The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

If ZoS is nerfing Backlash copied damage, one of the other recent DD nerfs should be reverted

taugrim
taugrim
✭✭✭✭✭
So based on U36 PTS, the combined effects of the U35 and U36 changes:
* Puncturing Strikes damage nerfed
* Burning Light damage nerfed, proc rate halved
* Backlash copied damage nerfed

Those are significant nerfs to 3 core skills for Templar.

I can buy the argument that lowering Puncturing Strikes damage was balanced by the shorter cast which makes light attack weaving easier.
I can buy the argument that unhinging Burning Light from its Aedric Spear dependency was a good change for build diversity, and that introducing a 2-sec cooldown was reasonable.
I can buy the argument that Backlash should be active on only 1 target at a time.

However:
ZoS also nerfed the damage of Burning Light
ZoS is also nerfing the copied damage of Backlash

This is a ton of nerfs in a short period of time. It's not like it's warranted. The class is not over-performing.

ZoS's change on the U36 PTS to nerf the copied damage of Backlash is very significant. For me, it will be a 22.7% nerf.

I could buy for a dollar the argument that Backlash does too much burst. But if that's toned down, it's only fair to increase the sustained damage, e.g. revert the damage decrease on Burning Light.

You can't both tone down sustained damage and burst damage without impacting a class's viability.

My personal preference, if ZoS insists on pushing the Backlash copied damage nerf live, would be to revert the damage nerf on Burning Light.
Edited by taugrim on September 22, 2022 11:13PM
PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
  • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
  • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snare on jabs is hot garbage and super unreliable atm now too, making it hard to pressure with jabs (on top of the nerfed dmg). Posted this in another thread, but I'll copy paste here
    • The final damage deals approximately 10% more damage than the initial hit at base and increases up to an additional 200% to reach similar values of power seen before.
    • The final damage now takes more overall damage to reach, to make the payout less reliably reached in PvP scenarios.

Live
    mgWWmNs.png

PTS
    ded7jFG.png

Live damage cap: 27945
    PTS damage cap: 6996*3= 20988
    Difference in damage cap: 6957
    Percentage decrease in damage cap: 6957/27945= 24.9%

In what world does a 24.9% decrease to an ability's most integral feature "reach similar values of power seen before?" Not only that, but it's going to require more damage/effort to reach the damage cap ON TOP of that significant damage nerf?
    On a class that just got nerfed in terms of Jabs' damage and functionality (including the snare)? Burning Light nerfed by around 33% damage while also essentially halving how frequently it can proc? Am I getting this all right, or am I mistaken? Because this doesn't make any sense to me. What kind of design decision is this? This absolutely needs to be re-evaluated. If you're going to make the damage cap harder to reach, then don't nerf the damage cap. As far as I'm concerned, this is just raising the skill floor for the ability while lowering the burst potential and making it harder to reach when it seems like the intention of the developers was to have it perform similarly to how it historically has on the high end with a little extra added difficulty/effort. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Edited by Yiko on September 23, 2022 8:21AM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They'll nerf jesus beam next too, just wait.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget Ritual, which explicitly violates their own standards for static ground DoTs and has done for two months now without acknowledgment or explanation.
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone on PTS confirm what the new scaling to the max damage is like? If it's 2:1 on live, is it like ~3:1 on PTS?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »
    Can anyone on PTS confirm what the new scaling to the max damage is like? If it's 2:1 on live, is it like ~3:1 on PTS?

Edit: Do you mean how much damage it takes? Like what the conversion is like?

