Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Minor quest bug in Galen Daily: The Moth Study

Billium813
Billium813
✭✭✭✭✭
For the "The Moth Study" daily in Galen, I traveled to the Valley of the Watcher WB and Gathered 2/3 Radiant Phoenix Moths. Gathering these 2 Moths removed the quest circles from the zone map. However, there was still a third Moth to collect. Except, now there is no quest circle on the map to show me where it is. I think the code for the daily is not placing the 3rd circle on the zone map, if the Moths spawn in the same area. Or, collecting 1 Moth removes the zone map circle even if there are more moths to collect nearby.

igcqner53207.gif
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since the update, one of the moths is now missing in the moth study. Above more detailed report by Bilium is exactly what is happening to me. Also bug reported it in game.
    Edited by StabbityDoom on November 15, 2022 2:22PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the update, one of the moths is now missing in the moth study. Above more detailed report by Bilium is exactly what is happening to me. Also bug reported it in game.

It's worth noting that the 3rd moth is still there, so the quest IS still completable! You just don't get a zone map circle to tell you where it is. You will still see an arrow indicator though when you get close enough.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just wanted to follow up here. We shared this thread with the team and they are working on a fix for this. We'll update once we have a fix in place and timing for that. Thanks for highlighting this.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »

It's worth noting that the 3rd moth is still there, so the quest IS still completable! You just don't get a zone map circle to tell you where it is. You will still see an arrow indicator though when you get close enough.

Ok, I'll go back and try again, thanks Billium, but.. I couldn't find it searching even without the map... the arrow just vanished. I'll try harder this time. Thanks again, Kevin for passing this on.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was this supposed to be fixed in the most recent patch? because it wasn't.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS