The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

It was Empowering Sweep that needed the Major Berserk...

danno8
danno8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
...not Empowering Chains. Instead Empowering Sweep received two extra DoT ticks.

If Empowering Sweeps had Major Berserk it would be a viable overall DPS increase option compared to Crescent Sweep, which would retain the primarily PvP burst option. Right now Crescent delivers more than 3 extra ticks worth of damage up front making Empowering only better if you hit 4 or more enemies with it. And manage to hit them all with every followup tick.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent point. And yes the new morph of sweep seems weak compared to Crescent unless you're trying to hit an enemy behind you.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally though.

Templar is the only class where Meteor out DPS's all of their class ultimates.

How's that for class identity? 😂
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone I know uses crescent anyways
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember when empowering sweep gave major protection for the duration and it was 30% damage reduction?

Man, Templar really has been destroyed over the years. Sad man. I would gladly take major berserk on empowering sweep. That would balance it nicely vs. crescent and unlike DKs, Templar could actually use the boost.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally all they have to do is make it do this:

Berserking Sweep:
    Swing your Aedric spear around with holy vengeance, dealing 2399 Physical Damage to all nearby enemies and an additional 1161 Physical Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. The duration is extended by 2 seconds for each enemy hit. Gain Major Berserk for the duration, increasing the your damage done by 10%.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thatd be a cool idea actually. id rather plars actually use their class ults
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What difference does it make?
    Empowering Sweep is way more behind in DPS than the 5% to 6% effective DPS, that Major Berserk adds.
    You could add Major Courage and Minor Slayer on it too and Templar would still not be an endgame option. 🤯

Templar has much deeper rooting problems than just its lackluster ultimates.
    For years Jabs and Sweeps have carried the class. Guess what happened when ZOS brought them in line with other spammables?

All the problems laid bare.... 😳
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on February 4, 2023 11:50AM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What difference does it make?
    Empowering Sweep is way more behind in DPS than the 5% to 6% effective DPS, that Major Berserk adds.
    You could add Major Courage and Minor Slayer on it too and Templar would still not be an endgame option. 🤯

Templar has much deeper rooting problems than just its lackluster ultimates.
    For years Jabs and Sweeps have carried the class. Guess what happened when ZOS brought them in line with other spammables?

All the problems laid bare.... 😳

This was just about the difference between how DK's "Empowering" replacement was miles better than Templars, and how over time these small boosts add up to a larger imbalance between classes.

Yes changing Empowering Sweep to have Berserk for 10 seconds does not solve all the problems Templar is facing right now, but don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not all that worried about the new empowering chains. Chains is such a bad gap closer that I think a lot of people will try it and decide it isn't worth the bar space, at least in PvP.

It has a double travel time which makes it incredibly slow, and I think it might also be blockable and/or dodgeable, although I haven't tested that part recently enough to remember.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Empowering Sweep doesn't need something, it's extra duration. It already scales enough that you get back to 70 Ult before Empowering Sweep finishes ticking. The extra 4 seconds is wasted and only helps players that aren't using the skill right.