I'm not sure, but I'm curious and will test when I can.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 27, 2022 7:18PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, basically how much damage it takes to reach the damage cap on the 2nd hit’s tooltip * 3 to determine the new conversion ratio
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, basically how much damage it takes to reach the damage cap on the 2nd hit’s tooltip * 3 to determine the new conversion ratio

Tested on the 6m target dummy based on damage dealt, not tooltips.
    Final without Bonus = 3014
    Final with Bonus = 3346
    Multiplier = 11%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 2816
    Dmg Bonus = 332
    Dmg Conversion Rate = 11.79%

Final with Bonus = 3104
    Multiplier = 3%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 1657
    Dmg Bonus = 90
    Dmg Conversion Rate = 5.4%

Final with Bonus = 3224
    Multiplier = 6.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 3314
    Dmg Bonus = 210
    Dmg Conversion Rate = 6.3%

Final with Bonus = 4799
    Multiplier = 59.2%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 21041
    Dmg Bonus = 1785
    Dmg Conversion Rate = 11.787%

Final with Bonus = 6810
    Multiplier = 125.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 46588
    Dmg Bonus = 3796
    Dmg Conversion Rate = 8.14%

Final without Bonus = 4084
    Final with Bonus = 11838
    Multiplier = 189.8%
    Dmg Dealt = 90888
    Dmg Bonus = 7754
    Dmg Conversion Rate = 11.72%

TLDR: Results varied, especially with only 1 or 2 attacks at the low end. Probably due to the math behind the scenes rounding to whole numbers. Seems to average around 8-12% of damage taken with more consistent damage tests. Results show 11.8% popping up more than once, out of the 6 tests, it came up 3 times. I feel like that counts for something and may indicate it's around 12%.

Example based on 14-25% nerf, new 12% conversion and 200% multiplier.

Someone with a 20k tooltip on live, may see that reduced to about 17k.
    17k/3 = 5667 damage guaranteed. Remaining 11333 Damage obtained through the 200% multiplier.
    11333/1.12 = 94.4k damage required to cap out the 200% multiplier.

That same person with 20k on live, would be required to deal 40k damage to cap it at the 50% rate.

So their statement stands true, pve won't really be effected because 94k damage across 6s is easy to do when we're capable of doing 120k dps now. For pvp... big difference.

Obviously, these are my tests and shouldn't be taken as fact, I could of not accounted for something thats giving me weird results, but my theory is it's now 12% instead of 50%. At minimum it's around 10%.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 27, 2022 9:56PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Final with Bonus = 3346
    Multiplier = 11%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 2816
    Dmg Bonus = 332

Final with Bonus = 3104
    Multiplier = 3%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 1657
    Dmg Bonus = 90

Final with Bonus = 3224
    Multiplier = 6.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 3314
    Dmg Bonus = 210

Final with Bonus = 4799
    Multiplier = 59.2%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 21041
    Dmg Bonus = 1785

Final with Bonus = 6810
    Multiplier = 125.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 46588
    Dmg Bonus = 3796

Final with Bonus = 11838
    Multiplier = 189.8%
    Dmg Dealt = 90888
    Dmg Bonus = 7754

TLDR: Results varied, especially with only 1 or 2 attacks at the low end. Probably due to the math behind the scenes rounding to whole numbers. Seems to average around 8-12% of damage taken with more consistent damage tests. Results show 11.8% popping up more than once, out of the 6 tests, it came up 3 times. I feel like that counts for something and may indicate it's around 12%.

17k/3 = 5667 damage guaranteed. Remaining 11333 Damage obtained through the 200% multiplier.

That same person with 20k on live, would be required to deal 40k damage to cap it at the 50% rate.

So their statement stands true, pve won't really be effected because 94k damage across 6s is easy to do when we're capable of doing 120k dps now. For pvp... big difference.

Obviously, these are my tests and shouldn't be taken as fact, I could of not accounted for something thats giving me weird results, but my theory is it's now 12% instead of 50%. At minimum it's around 10%.

