The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Lorebook "Assassin's Order" is still bugged, not fixed in Update 31.
    This is my old thread, upped right now.

Fixed

Fix.jpg

Here is my definitive list of bugged LoreBooks:
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on June 13, 2022 4:36PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    HEY THERE^^

yesterday i was only missing two books

Foolish wings and
    one of the impressaria

but today?????? ok i searched for:

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

i completed the quest, have the full report but cant find this

Does someone know?

Greetings to all

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7 is absolutely bugged after finished "The Lost Scout's Report" quest, because it was possible to read it as showed in this video at time 15:50 but in Lore Library, until the Update 31 it wasn't listed yet.

This is my comment in the other thread.

Fixed

Fix.jpg

nqaolqpawvwe.jpg

w7hte9foa0k3.jpg

c8fk3eahro2c.jpg

ynnx5huqjkcn.jpg

3j3cfaalmyge.jpg

kt7a4rutybz9.jpg

Edited by Gandalf_72 on April 21, 2022 2:46PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY THERE^^

Foolish wings and
    one of the impressaria

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

Does someone know?

Greetings to all

Actually I just checked and all my books from Eidetic Memory disappeared, the list isn't even there anymore and the lorebooks addon doesn't show them on map

Eidetic Memory should be readable only if you have completed quests for the Mages Guild. That was bugged after Update 30, and now they have fixed after Update 31. So now you can't see Eidetic Memory anymore. Try to finish Mages Guild quests and you will see it again.

THE PROBLEM IS: after Update 31, characters that have not completed quests of Mages Guild CAN NOT SEE Crafting Motifs books anymore. This is a big bug, again.
    Please help me to ask a fix for this.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY THERE^^

Foolish wings and
    one of the impressaria

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

Does someone know?

Greetings to all

Actually I just checked and all my books from Eidetic Memory disappeared, the list isn't even there anymore and the lorebooks addon doesn't show them on map

That usually means you have logged into a different toon which has not completed the Mages Guild quest line and therefore does not have access to the eidetic memory - which is character-specific, not account-wide.
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    HEY THERE^^

Foolish wings and
    one of the impressaria

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

Does someone know?

Greetings to all

That usually means you have logged into a different toon which has not completed the Mages Guild quest line and therefore does not have access to the eidetic memory - which is character-specific, not account-wide.

Usually, yes, but this time, it is a bug acknowledged by ZoS.
    Options
  • Awnia
    Awnia
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't found another way to enter the Zenithar's abbey's chapel to get the merchant lords' compiled documents, here's the way we did it. (Needed a nightblade and a 2nd person, might work with some more experiment frozen retreat so only need a 2nd person as a warden)

https://gfycat.com/granulardefiantharvestmen
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyammis wrote: »
    kebabthief wrote: »
    warden's orders for the day will disappear after you pick up blood pit map and blood pit prisoner roll meaning people cant get it you missed it
    k8gmx1gqv6ra.jpg
    hwa0o2tx2rit.jpg

I got hit by this bug of it despawning/not even showing up during the quest so now I have two bugged lorebooks keeping me from 100% complete. :(

ZOS please fix this and give us a chance to get the book back and Falkfir's Notes 7 for those of us who did the quest before Blackwood. It's really frustrating to have your 100% complete ruined by a bug like this.
    Anyammis wrote: »
    It's really frustrating to have your 100% complete ruined by a bug like this.

Same. :(
    Please ZOS, fix:
    - Warden's Orders for the Day
    - Falkfir's Notes 7

- FIXED ! Assassin's Order - Warden's Orders for the Day - Falkfir's Notes 7 - THANK YOU ZOS !!

Fixed

Fix.jpg

Journal of Justiciar Avanaire - posted in 2021 by me in reply to @Djennku
    Journal of Justiciar Avanaire - posted in 2022 by by me in reply to @Djennku

Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    Djennku wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can find the Journal of Justiciar Avanaire from tor-hame-khard in Summerset post quest yet? Been looking for that one for ages. That and foolish wings are my last two aside from the unreleased pages.

The Lorebook "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire" is still bugged, not fixed in Update 31.

y1xejvztdxdh.png

rtq7rbtyh1b7.png

52o96tzqgvt2.png

Edited by Gandalf_72 on April 21, 2022 3:28PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Awnia
    Awnia
    ✭✭✭
    Awnia wrote: »
    Haven't found another way to enter the Zenithar's abbey's chapel to get the merchant lords' compiled documents, here's the way we did it. (Needed a nightblade and a 2nd person, might work with some more experiment frozen retreat so only need a 2nd person as a warden)

https://gfycat.com/granulardefiantharvestmen

Forgot to add that the person needs to do the quest right there and stay up after finishing the quest
    Options
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without wanting to derail the topic, would it be worthwhile making a new thread with up to date information on what books are bugged? A "Volume Three." The two we have at the moment, one which has a link to a Google Sheet and hasn't been updated in ages, and this thread which hasn't seen updates to the initial couple posts since 2020?

