The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MASSIVE BUG/EXPLOIT Why havent you shut the servers down?

eovogtb16_ESO
eovogtb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a huge damage problem/exploit that is actually game breaking going on right now that needs to be addressed. The servers or trials need to be shut down until its fixed.
If you have a team with 12 DK's your team will be practically invulnerable, you probably dont even need a tank. With only 5 dks in my group last night I was able to tank bahsei hardmode hits in LIGHT ARMOR with ~10k resists where they would instantly kill me previously.

DPS have also tanked xalvakka HM, due to this bug.

You can get every trifecta in the game right now just stack it with DKs and standards. As long as you can survive the crashes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_MattFiror
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 13, 2022 6:25PM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a huge damage problem/exploit that is actually game breaking going on right now that needs to be addressed. The servers or trials need to be shut down until its fixed.

So PC? New patch? All games including consoles?

Maybe just a bit more detail would be helpful.

PS5/NA
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So PC? New patch? All games including consoles?

Maybe just a bit more detail would be helpful.

It’s pc from the new patch. It’s really bad. I’m very much hoping its fixed with the hotfix.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In content or with the dummy. Because there is a known "parse" bug for dks where they can do 400k or something but in numbers only. Supposedly if you display out going damage you can see the actual numbers in real time.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on November 2, 2022 4:46AM
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not numbers - you can kill oax hm in 1-2 mins, bahsei hm in a 1-3 mins and xalvakka hm in ~3-4 minutes, hardmode. Just rockgrove hardmode for an example.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on November 2, 2022 4:56AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not numbers - you can kill oax hm in less than a few mins, bahsei in a minuteish and xalvakka in 2 minutes, hardmode. Just rockgrove for an example.

What, did they nerf boss health another 10%?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffs keep stacking and dont drop on dragonknights so damage potential has no limit.
  • Inquisitor_Wind
    Inquisitor_Wind
    ✭✭✭
    Seen many groups that poped up overnight where everyone was DK and got their first HM and trifectas doing 270k+ dps from each DK.
    It's pretty sad.

Edited by Inquisitor_Wind on November 2, 2022 2:27PM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso youtubers insist this only on parse dummies.

I wanna say, I cant say for certain, but I wont because speculating is against the forum rules now, how am I going to say this.

Better not I guess, because that would be speculating, which is against this forums, fml.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jtm1018 this is where bureaucratic corporate speak can help:

“I anticipate….”

“It may be possible…..”

“Current projections point to….”

“Early estimates suggest that….”

This one may or may not have written in jest :D
    Edited by SammyKhajit on November 2, 2022 7:19AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jtm1018 this is where bureaucratic corporate speak can help:

“I anticipate….”

“It may be possible…..”

“Current projections point to….”

“Early estimates suggest that….”

This one may or may not have written in jest :D

I would like to guess that you were jesting, but that would be me speculating which is against forum rules, so I will not guess, for the record, I am not speculating anything.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize players abusing bugs to their advantage risk their entire accounts to be perma banned. Especially repeat offenders. Abusing bugs like these is a huge risk, I wouldn't advise ever doing something like this.

Be very careful!
  • bluekaramelz
    bluekaramelz
    Soul Shriven
    Why are you using a screenshot of a former prog group and tell that people are getting trifectas and first time HM clears?
    I mean, yes, there is a chance that there are groups getting their first HM clears for specific content. But trifectas need way more than a bugged ultimate. And quick heads up: As far as I know, that specific group stopped raiding afterwards as they did not want to risk a ban.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To show that there is actual problem in game.
    Kudos to the raiding group for stopping their raiding because of this bug.
    That screenshot is to show proof that there is a bug in game that should be address immediately.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World's first solo plansbreaker!! Let's goooo 🤣
  • Matherios
    Matherios
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Any news about this? I wouldn't like to cancel raids just in case the bug is still there and i am not gonna ask people to change their classes for the raid till it's fixed.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno Are we going to be banned for playing the game or should we just uninstall for the next month in order to be safe?

I have raid teams who generally play every day, if this is going to get us banned for playing the game we pay for there isn't a point in us playing.

What happens if we play and get every trifecta in the game right now will we be banned?

Can you please let us know what is happening? Thank you.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on November 2, 2022 10:47AM
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

This is constructive.....
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've got upcoming raids where our group predominantly has the class responsible for this damage boost (it doesn't just apply to the target dummy). As others have asked, are we going to be banned simply for playing the class how we've played it for the last 2+ years or is there going to be some form of address to this?

No one in end game is going to take clears seriously during this period of time, but there are, sadly, some people out there deliberately pushing for Swashbuckler Supreme and other trifectas while this extreme damage boost exploit exists.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This *** is still not fixed.

This is actually ridiculous. You should shut the servers down and you roll them back until you can get this stuff figured out.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on November 2, 2022 11:23AM
  • Matherios
    Matherios
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Apparently there is a bug with stampede where the initial hit doesn't always crit , when you roll dodge you drop block.
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    They did say they wanted to increase accessibility :D
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matherios wrote: »
    when you roll dodge you drop block.
    Block in general is extremely janky with this update, including with sprinting and channelled abilities.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a team with 12 DK's your team will be practically invulnerable, you probably dont even need a tank. With only 5 dks in my group last night I was able to tank bahsei hardmode hits in LIGHT ARMOR where they would instantly kill me previously.

DPS have also tanked xalvakka HM, due to this bug.

You can get every trifecta in the game right now just stack it with DKs. As long as you can survive the crashes.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on November 2, 2022 12:23PM
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that we had to have a, well I'll not call it a debate, but a discussion prior to our initial pull in vDSR HM prog group on the pros and cons of potentially everyone getting banned and how this has completely broken the content all the while silence from Zenimax is pretty telling. You guys saw that this was a bug on PTS, and didn't do a damn thing about it. Seriously get your stuff together, as this looks hilariously bad for you guys, and that is saying something considering your prior history.

Don't worry, we had half our group crash 3 times back to back before we even left the boat after we reset the instance and people changed toons or reskilled their DK's and then disbanded.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soloed a few trials last night it was a blast. (sarcasm folks).
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen many groups that poped up overnight where everyone was DK and got their first HM and trifectas doing 270k+ dps from each DK.
    It's pretty sad.

Edit - Seems the damage is back to normal after day 2 Maint.

It is not fixed.
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    DKs are so broken that there is no way to avoid this bug if you play DK at all. My group did vDOM HM on DKs to see what all the fuss was about. Using standard just almost immediately tripled our normal dps numbers.

We decided to simply stop using the DK ultimate halfway through. Our damage numbers did go back to what we normally see. But my DK took almost no damage from any of the mechanics.

This is such a serious bug that I'm surprised there isn't a lot more discussion about this on the forums.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least with the DK buff you can clear content that the new block bug made more difficult.
    • Casual PVE player PC/NA
    • Tank CP2400 'Sugar-Flame'
    • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, and looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
    • I make music: http://www.moonghostband.com.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought mentioning a bug exploit and explaining it in enough detail for players to go duplicate it was seriously frowned upon, as in, considered ban-worthy bad?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...I'm guessing in a few days maybe the devs will make a post and some DKs ingame will mysteriously disappear/take a vacation?

Either way, I suspect a drop in DK players soon...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."