Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Mara's balm "fix" does nothing at all to address the issue with this set

• Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] Didnt use plaguebreak, dark convergence or oakensoul and on consolle so havent still havent tried nocturnal or mara’s but but i adapt. And those sounds fun and make pvp more intresting and make more playstyles work. And its not like those sets are op, its the other the other sets are nerfd to death by all the complaining and crying here. And remember that the forum here and reddit is just a small part of the community on this game so what you think the game needs is not equal what the majority wants(not saying that i know what they wants), but since those sets are some of the most popular used in pvp it seems like people enjoys them.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 10, 2022 6:22PM
    Options
  • nejcn001
    nejcn001
    ✭✭✭
    Mara's heal needs a cooldown or tone down number conditions to proc heal from.
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree as I think we have way too many sets. I'm all for nerfing it to near uselessness and getting back to U34's higher damage, higher death count PvP.

Can we get u34 Oakensoul back then too?
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to rise store prices to original values, mara's ain't going nowhere.
    Options
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Didnt use plaguebreak, dark convergence or oakensoul and on consolle so havent still havent tried nocturnal or mara’s but but i adapt. And those sounds fun and make pvp more intresting and make more playstyles work. And its not like those sets are op, its the other the other sets are nerfd to death by all the complaining and crying here. And remember that the forum here and reddit is just a small part of the community on this game so what you think the game needs is not equal what the majority wants(not saying that i know what they wants), but since those sets are some of the most popular used in pvp it seems like people enjoys them.

Some people think it's fun to use immortality cheat codes too.
    And that's fine, solo. The problem is that it's isn't something thats fun to play against and in an MMO, immortality sets or sets that are unbalanced don't have a place.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 10, 2022 6:24PM
    Options
  • QuintusVaLari
    QuintusVaLari
    ✭✭✭

My dude, you were whining about templar changes a week ago. We are commenting because this set is truly broken and severely damaging the gameplay of PvP. Maybe a set that can enable someone to tank 50+ players is not balanced and bringing that up isn't whining but... observation and criticism.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 10, 2022 6:25PM
    QuintusVa'Lari
    Former Emperor Sorc Werewolf
    Legendary Squirrel Chaser
    Bringer of Baps

Quintessential Gaming YouTube
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    We've just been informed that the "fix" for mara's balm, which has released on console and will release tomorrow on PC, is that the tooltip value has been halved down to 951 base. This means that in PVP it will proc for about 500 BASE healing (this scales up with every healing modifier you can think of in the game) on every instance of the proc, and when the purge procs every effect it removes will heal you for a base 500HP.

The issue with Mara's balm was/is not the value of the heal. It is the fact that the set does not have a cooldown. This has been illustrated numerous times by many experienced players. Without adding a 1 second cooldown to the heal portion MINIMUM, the set will continue to be absurdly broken.

In addition to the lack of a cooldown, the proc condition itself is misunderstood by many people. While it states "Whenever a negative effect is removed from you", it actually also includes negative effects being re-applied, expiring, or failing to be applied to you. Some examples:
    • When a status effect is re-applied before expiring, it procs the heal.
    • When two or more players are applying the same effect and overwriting eachother, it will proc the heal on every instance of this.
    • When a set like night mothers gaze refreshes on instances of crit damage before it expires, every refresh will proc the heal.
    • When a player is snared by something like the 70% snare from eruption, every attempt to apply a lesser snare to the player will proc the heal as eruption overwrites and "removes" those snares
    • When a blockable stun is cast on a player who is blocking, the failure of the ability to stun the player will proc the heal as the "stun state" is removed from the player.
    • When abilities like caltrops, eruption, or jabs re-apply their snares, the heal will proc on every re-application.
    • When a player breaks free or uses a snare immunity, it will proc the heal.
    • When ANY negative effect you can possible think of expires, it will proc the heal.

I hope this help to illustrate how many instances of the heal you can potentially have EVERY SINGLE SECOND from this set. But if that isn't enough, I want to provide some visual context.

Below I will link a video of a player tanking while wearing mara's balm. The healing numbers can be seen to the right of his character, and most of the time the mara's procs are coming in so rapidly you cannot even count them. Also, I encourage you to skip to 3:40 in this video. The player gets stunned and does not break free for 5 full seconds while 15 or more people and 5 or more guards are hitting him. He also has the guard puncture debuff on him, which is +30% damage taken (it is a unique debuff, not major fracture). His health does not drop below 90%. He then proceeds to send a few messages and check his map while continuing to be hit by 15 people. Keep in mind that through most of these fights, he isn't even blocking. He is just standing there and mara's is not allowing his HP to drop below 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf0thgK-DDk

I just don't know what to say at this point. I do not understand why the developers will not listen to the playerbase about this set. It was reported well over a month before the patch went live, and we have provided so many examples of why it is broken and so many suggestions as to what could be done to fix it.

