Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Letters being sent out to streamers in advance of the reveal

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I’m very caught up on the two world thing. Is the wording specific? If so, realms and planets can be counted out. The only other world I know is Lyg, but I don’t know why Lyg would be important to save other than it’s historical connections to gods. And its at least two, not just two.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two world stuff is a hint at a zone split similar to Skyrim/Blackreah, Blackwood/Deadlands.

A overland and some sort of either Deadric Realm like Apocrypha.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Wondering if the name of the writer might also be a small hint (of course it doesn't necessarily have to be). The name Leramil is either Altmer or Dunmer.

Sounds more altmer or bosmer to me. But all three of those races can sometimes have very similar names, though I'd say it's leaning mostly to altmer.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on January 18, 2023 5:20PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering if the name of the writer might also be a small hint (of course it doesn't necessarily have to be). The name Leramil is either Altmer or Dunmer.

Sounds more altmer or bosmer to me. But all three of those races can sometimes have very similar names, though I'd say it's leaning mostly to altmer.

Dunmer all the way would be my first guess.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    For Mora involved, oh the swirling thoughts of spellcrafting could be the new feature & now we probably could go to Aporcrypha. (it appearance probably no difference from seen in Skyrim, but still interesting to visit there (& Battlespire) during the 2nd era) Oh, I wish the 25th come quicker.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on January 18, 2023 6:00PM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Trinotops wrote: »
    There is a Maormer cult dedicated to Hermaeus Mora mentioned in ESO
    Also Leramil seems like more of an Altmer or perhaps Maormer name to me.
    So maybe we'll get Pyandonea and the new feature will be playable Maormer.
    So, while I still think this is unlikely, there are a few more clues that could hint at this being the case.
    1. During a stream introducing the new loremaster last year, as part of the High Isle hype train, he was asked by Gina to suggest a word for chat to use in order to enter a give-away. Without even a second of hesitation he shouted out "Pyandonea!" and that always struck me as interesting. Was that just instantly reaching for a difficult word for people to type? Or was that because Pyandonea was his primary focus at the time, and something he was really excited to be working on? Could also just have been because of the Moarmer focus of Firesong but...
    2. Firesong added a WHOLE lot of new Moarmer assets. Even little things like candlesticks with sea serpent designs. Was that exclusively for Firesong, or to help spread the load of asset creation required for a Pyandonea Chapter out across an additional year?
    3. Firesong also had a lot of water magic on display from various NPCs, such as Dhulef. Maybe that's hinting at a new class focused on water magic coming? We know previous classes like Wardens and Necros drew upon existing spells and effects in the game. If so, Pyandonea is the perfect place to introduce a water class.

Don't do this. Don't give me hope.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honest question, what do people find interesting about a new race? All races in ESO besides Khajit / Argonian look basically identical with different faces. Maormer would look exactly like Altmer / Dunmer just with a different skin shade.

If we’d talk about very distinctive and different races like in WoW, Lord of the Rings Online or Guild Wars 2 for example, I’d totally understand the excitement. But all ESO races are build from the exact same model and have minimal differences outside of their faces (and in many cases even the faces are very similar).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My blind guess would be that we will get northern part of Skyrim. Spellcrafting was planned to be connected to mages guild and spells shown in early development were pretty much mimicing spells from Skyrim so what is the better place to introduce us to spellcrafting than College of Winterhold. It's also not far from Solstheim which some people here already suggested as possible choice.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    My blind guess would be that we will get northern part of Skyrim. Spellcrafting was planned to be connected to mages guild and spells shown in early development were pretty much mimicing spells from Skyrim so what is the better place to introduce us to spellcrafting than College of Winterhold. It's also not far from Solstheim which some people here already suggested as possible choice.

Could be. We know that HM is hiding out in a cave north of Winterhold trying to get someone to open a Dwemer puzzle box. Maybe this is when he starts. :smile:

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Me, reading everyone's theories:
    giphy.gif
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    giphy.gif

LOL! Love it!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

I checked. Michael Jackson is not lore friendly. Hmm. Does this mean a cross over IP deal?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Honest question, what do people find interesting about a new race? All races in ESO besides Khajit / Argonian look basically identical with different faces. Maormer would look exactly like Altmer / Dunmer just with a different skin shade.

