The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WAR on Bots

Zanbarbone
Zanbarbone
✭✭
This is just my 2 cents, But it would seem to me that there are still a lot of low level bots in high level zones just teleporting to harvest nodes and spam/camp harvesting.. Even after todays patch.
( FYI there are some harvest nodes that re-spawn almost instantly ... a different issue that needs to be addressed. Ticket sent.) ..

I have been able to kill some of these bots with AOE trash mobs around the area. Just to watch them teleport back and start their evil process over again.

MY IDEAS:

Spawn/Farming:
Limit the bots to single level zone ... this can be done by putting a level restriction on zones/maps. Say level 1 bots stay in a zone that has access to ONLY the level 1 - 10 zones. Do not let these bots gain access to higher levels.
Yes, I know that some will slip through. But they can be easily spotted and reported.
Not to mention that it will be easier for the GM's to remove them if these bots are corralled in 1 or 2 zones.

SPAM REPORT BOTS (rumor):
I heard this one from a guild mate and unable to confirm.
Simple solution ... Put a capcha above the report confirmation button.
Yes it will take more time to fill out a report, But it will put an end to this menace.
(That's if it exists at all)

Gold Spam bots: Restrict Zone chat to people under the level 10(ish).
Yes this will make communication zone wide difficult for some new people. But area chat will still be available.

Email Gold Spam:
Restrict emails to people under the level 10(ish).
Yes this will make sending emails to other people difficult.
But restricting the amount of emails one can send will help curb the spam.

PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE and THE GAME'S
REMOVE the loot restrictions for high level zones... As it is, This makes it very hard to get any loot or gold for legitimate players. People do not like the fact that they have to wait a certain amount of time before they can go from one named to another. This takes all the fun out of the game.

Again this is just my 2 cents... I encourage and welcome all feedback on these thoughts. Please feel free to post your own ideas, thoughts and comments.
I'm wearing my asbestos underwear so flame away if you feel the need,
But PLEASE no profanity

Before I forget, we can have some fun with these bots :)
Have the GM's that designate an player as a bot turn said person/player into a killable target and we all can have our revenge :) For now just drag some AOE mobs onto them :)

ESO's Greatest fan,

Zanbarbone
Promoting open mindedness, One arrow at a time.
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in love with the idea of making identified bots kill-able, but unless a GM does it or it is completely NOT player controlled (voting,etc) this could be prone to abuse. Haha

I like the idea of limiting certain functions to level 10+ -- but this could push away potential new players at the same time, so I don't see that happening all over. I am glad they limited guild creation.
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • Brakkar
    Brakkar
    ✭✭✭
    This just won't do.
    I have a better idea, however it requires all storyline quests to work properly.
    Just implement the same rule vr zones have to lower levels.
    In order to progress from one vr faction to another, a player is required to finish all main storyline quests in all vr zones of said faction.
    It is impossible to teleport to player i.e. in Alik'r Dessert if you haven't finished questline for EP.
    Tried that and did not work.

Do that and you wont see any bots past first islands anymore, assuming that all of those which progressed further will be banned.
  • Zanbarbone
    Zanbarbone
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your great comments and ideas :)
  • ballistic
    ballistic
    ✭✭
    ZOS were provided the necessary techniques to detect and purge the bots effectively and automatically weeks ago.

They have done far too little and have taken too long to fix it.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should dump all the bots into given keeps in the pvp area and let people have fun with them, that would mess up their programing And throw in the gold spammers for fun also!
  • Kanchoe
    Kanchoe
    wish there was a war on bugs
  • scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    It will be a pleasure to zap the bots with some heavy duty storm calling. Good thread, OP.
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Should dump all the bots into given keeps in the pvp area and let people have fun with them, that would mess up their programing And throw in the gold spammers for fun also!

Well don't get too excited about this idea because being a bot doesn't mean that character (or account) can't actually be played. To prove my point.......I found a great dungeon to grief the botters farming a boss; The mobs that were close were all either mages or archers so all I had to do was aggro the outlying room, run into the bot pack and watch the collateral damage fly! The bots dropped like flies until.........they returned and started playing actively. A few of the bots would then actively kill the outlying mobs as they popped, robbing me of my griefing weapon and allowing most of the pile to continue.

• Zanbarbone
    Zanbarbone
    ✭✭
    yeah, I'd like to see a bunch of Bots try to kill a bunch of Players 5-10 levels higher then them.
    Edited by Zanbarbone on May 1, 2014 5:54AM
  • Zanbarbone
    Zanbarbone
    ✭✭
    bump
  • Zanbarbone
    Zanbarbone
    ✭✭
    goodness ... another shameless bump ...
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    Personaly I prefer playing The Elder Scrolls Online instead of War on Bots... Never seen any but then I don't go looking for them either...
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    For the jute bots you can do the following: harvest the jute yourself (by clicking fast), then keep the window open. This way you are locking it,no one can harvest it. After a minute or so the bot will dispear. It will then either reappear at the same spot or teleport to another.

If you cannot harvest it at all (ie don't get the in use text) then the bot is doing the same thing, locking it. Often they be doing random emotes to look busy . you can then aoe them via a mob, that closes the loot popup.

I have seen bots fight amongt theselves over node via the aoe mobs. I've also heard them talking (well their players obviously) in Chinese multiple times, in case anyone had any doubt where these players are from =p

Soo tired of these effin parasites... The real solution would be for people to NOT buy gold or items with rel currency, is eliminate the demand but apparently there is an endless supply of idiots willing to do so....
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does ANYONE suggesting captcha realize that it doesn't help at all? Captcha does one thing: annoy legitimate users. It doesn't even slow down bots at all. Bots have been able to break it for a long time. In fact, bots can break catpcha now EASIER than humans can, and there are bots that specialize in it.

Maybe, 15 years ago it might've helped. Not today.