These books are just not visible for one friend who has done the quest. Force closing the game or running back and forth, coming back later, etc. does not work:
    Note to Sir Quatrius
    The Grandeya is in Custody

This one is bugged for a friend who did the main quest as a duo. One person picked up the book and one did not (the book was added to the quest section of the inventory but was not read). The one who did not read it now cannot obtain this book.
    Gray Host Communique

This book is also bugged for the duo and is part of a Prologue quest:
    Icereach Coven Note

The books I'm missing personally are:
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    Warden's Orders of the Day
    Author's Assistant Wanted!

Edited by Troodon80 on January 24, 2022 3:20AM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very important:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7516069#Comment_7516069

Pls write your comments and ideas in that thread.
    Thank you
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    @znrk Well, according to the patch notes, Kinlady's Letter has been given a post-quest location in the PTS. After another hour and more searching for it today, I still can't for the life of me tell you where it is, but it's supposedly somewhere in the game.

Maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno could ask the person who passed her that patch note to give us some indication of where the post-quest location is? I don't think it's in any accessible areas related to the Queen's Decree quest and, after going on a bloody search throughout the city, I'm skeptical that it's in Shimmerene or nearby areas. The issue with this being that, once you omit the areas related to its associated quest, the world is super massive and the book is not.

On a related note, hunting for this book did reveal another previously-unconsidered-yet-also-bugged book connected to this quest. The List of Sequestered Guests is also located in the Monastery of Serene Harmony as a quest objective for the "Queen's Decree" quest, and also disappears once a player or group member interacts with it.

Hi @BrightOblivion :)

List of Sequestered Guests fixed :)

Fixed as well:
    Assassin's Order
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    Warden's Orders for the Day

Fix.jpg

I have edited and upgraded my old thread and removed all my comments about them in following threads:

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

Edited by Gandalf_72 on April 21, 2022 7:21PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on June 13, 2022 4:33PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gandalf_72

I wanted to thank you for the up-to-date list of bugged books. While I'm pleased there are fewer there than when I last checked, the fact that some of them date back to Summerset and before (like the annoying dance with Mnem's "Plea for the Elder Scrolls") is...discouraging? It also reinforces a decision I'd already made regarding this thread.

As someone (I apologize for not remembering who - I saw it last night while I was perusing threads, but can't find it again) noted earlier in this thread or another one, I have not posted or updated the first post since 2020. The reason for this is that, until a couple weeks ago, that was also the last time I had opened ESO. Because of the lengths I went to (which were admittedly too far) in trying to run down each reported book, note when in the quests they disappear, check potential locations they might show up in, suggest possible fixes, and confirm the one or two fixed books each cycle (only to see more bugged books added), it just stopped being enjoyable to play the game. I didn't want to do the new quests (at least on my main) just in case I missed a book that might not get fixed for an uncertain amount of time. So I stopped and, until recently, didn't think about ESO or lorebooks any more. While the former may have recently changed (at least for the time being) and I'm once again roaming through Tamriel and trying to catch up on the story since I'd left, I'm not going to continue what I was doing. I can't.

If someone wants to, they are more than welcome to create another thread to list the unfixed books and maintain it. (Just in case that was holding anyone back) Otherwise, if it would be preferable, they can make a post like the one Gandalf made, accumlating bugged books and details about them and (with their permission), I'll quote it in the first/second post under spoiler tags (gotta be mindful of those mobile readers). I can't speak to the update cadence, but I can try to keep one linked while I'm back in-game.

Past that, I guess I'll see you in Tamriel.
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gandalf_72

I wanted to thank you for the up-to-date list of bugged books. .............

You are welcome @BrightOblivion :):):)

If someone wants to, they are more than welcome to create another thread to list the unfixed books and maintain it. (Just in case that was holding anyone back) Otherwise, if it would be preferable, they can make a post like the one Gandalf made, accumlating bugged books and details about them and (with their permission), I'll quote it in the first/second post under spoiler tags (gotta be mindful of those mobile readers). I can't speak to the update cadence, but I can try to keep one linked while I'm back in-game.

Past that, I guess I'll see you in Tamriel.

@Rishikesa108 just did it a few days ago:
    Why did you fix just a limited number of books ?

