The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is your least favorite crown crates mount "form"?

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
After choosing one, say what animal archetype you would replace it with instead!

What is your least favorite crown crates mount "form"? 151 votes

Camel
31%
SorianaBlueRavenvailjohn_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOflguy147ub17_ESOSheezabeastLivvyQuaesiviSheridanBloodyStigmataathekaJKorrCendrillion21Enemy-of-ColdharbourReverbClyde_BlueSnakeOberon45VoodooPlatypusNumber_51MirelaUmbrella 48 votes
Guar/Kagouti (or however you spell it)
21%
fleetingyouth_ESODarcyMardinflizomicaphaneub17_ESOSaint-AngeRomoRagnarok0130DestaiVevvevSirGabenOfSteamiamerpinsTiberXemilyhyoyeonFriedArgoniansLanteanPegasusNord_RaseriRaptorRodeoGodspartaxoxoNightowl_74WiseSky 32 votes
Horse/Elk
15%
calitrumanb14_ESOdcam86b14_ESOFaulgorhondelinkNettleCarrierxilfxlegionDojohodaphileunderx2FroilphantasmalDFoxheartedArafynZodiarkslayerBatShihp00Fenris_ArainaifrancesinhaloverEinar_HrafnarssonSir_HammockMafiaCat115 23 votes
Bear
17%
laurajfBelegnoleDanikatSorakaZenzukifizl101RaddlemanNumber7SilverIce58agelonestarVeeskSyldrasBretonMageUgrakUrvothArchangelIsraphelMichaeHappyTheCamperAraneae6537the1andonlyskwexKaGaOri 27 votes
Wolf/Fox/Durzog
6%
cyclonus11ValarMorghulis1896Bobby_V_Rockitred_emuChickenSuckerRiddariNotaDaedraWorshipperAtrael7KilianDermothboi_anachronism_ 10 votes
Senche
7%
VriendaAvalonRangerRex-UmbraElectrone_MagnusghastleyRasande_RobinrauyranalternatelderAndreNoirjoerginoGBllt 11 votes
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them all but guar/kagouti is my least liked followed by bear.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you posting all these polls? It's not useful.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Why are you posting all these polls? It's not useful.

Sorry that I hurt your feelings with a few polls out of my own interest on the forums! Your comment isn't useful either. Have a nice night regardless!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bear
    Maybe a giant spider... or a real gryphon (that can't fly, maybe its wings are clipped).
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Maybe a giant spider... or a real gryphon (that can't fly, maybe its wings are clipped).

Spider & gryphon would be awesome!
  • Veloth_Redothril
    Veloth_Redothril
    ✭✭✭
    Camel
    Strange you didn't have the insect mount form as an option. I love them personally but I have several friends who are grossed out by them and I imagine that there's people out there with legit phobias that can't stand them.

As for something I'd like to see a mini-Silt Strider would be awesome. I believe they actually exist as static creatures in a few places in Vvardenfell.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Horse/Elk
    horses feel so stiff in this game, no fancy animations will make me want to ride one.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bear
    I'd really like to see the nix ox and Dwarven spider mounts used more often. I have yet to get one, but I think they're really neat.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf/Fox/Durzog
    I'm voting on this strictly for wolf. I actually like durzogs.

But the wolves are just such an odd choice for mounts. Wolves aren't that large and all of these massive wolves only appeared with ESO, despite not actually being anywhere in game. Only normal sized wolves.

Bears comes on shared second place with heavyweights, strictly because of their weird models and animation.

[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Horse/Elk
    My least favorite is the horse. The clopping in Cyrodiil was too much feedback for my ears since you need to be always listening while traveling for those sneaky attacks. :D My ears were happy when I obtained a senche; it's much quieter.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    Why do so many people dislike camels? Because of their way of movement? I'm just curious.
    As for something I'd like to see a mini-Silt Strider would be awesome. I believe they actually exist as static creatures in a few places in Vvardenfell.

They're used by Ashlanders as a kind of "pack mule". I think they're called Silt Hoppers.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    I really dislike bears, all the more for being foisted on the Warden class which was otherwise Morrowind themed (I do think there should be morphs or skins of different creatures though).

Indriks are my favorites, but I also like horses, senches, guar, kagouti, and nix-oxen. For a long time I thought that wolves were an odd choice for a mount but they’ve grown on me as I often like the design and movement.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabre Cat is my least favorite.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bear
    It just runs weird.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Camel

But the wolves are just such an odd choice for mounts. Wolves aren't that large and all of these massive wolves only appeared with ESO, despite not actually being anywhere in game. Only normal sized wolves.

