Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Letters being sent out to streamers in advance of the reveal

Elsonso
Elsonso
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Documenting this in a thread. Lotus of Doom received one, text is below. Photo used with permission.
Proxy,

The tide of fate swirls around you with glorious fury and has chosen you to serve as its surrogate in a crisis most perilous. The future of at least two worlds hangs in the balance. Your talent for changing destiny has been noticed, hence the reason for this letter.

Many paths lead forward, but only one ends with the survival of Nirn. At this particular moment, in this specific instance, you must be the thread that keeps reality itself from unraveling.

I shall summon you as soon as the inescapable fortunes of consequence show me where we are needed most.

Leramil the Wise

Edit: Under black light, the letter shows the sigil of Hermaeus Mora

0xrjbwiefh0t.png

Edit 2: Wanted to add that three four ESO streamers have posted images of letters they received. So far, all of them are the same.
Edited by Elsonso on January 20, 2023 7:25PM
PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    sigil of Hermaeus Mora

Somehow not unexpected. Would back my assumption that it could be Telvanni Peninsula (+ spellcrafting ;) ).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun!
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting would give ESO undying longevity. As long as the feature would be supported, there will be people hanging on every patch note looking to see what new spells are getting revealed.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh, Hermaeus Mora is one of the more interesting Daedric princes! ^^
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering if the name of the writer might also be a small hint (of course it doesn't necessarily have to be). The name Leramil is either Altmer or Dunmer.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora. The only daedric prince that doesn't make me eye-roll*. I approve.

*Yet.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see we're saving the world for the...oh, what are we up to now...fourth or fifth time?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see we're saving the world for the...oh, what are we up to now...fourth or fifth time?

Two of them, apparently. :smile:

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Two of them, apparently. :smile:

And when people say they don't want to save two worlds again, they'll get to save three ;)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In one of the ESO Live streams from early 2015 (maybe 2016), Gina said that Hermaeus Mora was connected to the disappearance of all children from Tamriel. Perhaps that mystery will finally be solved this year.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus “The Tides of Fate”
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* Not my thing if true.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    In one of the ESO Live streams from early 2015 (maybe 2016), Gina said that Hermaeus Mora was connected to the disappearance of all children from Tamriel. Perhaps that mystery will finally be solved this year.

What if that is the new feature. Children.
    Plus “The Tides of Fate”

Personally, this all feels a lot like the extension of a storyline that started in Blackreach.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 18, 2023 4:14AM
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Wondering if the name of the writer might also be a small hint (of course it doesn't necessarily have to be). The name Leramil is either Altmer or Dunmer.

The Dunmer and Hermaeus Mora connection could also be pointing towards Solstheim being the new zone as they both are heavily tied to the Island (although I'm not sure to what extend during ESO's era).

But if we also go with "spellcrafting" being the big new feature, that could back up the idea as well, if they use the "black books" in some way of acquiring the knowledge of the spells, etc. Either as clues to begin the process of finding the orbs that would lead us to the rubbings sites or some other aspect of the process they've come up with.

Will be interesting for sure to see what they've come up with.

Bring on the 25th and Dev Direct. :smile:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »

The Dunmer and Hermaeus Mora connection could also be pointing towards Solstheim being the new zone as they both are heavily tied to the Island (although I'm not sure to what extend during ESO's era).

Hermaeus Mora has his tentacles everywhere. The only place that he doesn't appear to be is Apocrypha. :neutral:
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True.

But I have a sneaky suspicion that we may be spending some time in Aporcrypha soon enough if this letter is really hinting to him!

And as long as he decides to come home every now and again! :smiley:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see him having a special connection to that place. And at this time, there are probably only the Skaal on Solstheim.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't see him having a special connection to that place. And at this time, there are probably only the Skaal on Solstheim.

Well his current champion's rest is there, plus he's been striving for that Skaal "101 ways to skin a horker" lesson for quite a while there it seems.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well his current champion's rest is there, plus he's been striving for that Skaal "101 ways to skin a horker" lesson for quite a while there it seems.

Which champion? I think the last keeper of the Oghma Infinium was Graccus, an Imperial. Also I'm not sure if the Skaal were ever mentioned somewhere in ESO yet (except for a costume or outfit or something like that).

Edited by Syldras on January 18, 2023 5:11AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • HailstoSithis
    HailstoSithis
    ✭✭✭
    This letter gives me vibes of time travel to the future and the past (two worlds) if there is a hidden sigil of Hermaeus Mora on this letter. I guess we will see.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Which champion? I think the last keeper of the Oghma Infinium was Graccus, an Imperial. Also I'm not sure if the Skaal were ever mentioned somewhere in ESO yet (except for a costume or outfit or something like that).