What the hell is this combat team doing
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Final with Bonus = 3346
    Multiplier = 11%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 2816
    Dmg Bonus = 332

Final with Bonus = 3104
    Multiplier = 3%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 1657
    Dmg Bonus = 90

Final with Bonus = 3224
    Multiplier = 6.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 3314
    Dmg Bonus = 210

Final with Bonus = 4799
    Multiplier = 59.2%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 21041
    Dmg Bonus = 1785

Final with Bonus = 6810
    Multiplier = 125.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 46588
    Dmg Bonus = 3796

Final with Bonus = 11838
    Multiplier = 189.8%
    Dmg Dealt = 90888
    Dmg Bonus = 7754

Great testing.
    As for the reasoning behind this...wth?
    I'd rather we just get a 6 second version of curse. Sheesh.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Final with Bonus = 3346
    Multiplier = 11%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 2816
    Dmg Bonus = 332

Final with Bonus = 3104
    Multiplier = 3%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 1657
    Dmg Bonus = 90

Final with Bonus = 3224
    Multiplier = 6.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 3314
    Dmg Bonus = 210

Final with Bonus = 4799
    Multiplier = 59.2%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 21041
    Dmg Bonus = 1785

Final with Bonus = 6810
    Multiplier = 125.9%/200%
    Dmg Dealt = 46588
    Dmg Bonus = 3796

Final with Bonus = 11838
    Multiplier = 189.8%
    Dmg Dealt = 90888
    Dmg Bonus = 7754

Great testing.
    As for the reasoning behind this...wth?
    I'd rather we just get a 6 second version of curse. Sheesh.

Begs the question why we need to guess to begin with.. how about just including the value in the tooltip, at minimum, the patch notes. It's the 10% nerf to boss health all over again from U35. I'm hoping they just goofed some numbers because their statements seemed to intend on keeping the status quo close to the same. I wouldn't think a double nerf is the same.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Begs the question why we need to guess to begin with.. how about just including the value in the tooltip, at minimum, the patch notes. It's the 10% nerf to boss health all over again from U35. I'm hoping they just goofed some numbers because their statements seemed to intend on keeping the status quo close to the same. I wouldn't think a double nerf is the same.

That's what I was also wondering. Why not just include the change in the % of the damage converted, especially if it's that drastic. The fact that it might take 4-5x more damage in PVP to build up a full Backlash (full being nerfed by 25% for me on PTS) is absolutely outrageous. It's already difficult to fill it up on live over 6 seconds. This change will absolutely kill Backlash in PVP if the conversion percentage is that low. It's sheer insanity to me
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should also keep in mind that if it isn’t worth running this skill in PvE, stamina templar will lose the very last bit of group utility they still have. None of the other skills from this line are worth it, and Minor Sorcery is already not even desirable per se when Minor Brutality accomplishes the same thing from a class that has much more to offer to a group in general (just have everyone run weapon damage glyphs now that everything’s hybridized). Stamina templar already brings nothing for those who run weapon damage glyphs, or if there’s a templar healer or tank running a Dawn’s Wrath skill. We don’t do competitive damage - in the sense that it is a dps loss to run this class when most other classes do more damage with comparable parses - and we have next to no group utility. Who would want one in group when there are far better options for damage and utility? If I can hit 120 on a stamplar, I am still actively hurting my group for running it when I could be doing more damage and providing more to my group on any other class.

Refusing to fix Ritual, ignoring other overnerfs, and continuing to make the class underperform other classes in terms of raw damage while undermining group utility even further is resulting in a class that is distinctly unfun to play and noticeably unwanted in group content. There is a reason stamina templar is the second least-played class in the most recent trial.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    ZOS should also keep in mind that if it isn’t worth running this skill in PvE, stamina templar will lose the very last bit of group utility they still have. None of the other skills from this line are worth it, and Minor Sorcery is already not even desirable per se when Minor Brutality accomplishes the same thing from a class that has much more to offer to a group in general (just have everyone run weapon damage glyphs now that everything’s hybridized).

When you say "PvE", you are referring to well organized, Trials groups, right? I'm not saying your explanation is wrong and I don't mean to be pedantic, but there's a lot more to "PvE" than just optimized Trials groups. For instance, 4 man PUG dungeons, I would say, make up a much larger fraction of the "PvE" player experience.

