The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Pink_E_808 , howdy @dotme ...

appreciate you both...

cuz, ya can't pvp by yourself :)

for those greedy merchants in wayrest - go covenant...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Howdy to you @geonsocal. I've been lurking on your thread here for a long time and enjoy reading your posts. I also appreciate the competition, though it's been a while since the last time I saw you (around Brin iirc, lol) 😊
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sing-sing-universal.gif

EP won by a couple of thousand on the EU server...

DC just barely hung on to win on the NA server...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let mayhem begin (if you have enough patience to sit in queue)...
    200.gif

right about right now...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 29, 2022 6:33AM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was a fun campaign. Good fights on all sides :)
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were sooo close!! 😭 😆 I'm not usually one to watch the scores, I'm just there to play, but those last few hours were edge-of-your-seat suspenseful, lol. Gg everyone!!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woo hoo...was playing on EU yesterday and got an 80k d-tic at d-claw...what made the experience even more grand, i ported in just after the keep was un-flagged and the fighting was over...found a spot in the keep (one of the corner towers) to use a wall repair kit...

i forget just how much i love double AP, combine it with a low population bonus, and - you can make lots of AP really quick :)

Edited by geonsocal on July 30, 2022 3:46PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ever with the strategy i am...so finished up my EU toons to tier 3 - not only was i rocking the pelinal's scroll buff, but everytime i logged on (about 8pm to 10pm p.s.t.) we had the low pop bonus too...

man, resources were going for 6.6k a pop...
    ShowyDopeyBasil-max-1mb.gif

done a few toons on the NA server too...no low pops there though :)

all my toons are in a oakensoul build...they're all working okay now, some better than others...a lot of time though it just depends what the game performance situation might be as to how a particular build performs at the time i'm playing...

oakensoul just makes things easier...each toon is set up with a two bar build...depending on the situation is which bar i'll stay on for a while...

love seeing all the noob friendlies in cyrodiil...
    the-god-father-marlon-brando.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on August 3, 2022 6:56PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    took a break for a while...just busy with life...actually, i think i may have only taken a day and a half or so off - i been doing this so long and so often, even a short break feels like i've been away for ever :)

finished up my EU toons for the campaign, still working through my NA toons...

played my stamblade yesterday - it's like oakensoul was built for bow builds, he did real well out there...

someone mentioned using bombard as a good method for executing folks (particularly those roll dodgers) - i must concur, bombard was cleaning up nicely for me yesterday...

it was cool, the map was pretty full, but, it seemed like maybe there were still a few new-to-pvp folks riding along and fighting with our alliance...
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    geon how is the population on NA after the event ?

On EU, GH has 0 bars at prime time , all the people are switched to BR , well not all the people - its only 2 bars of each at prime time in BR.

My point is people cba with GH, after that unplayable mess of a pvp event.

I wonder how it is on the NA side ?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @MISTFORMBZZZ ...NA has been pretty good...

all 3 alliances are within about 1,000 points of one another (there's about 15 days left in the campaign)...

I logged in last night to play on EU and the whole map was yellow...

AD is leading the campaign by about 30,000 points...

sadly, except for weekends, it'll probably stay kind of dead now til at least next campaign...

if you'd like to make a NA toon please let me know, I have a lot of stuff on the NA server...

heck, I got a lot of stuff now on the EU too, NA is where I started out though...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, almost forgot jackie, (sorry, not sure how you might spell it)...

my name is george, picked up the nickname geo way back at school...

the whole thing is supposed to be: george living in southern california...

geo-n-socal :)
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    hey george from southern california :D

thanks for your offer, if it would easier to switch server & if i could take my pvp guild with me i would consider it.
    Maybe some day , who knows ^^

Im glad the pvp life on NA goes on, on EU it seems like the pvp has been ended :/

Greets

Jacky
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay then now...time for a quick campaign update with about 10 days left in the campaign:

ugh, things are really not so good on the EU server - AD is up by about 30 or 40 thousand or something...every time i check in, the map is gated for us...

over on the NA server - things are much more balanced with EP in the lead...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lest we not forget the reason we are here :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIbrrAbsDpw

holy cow, looked at the scores again today - AD is actually ahead by 50k, DC is in last, 4k behind EP...i haven't checked in during primetime in a while...the last weeks whenever i look in late night pacific standard time, it's all or mostly yellow...

here's NA with 10 days to go:
    EP - 64.1k
    AD - 58.3k
    DC - 57.8k

lately been playing my magblade, magplar and now playing my mag sorc...bought some crowns for the first time in a while...noticed i was only at psijic skill level 5 on my magsorc...wanna take advantage of the passive psijic shield, i'm just gonna buy the rest of the skill line...

while playing these three toons late night when the pops are lower, i'm enjoying using use soul assault with them, doesn't finish everyone - heck, some folks it just seems to bounce right off...

i'm gonna start adding Order's Wrath:
    (2 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    (5 items) Adds 943 Critical Chance, Increases your Critical Damage and Critical Healing by 8%.

to replace calurrion's legacy - which i finally farmed about a month ago :# oh well, my fault for being behind the curve in the first place...