If we’d talk about very distinctive and different races like in WoW, Lord of the Rings Online or Guild Wars 2 for example, I’d totally understand the excitement. But all ESO races are build from the exact same model and have minimal differences outside of their faces (and in many cases even the faces are very similar).

The current iteration of Maormer don't fully look like Altmer or Dunmer tho. They've got jagged knife-ears and some have scales on their faces and bodies. Not to mention the passives would be different to account for their sea-fairing lifestyle. Maybe an increase to swim speed like argonians have, resistance to shock damage, and decrease cost of class abilities by 2/4/8%.

What I find most interesting about them is the lore. Maybe they'll give us some Sea Elf themed homes and furniture to match them if we get the race.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on January 18, 2023 6:54PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    bfx4383mnqra.jpeg

Not only does it reveal Hermaeus Mora but also that we are going to Blacklight. Very clever ZOS

Are they finally going to fix the map if we are going to Blacklight? :D

Only thing I want to add is that, if this is part of a multi-year story as they said to expect, not everything teased here might show up in the upcoming chapter. E.g. the saving two worlds part. But we'll see.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two worlds thing is interesting. I think Morrowind is the obvious location given last years hint. I just want new weapon skill lines (spell and 1 handed, spears, crossbows). Spell crafting sounds like a bad idea with tons of balance issues but I could see it.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif

Zombie outbreak confirmed.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, while the US is asleep, let me post my ridiculously unlikely, but "wouldn't it be awesome if...":

The two worlds are Apocrypha and Shivering Isles.

Its actually a power struggle between the two Daedra that you get to choose a side, and a patron in .

"But there's absolutely no evidence of Sheogorath in any of this", I hear you say.

True. Its just ridiculous speculation and fancy.

But *IF* we were going to get spellcrafting FINALLY, and *IF* the Mage's Guild were still intended to serve a role in its return (as per the 2014 video describing spellcrafting), GIVEN that Sheo served as the primary antagonist during the original Mages Guild questline AND the repeatable MG dailies written later, and given that KNOWLEDGE and MADNESS go hand-in-hand in a deliciously Lovecraftian way, then... maybe?

I don't know but making 2023's world be explorable Apocrypha AND Shivering Isles would be pretty cool.

This right here is the best idea. If that's not the plan, there's still time to make it the plan.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I see we're saving the world for the...oh, what are we up to now...fourth or fifth time?

Two of them, apparently. :smile:

When saving the World gets tiresome, why not add another World. Spice things up a bit.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The current iteration of Maormer don't fully look like Altmer or Dunmer tho. They've got jagged knife-ears and some have scales on their faces and bodies. Not to mention the passives would be different to account for their sea-fairing lifestyle. Maybe an increase to swim speed like argonians have, resistance to shock damage, and decrease cost of class abilities by 2/4/8%.

What I find most interesting about them is the lore. Maybe they'll give us some Sea Elf themed homes and furniture to match them if we get the race.

I mean you just said it… they have different ears and scales in their faces. Scales on their body would be hidden by armor anyway. Passives are things you don’t even recognize, so it could be any race honestly.

I agree with the lore, but to experience their lore and style of living / culture we don’t need them as race, do we? At the end of the day everybody can slap some scales or skin on due to all the cosmetic stuff in this game. We don’t really need a new race just for passive and some hardly recognizable new ears or scales in their face.

I‘m not trying to ruin your fantasy or anything, I just find excitement for a new race that is just like every other race in most cases hard to understand. I have an Orc, a Breton, a Khajiit and an Altmer. If I’d put them in the same armor, the only thing that makes them different is the Khajiit tail and that my Orcs a bit buffer. Besides that, they’re all the same unless I scroll into their faces. With Maormer it would basically be the same - which is a shame, because Elder Scrolls has so many interesting races. But they’re just depicted very poorly when it comes to their models in ESO.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    bfx4383mnqra.jpeg

Not only does it reveal Hermaeus Mora but also that we are going to Blacklight. Very clever ZOS

Are they finally going to fix the map if we are going to Blacklight? :D

Only thing I want to add is that, if this is part of a multi-year story as they said to expect, not everything teased here might show up in the upcoming chapter. E.g. the saving two worlds part. But we'll see.