The reason I think this is important is because PUG dungeon runs and solo play cannot optimize around having a DK for Minor Brutality. In that case, Minor Sorcery is still optimal for Templars, so a Dawn's Wrath ability is still preferred. Personally, I would love to see Solar Barrage fixed since Empower is basically a dead buff now, but I think the Minor Breach from Power of the Light is pretty good. Granted it's probably redundant if the tank is running Pierce Armor, but some PUG tanks just run Inner Fire + Caltrops

I main Templar and have several builds depending on the content I am running (trial, dungeon, solo). For solo play and dungeon running, I always build "selfishly", meaning I always build with the expectation that I can only count on the buffs I provide with no expectation on other players buffs. For instance, I run Spell Damage Glyphs on my Jewelry and make sure I run a Dawn's Wrath ability for the Illuminate passive proc. I agree that the utility of having a DK is good and getting Minor Brutality from them would save a slot, but unless you are in a really coordinated group, you can't rely on that.
    Stamina templar already brings nothing for those who run weapon damage glyphs, or if there’s a templar healer or tank running a Dawn’s Wrath skill. We don’t do competitive damage - in the sense that it is a dps loss to run this class when most other classes do more damage with comparable parses - and we have next to no group utility. Who would want one in group when there are far better options for damage and utility? If I can hit 120 on a stamplar, I am still actively hurting my group for running it when I could be doing more damage and providing more to my group on any other class.

I think recent changes to Templar have been incorporating the AOE strength of Templar (Ritual/Jabs). Templar parses way lower than other classes because Jab's strength is in trash clearing and multi-target hits. If the boss is alone, with no ads, then Templar is almost always the worst. ZOS has been recognizing this strength and nerfing Templar (unjustly IMO) accordingly, while buffing single target abilities like Sun Fire. I do think this means that Templar has a "hidden" strength that dummy parsing just cannot show. Try placing two 6mil dummies next to the Trial dummy and see how good Templar can get. Unfortunately, this isn't applicable to all fights.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I say PvE, I mean PvE. To be honest, though, now that you mention it, many of the same things can be said about PvP.

Minor Sorcery is the only unique buff brought to any group by templar. My point above is that it is no longer irreplaceable because hybridization means a DK brings the same utility, just in a different way. Even if Minor Sorcery were still truly unique (in that Minor Brutality could not replace it), once a single templar on any role brings it, other templars immediately become redundant. Magicka templar hits harder than stamina templar, meaning they will be preferred in optimized groups to stamplar and will be more popular more broadly among those who want to maximize their damage on a particular class, whether solo or group-oriented, not just at the endgame levels for which we have actual data (see ESO Logs).

Speaking of PvE more widely, templars also make solid enough tanks and healers (although in these roles too in highly optimized content they do not compete with the group utility offered by other classes) - and, more importantly, they are especially friendly to players new to those roles. (Isobel being a templar sword-and-board by default with passives that lend themselves to tanking also helps suggest the idea of tankplar to players who have her or see her.) That means they’re not unlikely to show up in pugs, where they can easily make a stamina templar’s Minor Sorcery redundant. So if a group of any size or optimization has a tankplar, healplar, or magplar, stamina templar is redundant. We simply don’t have anything else to offer that another class will not do better, with the possible exception of clearing trash (if that can be said to be something sufficiently desirable in a game where non-elite mobs are labeled “trash” for a reason - being the best at taking it out hardly has enviable connotations). Having the single best class spammable for applying Plaguebreak (the generic Shrouded Daggers is arguably better) should not be a class’s claim to fame. Especially when other classes can run that set or Azureblight with similar results. (I have seen that myself on fights like the tavern and Bow Breaker in vDSR.) Being marginally better suited to being carried by a set is not my idea of class identity or utility.