EDIT - I wanted to add one thing to this post that I forgot to mention. On PC NA since they replaced the servers, we have had overall very good performance with almost no lag at all. Since Update 35 launched, we have seen a severe drop in performance in cyrodiil, to the point where during prime time there is consistent ability delays of 2-3 seconds. I would not be surprised at all if this is due specifically to the number of calculations mara's balm is causing. The amount of players using this set is extremely high on PC NA, and the nature of the set must be causing a huge number of calculations per second on any player wearing it.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Now, ZOS can prove me wrong but I really hope they don't see DK as class is OP instead of what it's supposed to show, which is Mara's Balm being OP. Because DK cannot do that in PvP scene without that sort of set. I say this because I get the feeling that ZOS will do that like before in their history of nerfing/buffing stuffs.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on September 7, 2022 12:36PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Gizit
    Gizit
    ✭✭✭
    Well written @React
    They were able to implement a fix to undertaker swiftly, hopefully same resolve here.
    I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the end result is another useless set and yet another piece of gear to destroy. I'm not sure that making Mara's share the same fate is good. Then what even was the point of introducing the set?

I disagree as I think we have way too many sets. I'm all for nerfing it to near uselessness and getting back to U34's higher damage, higher death count PvP.

I agree with this and bring back dark convergence 15sec cooldown. 25sec is beyond useless! WTF are you supposed to do for the remaining 20secs between pulls? watch youtube?
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you honestly think it would?
    Options
  • Karma2Burn
    Karma2Burn
    ✭✭✭
    This set rewards
    sinnereso wrote: »
    So the end result is another useless set and yet another piece of gear to destroy. I'm not sure that making Mara's share the same fate is good. Then what even was the point of introducing the set?

I agree with this and bring back dark convergence 15sec cooldown. 25sec is beyond useless! WTF are you supposed to do for the remaining 20secs between pulls? watch youtube?

Learn to not crutch on a set?
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karma2Burn wrote: »
    This set rewards

Its not a crutch its a tool OR WAS! Now it is a waiting game to use it effectively or go buck wild and let it go off randomly for no reason at all. Its more of a special effects or pyrotechnics item now going off after the battle is done!
    Options
  • Karma2Burn
    Karma2Burn
    ✭✭✭
    This set rewards

Its not a crutch its a tool OR WAS! Now it is a waiting game to use it effectively or go buck wild and let it go off randomly for no reason at all. Its more of a special effects or pyrotechnics item now going off after the battle is done!

If you honestly cant find anything else to do for 20 seconds while youre in combat then its a crutch.
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

If you honestly cant find anything else to do for 20 seconds while youre in combat then its a crutch.

You honestly didnt read my post.. its the 20secs BETWEEN pulls that your waiting to pull next group because it only takes 5secs to kill the previous group!

8sec cooldown and no cc immunity is totally fine on rush of agony tho! makes sense to me! =p
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on September 7, 2022 1:02PM
    Options
  • Karma2Burn
    Karma2Burn
    ✭✭✭
    I read your post and youre complaining about not having insta pulls on deck every 15 seconds. Thats called a crutch. Are you talking about pve or pvp? I can give you some pointers on things you can do while youre waiting on your sets to do the job you should be doing yourself.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

Like... every other sets that is used by ballgroups...? When has this game's group meta not been a waiting game? It's been a waiting game since forever when it comes to ballgroups/group meta whether it be waiting for set cooldown, ult build up or what not.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on September 7, 2022 1:02PM
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »

Can we get u34 Oakensoul back then too?

I'm not opposed to that either except maybe no Major Heroism.

In my opinion Mara's Balm is worse than Oakensoul was. I'd much rather have a bunch of people running around with the U34 Oakensoul than the U35 Mara's Balm. At least in U34 people were dying.
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

Like... every other sets that is used by ballgroups...? When has this game's group meta not been a waiting game? It's been a waiting game since forever when it comes to ballgroups/group meta whether it be waiting for set cooldown, ult build up or what not.

