Guild - This one may be purposefully placed inside.
    one of those open Crate Boxes - Pos 0.510, 0.4197, Necrom, Palace View Apartments

I am sure I will find more.
    I have already submitted ingame feedback regarding several furnishings that belong to incorrect categories.

Overall the zones, homes, and furnishings are lovely. However...
    The Emissary's Enclave and The Fair Winds are both too large. I miss cozy, yet ample homes. Not austere, but certainly not ostentatious either. I have grown overly tired of sitting on large homes that I cannot decorate as they take too long to run through just to get to a feeling of completeness, and well... look, you want to give us something large? Give us another Moon Sugar Meadow.. Give us LAND! Not rocks and bumpy terrain... Beaches, Grasslands and Meadows, Snowscapes.. Just land and water. Places to build.

Please, start taking our feedback - there is a reason you ask every time, and there is are reasons why we continue to write the same things, chapter after chapter.
    Here's to hoping.

Sincerely,
    E.
    Editor: UESP.net > HOUSING! 📔 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we please get one of them adorable houses in the cipher village?
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We chatted with the dev team and they clarified that the chances of getting a perfect roe when filleting fish are the same regardless of which fillet method you use -- meaning you will have a chance for every fish you fillet, be it one or one-hundred at a time.
    Malkorga wrote: »
    Good afternoon,

I am excited to be able to use provisioning stations to fillet fish! can we please get some insight as to how / if the meticulous disassembly passive affects our chances for gaining Perfect Roe.

There has been speculation as to whether there is a loot timer (i dont believe there is) and also how our RNG loot table is calculated.

In general, it would be nice to have clarity on how our loot tables are calculated, be it when we log onto our character, when we zone into an instance or when we simply open the crafting UI.

Regards,
    --Malkorga
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We chatted with the dev team and they clarified that the chances of getting a perfect roe when filleting fish are the same regardless of which fillet method you use -- meaning you will have a chance for every fish you fillet, be it one or one-hundred at a time.
    Good afternoon,

I am excited to be able to use provisioning stations to fillet fish! can we please get some insight as to how / if the meticulous disassembly passive affects our chances for gaining Perfect Roe.

There has been speculation as to whether there is a loot timer (i dont believe there is) and also how our RNG loot table is calculated.

In general, it would be nice to have clarity on how our loot tables are calculated, be it when we log onto our character, when we zone into an instance or when we simply open the crafting UI.

Regards,
    --Malkorga

Thank you for confirming this when it comes to macro- vs. micro-refining.

But the original question was about Meticulous Disassembly, the green CP star. That doesn't mention fishing, only blacksmithing, clothing, jewelrycrafting, and woodworking.

Can you please confirm that it does not impact fishing, since it doesn't specify that?

ETA: I found your response regarding Meticulous Disassembly in another thread here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/631648/pts-patch-notes-say-we-are-getting-filleting-multiple-fish-stacks#latest

Thank you for answering both questions!

It might help visibility to swap the answers and to flag this reply about Meticulous Disassembly in the Dev Tracker.

Really appreciate the communication.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 4, 2023 9:32AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Good afternoon,

Regards,
    --Malkorga

Thank you for this...
  • MADPOZBRO
    MADPOZBRO
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    I thought I had heard one of the Devs talk about a new housing item that could contain all crafting tables. I thought it was going to be for this update.

Did I imagine it?

that's for update 39 in q3

This is the best thing I've read on the forums since Necrom went live. Enough with the suspense already! lol
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Love the new homes, but as a player that is not subscribed to ESO+, it is impossible to furnish them with only half of my available slots.

Can this outdated ESO+ benefit be looked into?

When comparing this to other forms of content, it’s like only having access to Normal Dungeons unless subbed, or being forced to play Cyrodiil with a cap of 30 mount speed.
  • OreoPies
    OreoPies
    Soul Shriven
    I really love the new furnishing but I've noticed some issues specifically with the building/structural items not working or being compatible with each other. Especially concerned with the beautiful dome ceiling artwork clipping with everything and not fitting the dome as well as the fact the dome is not really able to be utilized as there's no tower or curved walls that could be used to make a turret or base with it.

Necrom Wall, Corner Stone - lets you walk through item, it's not solid. It also doesn't match the size of other walls + the portion that sticks out is invisible when viewed from side/back. You can also see the tile patterns do not match up properly between Wall vs Corner Wall. Yes I lined it up properly in the front side, if I moved it over to perfectly lay the floors together, it'll stick out the front then.
    00w9jentkn9f.png

Necrom Roof, Domed - allows rain and weather through it. Leaky roof. Necrom Roof, Domed and Necrom Ceiling, Domed do not match dimensions. Cannot be used together because the size is off and the Ceiling is invisible on top and dome clips if lowered to fit. Necrom Roof, Domed also has no structure/tower to fit it like a turret or tower or curved walls.
    z3dh5stkytjr.png
    awehzwpdrm0m.png
    b2y082zkii3x.png
    mx7bhdix6awi.png

Necrom Wall, Stone AND Necrom Archway, Stone AND Necrom Wall, Corner Stone right sides - uneven architecture edge trim borders on walls. One side has the little stone edge line on it and the other is just brick. Items do not have a symmetrical design. This would force players to have to cover it up with something.
    r3vb58g6bhgl.png

Necrom Platform, Stone - does not match length/width of the Walls. Funny enough, the decorative floors actually matches the length of the walls.
    tef83prhez99.png

Necrom Wall, Tall Ornate and Necrom Wall, Tall Simple are two different shades of blue. They don't match enough to be utilized together.
    5mk164kwqfn6.png

Lastly, I'd love to see an Apocrypha house utilizing the stacks of books and green glowing goo for ambiance with an indoor/outdoor area so we can utilize the ambiance and yard space of Apocrypha. Something slightly like the Witch's Exorcised Hut but Apocrypha's themed would be amazing.
    Edited by OreoPies on July 21, 2023 6:23AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OreoPies wrote: »
    Necrom Roof, Domed - allows rain and weather through it. Leaky roof.

This overlooking of weather physics has always been one of my pet peeves. You can build a sealed house in the Thieves Oasis, and the sandstorms blow through the walls as if they weren't even there. I can't even bring myself to visit the wasted effort there, it's so unnecessary and annoying.

They have given players control of the time of day in their homes, so why not the weather?

• evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    OreoPies wrote: »
    Necrom Roof, Domed - allows rain and weather through it. Leaky roof.

This overlooking of weather physics has always been one of my pet peeves. You can build a sealed house in the Thieves Oasis, and the sandstorms blow through the walls as if they weren't even there. I can't even bring myself to visit the wasted effort there, it's so unnecessary and annoying.

They have given players control of the time of day in their homes, so why not the weather?

:'( i want to control weather!!!
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    can we have a weather control furniture?we really need it,some house have very good light in sunny days,but always rainy days.i think zos can add a kynareths theme furniture which control weather,and its lore friendly.
    this is my design(use ai)
    nvvqhywxu7rc.png
    Kynareth's magic feather
    when player use this furniture,it can change weather:sunny--cloudy--rainy--thunderstorm--default