You're wrong about none being anywhere in game. About 3 can actually be seen in game:

Since Dark Brotherhood:
    Kvatch stable - Highland Wolf mount
    Anvil stable - Ice Wolf mount

Recent added during High Isle:
    Gonfalon Bay stable - Seasnap (Dreadsail Howler mount)
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    I don't like the bears or camels because of the animation. I usually don't get motion sickness in games, especially 3rd person ones but somehow that did it.

I've tried a bear on the PTS a few times and immediately had to stop using it because of the way your character is thrown around when it runs. I've got a camel which must have come from login rewards and never use it for more than a minute (and only rarely) for the same reason.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's so open ended for what they COULD do with mounts. But they're reusing the skeleton and animations of the mounts they've already made to make new mounts on top of them. It's also likely that they don't have to reskin the mesh, that is to say attach the 3D model to the bones that the animation runs on. It probably has a very basic 3D model for each mount that they can add onto for each new mount, cutting down the time to make new mounts by 60-80%. It's basically just adding some 3D modeling and texture maps on top of an existing model and making sure it doesn't clip too bad.

If they wanted, they could do so many cool mounts that are still lore friendly. A horse-drawn cart, a troll that princess carries you, a spider (they already kinda have one with the dwemer mounts). With magic they could do even more. A flying carpet, levitation as a mount (you levitate up then fly forward with a lot of particle effects), really the sky is the limit for what they could make.

Guar mounts tend to look the worst IMO when it comes to the reskin mounts that they do. They can look good, but I tend to get guar mounts from crown crates when they look the worst more often than the other mounts that look cooler. Shame, really.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need another category. The 2 person horse is the worst! So deformed.
    I like horse mounts the best, but most of them have deformed hind legs.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    Bear closely followed by Camel.

I totally, absolutely love the look of the bears.... I would LOVE to use one more regularly, but.....

OMG do they made me feel sick or what? If ZoS could somehow smooth the gait, I would be eternally grateful.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Camel
    Actually , both camel & bear mounts are my least favorite, to replace them with something else, that I don't know with.

While mounts within the Canines, Serpentes, Bipedals categories are the opposite, they are my top faved. :)
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on January 31, 2023 10:18AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange you didn't have the insect mount form as an option. I love them personally but I have several friends who are grossed out by them and I imagine that there's people out there with legit phobias that can't stand them.

Well, to be honest I completely forgot that there may have been an insect mount in the crown crates - must've forgotten, my bad! I was mainly referring to the forms present as apex mounts primarily, but again, could've missed 1. Thanks!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bear
    Can't use bears. The motion makes my brain creak.

Camels have comedy value, especially my spitting lizard camel.
    PC EU
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse/Elk
    Horses for the lack of realism.

And Servals, they look ugly.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mechanical Spiders.

Makes me think I'm riding one of those kids rides you used to get outside supermarkets.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf/Fox/Durzog
    I'd like to see a netch mount. It could just float 😂 I'm not surprised camels seem to have the top spot since I see very few players using them in game relative to my own experience.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on February 1, 2023 3:11PM
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon mount.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf/Fox/Durzog
    Not a fan of wolves - they're huge and not lore friendly (one of my chars uses the dwarven wolf mount, but it's a construct, not an actual wolf).

I probably like the elk mounts the least due to their weird feet/legs, but I love indriks and I like warhorses so I couldn't vote for the combined choice.

For mount type, I'd like to see a rideable crab. They can be any size (from pocket size to Ald'ruhn), so that shouldn't be an issue.

Do magic carpets exist in the lore? Those would be neat. I liked them in EverQuest 2.

• Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    I like Guars but not the Kagouti
    I dislike very much the flashy RGB mounts like Apex and shite, all mounts with jacky magic effect. They're also a pain for performance.
    Edited by Saint-Ange on January 31, 2023 6:01PM
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Camel
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Not a fan of wolves - they're huge and not lore friendly (one of my chars uses the dwarven wolf mount, but it's a construct, not an actual wolf).

How they not lore friendly? If ZOS has the permission from the main TES games creators to add them, to get their say so, wouldn't that make them lore friendly? Besides, this a fantasy world that has a variant of Snow Wolves that spit ice in TES1: Arena & the one's in TES3: Bloodmoon does not, & their Ice Wolf cousins from Skyrim & ESO also do not. We also got wolves turned into vines due to the Wild Hunt, created wolves made out of fungi, undead wolves. It plausible some of these big wolf mounts could have extinct, declined, between ESO up into the main games.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on January 31, 2023 7:01PM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Camel
    Riding a camel (I have the free painted camel) gives me motion sickness. To be honest, I covet none of the crown crate mounts, I prefer simple ones and the crown store woof has been enough for me. My favorite mount of all the time was the Flux Hoverboard which was cheap, tiny and can slide over water but unfortunately it's bit too far out of medieval fantasy theme to ever make to this game.
    Edited by rpa on January 31, 2023 7:14PM