Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Never have the threads of fate become so twisted...

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda love-hate how on a verge of leaving the game it makes me guess the next arc/destination still lol.

Would probably die on a hill of Mora/Akatosh beef in the end, why else last year was so focused on related items. Idk if that's a Lyranth arc also with her "never set foot" line but probably so.

Overall HM alone is heavily associated with nords via Atmora/Skaal and dunmeri via Morag Tong/Azura, so both should have some treat in the coming years no matter actual zones. But dunmer first it seems. Might be finally a story of relevance but don't wanna upp those hopes too early.
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saving the world again? Or two worlds? Can we create a story in which we don't have to hold the entire universe on our shoulders from destruction? Something exciting and without pathos. I hope that someday they will come up with this
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda love-hate how on a verge of leaving the game it makes me guess the next arc/destination still lol.

I think many of us are in the same boat. I've been saying for months now, this next release is a make-it or break-it for ESO. The last year has been abysmal, content has been too generic and uninteresting. I don't like the cookie-cutter design they have been moving towards with Companions and ToT and the zone design. It's all been a new coat of paint on the same terrible house.

Personally, I'm putting it all on this next release. If we get ToT 2.0, I'm out. If we get another terrible story that I don't care about, I'm out. If the zone design is more of the same old, same old, I'm out. If the big selling point is yet another Mythic item, I'm out. They really need to release something that's of any interest.
    Edited by Billium813 on January 20, 2023 11:03PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »

I think many of us are in the same boat.

I'm not playing at the moment, but I've been hovering on uninstalling since the December tease. I think this reveal is the make or break time for many players ESO.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would probably die on a hill of Mora/Akatosh beef in the end, why else last year was so focused on related items. Idk if that's a Lyranth arc also with her "never set foot" line but probably so.

Overall HM alone is heavily associated with nords via Atmora/Skaal and dunmeri via Morag Tong/Azura, so both should have some treat in the coming years no matter actual zones. But dunmer first it seems. Might be finally a story of relevance but don't wanna upp those hopes too early.

Odds are in my favor if I suggest that the hype will far exceed the fact, but we shall see. In the end, we all have to remember that ZOS is having problems right now, on many levels, and doing something big and impressive with the 2023 Chapter is probably not in the cards. They might have no other choice but to coast again this year.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully a Mora themed update means a buff to the useless Mora's Whispers mythic wink wink nudge nudge

You mean the single highest crit chance piece in game? 7% for the set bonus and 1% for the light armor. It’s double the closest flat bonus (Slimecraw’s 3.5%), and that after they nerfed so many other sources of crit chance. On fights where kilt has only so-so uptimes, which is a lot when considering solo play and dungeons as well as trials, Mora’s can be very good. It doesn’t typically get a fair shake in testing because there is no efficient way to test it on PTS unless you happen to have all the books already on the server that was most recently copied. It also tends to do well in places that the dummy is not designed to represent. It might not be best in slot everywhere, but it’s far from useless.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    metheglyn wrote: »
    I'll be pretty disappointed if we have to muck about with Hermaeus Mora. He ranks only second after Sheogorath as the most irritating character I've ever encountered.

Yeah, I might skip this years expansion if it looks to be mostly him and doesn't have much else of interest.

From an RP perspective, few of my characters would actually interact with him because he's creepy.

The thing is, we already have an existing quest in ESO where
    he has questionable dealings with his mortal partner and then stiffs us
    so I'm unsure of why even my characters that are a bit slow and ignored the creepy behavior would work with him either from an RP perspective as he didn't appear to exactly be "reliable".

Some of the people on this forum and especially on twitter want to be stiffed by him if you catch my drift.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 21, 2023 12:59AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Glad this was shared on the Forum too and not only on Twitter or other social media platforms.

Just wanted to follow up on this. We do try to filter as much to the forum as possible. Sometimes it isn't possible because of forum limitation, but most of the time, we do share stuff like this on the forum. However, we often share it in our News section.

We posted this here in the general section today as it isn't "news" by technical definition. But we're glad more ppl are seeing it.

In this topic, i understand why in theory we have all of these different sections but i feel like there are just too many for all of them to get reasonable traffic. I posted a challenge type post a couple of weeks back that i put a good amount of work into and i think the engagement it would have gotten from being in general was unfortunately stifled because it was moved to the "correct" subforum.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Back to dark promotional material again! I liked the light but Hermaeus Mora was one of the Daedric Princes I wished got more spotlight since he only has one quest in ESO that I know of and it’s a public dungeon. I hope the writing quality pulls through and does him justice.