Edited by geonsocal on August 18, 2022 3:01PM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Yep EU Grey Host is practically empty because nothing is working. The yellow map stays yellow all day because nobody is there to take stuff.

I played the first 6/7 days of the campaign before the maintenence that broke things and have been in Blackreach for the last 2 weeks, but have only dropped 5 places on my alliance leaderboard in GH in that time. That's how few people are playing.

I'm guessing yesterday's maintenance didn't revert whatever broke in the previous one as its still at zero bars all day.
    Edited by Peacatcher on August 19, 2022 4:24PM
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ola, como estas?

sadly, despite my latin heritage, that's about as far as I go in spanish...

funny, I've studied spanish, lived in germany, studied french - not much ever stuck...

here we go now:

NA Gray Host: EP, AD, DC

EU Gray Host: AD, EP, DC...top score: 42.3 mil...

AD has 138.8k points...that's insane...in the membrane...

seriously though, the campaign was absolutely dead for two weeks...the main pvp map on the European Playstation platform...

less sets, better game play rules - something really needs to be done to give alliance participants a chance to "compete"...

why in the world does the low pop bonus fall behind actual game conditions by hours?
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray Host on Playstation EU was completely destroyed by the maintenance in the middle of the PvP event. Everyone moved to Blackreach or just quit playing PvP. There are some discussions talking about this, but we did not get any real information about what happened. Just the usual "have you tried turning it off an on again?", "try to open your ports" and "contact customer service"...

Something is going on, and nobody is talking to us. We will not get new servers for at least a year and nobody even knows if that will help. Nobody knows if the other stuff they said they are planning to do will work. So i am a bit worried about our future in this game.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you and I both @Lebkuchen ...

the weekends are fairly full, but, off-hours during the week is not so much...

big performance issues, or major combat updates will definitely push people away from cyrodiil...

I know it's a huge time investment, but it is most definitely one of the greatest benefits of having a set of fighting toons on each server...

I've been playing NA Gray Host for the last couple of weeks...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 28, 2022 4:11PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yikes...uh oh, don't look now (cause I just did), it would seem as though nothing has changed on the EU server, entire gray host map is painted yellow...

yeah, this is not good...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, cause this troubles me a bunch, namely because i really enjoy the other "regular" grey host DC players on EU...

there are exactly six "main" cyrodiil campaign maps (not to live in the past - but, at one point a big eso marketing draw)..

one of them is dead...dead dead dead dead...i wouldn't be surprised if some of the other platform/server maps are experiencing something similar...

that's not good, a few hundred of us at least are not having any opportunity to play the main map for cyrodiil pvp...

giphy.gif

i'm not disillusioned enough to think anyone at zos is even in the slightest concerned with this situation...

200.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on August 30, 2022 10:27PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, still not much luck getting on the EU server and having fun...

things have been rocking and rolling over on the NA server though...

been playing my NA magblade...that's my very first toon i started at console release...

it was just him for a little over six months...what finally made me start a magplar then mag sorc was the fact that all I could do with my nightblade at the time - was hide...

got tired of hiding, my templar (in heavy) and sorcerer (in light at that time, i've used heavy in his build a few times) proved to be a thousand times easier to play...much easier to stay alive and fight...

both toons could easily outpace my nightblade in terms of healing (templar) and ranged aoe damage (sorcerer)...

ha, for at least the first five years playing in cyrodiil - I always felt like I was fighting from a champion point deficit...maybe also from a gear deficit...

and a rotation deficit...I could sustain and survive, it was challenging for me to find the right combination of attacks to execute folks...

the last couple of years I've gained better fighting consistency...it can be challenging when I start playing different toons, on both servers...

I've learned now to be a little smarter in how I rotate the toons/builds I use...more so in terms of their "playstyle"...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 3, 2022 7:14PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anywho...what made my play yesterday with my magblade so enjoyable was deciding I did not wish to die...at least to any other players, I'll still use recall stones and blood porting to guards...

but yeah, I'm gonna pour oil on you, shoot meatbags and cold stone trebuchets - then dip out...