You dont realize that 90% of the pulling was rush of agony NOT dcon! You only visually saw the dcon because roa has tiny barely visible visual effect and both of which were drowned out by ULTs in your death recaps!! =p
    Options
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah but no worries, they're monitoring it. /sarcasm
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options
  • Karma2Burn
    Karma2Burn
    ✭✭✭
    This set rewards

You dont realize that 90% of the pulling was rush of agony NOT dcon! You only visually saw the dcon because roa has tiny barely visible visual effect and both of which were drowned out by ULTs in your death recaps!! =p

Then why are you complaining about getting a longer cooldown for DC? I mean if its only 10% of the problem lol
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

Then why are you complaining about getting a longer cooldown for DC? I mean if its only 10% of the problem lol

On the receiving end its 10% of the problem. Using it in pvp or pve is now not much use at all yet ROA still going strong in pvp and the puling hasnt changed much at all asside from some may have swapped over to mara's but ROA can still pull you repeatedly 12x every half a sec from a 12man group nonstop forever pulliing you back in with no cc immunity!
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

Eh? I've seen more purple circles than Rush of Agony. Pre-nerf it was purple circle everywhere whether it be Colossus smashing, pve destro ult, Caltrops or even Standards. So, I don't even know what you are talking about Rush of Agony being '90%' pre-nerf. There's a reason why people were annoyed by constant non-stop pulling fest, it's all the wannabe bombers spamming ground aoe with their fancy purple whirlpool pulling you one after the other for you to die because some 19k health guy exploded to kill you also with Occult + Plaguebreak or Vicious Death.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on September 7, 2022 1:15PM
    Options
  • Karma2Burn
    Karma2Burn
    ✭✭✭
    This set rewards

On the receiving end its 10% of the problem. Using it in pvp or pve is now not much use at all yet ROA still going strong in pvp and the puling hasnt changed much at all asside from some may have swapped over to mara's but ROA can still pull you repeatedly 12x every half a sec from a 12man group nonstop forever pulliing you back in with no cc immunity!

So the cooldown is fine? Im glad we agree
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

Eh? I've seen more purple circles than Rush of Agony. Pre-nerf it was purple circle everywhere whether it be Colossus smashing, pve destro ult, Caltrops or even Standards. So, I don't even know what you are talking about Rush of Agony being '90%' pre-nerf. There's a reason why people were annoyed by constant non-stop pulling fest, it's all the wannabe bombers spamming ground aoe with their fancy purple whirlpool pulling you one after the other for you to die because some 19k health guy exploded to kill you also with Occult + Plaguebreak or Vicious Death.

Its easy to get out of dcon as you only need to once and you have cc immunity.. Rush of agony on the other hand pulls you back in non stop! How many times can you block or roll dodge before your out of stam and stuck there? ROA can forever repeatedly pull u back in over and over and over until you cant even block anymore because there was no cc immunity!!!! Dcon was only the icing on the cake at the tail end for the dmg but the initial pulling power at the lead was ROA!!!
    Options
  • Karma2Burn
    Karma2Burn
    ✭✭✭
    This set rewards

Its easy to get out of dcon as you only need to once and you have cc immunity.. Rush of agony on the other hand pulls you back in non stop! How many times can you block or roll dodge before your out of stam and stuck there? ROA can forever repeatedly pull u back in over and over and over until you cant even block anymore because there was no cc immunity!!!! Dcon was only the icing on the cake at the tail end for the dmg but the initial pulling power at the lead was ROA!!!

Ahh so RoA need a nerf! Ok we can talk about that then
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

YES! its the one that needed the nerf not dcon :) but everyone cried about dcon because it was the only one they actually could see!
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on September 7, 2022 1:27PM
    Options
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set rewards

YES! its the one that needed the nerf not dcon :) but everyone cried about dcon because it was the only one they actually could see!

Sounds like you're wearing an inferior set since ROA is the real issue. Just switch to ROA
    Options
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transparency is ranked on a 4 point scale: opaque', 'translucent', 'transparent' and 'water-clear'.
    There is a little known 5 level called 'defending crutches' which has greater transparency than 'water-clear'.
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForumBully wrote: »
    This set rewards

Sounds like you're wearing an inferior set since ROA is the real issue. Just switch to ROA

Tru story! =p
    Options
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking here, if everybody starts wearing Mara's Balm, nobody will die. Peace will be achieved. The war will be over. "Make love, not war" - totally radiates from Mara, the goddess of love. This is all part of a greater plan.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
    Options