Moreover, each of those three other specs - tankplar, healplar, magplar - is more likely to be more useful to the group than a stamplar, who suffers for being a class that is much better aligned in general with magicka and spell damage. Keep in mind that up until now (and until next patch goes live), running Spell Damage on a stamina templar has severely hindered Power of the Light, so those of us not lucky enough to have DKs for partners have had to choose between building to take advantage of our own class buff or giving up a stam class skill, of which there are very few at all and this is the only one indisputably worth slotting right now (Jabs is situational). That is a huge problem for class identity for stamina templar. Hybridizing the skill but nerfing it merely shifts rather than solves that problem, since it further reduces the power that comes from class stam skills. Stamplars need a lot more of that, not a lot less. A lot of the class power budget was shifted from the few class stam skills into mag skills (Blazing Spear, Radiant Oppression) with Update 35. The result is that playing stamplar right now is literally choosing to hinder ourselves and our groups - optimized or not - by not speccing into magicka, when doing so would allow us to cast more of the magicka class skills that have gained from the few buffs thrown our way. That is not an acceptable state of class identity.

As for Minor Breach, it is not only provided by the obvious choice of morph for the only melee taunt in game but also by literally any physical damage. Sure, it’s only a chance to proc on physical damage, but with so many people running some source of that (everyone being able to bash if nothing else), it is very likely that even a completely unoptimized pug - yes, even with a tank not running the very first skill in the most obvious tanking skill line - will see very high uptimes on it. That is by design. ZOS made that change so that groups of all levels and sizes and - most importantly - compositions would have access to it. They wanted every group to have it, which inextricably meant making it no longer exclusive to templar. I was actually very happy that so many more groups gained widespread access to Minor Breach - I think it was a great change for the game and one of the cases where they managed to raise the floor without raising the ceiling just as much - but it is undisputable that distributing that debuff so widely without giving templars something else detracted from templar class utility in groups of any size or optimization level. No one brings a stamplar for Minor Breach when they’re getting that from the tank, from bash, from basic attacks from all weapons - including werewolf claws - except staves, or from any of the more than 40 skills that do physical damage. It is not a surprise to me that UESP calls physical damage the most common type of damage in game. And now Minor Breach - formerly a reason to bring a stamina templar - is just as common. Why was the class utility that came with that buff never restored? It is especially important as hybridization continues that classes remain not only viable but wanted. When the magicka spec of a class so far outshines the stam one, when the stam dps spec is completely redundant if any other form of that class is present, when class stam skills are getting shafted in favor of class mag skills - that leaves that stam spec in a particularly bad place. I would say the same for any class, but stamplar is the one I happen to play.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor Sorcery is the only unique buff brought to any group by templar. My point above is that it is no longer irreplaceable because hybridization means a DK brings the same utility, just in a different way. Even if Minor Sorcery were still truly unique (in that Minor Brutality could not replace it), once a single templar on any role brings it, other templars immediately become redundant.

That means they’re not unlikely to show up in pugs, where they can easily make a stamina templar’s Minor Sorcery redundant. So if a group of any size or optimization has a tankplar, healplar, or magplar, stamina templar is redundant.

I mean, couldn't you say the same about DK and Minor Brutality though? More than one becomes redundant. Having DK Tanks and DK DPS only serves to increase the uptime on Minor Brutality, same for redundant Templars. This is why I think the most optimal is for Templar to build with THEIR Minor Sorcery passive in mind, even as Stamplar.

Consider the scenario where a PUG is formed with all 4 roles being Templar. If one DPS is Stamplar with Weapon Damage Glyphs, then they won't see the benefit from Illuminate Minor Sorcery buff that everyone is handing out. They might be built the "most optimally" according to running coordinated Trials, where DK is common and Minor Brutality has a high uptime, but here they see no benefit. Now, you can say that all these Templars would be redundantly giving Minor Sorcery, but if they ALL built to EXPECT their own Illuminate proc to begin with, then they will all benefit and don't need a DK to provide Minor Brutality. You could also say that 4 Templars is an absurd scenario, but I'm just saying that the scenario where there ISN'T a DK to provide Minor Brutality, in a 4 man PUG, is much more common.