I'll stay a bit longer if there are allies around to to help fight or rez...still, I'm popping a health drought, dropping from the top of something to preferably outside the keep...

dropping lots of camps lately, also slotting a ram occasionally...

dipping out of a keep when there are enemies all over is kind of fun...

I've built magblade brawlers before (oblivion damage theme), but usually my sustain is pretty good... wearing spinners/warmaiden/oakensoul/kena...using a lightening stave...

I can spam cloak pretty easy, the health drought has immovable so I can not get stuck for a bit (8 seconds I think?)...that does mean I can't sit and chill for very long in a fight...

even if someone uses detect stuff, soul tether and concealed weapon work great to buy some time...

point of the story being, death becomes pretty optional, that's kind of fun...

too funny, just thought about it - i did get caught up in a couple of dark convergence pulls...

that's cool, I guess it's also intended for sneaky folks like me...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 3, 2022 7:21PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what the heck, it's Sunday morning here in California, what should be a packed house in EU Grey Host is instead a completely yellow, empty map...

that stinks...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been playing my NA vamp stamblade, using the bow, calurrion's (soon to be replaced with order's wrath), spriggans, oakensoul, balorgh...

i was thinking of buffing his magic, it was fun not dying too much the other day...he's set up more to brawl though, i'll be happy to put on medium everything and just use pots to buff his magicka...

had fun inside d-claw...went there to tag it with my thing: geo's cyrodiilic keepsake...heard siege sounds...

looked around and there was this cp2k+ toon setting up three ballistas, i thought they wanted to blood port or something, took the encounter WAY too casual...i had surprise so stayed in the fight a bit, but died, they had the keep flagged, i didn't even bother to set up a camp...

i didn't expect them to cause so much trouble...someone showed up and rezzed me, got the keep unflagged, but, kept losing time and time again to this nightblade...their rotation/burst was excellent, i would've needed a necromancer, warden or dk to really stand a chance in a 1 v 1...for some crazy reason i forgot to switch to my 2H...

they were really good, i don't remember many or any set procs showing upo on my death recap, just clean executions, time, time and time again...can't remember now whether they were AD or EP...don't think i ever really wanted to note their name...

i really enjoyed fighting them, had help a couple of times from two different nightblades...called out in chat, other nightblades were nice enough to show - but, the enemy blade dipped out after a while...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 5, 2022 9:46PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick update on EU Grey Host...

there's both good and bad news...good news - the map is no longer all yellow, not so good news - now the entire map is red :p
    Edited by geonsocal on September 10, 2022 2:53PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA Grey Host is staying balanced and competitive, at.least when I go to log on...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had something "funny"/frustrating happen the other night...

EU has been painted either either all red or all yellow for about 5 weeks now during evenings p.s.t.

fortunately the NA server has remained competitive...

was part of some randoms returning the alma ruma scroll back to the temple (from blue road keep i believe)...

there were only about 8 of us, shoot at times there were less than that...

at the time we (DC) did have a few groups on, but, they were doing what groups usually do - busy capturing AP...

had a few scuffles with some EP players along the journey, nothing too serious...

for some reason, the scroll runner didn't stick close enough to our home keeps along the way and a little south of glademist we got engaged by a really well organized group of AD...

glade wasn't too far away, but, for some reason, very few DC showed up to help defend the scroll...AD ended up snatching it from us...

I was sooooooo frustrated I followed the scroll from glade to all the way past black boot...

died a bunch, but didn't care, was just frustrated only a few of us on our alliance were focused on the scroll...

oh well, so goes the war at times I guess...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 17, 2022 1:34AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having too much fun in update 35 not gonna lie. The first like 2 weeks of it was fun because no one had maras balm but now it's gotten considerably harder to kill people. I think cause people are using Maras now.
    Probably should change all my cp to offensive cp in order to kill people because even being able to hit 10k noncrits on a nightblade is not enough to kill people apparently lol.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Not having too much fun in update 35 not gonna lie. The first like 2 weeks of it was fun because no one had maras balm but now it's gotten considerably harder to kill people. I think cause people are using Maras now.
    Probably should change all my cp to offensive cp in order to kill people because even being able to hit 10k noncrits on a nightblade is not enough to kill people apparently lol.[/q

yeah that set is really broken.....just what cyro needs, more broken stuff......sigh
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."