Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

So, how is Runecarver’s Blaze working out?

Dragonlord573
Dragonlord573
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, local console player here. I wanted to ask how the Runecarver’s Blaze set is working out. My friends and I are looking forward to this set as it should in theory add a decent chunk of damage to our DK's dots. As the patch notes just say "deals fire damage" and not what the base damage value is I'd like to know if the set is shaping up nicely, or is going to go into the "sell on pick up list" due to being actually useless.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The effect only procs on the third tick of DOTs, not every third tick like some people initially thought. There are much better sets for buffing your flame damage.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way of fire proc's every tick (2s) of a weapon skill dot. Runecarver on the 3rd tick (6s) of any dot. Even if it proc'd on every 3rd tick, it is still not as good. Dead on arrival.

The other set that proc's oblivion damage every 1s when a target heals looks better. Probably OP. If that one stacked from multiple casters, it would probably end Zergs stacking hots.
    Edited by katorga on January 31, 2023 6:31PM
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    It will not proc from item set dots, status effect dots, and some skill ability dots, AND only procs from the 3rd tick not every 3rd tick. In the current state its dead on arrival.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The effect only procs on the third tick of DOTs, not every third tick like some people initially thought. There are much better sets for buffing your flame damage.

So it doesn't proc per dot, only once?
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It does proc per-DOT, but only on the third tick of each DOT, if you're stacking a truly absurd amount of DOTs it might be good, but it seems unlikely at best.

That's not to say I think the set should be changed to proc on every third tick (ZOS, in case you're listening) that would be insanely strong. But maybe figuring out a timing that would squeeze in two procs would be better.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does proc per-DOT, but only on the third tick of each DOT, if you're stacking a truly absurd amount of DOTs it might be good, but it seems unlikely at best.

That's not to say I think the set should be changed to proc on every third tick (ZOS, in case you're listening) that would be insanely strong. But maybe figuring out a timing that would squeeze in two procs would be better.

Dang that really sucks, especially when most flame dots last a fairly long time. Thanks for the info, glad we can learn it's not so great now rather than on release.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It could be good with burning talons right? Or does that even have three dot ticks?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    It could be good with burning talons right? Or does that even have three dot ticks?

talons ticks 1 per second still, for 4 seconds, so it will trigger this proc on the 3rd tick

which is probably the only skill that this could even make effect

but as i saw mentioned somewhere else, the way of fire set will proc on every tick of a weapon dot (2 sec cooldown, 2 sec dot tick rate), so unless it does absurd dmg it wont compare, especially if it only hits once per dot on the 3rd tick
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be ok for a long AOE trash pull, ground dots tend to tick once per second and last around 10-15 seconds

Then between applying ground dots if you have a semi-spammable like unstable wall or acid spray where you intentionally reapply it every 4 seconds or so, it wouldn’t get near azureblight levels but not too bad
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Way of fire proc's every tick (2s) of a weapon skill dot. Runecarver on the 3rd tick (6s) of any dot. Even if it proc'd on every 3rd tick, it is still not as good. Dead on arrival.

The other set that proc's oblivion damage every 1s when a target heals looks better. Probably OP. If that one stacked from multiple casters, it would probably end Zergs stacking hots.

It would end healing altogether. Imagine your own heal dealing 24k damage instead of healing you at all XD

I do agree though. DoTs have always been laughable and after update 35 they've become completely pointless. This set is in no way going to fix that. Burning Spellweave also applies burning and increases your damage and healing while doing it.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that great in PvE too. I tried to onebar it, the result was even lower, it doesn't fire second time even if you swap after proc then swap back.
    HOnZCFm.png
    Unless you run some sort of build in pvp that stacks a lot of dots, it might work proccing all those small hits one after another and a burning proc, but most of the time you will be better with way more consistent Way of Fire or Draugrkin. Does not proc of double dot poisons, dots from sets (tested Relequen, Zaan, MA 2h) or non-burning status effects as expected.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My immediate questions included:
    • Does it proc on channeled heavy attacks?
    • Does it proc on ground-based AoEs?
    • Does it proc on status effects (bleed, burning)?