TLDR; IMO, all DPS TEMPLAR should run spell damage glyphs by default. 95% of the time, a class should build ONLY expecting their own class specific buffs. For the other 5% of the time, where the group is highly coordinated, then sure, run different jewelry. solo and PUG is too common though for most players.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    I mean, couldn't you say the same about DK and Minor Brutality though? More than one becomes redundant. Having DK Tanks and DK DPS only serves to increase the uptime on Minor Brutality, same for redundant Templars.
    It's not a fair comparison because Templars have no group utilities that aren't already covered by other classes or weapons. A DK can use Igneous Weapons to give the whole group major buffs that are normally sourced in-class or through potions. DK can give the whole group a damage shield that doesn't take up an ultimate slot or rely on synergy like Bone Shield. DK can cause everyone's attacks to deal more damage by stacking Stone Giant. DK can make other magDKs in the group disproportionately stronger than any other class with Engulfing Flames and Encratis. DK is the only class that gets stronger the more of them you manage to stack in one group. StamDK along with stamNB and stamCro are also the only classes that benefit from group sets like Morag Tong. There's a good reason why DKs are topping the leaderboards.

Meanwhile Templars have:
    Radian Aura that gives the group Minor Endurance, Minor Fortitude, and Minor Intellect - this is made obsolete by Refreshing Path which has the same buffs + Major Expedition and a solid HoT.
    Hasty Prayer - expensive heal which grants Minor Expedition. Completely outclassed by Quick Siphon, especially when Siphon is used with the Vateshran staff.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about take away breath of life and give us everything back we have to be the most nerfed trash class and we always find a new build. We are about to be a budget magsorc and magsorc a are trash
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerfing backlash even for pvp makes no sense to be honest.
    The skill can hit hard, yes, but it forces the casting templar to stay offensive.
    Wardens can stay defensive for 90% of a fight and use shalks to bust out solid burst the remaining 10.
    Templars cant do that.
    The entire class is built around this offensive mindset, and the best counter to us is to force us to stay on the defense.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being main templar for 2 years in PVP. U 35 almost killed me, but this, this is it
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    I barely play templar and not gonna lie the problem was backlash being op for dueling. But all the other damage nerfs to it wasnt necessary and actually fun to play in cyro. Nerf backlash and revert the nerfs to jabs etc. So that it doenst become a dead class.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So first. My pve perspective. I could hardly sustain purifying light as it was, and only recieved a 4k dps increase for STARVING with magic. I only pull 70k anyway so it's not a huge difference. But now that's gonna be lower? Yeah I'll stick to a different skill.

For PvP, it forces magplar to stay offensive which is a huge downside. Turn and burn on a magplar has always been the most ridiculously hard thing for us to do.

Meanwhile classes like DK all they have to do is hit two skills on cooldown while their dots tick down on ur health, flip to damage bar while ur half health and boom, DK leap, massive damage and stun, 7k whip and ur done.

Magplar used to have an answer to this. It was an awesome ability that only half the magplar playerbase used, it was called total dark. Pop it on an enemy and go ham. Watch them absolutely freak. Even the best players if you waited to get them to about 50% health before you hit it they would drop dead. I remember 10k hits off of it in cyrodiil. Plus about equal healing.

That skill made templar feel like it should. Punishing you for hitting them. This new 2k heal BS they have now is garbage
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since they took the ability away to have more then one at a time, they could at least let the damage now be a AOE.

Sorcerer Curse is a AOE explosion Warden Scorch is AOE, Dragonknight inhale is AOE, Necromancer blastbones is AOE, Nigthblade Death Stroke is single target but both morphs have some pretty nice effects compare to Templar Backlash skill and its morphs.

Stay safe :)
  • UnassumingNoob
    UnassumingNoob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Templar dps is just crap all the way around now.