The princes with the least content in ESO are Sanguine, Peryite, and Vaermina. Vaermina has the most of them only because she's part of Stormhaven's main story. Mora got a couple of quests related to him.

These chapter hints were very unsubtle, clearly Mora has something to do with the next chapter which does not ease my worry about the next chapter. He feels like one of those overrated princes ZOS will portray badly, just as Sheogorath. Daedric prince in focus and saving the world again, oh wait, two worlds, yaaaaay..... I'm already not enthuastic and will need to see some very promising stuff to be it.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on January 21, 2023 2:24AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I hope they handle Hermaeus Mora better than they handled Nocturnal so far, but I don't think Mora is a likely antagonist. At least I hope they don't make him the antagonist as that ploy of a Daedric Prince conquering Tamriel is staler than 8 year old bread now. Mora typically seems interested in hoarding knowledge by dealing with mortal champions even if it takes unethical means to do so.

Anyway, no matter what happens I just hope the plot is taken seriously and hopefully with more maturity this time (TESO is rated M for mature after all). Marvel-like plots with one-dimensional villains is writing fit for toddlers.

Bro imagine if they just pulled miraak on us again but this time instead of killing him because that's not our job, we foil his plans and he scooby doos away from us in the final quest like dagon did :neutral:
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 21, 2023 1:07AM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they handle Hermaeus Mora better than they handled Nocturnal so far, but I don't think Mora is a likely antagonist. At least I hope they don't make him the antagonist as that ploy of a Daedric Prince conquering Tamriel is staler than 8 year old bread now. Mora typically seems interested in hoarding knowledge by dealing with mortal champions even if it takes unethical means to do so.

Anyway, no matter what happens I just hope the plot is taken seriously and hopefully with more maturity this time (TESO is rated M for mature after all). Marvel-like plots with one-dimensional villains is writing fit for toddlers.

Bro imagine if they just pulled miraak on us again but this time instead of killing him because that's not our job, we foil his plans and he scooby doos away from us in the final quest like dagon did :neutral:

Ugh, you just reminded me that Miraak very well could be in Apocrypha right now. They probably will bring him back.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ugh, you just reminded me that Miraak very well could be in Apocrypha right now. They probably will bring him back.

They may not, we didn't see the volkihar clan during the western skyrim vampire themed expansion afterall.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to lore, he's imprisoned there right now, but it wasn't until the 4rd era until he gained enough strenght and knowledge to free himself. And I really hope they'll keep it that way.
    These chapter hints were very unsubtle, clearly Mora has something to do with the next chapter which does not ease my worry about the next chapter. He feels like one of those overrated princes ZOS will portray badly, just as Sheogorath. Daedric prince in focus and saving the world again, oh wait, two worlds, yaaaaay..... I'm already not enthuastic and will need to see some very promising stuff to be it.

While, according to my personal taste, Hermaeus Mora and the Telvanni could be perfect ingrediences for a great story, I'm really sceptical about the execution. You said the teaser hints aren't very subtle this year - I agree, and I'm afraid this lack of subtleness could carry over to the chapter story.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah Miraak may be imprisoned there but if part of the story takes place IN Apocrypha at all they might fall back to repackaging nostalgia like they did with Dagon.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

While, according to my personal taste, Hermaeus Mora and the Telvanni could be perfect ingrediences for a great story, I'm really sceptical about the execution. You said the teaser hints aren't very subtle this year - I agree, and I'm afraid this lack of subtleness could carry over to the chapter story.

The key words are "could be" :|
    Same as you so am I very sceptical about that these days.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »
    Saving the world again? Or two worlds? Can we create a story in which we don't have to hold the entire universe on our shoulders from destruction? Something exciting and without pathos. I hope that someday they will come up with this

Half the content but twice the worlds to save! It makes perfect sense. Double protagonism in half the time.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭

Because this year they're focusing on Dibella themed Event items. It would appear that Zos is simply planning 8 years in advance for their event rewards, considering there's 8 Divines.
    Pc/Na
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McMasterx wrote: »
    this year they're focusing on Dibella themed Event items

Ah yes, the Dibella theme; I totally forgot about that! Now, everything is crystal clear:

Random Telvanni finds weird artefact -> Artefact gets all Telvanni extremely "excited" -> No one does useful research anymore -> No more secrets for Hermaeus Mora to steal -> Hermaeus Mora sad -> Hermaeus Mora calls kind hero to fix everything up.

