The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who Benefits from Mayhem Event?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I told you a week ago you could do the Arena district daily without leaving the safety of your spawn point Flopsy.

You are wrong, at least in part. Yes, you can stand in the area where you are completely protected, but that relies on others doing the work for you, something that is not always the case, and something that can likely get you kicked out of the game for inaction if you get bored of standing there doing nothing and get into something else. That is not also a good gameplay choice for ZOS to provide.

I was in that "safe point" and just got ganked. And it appears that player is now camping the area. Repeat again how you can do it here and be "safe"....

Encouraging play to gank those who are just trying to complete a quest is not a good thing.

Then perhaps, just maybe, ah, crouch. You know if you wear medium armour, have stealth points and crouch, most people will need to be within 7 metres of you to gank you right? That “safe zone” is only safe if you’re not seen, there’s ways to nail people up there, just as there’s ways to nail people down below.

I was killing a mob to "free" the people. Crouching would not help/be possible. I also don't think the "7 meters" is accurate any longer. The archers were far from close, probably farther than I could launch a Crystal Blast. That ignores other methods.

This time I was right at the edge to hit the guard, but the enemy player was still farther away. The point there is that it was not "safe" if I wanted to get people freed without waiting for others.

Though the issue of being able to attack to the platform easier than down remains. Several other AOE attacks can be placed on a platform.

I did find I got credit for people others freed standing on the side of the opening below nearer the main door, but that requires others are freeing people. I have only validated that works on the AD platform. I am not sure it would work on both of the others, especially one that does not have anyone directly under the platform.

Sitting in the silenced safe spot and waiting for other players to free citizens works on the EP tower, which was the faction I tested when I wrote my Mayhem guide. There's a nearby pack with an ogre and two dremora IIRC.

In a past MYM, there was someone who grouped up, then ran around nearby freeing citizens and that worked for their groupmates in the tower.

I do feel obligated to note that by using the respawn towers, we aren't really doing the quest as intended, so the sheer boredom of the gameplay is something we chose for ourselves. When I actually run for event tickets, I'll get out there in the district and run around freeing NPCs. I might die, but so what? It's considerably more entertaining than pew-pewing off the tower or sitting in silence.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 8, 2022 11:03AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lost me in the OP at mentioning Cropsford (You said Cropsville but since that isn'ta location I am assuming you meant 'ford).

Now, why did you lose me here?

Well, Cropsford is an Alliance war capture point. Meaning, your inentions there are irrelevant and you are open season to kill at will because it is a location that provides points for alliance war campaign, a spawn point for positioning, has specific quests related to capturing it, etc.

Your presence there on an opposing faction is a threat. And you should and will be ganked there repeatedly because you are the enemy and on an opposing alliance you have no business there. That's for Cropsford, Vlastarus, and Bruma. Go away, those are explicit PVP spots.

I mean, technically, all of Cyro and Imperial City are PVP spots, but to call out a sub space within them that is designed for contesting via PVP just shows how out of touch with the content PVE only players are.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cheydinhal is not an objective town and it has two quest givers.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PS5 NA Gray Host has been a miraculously close campaign, the last one was as well. As a pvp player I've been victimized by the que. Preventing me from playing during prime time unless I wait an hour or get in before the rush.
    I wish you were required to be at tier 3 rewards (prev camp/flip time) to enter GH during mayhem. People who have no vested interest in that campaign will simply move to the next. Those newly created camps will end up with more pve players, more balance to the scales in there.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra AP helped me. I maxed out both assault and support and somehow became a sergeant this event. And it looks like I have a whooping 13 alliance kills since I started the game back in 2016.

But, if you want me to try real PVP, there needs to be a low cost entry point. I'm not paying gold to change all my skills, attributes, CP and then finding new gear and weapons just to get killed. Make a campaign where I can get started using a premade build and then compete with others on premade builds.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have sufficiently enjoyed this event in past iterations to get 40+ 50-crystal geodes without relying on wall repair. A lot of that may have come from knocking over resources, or just being in the right keep at the right time to get defense ticks, but at least I was engaging with Cyrodiil as was intended, and not hating it.

I'm burnt out on it now, but basically I count as a successful customer of the whole idea.

However, nothing about the PvP aspect of Imperial City appeals to me. I do the quests before the event starts, in the middle of the night, and don't even try to fight back if attacked. So that part to me is repetitive questing with officially-sanctioned griefing.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who does PvP often outside of the PvP events I can say that amount of gankers is abnormal during events. It is more or less 700% of what one can encounter normally. Very similar situation in case of broken / toxic / annoying builds. The amount of DC procs or Caluurion procs for example. I also noticed that 70% of players are DKs, and I don't recall seeing this many DKs outside of events.

There's actually been a LOT of DKs (at least on PS) since 2 patches ago when DKs were boosted, like literally every other player seemed to be on a DK for a while there, there's actually less than there were, you used to be able to get the "kill 20 DKs" quest in one small rumble a few months ago.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DPS as all the healers getting war horn

😛 Bet you didn't expect that answer
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Korinth wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I think events like this PvP event actually ensure more players will stay away from PvP forever, because of gankers. PvP needs a major change. It is strange that players can do well over 100k DPS, compared to the amount of hp/resists we have. Making it a gankers paradise, as players die in 0.4 seconds. This leaves no room for improving, and just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. PvPers can't be proud they killed someone, and the person who died just feels bad as they had no chance to even fight back.

in my opinion PvP events are only created to feed players to the PvPers, which is just stupid. Even more so as they spread out the event tickets and only drop the styles from the IC bosses. Which can be a real pain to farm, especially for non-PvP players.

PvP needs a major change, one PvPers will very very much dislike. So that PvP will open up to everyone.

PS: Another thing that should not be possible is restealthing again and again, after attacking someone and failing. Damage from stealth is WAY too high for that.

This....ALL of this.

I will add the main reason I never really got into PvP is the PAINFUL way you have to respec your Champ points, skills, and yet another gear grind for PvP gear that changes every 3 months much like PvE gear does.

I suggested in another thread that maybe the Cyro MYM event give PvE'ers a mission behind the main base gates....so if a PvE'er WANTS to engage in PvP they can, but if they dont...then they dont have to. Its just sad you have these "elite" PvPers camping town mission daily spots so they can nuke non-PvPer's.

With additional of the armory you shouldn't have to respec to go into PVP
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on August 13, 2022 12:03AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the amount of players who really benefit is pretty low.

A campaign has 180 players simultaneously at 3 bars, on xbox you had 2-3 campaigns at 2-3 bars.
    So roughly 500 playing simultaneously.

There is a notable increase in the number of players participating in PvP during the event. By that definition, the event is a success as it is every time.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I think the amount of players who really benefit is pretty low.

A campaign has 180 players simultaneously at 3 bars, on xbox you had 2-3 campaigns at 2-3 bars.
    So roughly 500 playing simultaneously.

There is a notable increase in the number of players participating in PvP during the event. By that definition, the event is a success as it is every time.

Midyear Mayhem is the only time IC is actually playable and fun. The mode is supposed to feel like non-stop deathmatch arena and is just not designed for low population. The extra Cyrodiil campaigns were so dead (one was an EP emp farming merry-go-round and the other was an AD emp farming merry-go-round). At least DC was permanently low pop, for my timezone at least.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got this when I cycled through my characters today, so I am inclined to say that anybody who plans accordingly will benefit from any given event.

wt8mx2k6sj1e.png