Didn’t they specifically say that it’s not a year-long story and instead the Chapter itself is a closed story?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bfx4383mnqra.jpeg

Does this mean they'll finally fix the world map?

That was something many people wanted for a while, and I'm all for that change.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Didn’t they specifically say that it’s not a year-long story and instead the Chapter itself is a closed story?

Here's what Matt said in his letter last month, "Given the above, 2023 will see us moving away from the "Year Long Adventure” 12-month storylines that we have featured since 2019's Season of the Dragon. I think these have run their course and frees us up to do some new and interesting content that we've been wanting to do for a few years now—and lets us return to expansive story arcs that unfold over multiple Chapters."

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's what Matt said in his letter last month, "Given the above, 2023 will see us moving away from the "Year Long Adventure” 12-month storylines that we have featured since 2019's Season of the Dragon. I think these have run their course and frees us up to do some new and interesting content that we've been wanting to do for a few years now—and lets us return to expansive story arcs that unfold over multiple Chapters."

Ah. So back to the Morrowind and Summerset kind of storytelling, I get it know - thanks!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    bfx4383mnqra.jpeg

yeah, that was my first thought. Going to Blacklight but it doesn't exist on the current map XD

It would be around here in case anyone doesn't know
    wZuqmtK.png
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on January 18, 2023 9:09PM
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you EXACTLY what is going to happen.......

There will be places to go - people to fight - and things to do.

There will be things there, to Thong you...... your entrails will become your extrails...... it will..... um..... PAIN, lots and lots of PAIN......

Aulswulfe
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope so! I’d be excited for a Mer focused chapter and especially find the unique Dunmer culture and architectural styles fascinating — and the lands of Morrowind! Summerset is more traditionally beautiful and I hope the Bosmer get a focused chapter/DLC eventually (maybe Falinesti?) and Pyandonea could be exciting but I’m not expecting that! I will be disappointed if it’s more Nord/Skyrim stuff as that seems over-represented and not as interesting to me.

Involvement by Hermaeus Mora definitely intrigues me and I’m hoping for spell-crafting because I love to customize my characters (I’ll do what the group needs if taking on trial challenges and the like, but that’s only part of what I enjoy doing so most of my characters won’t be running the ultimate-spell-of-ever-so-slightly-but-essentially-bestest, lol, if it even does work that way).
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    bfx4383mnqra.jpeg

Hoping they remake the Rift and Eastmarch to look more like TES V and then also fix the map in the process since those regions are bordering.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we go by these names lists:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Altmer_Names
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer_Names
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer_Names
    There's no Bosmer, 1 Dunmer and about a dozen of Altmer names ending with -amil. If we include -adil and -anil, Dunmer catch up. I think we can agree that it's definitively an elven name. Although that doesn't have to mean a thing at all, as that character doesn't have to be a native of next chapter's zone.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, Proxy then.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Proxy, The tide of fate swirls around you with glorious fury and has chosen you to serve as its surrogate in a crisis most perilous."

I don't think there's more behind that.

So, to sum it up:

The person the letter is adressed to (player character, who else is known for saving the world?) was chosen by "the tide of fate" (= Hermaeus Mora) and therefore adressed by one of his cultists (that would be the mer Leramil - "the Wise" would also be a fitting rank for a Mora cult, btw) to stop some danger for 2 worlds, so probably for Nirn and his own realm (Apocrypha).

Who could be powerful enough to be a danger to Hermaeus Mora? Is any mortal capable of that, or only another Daedric Prince? If it's the latter, the traditional opponent is Vaermina the Dreamweaver, as was pointed out correctly, which also fits the description about the "the thread that keeps reality itself from unraveling".
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire