Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

MASSIVE BUG/EXPLOIT Why havent you shut the servers down?

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKs are so broken that there is no way to avoid this bug if you play DK at all. My group did vDOM HM on DKs to see what all the fuss was about. Using standard just almost immediately tripled our normal dps numbers.

We decided to simply stop using the DK ultimate halfway through. Our damage numbers did go back to what we normally see. But my DK took almost no damage from any of the mechanics.

This is such a serious bug that I'm surprised there isn't a lot more discussion about this on the forums.

It is being discussed, just not on the official forum.

The nature of the discussion makes the official forum ill suited for it.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I thought mentioning a bug exploit and explaining it in enough detail for players to go duplicate it was seriously frowned upon, as in, considered ban-worthy bad?

You literally just have to play the game as a DK to duplicate the bug. How it it unavoidable when you already have raid teams that have DKs in them?

Should we just stop playing the game? Why havent they said anything or addressed this?
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on November 2, 2022 1:38PM
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    I thought mentioning a bug exploit and explaining it in enough detail for players to go duplicate it was seriously frowned upon, as in, considered ban-worthy bad?

Logging onto a DK and using your ultimate even once at any point is what we are talking about here as the 'exploit'. I g
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    DKs are so broken that there is no way to avoid this bug if you play DK at all. My group did vDOM HM on DKs to see what all the fuss was about. Using standard just almost immediately tripled our normal dps numbers.

We decided to simply stop using the DK ultimate halfway through. Our damage numbers did go back to what we normally see. But my DK took almost no damage from any of the mechanics.

This is such a serious bug that I'm surprised there isn't a lot more discussion about this on the forums.

I didn't correctly phrase what I meant to say. We don't need a discussion among the players about this on the forums. I would have liked ZOS to send out a communication to give some notification or guidance. Even some clarification on what is ok. Are DKs not supposed to play at all while they fix it? Or should they just remove that one skill from your bars? Or play normally?Official silence on this doesn't seem like the best approach.

After my experience with vDOM, I don't want to use my DK for any remotely challenging content. I'd definitely appreciate some notice on what the solution or timeline to this issue is. The issue is so basic that it is not like trying to keep it a secret is going to reduce the frequency of the issue occurring. This 'exploit' (if we want to call it that) happens whether or not someone has knowledge of it. In fact, the only way to avoid it is to have detailed knowledge of it.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DK damage is insane and yes simply playing as a DK dublicates the bug.

@ZOS_Kevin you definitely have to look into this, this is simply game breaking.
    Edited by Wolfkeks on November 2, 2022 2:25PM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Logging onto a DK and using your ultimate even once at any point is what we are talking about here as the 'exploit'. I g

I didn't correctly phrase what I meant to say. We don't need a discussion among the players about this on the forums. I would have liked ZOS to send out a communication to give some notification or guidance. Even some clarification on what is ok. Are DKs not supposed to play at all while they fix it? Or should they just remove that one skill from your bars? Or play normally?Official silence on this doesn't seem like the best approach.

After my experience with vDOM, I don't want to use my DK for any remotely challenging content. I'd definitely appreciate some notice on what the solution or timeline to this issue is. The issue is so basic that it is not like trying to keep it a secret is going to reduce the frequency of the issue occurring. This 'exploit' (if we want to call it that) happens whether or not someone has knowledge of it. In fact, the only way to avoid it is to have detailed knowledge of it.

I agree that, if this wasn't quietly fixed in today's hotfix, there should be some kind of official acknowledgement and guideline because as you point out, it is very likely that it will happen to people while playing normally, regardless of whether they are aware or not; extreme outliers would have to be actively pursued but small to moderate boosts to dps, one would have to play the class in a very unusual manner for this not to occur 'naturally'.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on November 2, 2022 1:49PM
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I won't be touching my DK until a fix or they have a statement on it saying whats okay, because frankly this bug is just going to happen to you without ever even trying to replicate it. Each DK in our vDSR HM group was able to do upwards of 300-400k last night until we decided it wasn't worth the risk and the server was so unstable anyway. They've banned for less, they've banned for folks replicating bugs so they could report them. I don't trust it. Most other devs either disable game breaking features when massive bugs occur or say ya know what have fun with it until its fixed.
    Ours is the Fury
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable that there are so many who like this type of broken mechanism. There have been multiple broken mechanics that are often fully exploited till the ban hammer comes down. Not knowing it is an exploit is the most pathetic excuse ever.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know we are aware of this issue and have been working on a fix, which we hope to roll out soon. We'll have more details later today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I can't figure out is how all this happened. There were a few bugs after u35 but not of this scale and almost every class was adjusted. From what I recall dk wasn't touched and cyro had a minor adjustment with emperor, how did this turn into crashes and massive game breaking bugs..?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i see no problems. maybe ill actually play dk.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know we are aware of this issue and have been working on a fix, which we hope to roll out soon. We'll have more details later today.

Thank you!
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Standart was fixed this update" - if we believe the patch notes.

I did not check it - how do it work now ? )) What is a bug ?

The same time HA players lose on HA 1 from 4 hits with no trace in patch notes in U35 (so we lose 25%of ha damage from our HA sets).

We do not get any answer.

May be our HA hit was added to new standart ultimate ?

I just try to find it last updates ;) If it disappeared it have to appear some where ;) Hahaha )
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 2, 2022 2:32PM
  • Neelanna48
    Neelanna48
    ✭✭✭
    Every update they break more of the game than they fix, its a sad reflection on what used to be a good game
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable that there are so many who like this type of broken mechanism. There have been multiple broken mechanics that are often fully exploited till the ban hammer comes down. Not knowing it is an exploit is the most pathetic excuse ever.

Worry not. Seems like punishment is soon approaching:

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion, players shouldn't be punished for playing the game that is provided. There is something to be said for the quality control and testing that is clearly lacking, which is out of the players control.
    If there are indeed "game breaking" bugs, the fault lies solely with those who allowed the product to hit the shelves.
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    Unpopular opinion, players shouldn't be punished for playing the game that is provided. There is something to be said for the quality control and testing that is clearly lacking, which is out of the players control.
    If there are indeed "game breaking" bugs, the fault lies solely with those who allowed the product to hit the shelves.

I agreed with your opinion.
    Edited by blue_peaceful_Manticore on November 2, 2022 3:02PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They’re not punished for playing the game provided. They’re punished for violating the Code of Conduct, which requires players to report exploits and not to take advantage of them. All players have explicitly agreed to do so as a condition of being permitted to play the game. Bugs don’t give players a free pass to ignore that agreement. (And players also agreed to stop playing if they no longer agree to the ToS/CoC.)
    Edited by virtus753 on November 2, 2022 3:05PM
  • Eclipse318
    Eclipse318
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm nervous... I stumbled on this discussion this morning and have been happily playing my DK this whole time, having no idea there was a bug/exploit. He's my main that I use for 90% of all game play... I swear if I have to redo his CP yet again, or he gets broken by whatever this fix is, or worst case scenario he gets taken away or I'm punished for playing my main, I'm going to lose my mind.
    Edited by Eclipse318 on November 2, 2022 3:09PM
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously any team that goes out and clears trifecta or any content with this bug won't only be laughed at by the entire end game community. They will also receive roll back on characters as well as suspensions depending on the severity that they are exploiting . From my experience the people that choose fancy around tend to find out. Let's just say I have a few old pvp players on my friends list that didn't log in for 39 months for experimenting with a very similar exploit.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, i hope that people who abused this bug deliberatly will get their wrongfully gained achievements removed and a 4 week ban on top of that. Otherwise i see no point of calling it "achievements" anymore.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing to really explain, using the class as intended, OP just mentioned the obvious that stacking them for trials is broken right now.

• SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, i hope that people who abused this bug deliberatly will get their wrongfully gained achievements removed and a 4 week ban on top of that. Otherwise i see no point of calling it "achievements" anymore.

With balance change I do not see any cost in achivments for last 3 years.

If skills/build/DPS on character you path content will not even exist in some patch, what is a cost of such achievement.

Game situation change to much and to often, to make achivments cost anything.

The same time - some dunguans get nerfs.

A lot of players do not already care.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 2, 2022 3:26PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that, if this wasn't quietly fixed in today's hotfix, there should be some kind of official acknowledgement and guideline because as you point out, it is very likely that it will happen to people while playing normally, regardless of whether they are aware or not; extreme outliers would have to be actively pursued but small to moderate boosts to dps, one would have to play the class in a very unusual manner for this not to occur 'naturally'.

If ZOS hasn't said it's an exploit then why would people expect consequences? If they said, "Stop playing your DKs or you will be sanctioned" then it would clearly be actionable. But how can they punish you for playing the same way you have every day since the beginning?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭

what are you going to do about the hundreds of players who knowingly used this unavoidable exploit to get dozens of godslayers, dawbringers, planesbreakers, and swashbucklers last night and all day today?
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine the poor prog team that's been working for weeks on HM or trifecta then they legitimately beat it on Nov 1. Their achievements will forever be viewed as sus whenever they link them.
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭
    Eclipse318 wrote: »
    Now I'm nervous... I stumbled on this discussion this morning and have been happily playing my DK this whole time, having no idea there was a bug/exploit. He's my main that I use for 90% of all game play... I swear if I have to redo his CP yet again, or he gets broken by whatever this fix is, or worst case scenario he gets taken away or I'm punished for playing my main, I'm going to lose my mind.

if you log in and play your dk they wont do anything, they wont ban 20% of their playerbase

but if you were in the 0.1% of dk players on a trifecta team that is not dying a lot, and all 8 dps log in on dk's and grind out a bunch of achievements really fast last night and today, youre probably screwed
  • a_Beautiful_Mind2
    a_Beautiful_Mind2
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can the team give at least some direction on whether players who play this class prior to the patch and continue to play this patch if they will be banned for using a class not intentionally trying to exploit as in the past ban's were handed out to players who were accused of using the exploit even though they were not intentionally and just want to play the game? This is a huge concern for raid groups that arent trying to use the damage exploit and are just trying to play the game? What actions are being taken by ZoS (since this bug was reported in PTS and still went live) to ensure players are safeguarded from being banned by no fault of their own other than choosing to play the game on a character that currently has a bug that others are actively choosing to exploit?
    ~Healers Matter Too~
  • Matherios
    Matherios
    ✭✭✭
    Csleia wrote: »

what are you going to do about the hundreds of players who knowingly used this unavoidable exploit to get dozens of godslayers, dawbringers, planesbreakers, and swashbucklers last night and all day today?

Who did all those lol
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭
    Matherios wrote: »
    Csleia wrote: »

Who did all those lol

idk, but if you cant get a trifecta with this bug then thats even more sad
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fiance' and I have just stopped playing our DK's until we know this is fixed ....
    I'd hate to get a ban for just playing normal PvE because of a programming glitch.

Auldwulfe