I'm guessing the answers are more No than Yes, but I haven't even logged onto the PTS myself.
  • TheTuSiK
    TheTuSiK
    ✭✭✭
    It procs of Siphon on Necro and this skill ticks every 0.66s. Add other dots that are usually played on necro and it might be decent.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My immediate questions included:
    • Does it proc on channeled heavy attacks?
    • Does it proc on ground-based AoEs?
    • Does it proc on status effects (bleed, burning)?

I'm guessing the answers are more No than Yes, but I haven't even logged onto the PTS myself.
    • No
    • Yes
    • No
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »

every 6 sec
    Sluggy wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »

It would end healing altogether. Imagine your own heal dealing 24k damage instead of healing you at all XD

I do agree though. DoTs have always been laughable and after update 35 they've become completely pointless. This set is in no way going to fix that. Burning Spellweave also applies burning and increases your damage and healing while doing it.

Not all healing, layered hots would be a death sentence. A burst heal, less so.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does ir proc with double dot poisons?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Does ir proc with double dot poisons?

Nope
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I don't care if they lower the damage (within reason) of the set to accommodate making it proc on every 3rd,6th,etc of a DoT. So either they do this or make every proc like Status Effects like Burning and Poisons also proc it.
  • DerpyBossGamer
    When I originally read the set I thought it would be very strong considering it’s lack of a cooldown, so it could proc multiple times per second. However, it really is completely useless. In testing in several duels on a dot dk it did less damage than the dot from volatile armor, which does almost no damage anyway. On Templar, Radiant Destruction and morphs actually tick 3 times , meaning you get a tick of this set with every cast. Even then, this set does less damage than the burning that procs from it. This set will join the other hundred unused sets in this game.
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me if Templar's Biting Jabs/Puncturing Sweep procs this set? I intuitively think it should, but don't know that I've seen it confirmed.
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]
    -Frost class/skill line [Wardens count!]
    -Unarmed/monk class or skill line
    -Polearms/spears skill line [Aedric Spear counts, but...]
    -Bound Weapons skill line [Casters should have more than sticks, yeah?]
    -More skill lines in general

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -NPC's: guards and bards, all day
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Boat house [Fair Winds absolutely counts!]
    -Boat furnishings in general
    -Respec/redidication shrines
    -Wayshrines [I can just port to a guildmate, I guess, but...]
    -Undaunted pledge billboards/Undaunted NPC's
    -Crafting writ billboards
    -More mount/pet functionality when placed [Pathing counts!]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
    -Text search boxes [Praise Tall Papa, thank you.]
    -Item conversion/transmogrification [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Previewer/dressing room [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Instead of Arms Packs (or in addition to them), just sell me the blasted VFX
    -Gear loadouts [Armory system counts!]
    -Skill loadouts Armory system counts!
    -Cloaks [I know you said no, but I'm not taking it off my list.]
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurixadai wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Templar's Biting Jabs/Puncturing Sweep procs this set? I intuitively think it should, but don't know that I've seen it confirmed.

templar jabs (any morph) is not considered a dot, it is a series of direct dmg hits, so it should not be able to proc this set

i know this is one of those weird cases though (and i dont have pts installed to actually try this), so i cannot verify for certain if it does or does not proc
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭

templar jabs (any morph) is not considered a dot, it is a series of direct dmg hits, so it should not be able to proc this set

i know this is one of those weird cases though (and i dont have pts installed to actually try this), so i cannot verify for certain if it does or does not proc