The first dragonborn one, which place we're taking in fourth era. His temple and the black book is still underground at the very centre of Solstheim. Like a lot of things there's not much mention of them in eso, which makes them even better target for a new content.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first dragonborn one, which place we're taking in fourth era. His temple and the black book is still underground at the very centre of Solstheim.

Oh, you mean the one from the Skaal myths? Well, okay, that one exists. But there are many cultures of Nirn, recent and historic, who had somehow come across Hermaeus Mora, if not all. They all have their specific names for him - for example the Khajiit call him Hermorah, the Ayleids Hyrma Mora - and there are cultists of him basically everywhere. The Skaal are only one culture within many that had to do with him, they're not special in that aspect.
    Plus “The Tides of Fate”

Yeah, "Master of the Tides of Fate" is one of the names of Herma Mora. Although I thought it was mainly used by Khajiit - but it could be common elsewhere too.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a Maormer cult dedicated to Hermaeus Mora mentioned in ESO
    Also Leramil seems like more of an Altmer or perhaps Maormer name to me.
    So maybe we'll get Pyandonea and the new feature will be playable Maormer.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first dragonborn one, which place we're taking in fourth era. His temple and the black book is still underground at the very centre of Solstheim.

Oh, you mean the one from the Skaal myths? Well, okay, that one exists. But there are many cultures of Nirn, recent and historic, who had somehow come across Hermaeus Mora, if not all. They all have their specific names for him - for example the Khajiit call him Hermorah, the Ayleids Hyrma Mora - and there are cultists of him basically everywhere. The Skaal are only one culture within many that had to do with him, they're not special in that aspect.

They are special in a way ESO trying to monetize nostalgia, like they did with Vvardenfell or Blackwood, so it's best guess still as you can link any prince to literally any region in the game and the only place in tes (apart from Apocrypha itself) that is heavily linked to this exact one is Solstheim via Skyrim's last dlc, even though I don't think it's what we're getting, we just have no information to work with. Not that I even want to know this time around.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saving Nirn again? I say let it burn for once.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are special in a way ESO trying to monetize nostalgia

Okay, from the marketing perspective, this makes sense. But Solstheim as a whole Q2 chapter would seem rather small to me, to be honest. And there isn't much according to lore, if they don't make up new settlements for this chapter.
    Trinotops wrote: »
    Also Leramil seems like more of an Altmer or perhaps Maormer name to me.

I'd say most probably Altmer, although there are Dunmer names ending with -amil (Noramil comes to my mind), -adil and the likes too. But of course Maormer could also be possible.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are special in a way ESO trying to monetize nostalgia

Okay, from the marketing perspective, this makes sense. But Solstheim as a whole Q2 chapter would seem rather small to me, to be honest. And there isn't much according to lore, if they don't make up new settlements for this chapter.

One of the reasons I don't think it's going to be Solstheim, but they can always scale up and down, add some additional territories even outside of Nirn etc. Still having no actually useful information to guess making it all irrelevant kinda.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing, although that's basically a shot in the dark: In the first paragraph of the letter, the "tide of fate" is mentioned, which 100% related to Hermaeus Mora. I've been wondering if the 2nd paragraph could tell more about another force involved. What caught my attention is "the thread that keeps reality from unraveling". That sounds quite specific. Might it be related to the webspinner Mephala somehow? She's also a Daedra of hidden secrets and both Hermaeus Mora and Mephala play a role in Morag Tong history (and Mephala being important for Dunmer altogether, still being one of the "Good Daedra" of Dunmer religion).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing, although that's basically a shot in the dark: In the first paragraph of the letter, the "tide of fate" is mentioned, which 100% related to Hermaeus Mora. I've been wondering if the 2nd paragraph could tell more about another force involved. What caught my attention is "the thread that keeps reality from unraveling". That sounds quite specific. Might it be related to the webspinner Mephala somehow? She's also a Daedra of hidden secrets and both Hermaeus Mora and Mephala play a role in Morag Tong history (and Mephala being important for Dunmer altogether, still being one of the "Good Daedra" of Dunmer religion).

Highly doubt it. Mephala was already part of a Daedric plot where she got her just desserts and then some. I'm sure she knows better than to bother the Vestige so soon after her last failed attempt.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highly doubt it. Mephala was already part of a Daedric plot where she got her just desserts and then some. I'm sure she knows better than to bother the Vestige so soon after her last failed attempt.

That's the one thing that makes me wonder (and that makes it less probable - although, who knows how much they still know about their own lore, after several severe lore mistakes last year). But it's still interesting how close the wording is (from her own dialogue): "Call me 'Webspinner'. Pluck but a single thread, and the weave unravels."

Another small thing about Hermaeus Mora:
    "Also called the Demon of Knowledge, he is vaguely related to the cult origins of the Morag Tong ('Foresters Guild'), if only by association with his brother/sister, Mephala."
    Source: Lorebook "Varieties of Faith"

Well, we don't know yet.
    @Syldras | PC | EU