Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

MASSIVE BUG/EXPLOIT Why havent you shut the servers down?

• Matherios
    Matherios
    ✭✭✭
    Csleia wrote: »
    Matherios wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know we are aware of this issue and have been working on a fix, which we hope to roll out soon. We'll have more details later today.

what are you going to do about the hundreds of players who knowingly used this unavoidable exploit to get dozens of godslayers, dawbringers, planesbreakers, and swashbucklers last night and all day today?

Who did all those lol

idk, but if you cant get a trifecta with this bug then thats even more sad

You do know that standard doesn't stay all day up right? Somebody who doesn't know what to do will die either way. So what you are saying is incorrect.
    People can abuse it yea but it won't give them something for free.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I thought mentioning a bug exploit and explaining it in enough detail for players to go duplicate it was seriously frowned upon, as in, considered ban-worthy bad?

Logging onto a DK and using your ultimate even once at any point is what we are talking about here as the 'exploit'. I g
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    DKs are so broken that there is no way to avoid this bug if you play DK at all. My group did vDOM HM on DKs to see what all the fuss was about. Using standard just almost immediately tripled our normal dps numbers.

We decided to simply stop using the DK ultimate halfway through. Our damage numbers did go back to what we normally see. But my DK took almost no damage from any of the mechanics.

This is such a serious bug that I'm surprised there isn't a lot more discussion about this on the forums.

It is being discussed, just not on the official forum.

The nature of the discussion makes the official forum ill suited for it.

I didn't correctly phrase what I meant to say. We don't need a discussion among the players about this on the forums. I would have liked ZOS to send out a communication to give some notification or guidance. Even some clarification on what is ok. Are DKs not supposed to play at all while they fix it? Or should they just remove that one skill from your bars? Or play normally?Official silence on this doesn't seem like the best approach.

After my experience with vDOM, I don't want to use my DK for any remotely challenging content. I'd definitely appreciate some notice on what the solution or timeline to this issue is. The issue is so basic that it is not like trying to keep it a secret is going to reduce the frequency of the issue occurring. This 'exploit' (if we want to call it that) happens whether or not someone has knowledge of it. In fact, the only way to avoid it is to have detailed knowledge of it.

I agree that, if this wasn't quietly fixed in today's hotfix, there should be some kind of official acknowledgement and guideline because as you point out, it is very likely that it will happen to people while playing normally, regardless of whether they are aware or not; extreme outliers would have to be actively pursued but small to moderate boosts to dps, one would have to play the class in a very unusual manner for this not to occur 'naturally'.

If ZOS hasn't said it's an exploit then why would people expect consequences? If they said, "Stop playing your DKs or you will be sanctioned" then it would clearly be actionable. But how can they punish you for playing the same way you have every day since the beginning?

If you’re pulling over twice the damage while playing the same way in a setting like a trial and intentionally continuing, that is an obvious exploit. Endgame trial players in particular did not get to the point they did without understanding the ceilings of their classes. When that’s exceeded as enormously as it is being right now, any reasonable person would know something was wrong. It is not doing 5k, 10k more dps than before. It is doing 275k on a boss fight (save maybe Bow Breaker, where I’ve seen a genuine 262k due to all the adds), or reaching parses of 400k+. These are not remotely reasonable numbers in the context of this game.

ZOS has not historically been interested in punishing players for minor benefits they might not have noticed. They will not action everyone who has been on a DK with a class skill slotted. Most players on DK have probably not actually noticed (or benefited overmuch from) this issue, since it resets on switching zones and it’s unlikely people will be stacking the affected skills in overland, quests, and similar areas. Nor is it particularly problematic if a player does a bit more dps as they complete their current zone or quest, which is likely to happen by accident. But when people take advantage of that to run competitive content like vet trials and even tris with damage and protection that is stacking in an obvious and obviously unreasonable way, that is not acting in good faith.

There is a rational line to draw here.
    Options
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]

But when people take advantage of that to run competitive content like vet trials and even tris with damage and protection that is stacking in an obvious and obviously unreasonable way, that is not acting in good faith.

There is a rational line to draw here.[/quote]

we assume its a rational line yet i know of multiple teams organizing trifecta pushes with all dk's with the explicit intention of using this bug
    Options
  • Matherios
    Matherios
    ✭✭✭

But when people take advantage of that to run competitive content like vet trials and even tris with damage and protection that is stacking in an obvious and obviously unreasonable way, that is not acting in good faith.

There is a rational line to draw here.[/quote]

we assume its a rational line yet i know of multiple teams organizing trifecta pushes with all dk's with the explicit intention of using this bug
    [/quote]

Ye people who abuse it suck.
    I would report people who did it tho and knowing they are doing it intentionally
    Options
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on November 2, 2022 5:24PM
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't see how you can ban folks for this since they are doing the mechanics of the trials. They're just doing them far to easily. So its all too easy for legit players to simply join a pug and get swept up in it.

Taking away achievements is option b) but I believe in the past theyve said that's not really doable?