Yeah, I don't have the PTS either, anymore (new computer and all that). Jabs/Sweeps has historically kind of existed in a weird spot between DoT and Channel/whatever else, and I'm never certain where it's going to fall when it comes to how it interacts with sets, passives, etc (I think they've mostly solved that, nowadays, but I can never be too certain). Makes sense that Jabs wouldn't/shouldn't proc Runecarver, but hey, be a lot cooler if it did.
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I don't have the PTS either, anymore (new computer and all that). Jabs/Sweeps has historically kind of existed in a weird spot between DoT and Channel/whatever else, and I'm never certain where it's going to fall when it comes to how it interacts with sets, passives, etc (I think they've mostly solved that, nowadays, but I can never be too certain). Makes sense that Jabs wouldn't/shouldn't proc Runecarver, but hey, be a lot cooler if it did.

i know what you mean since i think people have been using it to proc azureblight, which is supposed to proc from dots lol (not sure if that was fixed either yet lol)

i did notice in one of the other threads that they were adjusting runecarver so that it would proc on every 3rd tick, but no longer guarantee burning and -47% on the dmg (which i think reflected some of the requests from this thread)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the confusion is from the Deadly Strike set? Typically a Templar set because it buffs channeled abilities (Jabs), but also a decent set for DoT builds.

I'm curious to see how Runecarver’s Blaze will work on my 2H/Bow Templar. I run Carve (32 second DoT), Stampede (15 second DoT), Endless Hail (15 second DoT), Venom Arrow (20 second DoT), Ritual of Retribution (20 second DoT), Blazing Spear (10 second DoT), Solar Barrage (20 second DoT), Empowering Sweep (12+ second DoT), Barbed Trap (20 second DoT). I assume Runecarver’s Blaze is tracked on each individual DoT?
    Edited by Billium813 on March 2, 2023 7:19PM
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭

i know what you mean since i think people have been using it to proc azureblight, which is supposed to proc from dots lol (not sure if that was fixed either yet lol)

i did notice in one of the other threads that they were adjusting runecarver so that it would proc on every 3rd tick, but no longer guarantee burning and -47% on the dmg (which i think reflected some of the requests from this thread)

Oh, I didn't know it was being used for Azureblight! Interesting. And yeah, the "every third tick" bit that they changed recently was what initially made me think of Templar Jabs in the first place. Putting a fiery flair on that ability (or on Templars in general) makes a lot of sense to me.

Billium813 wrote: »

Perhaps the confusion is from the Deadly Strike set? Typically a Templar set because it buffs channeled abilities (Jabs), but also a decent set for DoT builds.

I'm curious to see how Runecarver’s Blaze will work on my 2H/Bow Templar. I run Carve (32 second DoT), Stampede (15 second DoT), Endless Hail (15 second DoT), Venom Arrow (20 second DoT), Ritual of Retribution (20 second DoT), Blazing Spear (10 second DoT), Solar Barrage (20 second DoT), Empowering Sweep (12+ second DoT), Barbed Trap (20 second DoT). I assume Runecarver’s Blaze is tracked on each individual DoT?

Yep! Every third tick of each individual DoT, as far as I can tell. Set got real interesting real quick, at least for me.
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:

Housing Wishlist:
    -Guild bank/store access

QoL Wishlist:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with that change to be on every 3rd tick, i was thinking of actually making some weird kind of dot focus build

something like masters duel wield + runecarver + way of fire

runecarver buffs all the dots, master duel wield + way of fire makes blood craze super potent dot

i have a warden WW thats kind of in a weird state, hes decent for IC sewers but not sure im happy with his build lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Jabs is an AoE Channeled Direct damage attack
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was getting 4k ticks on my Werewolf build so if its every 3rd tick that it procs of every werewolf bleed its going to be super nasty in PvP :D Oh well!

uz9mkojj3po8.png
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Augusten15
    Augusten15
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried it with Rele? I'd be interested to see how it works with a constantly refreshing DoT.
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    Augusten15 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it with Rele? I'd be interested to see how it works with a constantly refreshing DoT.

It doesn't work with rele