Thank you @Rishikesa108 for your new thread! :):)
    Thank you @BrightOblivion for your message of appreciation to me :):)

Edited by Gandalf_72 on May 8, 2022 11:39PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed as well:
    Assassin's Order
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

I’m assuming these are not out for a fix yet on Ps until high isle drops in June
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Fixed as well:
    Assassin's Order
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

I’m assuming these are not out for a fix yet on Ps until high isle drops in June

Hi @Anne13 :)

Yes, you are right!
    ZOS wrote here!

Fix.jpg
    PC | EU
    Options
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are y'all able to find Arania's diary in the College of aldmeri propriety in auridon
    Options
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    Are y'all able to find Arania's diary in the College of aldmeri propriety in auridon

Nvm i see now that its part of a quest AFTER auridon main quests
    Options
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Anything on Rite of the Scion? I can't event believe how long this one has been bugged, I wonder if it will ever get fixed =\
    Edited by mariliaribas on November 8, 2022 4:44PM
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Lipizzan wrote: »
    After much scouring of The Reach, I am still missing

Scary Tales of the Deep Folk, Book 3

UESP website says it's found near the entrance to Blackreach: Greymoor Caverns but that's very vague and also Greymoor is Western Skyrim, not The Reach, so I'm confused

Edit: Nvm, I went wandering around Arkthzand Caverns and found the entrance, didn't realize they had connected them xD

Also struggled to find this book. For those wanting to know the exact map location, please see the below screenshots:
    o7yjx85ibb0h.jpg
    f9z8vzdgxgox.jpg
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Gray Host Communique
    When doing this quest with a friend, they read the letter and progressed the quest. I am unable to find this book again, even going into Tzinghalis's Tower with another person currently on the quest.
    To my knowledge there is no known other location for this book, any help would be appreciated!

I am having the same issue with Netherroot Notes, did you manage to get it in the end?
    Options
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

i'm missing An Invitation to Elsweyr

UESP says it is accessible at the current event, so I only have time to find it until 7 February 2023.
    Can anyone help me with an exact description and/or a screenshot?

Many thanks in advance!
    Das Leben ist einfach zu kurz um es wirklich ernst zu nehmen!
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welanduz wrote: »
    Hi,

i'm missing An Invitation to Elsweyr

UESP says it is accessible at the current event, so I only have time to find it until 7 February 2023.
    Can anyone help me with an exact description and/or a screenshot?

Many thanks in advance!

That book is from the previous Elsweyr event. I'm missing it too, and there is no post quest location that I can find :(
    Options
  • Dagraenion
    I'm ps5 eu ep
    Went to Malabal Tor got the one from the cart outside of Shale ruins.

Then went to Grahtwood and got the one by the fork in the road. Below the master craft exchange

Job done. Thank you all ^^

Edited* both after I finished the prologue

I have finished the quest. I can't seem to find a copy of the letter anywhere. I am EP. Is there any way you can help me out?
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagraenion wrote: »
    I'm ps5 eu ep

Then went to Grahtwood and got the one by the fork in the road. Below the master craft exchange

I have finished the quest. I can't seem to find a copy of the letter anywhere. I am EP. Is there any way you can help me out?

Should be at those same locations. Your alliance does not restrict which locations you can access.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Dagraenion
    I'm ps5 eu ep

Should be at those same locations. Your alliance does not restrict which locations you can access.

Which location is that? I have been to the three locations advised, but I don't see them.
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ps5 eu ep

Which location is that? I have been to the three locations advised, but I don't see them.

First off, which lorebook are you missing, exactly? There's a few and if I know the name I can better help you find the one you are looking for.
    Edited by Djennku on March 21, 2024 9:06AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • Dagraenion
    I'm ps5 eu ep

First off, which lorebook are you missing, exactly? There's a few and if I know the name I can better help you find the one you are looking for.

I am lacking "Dread Lady's Letter" the Daedric Cults version.
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ps5 eu ep

Post quest, it can be found in Malabal Tor south of the map near shael ruins. It's on a overlook above where the delve is.

Went to get a photo of it in the overland, but it is missing for me, so either it's bugged or it vanished when I read it, but should be there.

Again, off the road, on the overhang above the river where the delve entrance is. Best of luck!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • Dagraenion
    I'm ps5 eu ep

Post quest, it can be found in Malabal Tor south of the map near shael ruins. It's on a overlook above where the delve is.

Went to get a photo of it in the overland, but it is missing for me, so either it's bugged or it vanished when I read it, but should be there.

Again, off the road, on the overhang above the river where the delve entrance is. Best of luck!

Here? I don't see anything.
    Options