Anyways I should go make some popcorn.
    Options
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anybody should be banned. They should have reversed this as soon as they knew it was an issue (yesterday), to prevent this from happening.
    Options
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we have been progging pb for example with a team stacked with dk already will we be penalized for continuing the progression due to this issue?
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
    Options
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭
    irswat wrote: »
    If we have been progging pb for example with a team stacked with dk already will we be penalized for continuing the progression due to this issue?

since zos isn't saying anything, you have to choose to risk it or not
    their stance in the past when they ban hundreds of people for easy to use exploits - "well you still shouldn't have done it"

basically, with a bug this outrageous, do you really think they wont do a rollback or ban wave?
    Options
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    Does this DK thing affect DK tanks? All my skills are set for keeping me alive, tanking, and supporting my team, so unsure if this exploit applies or not.

Last logs I was in showed my dps as 2nd to the last as it should be as a tank or healer since your skills should be various forms of support(taunts for tanks/HoTs for healers) mostly. If your healer or tank is doing decent DPS you're not a main tank or healer, in my opinion anyway.
    Options
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a DK every day! Crafting, Antiquities, and daily. Not going to stop. If you just play as you normally do then it is not an exploit, it is a feature.
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There's a whole lot of DK-stacking going on amongst the leaders. Very monkaS situation.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Don't see how you can ban folks for this since they are doing the mechanics of the trials. They're just doing them far to easily. So its all too easy for legit players to simply join a pug and get swept up in it.

Taking away achievements is option b) but I believe in the past theyve said that's not really doable?

Anyways I should go make some popcorn.

I mean, ZOS has already set a precedent for banning players for taking advantage of clearly broken bugs, even if ignoring those bugs would mean not doing the content.

There was a imperial city bug a few years back that gave way more XP than intended from imperial city monsters. People who discovered it and left immediately were fine. People who stayed in imperial city and leveled like crazy were suspended.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/396731/suspensions-for-update-17-xp-exploit/p1

This is no different. A team with a few DKs on it who go in and find they are doing unusually more DPS than expected, maybe go in a second time to figure out why are not a problem. Teams that set up full DK comps, and then do all the trifectas and score runs, are clearly taking advantage of a bug they could just avoid by not running DKs in the content or not doing the content until it is fixed.
    Edited by jaws343 on November 2, 2022 6:00PM
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know we are aware of this issue and have been working on a fix, which we hope to roll out soon. We'll have more details later today.

Are you also aware of the issue with the healing value of budding seeds scaling for each person in the AOE? Some absolutely INSANE healing.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Matherios
    Matherios
    ✭✭✭

What about stampede,budding seeds,block,bashing,channeled abilities,crashes with logs?
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean leaderboards for CR, RG, and SS are stacked with DKs. So um.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno , I've heard a similar bug/exploit was also affecting a specific armor set as well. Does the hotfix also fix that armor set?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Are you also aware of the issue with the healing value of budding seeds scaling for each person in the AOE? Some absolutely INSANE healing.

Yes, we're aware and looking into it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know you're probably super busy but may I ask clarification on something? I am a dk main for my trials group and I've got trials coming up tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. Would I face a ban for playing my main?
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know you're probably super busy but may I ask clarification on something? I am a dk main for my trials group and I've got trials coming up tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. Would I face a ban for playing my main?

No, the issue here is fixed so you're good to go!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, the issue here is fixed so you're good to go!

Doh! My bad. Thank you so much for the quick reply.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the first time in happy I'm on console and we don't have to deal with this craziness for launch 😂
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seen many groups that poped up overnight where everyone was DK and got their first HM and trifectas doing 270k+ dps from each DK.
    It's pretty sad.

This is important....does that mean their were dk healers too?
    Options
  • Krymsyn_Panda
    Krymsyn_Panda
    ✭✭✭
    Since this thread has some traction on actually seeing what bugs are noted and being worked on, any word about roll dodging now dropping block? When I am holding block, then roll dodge, all while holding block, I am no long blocking after the roll dodge. This is new behaviour and very difficult to adjust to. Is this being reverted?

P.S. a list of all known issues and what is being done about them would go a long way to assuage people who are worried about things like just playing that game on their DK main. It would alleviate a lot of stress and worry.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Since this thread has some traction on actually seeing what bugs are noted and being worked on, any word about roll dodging now dropping block? When I am holding block, then roll dodge, all while holding block, I am no long blocking after the roll dodge. This is new behaviour and very difficult to adjust to. Is this being reverted?

Yep, we're also aware of this and will work on getting it fixed. It's not an intentional change.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, we're also aware of this and will work on getting it fixed. It's not an intentional change.

Likely you're already aware but combat logging is also inducing instant crashes (with no other mods or libraries being present). I have directly experienced it as have several others whom I've spoken with. There are also reports of it on the subreddit and across various Discords.
    Options
  • TooWeak2Live
    TooWeak2Live
    ✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    Obviously any team that goes out and clears trifecta or any content with this bug won't only be laughed at by the entire end game community. They will also receive roll back on characters as well as suspensions depending on the severity that they are exploiting

I believe I've only seen that happen once in the 5 years I've been playing, and that was for the IC XP bug, which you literally couldn't avoid except by not playing IC at all (if you even knew it was happening).

So no, it's unlikely anything will be done.
    Options
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy more housing stuff
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy more housing stuff

Is there a new bug that raises the item limits?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options