What an awful awesome story! Any similarities to quests from last year are purely coincidental.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does HM have to do with the Morag Tong? He's only tangentially related by association with his "sibling", Mephala, which she's more related to the Tong than he is.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does HM have to do with the Morag Tong? He's only tangentially related by association with his "sibling", Mephala, which she's more related to the Tong than he is.

The exact relations are unclear, but even the name Morag Tong derives from Hermaeus Mora (while it literally means nothing more than "forest", it is said that this is the origin of the guild's name).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have any of you wondered that perhaps Hermaeus Mora would be the Chapter's benefactor? He's a Prince that cares nothing for tangible power. Knowledge is his power, and I think he'd be rightly concerned over the threads of reality unraveling, because that would mean a cease of knowledge for him.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say, I'm personally in the camp that I don't want to see SpellCrafting. Unless there are wide sweeping changes to the combat system, I think it can only be a shell of what it could be.

HOWEVER, if we do get SpellCrafting, I just pray they reuse Enchanting Runes and maybe Alchemy ingredients. I have 10's of thousands of runes sitting around doing nothing, I have hundreds of ingredients that are never used in anything. The thought of a completely new array of SpellCrafting stones or pages or books or glyphs that will just end up filling my craftbag even more... makes me sad at the game bloat.

PLEASE REUSE PARTS OF THE BASE GAME BEFORE YOU JUST ADD MORE STUFF
    Edited by Billium813 on January 21, 2023 7:00AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Have any of you wondered that perhaps Hermaeus Mora would be the Chapter's benefactor? He's a Prince that cares nothing for tangible power. Knowledge is his power, and I think he'd be rightly concerned over the threads of reality unraveling, because that would mean a cease of knowledge for him.

Yeah, there are longer discussions about this in this other thread (it's a bit impractical that we have several threads about this topic - there's even a third one in the announcement forum):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/625630/letters-being-sent-out-to-streamers-in-advance-of-the-reveal
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on @ZOS_Kevin ...

You know you're one of us.

You can say where we're going. We won't tell anyone you told us.

Promise.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirrak lore please if its herma mora as the skaal would call him.
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok 90% chances for Hermaeus Mora to be involved.

But now the real question is, will it be in a subtle way or not ?

If the 2 worlds means "mortals vs mortals" , something like Akavir remnants vs Telvanni peninsula or Yokuda remnants vs Alik'r or any other cool mortals interactions/politics, WITH the addition of Mora that can get a benefit or a drawback from the situation, then it could be really cool.

But if the 2 worlds only mean an obvious "TAMRIEL VS OBLIVION, ROUND 15 000" after 2 quests, then that's almost meh ...
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZigoSid wrote: »
    Ok 90% chances for Hermaeus Mora to be involved.

Considering this is the letter that was sent for promotional reasons:

bfx4383mnqra.jpeg

And this (a screenshot from) the teaser video:

lhu8en9piq4z.jpg

I can safely say 100% ;)

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Connections were dropped couple of times through one or two books (wasn't anything in Sermons also?) and vague posts on an old official Bethesda forum that is long dead (devs and writers used to make posts, imagine that nowadays), since not Beth not Zos are interested to scrap a few bucks to hire some old writers to do Tamriel justice once more I'd guess those would be rehashed in some different manner than intended by writers previously, if no concepts were already decided upon.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Connections were dropped couple of times through one or two books (wasn't anything in Sermons also?)

No, there's one part mentioning "Mora" in connection with the Morag Tong...
    The King of Assassins presented to Vivec the Treasure Wood Sword. "Milord," the King of Assassins said. "The prince of House Mora is now fond of you, as well. I placed him in the Corner of Dagon. His eyes I set into a fire prayer for the wicked. His mouth I stuffed with birds."
    ...but this is about House Mora:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:House_Mora
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Connections were dropped couple of times through one or two books (wasn't anything in Sermons also?)

No, there's one part mentioning "Mora" in connection with the Morag Tong...
    The King of Assassins presented to Vivec the Treasure Wood Sword. "Milord," the King of Assassins said. "The prince of House Mora is now fond of you, as well. I placed him in the Corner of Dagon. His eyes I set into a fire prayer for the wicked. His mouth I stuffed with birds."
    ...but this is about House Mora:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:House_Mora

Yeah I've probably was remembering the wooden sword part there rather than a house.