The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your least favorite crown crates mount "form"?

• Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camel
    I love the way my camel mounts look, if they could smooth out the ride a bit I'd use them a lot more often.
    Campos de oro
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly use senche types and the dwarven spider, because they ride very smooth and seem to not be slowed down by terrain changes as much. By riding experience, senche/spider>wolves/guar>horse>>bear/camel. Visually, I prefer natural and pleasing looks like the base elk or lion. The crown crate apex+ and gem mounts are too over the top and often not even good looking.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche
    I obviously missed the word "least" in the descrption. :(

Senches and wolves are the only really rideable mounts, perhaps also the dwemer car, but that one is extremely weird and I'm not sure it should ever have seen the light of day. The bipedals are also weird, but at least their riding animations are okay.

Everything else is absolutely horrible and the riding animations just feel nauseating. All the horses / indriks / camels feel very strange, certainly not like they are even remotely related to earth horses. Nirn must be a very strange place when it comes to standard horse mounts (and their reskins).

But the top most disgusting animations are the ones we suffer when we try to ride heavyweights and their bear brethren. :(
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guar/Kagouti (or however you spell it)
    How in the world are you all saying camel?

Camel is THE MOST FUN MOUNT in the game! XD It's hilarious!

It spits!

Even ghostly, ethereal, demonically attired... it still spits. XD

I guess I get the point of the post. Folks would be more into a ghostly, ethereal, demonic wolf that howls, or horse that rears, or senche that roars, than... a camel that spits. XD
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    My bear makes me feel sick.I don't use it. I would say camels next except my dwarven camel is really cool.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camel
    I never cared for the camel - not that I have anything against it (love the new moon design), but it just doesn't fit any of my characters, the majority of which are Dunmer.

Now... if I could have an Argonian or Khajiit slave as a mount, that would be fantastic.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    I have a couple of cool bears that I really, really want to like. I just look so goofy on them.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of the above

i dislike pretty much all animal themed mounts

the dwemer spiders are about the only ones i do like (and no i dont like any of the other dwemer themed animal mounts either)

i personally kind of dislike mounts in general (came from city of heroes where your character had travel from their own abilities), but i also especially dislike animal themed mounts

the dwemer spider is the only one i can tolerate because its the least animal themed mount, and i enjoy the dwemer style

when are we getting a "fun" mount like a dwemer style car that uses like the dwemer spheres as tires
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf/Fox/Durzog

But the wolves are just such an odd choice for mounts. Wolves aren't that large and all of these massive wolves only appeared with ESO, despite not actually being anywhere in game. Only normal sized wolves.

You're wrong about none being anywhere in game. About 3 can actually be seen in game:

Since Dark Brotherhood:
    Kvatch stable - Highland Wolf mount
    Anvil stable - Ice Wolf mount

Recent added during High Isle:
    Gonfalon Bay stable - Seasnap (Dreadsail Howler mount)

Yeah i don't count those because that's just the mounts added in the stables. They aren't seen anywhere "in the wild".
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf/Fox/Durzog
    Syldras wrote: »
    Why do so many people dislike camels? Because of their way of movement? I'm just curious.

I would assume so, same goes for bears. I like camels, though. Not as bad as the bears and, well, i just think camels are neat.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    Bear
    I would like the bear, if not for the janky movement.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them all and if they add others then even better.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camel
    I'd like to see a Cliff Racer mount maybe. It could hop and leap, even though it couldn't fly outright.

Or maybe a large Toad? Like a Death Hopper. I wouldn't mind riding Old Deathwart into battle!
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horse/Elk
    Horses are so real life.

I like me some guar :)
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse/Elk
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Why are you posting all these polls? It's not useful.

I know right? 6 polls of this person, on the first 2 pages... calm down xD
    Edited by francesinhalover on February 1, 2023 1:08AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    The bear and camel, I get nauseous from the movements.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camel
    TIL 22% of the forum has terrible taste. (I kid)

Camels are terrible.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    I never cared for the camel - not that I have anything against it (love the new moon design), but it just doesn't fit any of my characters, the majority of which are Dunmer.

My Dunmer rode a camel through Northern and Southern Elsweyr. The climate probably wouldn't be too healthy for a Nix-Ox? I generally tend to change mounts based on zone (my collection is diverse enough just from chapter purchases and login and event rewards alone).
    Now... if I could have an Argonian or Khajiit slave as a mount, that would be fantastic.

And slow. Probably slower than walking. Unless it's a Senche-Raht.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guar/Kagouti (or however you spell it)
    I love all the mounts and don't have an issue with any of them world-building wise. But my least favorite is guar. I think they're adorable but I think they generally suit most mount/crate concepts the worst out of the other kinds.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Horse/Elk
    why is horse/elk one answer? equine is my least favourite mount type, but cervine is my favourite ._.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse/Elk
    i wouldnt have lumped horses and elk in the same slot --- elks are horrendous.

nothing is as ugly as an indrik tho --- no matter how glowy or showy they make them its still like serving steak on a trash can lid.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf/Fox/Durzog
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Not a fan of wolves - they're huge and not lore friendly (one of my chars uses the dwarven wolf mount, but it's a construct, not an actual wolf).

How they not lore friendly? If ZOS has the permission from the main TES games creators to add them, to get their say so, wouldn't that make them lore friendly? Besides, this a fantasy world that has a variant of Snow Wolves that spit ice in TES1: Arena & the one's in TES3: Bloodmoon does not, & their Ice Wolf cousins from Skyrim & ESO also do not. We also got wolves turned into vines due to the Wild Hunt, created wolves made out of fungi, undead wolves. It plausible some of these big wolf mounts could have extinct, declined, between ESO up into the main games.

Also there may or may not be a minor phobia involved :#:#:#
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind any of them... but I ONLY use Senche mounts because it seems to be the only mount that has a 'smooth' movement animation and isn't herky-jerky like so many other mount animations; I get nauseous trying to ride other mounts because of their movement animation.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****