The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Skill Curve is still completely Imbalanced.

• ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi everyone,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread as well as some non-constructive comments. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ariordin wrote: »

Gear being gatekept is the second biggest scapegoat in ESO (behind weaving). There are so many combos that dont require you to step foot in a trial that are withing 2-3% of meta gear. We have more options now than we have ever had. Sure the guys parse phishing on youtube are min/maxed as much as possible, but too many players see that, realize they dont have that specific gear setup, and throw their hands in the air.

I wont say that the skill threshold in ESO isnt higher than a lot of games (it is and I personally like that), but dont blame gear or weaving for bad DPS. Neither are required to hit 100k.

This is true mostly for DPS, getting into vet trials as a healer can be quite hard because you will need both a Rojo and a SPC/x setup, often this x is something from never trials as well. But even then the normal trial alternatives to the perfected versions are just as good for your group. The only one losing out is you, and not by much. But there is a pretty big gate keep on support roles. I do think this is a good thing though as I think playing DPS gives you good fundamentals of high APM etc, something playing a tank or healer won't let you. I also think one of the bigger problems is that youtubers making guides for Oakensoul recommend some optimized heavy attack sets instead of just telling people to Wear Order's Wrath and Mother's Sorrow. It will be hard to be motivated to go on a real DPS setup if you knew you needed to farm 2 new sets instead of one. I also think it's a big waste of time and money to farm these sets for a little dps increase on a build already at least 10% behind. When you could wear Orders Wrath and translate much better into a real DPS setup later.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time